forum

Score Multipliers for 4~8k [osu!mania]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +28
Topic Starter
Anceri
If you think i'm referring to HR/HD/FL/DT/NC , no i'm not.

We have a mod option for playing 6k on a 7k map am i right?
I think we should set different score multipliers to each mod like 4k/5k/6k/7k/8k.
Because i think it'd be unfair if we are playing 6k and other people use 4k and still get higher score then us even though we use 6k.
Also i think 8k should have a higher score multiplier if we're playing on a 7k and below map, otherwise it's also unfair.

Here are some screenies if you don't get it.

4k/5k/6k/7k/8k each should have different score multipliers! otherwise it's unfair for gameplay.
woc2006
Firstly, I don't agree with using nK mods to get higher scores, so all nK mods are <1 multipliers.
Secondly, I've made different multipilers for 2 cases, play with more keys and play with less keys.
ZeroEightOne
I think scoring should be..
- More keys means higher multiplier
Example : 4K diff , 5K = 1.03x , 6K = 1.07x like this
- Less keys means lower multiplier
Example : 7K diff , 6K = 0.90x , 5K = 0.80x like this
Topic Starter
Anceri

0814587134 wrote:

That was what i was meaning all along...
Amefuri Koneko

0814587134 wrote:

Not much sense in 1.x multipliers actually, diffs that autogen 4k are generaly super easy and they will stay super easy even with 7k-8k mod, there won't be any reason to play 4k easy diff cuz you can just learn to FC it with 7k mod in one evening.

On the other hand, 0.9x multiplier for 4k mod is WAY TOO HIGH, it should be at least 0.5x. Look up on youtube what stepmania\ffr players can do with 4k. This will lead to top 40 for any decent insane being taken by 4k SS's. Damn, Staiain already had a vid of him A'ing "big black" 4k. There're plenty of 7k insanes which are impossible\nearly impossible to 90% (mostly due to autogen abusing middle button), but they will be SS'd by 4k mod users in no time, believe me.
woc2006

Ami Furi Koneko wrote:

0814587134 wrote:

Not much sense in 1.x multipliers actually, diffs that autogen 4k are generaly super easy and they will stay super easy even with 7k-8k mod, there won't be any reason to play 4k easy diff cuz you can just learn to FC it with 7k mod in one evening.

On the other hand, 0.9x multiplier for 4k mod is WAY TOO HIGH, it should be at least 0.5x. Look up on youtube what stepmania\ffr players can do with 4k. This will lead to top 40 for any decent insane being taken by 4k SS's. Damn, Staiain already had a vid of him A'ing "big black" 4k. There're plenty of 7k insanes which are impossible\nearly impossible to 90% (mostly due to autogen abusing middle button), but they will be SS'd by 4k mod users in no time, believe me.
4K 0.86x
7K 0.9x
Topic Starter
Anceri
Couldn't 4k drop lower?
It doesn't make sense where most high rankings are done by 4Ks.

Look, a 4K getting higher then me , using 6k.
Kazuo
why not ranking boards for each keys?
theowest

Kazuo wrote:

this guy
Topic Starter
Anceri

theowest wrote:

Kazuo wrote:

this guy
too epic.
peppy
Why not ranking boards for each country for each key number for each unique mod combination for each state in each country for each period since the last lunar eclipse.
Zamura_old

peppy wrote:

Why not ranking boards for each country for each key number for each unique mod combination for each state in each country for each period since the last lunar eclipse.
lol'd
Bites
i already don't really like the 0.86 on 4k compared to other mods - both require a high degree of skill and many 7k players have shown themselves to be able to defeat 4k scores effortlessly and would've taken top ranks regardless of score mods!

but hey, it's already decent enough to be recognized as the 'best' 4k player on mania right now (that is, until staiain gets used to long notes) so i'm not really that iffed! it's all in good fun anyways, so i'll still be playing 4k regardless of whether it's at 0.9x score or 0.1x :D

speaking of which, someone go take my #1 on banned forever. 4k scores are noob, one of you 7k pros can do it!
Agka
this is an honest question.

why do you guys care about the autoconversion scores?
Kazuo

Anticipate wrote:

Couldn't 4k drop lower?
It doesn't make sense where most high rankings are done by 4Ks.

Look, a 4K getting higher then me , using 6k.
i was thinking about that too when i first saw the rankings, but hey if they do x score with x keys and your score with more keys is lower, doesnt it means that you should get better?
riffy

peppy wrote:

peppy wins again
Desco
Thank you, I was wondering about this. I play 7k and even though I don't care a lot about scores and ranks it's still annoying to get beaten out by players who use 4k when 7k is much more work.
VoidnOwO
:P
theowest
whoa, are any of those super insane doubletime ranks legit?
Saten
afaik yes

o!m is the only mode you can DT such maps in the current state.
show more