forum

Toggles within skin.ini to restore old circle animation [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +446
Topic Starter
ryza
With the new graphical update, I feel like a lot of undesirable features were added to the game. After just a few minutes of playing I can name quite a few:

falling "X's" on miss Resolved - thanks peppy!

hit lighting -- when I hit something (without hidden on), the hit feels "empty"Resolved, according to peppy

new slider ticks - these are not useful for reading before hand, the size increasing is very eyecatching and distracting These seem to be mostly fixed now, although there may still be issues on certain maps or AR's, so needs more testing (I still think a toggle to go back to the old way would be the best option, though)

Circle Animation - should have an option to be restored to how it was previously, the circle hit animation doesn't explode quite like before.

I'm sorry, but you should not force these major changes upon all players. A lot of people take this game very seriously and after a long time of playing with the same skin, slight changes greatly decrease my ability to focus. So some toggles should be added to disable certain undesirable "features"

I think it would be very easy to just let all of this stuff be changed within skin.ini itself, so players can choose which method they would like to use: new or old

I think a lot of people can agree

thank you

edit: IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS NOT LISTED HERE, CONTACT ME (THROUGH FORUM PM) AND I WILL LOOK INTO IT

if it is a problem relevant to this thread I will include it in the OP, thank you
Jinxy
Wait, doesn't it already default to old behavior when you have a custom skin?

Unchecking that should make the skin use old behaviour, I think, or are there still changes
Topic Starter
ryza
There are still changes, the new skin/UI has some inherent behavior changes that cannot be changed by skin cusomization
peppy

Silynn wrote:

falling "X's" on miss -- makes me feel like I failed the map (seriously it feels like sudden death is on whenever I miss a note)
not changing this one, sorry.

Silynn wrote:

slider body change -- pls don't do this
you can change this in skin.ini

Silynn wrote:

a lot of skin elements are now outdated due to the update, ruining the hard work of all skinners up to now
no, all old elements work correctly.

Silynn wrote:

hitburst changes -- when I hit something (without hidden on), the hit feels "empty"
use the template skin or another skin. behaviour is as before.

Silynn wrote:

new slider ticks - these are not useful for reading before hand, the size increasing is very eyecatching and distracting
Topic Starter
ryza
Even changing SliderStyle back to 1 in skin.ini still has noticable differences

(these are both the exact same slider)

about skin elements not working, that was my bad, I had a few things not consistent in my skin and it messed the interface up a bit

however I don't understand why you can't let players force old behaviors, I think it is rather pushy to suddenly force these changes on players
azenet
The hit burst is definitely different. It's more persistant and less dynamic that before. Misses are really disturbing for playing.
+Support
Almost

peppy wrote:

Silynn wrote:

falling "X's" on miss -- makes me feel like I failed the map (seriously it feels like sudden death is on whenever I miss a note)
Would it be possible for an option to toggle this?
RBRat3
Any change takes time to get accustomed to this also applies to custom skins as it does changing the default.

-You should feel like you failed.. You missed! This is the equivalent of telling your teach not to write F grades in red pen because the color feels violent and bad. Well the grade was bad...

a lot of skin elements are now outdated due to the update, ruining the hard work of all skinners up to now
-Only users hard skinwork that went to waste was the special screen where 90% of the time was a pulled wallpaper and cropped artwork that wasn't their own.
Topic Starter
ryza

RBRat3 wrote:

-You should feel like you failed.. You missed! This is the equivalent of telling your teach not to write F grades in red pen because the color feels violent and bad. Well the grade was bad...
The old way was fine, the new animation is just distracting

RBRat3 wrote:

-Only users hard skinwork that went to waste was the special screen where 90% of the time was a pulled wallpaper and cropped artwork that wasn't their own.
As I said, this was a mistake I made and after changing a couple of things it's fine
theowest
I feel like the new slider ticks don't come up in time for faster sliders. or is it just me?
edit: I am wrong p/2185759
NAGISACHAn_old
My skin feels completely diffrent from last time i played : [
+support
Compa
The new skin feels perfectly fine.
So I'd say no.
theowest
You'll get used to it, I played the new default skin a lot on the test build before this update so I have no problems with it now.
pixeldesu
I have to say, that the hits really feel like I don't get any "feedback", like this popping up...but I played a lot on the testbuild, like theowest (in the post above this) and I'm getting used to it.
Kodora
oh, support this with all my love
Anceri
SUPPORT...
I have been failing insane songs that i could play previously
I just don't like this new forced update..
Kite
I dislike the appearance of slider ticks since the new update, oh and also the ingame user list when pressing F9.. why is it so bright all of a sudden?
Ohrami
Definitely support all of this. I can't believe this was actually put in the game, especially how the hit circles don't expand when tapped.

Sadly, I have no stars :(
MMzz
Give it time to get used to it, don't play it for a few hours then give up. Embrace change, don't just deny it because it is a little different. I for one feel no difference while playing, the only thing that was truly noticeable was the hit-burst doesn't expand and fade as slow, but I got used to that after playing for a bit. Nice skin peppy, I enjoy the new look.

This is just like when the new slider algorithm was forced, no one liked it at first but now no one cares.
Ohrami
But I don't want to get used to something that's objectively worse

It should just be changed back

Plus, you aren't even an osu!standard player, so it's probably easy for you to transition
show more