forum

Textures not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired
So i was making a texture for the sliders, And when i preview it in game. there just the default textures but only the slider textures weren't working.
THAT_otaku
What skin file are you editing? You cant change slider bodies to my knowledge (outside of the different slider variants and colours in the skin.ini)
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

THAT_otaku wrote:

What skin file are you editing? You cant change slider bodies to my knowledge (outside of the different slider variants and colours in the skin.ini)
I said it in the topic.
JustABeginner
What did you name the skin element of the texture that you're mentioning?
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

JustABeginner wrote:

What did you name the skin element of the texture that you're mentioning?
I didn't rename anything, i just edited the slider texture.
THAT_otaku
There is no "slider texture" in skinning, that is the problem. We're asking for the specific name of what you changed so we can help you :)
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

THAT_otaku wrote:

There is no "slider texture" in skinning, that is the problem. We're asking for the specific name of what you changed so we can help you :)
Im talking about the file skins "sliderb1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8"
JustABeginner
Do you name the first texture to "sliderb0"?
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

JustABeginner wrote:

Do you name the first texture to "sliderb0"?
No.
THAT_otaku
Regardless of what you have them as now, if you want an animated slider ball (Which is what the files you are using right now will do) they should be in the format of: sliderb-0.png , sliderb-1.png , and so on. If they are not exactly named like, that it wont work.
RockRoller

THAT_otaku wrote:

[...]in the format of: sliderb-0.png , sliderb-1.png , and so on. [...]
Without the dashes, sliderb doesnt follow the normal animation naming scheme
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

THAT_otaku wrote:

Regardless of what you have them as now, if you want an animated slider ball (Which is what the files you are using right now will do) they should be in the format of: sliderb-0.png , sliderb-1.png , and so on. If they are not exactly named like, that it wont work.
I don't want it animated.
THAT_otaku
keep the first file(or the best one) , remove all the others, and remove the "-number" from the file name of the one you kept.
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

THAT_otaku wrote:

keep the first file(or the best one) , remove all the others, and remove the "-number" from the file name of the one you kept.
Still the same default texture
THAT_otaku
So its called just "sliderb" now correct ? Go back to osu! and press ctrl+shift+alt+s to reload your skin and have a look in-game.

Scroll down in here slightly to sliderb, idk might help wiki/en/Skinning/osu%21#slider . Make sure its a png file (or jpeg i think).

Idk depending on your resolution it may need @2x at the end of the file name.
Topic Starter
DoritosAcquired

THAT_otaku wrote:

So its called just "sliderb" now correct ? Go back to osu! and press ctrl+shift+alt+s to reload your skin and have a look in-game.

Scroll down in here slightly to sliderb, idk might help wiki/en/Skinning/osu%21#slider . Make sure its a png file (or jpeg i think).

Idk depending on your resolution it may need @2x at the end of the file name.
Oh sorry i accidentally named it to "slider.png" i renamed it now!