forum

Toggles within skin.ini to restore old circle animation [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +446
show more
peppy
Hit lighting. Not circle animation. Please read, and also read the changelog. And stop posting.
Ohrami
I wasn't sure what the name of the circle animation is. Most people have been calling it "hit lighting" (such as the OP), so I assumed hit lighting had a double meaning. Whatever the case, thanks for at least changing one of the things people might take issue with.

Also, when you mentioned that one of the changes was a glitch in chat earlier today, were you talking about the hit lighting or circle animation?
Topic Starter
ryza
What Kyou said. People were calling it the hit lighting, so that's what I put in the OP. If it is indeed "circle animation" then I can change to OP to reflect that, because that's what I was referring to, mostly.
peppy
Hit lighting was changed, but also restored in an earlier update.
karma_komodo
Thank you peppy!!!!
My old skins work again. ;)
Airi1993
Help T_T i can't make faster spins with this skin.
How can i delete spin background?
Ohrami
Resolved? There was no update to resolve the problems in the OP. Somebody made a mistake.

Edit: Thank you, MillhioreF, for fixing it :D
MillhioreF
I've edited the topic title too to reflect the last remaining major issue.
NAGISACHAn_old
My skin still doesent work :/
Prieto
How I can do this?
Ohrami
Sad to see this still hasn't been fixed...
peppy
If it hasn't been fixed, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Ohrami
Look at this video. You can download this map and the skin from my profile and compare the animations of the circles in-game and in the video. This map is a good example because it's easier to see the massive difference on streamy maps, at least for me. You can see that the circles "expand" far more in that video than they do in the current live version of the game, and that is what so many players have been and still are frustrated over.
Kyou-chan
im going 2 cry
:( :( :( :(
Ohrami
Here's two good screenshots which clearly exemplify the problem.

This first screenshot is what the game currently looks like, using a 1920x1080 resolution:

Here is a screenshot of the same section of the same beatmap using the same skin at the same resolution, albeit on a YouTube video clip:

Clearly, something has changed. Peppy's denial of this has begun to irritate me recently. There's a reason why most of the top players recognize that something has changed. There's a reason why Cookiezi threw a tantrum and broke his stylus. The game has changed, and many players don't welcome it.
JappyBabes
Options > Skin > Uncheck prefer new data. learn your options
Ohrami

w0w who woulda guessed its already not checked
peppy
cookiezi broke his pen because i called him noob. get your facts right. this is not factual
Soarezi
I can confirm what Kyou-kun said, nothing has changed about the hitcircle explosions, they're still really small compared to what they were.
jemhuntr
gosh, I have no idea why people still keep on ranting about that tiny hitcircle animation. (I don't even know how this thread reached 9 pages)
I would understand why it got so many stars, tho'

technically you can skin that circle animation using hitbursts (the only difference would be that it will be drawn behind the hitcircle). I would happily make you a set of hitbursts ten times more massive and explosive than the old behavior if you want.
Yes, it was weird playing with the new default skin at first (but I liked it, since it looks good). It took some time getting used to it, but now I managed to move on and skin the new osu! interface to my liking. I also tried used a little "burst effect" for the hitburst, so I get a little bit of that old feel when hitting circles. But as I play along and experiment with my skin, I end up with a not-too-flashy and simple animation, which did not affect my gameplay. There is a limit to how we can customize the osu! UI, so we have to maximize it and devise our own workarounds for it. I agree that changing something without notice nor an option to go back isn't really nice, but I'm not liking the reason you're ranting right here.

and peppy, maybe it's time to see the advantages of having a multitude of options ;p
more variables = win
it's up to you to decide whether you'll spend your time adding variables and options to the code, or just deal with ranting people who can't adapt to evolution or these minor changes you make on your program.
lol peppy called cookiezi noob

also Soarezi, Kyou-kun is arguing against the change in the circle animation behavior, so I don't think he thinks that there was no change with the circle behavior. :)

in the end, peppy will still be the one who will win, this is his game after all.
peppy
Circle animations have changed 4 times in the last two years. I don't plan on making new toggles each time. The animation has no changed. Duration may have. No, I will not be changing this. It may change in the future, though.

Settings for animations in skins would probably be the best way to deal with this, but you could make a custom skin burst which is animated to replace the shotcoming for now, if you feel that strongly about it. I gaurantee it can be done with animations alone.

*eats stars*