forum

Best practice for a beginner?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sorr0w_old
Hi guys I'm not an advent player of rhythm games so I think I'm having a difficult time with the game. I was just wondering if there was any advice seasoned veterans have with regards to techniques at least for someone starting off from scratch. Maybe there are particular beatmaps? or should I just keep trying out different songs and stuff?

This topic probably appears more often that people would like. ^^;
YoshiKart
This is a good thread for information for beginners. :)
Topic Starter
Sorr0w_old
Awesome I'll check that out. Thanks for the link. ^-^
lukewarmholiday
Don't spam plays on songs you can beat.

Struggle on maps you feel like you will never beat.

That's how you get good at the rythm gaeman.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Sorr0w_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi
An64fan
Yeah, overall, start small but work your way up. Don't try going after stuff that obviously crush you, but do try working on tougher beatmaps as you progress. Indeed, Beginner's training is a good place to start off, and try looking for easy-marked maps on the beatmaps list when you're downloading stuff. Though the standard for Easy maps has kinda fallen apart as of late, I think. :( *still does her best on mapping true beginner-level easy maps*
Ekaru
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that if you want to see how you're doing, play this map on Beginner:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2204

If you SS it, you're doing well. If you S it, you're making progress. If you miss a note, then you're either lagging or have work to do. >_>; But yeah, that's one of the easiest beatmap in the game, and easy to raise your accuracy on to SSH.
[deleted user]
anonymous_old
Neeeeeeeeeeeeecrooooooooooooooo.

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16923