forum

๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ž/๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š [๐Ÿ / ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nuuskamuikkunen
Kizumonogatari III - Reiketsu-hen 8/10

The final movie of the Kizumonogatari trilogy is by far the best and the one that gives a well-done conclusion to the story the first two movies did. However, one could notice that the three movies weren't a good adaptation compared to the rest of the novels that were adapted, and I think Kizumonogatari would have worked better as a separate season of Monogatari than a series of films.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Nisemonogatari 8/10

An improvement to the monogatari series in almost every aspect: The artstyle got a noticeable upgrade, there is a better plot progression, we notice some character development and finally the overall story starts to make sense. Sure, the two arcs by themselves were quite weak compared to Bakemonogatari but as a whole I liked Nisemonogatari more. Fanservice was also wilder and sometimes more awkward than in Bakemonogatari too.

9/10 dentists recommend this anime.

Patatitta
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Not as good as the first movie, but it's still pretty good, covers a lot of interesting sci-fi topics and that's honestly the reason why you would watch ghost in the shell in the first place so it achieves it's goal
Nuuskamuikkunen
Nekomonogatari: Kuro 8/10

Nekomonogatari Kuro, the last (in novel order) in the 1st season could have been the best arc of the Monogatari Series but it felt. It still does most of the story right though and is well done overall.
Patatitta
Hunter x Hunter: 8/10:

IMO probably the best battle shounen, it's pretty original for the genre, the artstyle has a lot of charm (specially the fan colored version), and while the plot is totally and utterly nonsensical, it is a fun read, however, I do think that it starst falling off after greed island
sadave
The Irregular at Magic High School: Visitor Arc: 4/10

cant believe i watched this dog water show, had some cool fight scenes I guess
Nuuskamuikkunen
Monogatari Series: Second Season 9/10

The "second" season of Monogatari is where I can see it gets great. The story at this point starts making sense and the character development can be now noticed in basically everyone, as well as the story letting us know the characters better and in nuances we never saw in the first entries. The story also experiments with new concepts while not making the plot all feel over the place. Sure, the pacing still suffers from being dragged on, but the story overall takes turns where it gets interesting. Finally we see some character arcs closing, some of them ending up in an excellent way. I am adding Hanamonogatari in this rating although I gave that special an 8/10 but since I am watching it in the novel order and Hana is in the middle of S2, I decided to watch it.

KAIKI BESTO WAIFU
Patatitta
grand blue: 3/10 (dropped at volume 8) (third attempt at reading this btw)

I just cant stand this type of comedy, it's borderline sexual harassment but it's supposed to be cool and epic and based since it's done by the protagonist like, i'm sorry but I don't find sneaking into the bathroom while a girl is showering to steal a picture of her naked that she explicitly said she didn't want to show from her pants funny, also the diving plotline really only exists to make every character naked/half-naked
Nuuskamuikkunen
Tsukimonogatari 7/10

I cannot avoid thinking on Tsukimonogatari as the "boring prologue for the next season". Sure it gets you a couple plot points for the next season but other than that it was possibly the most mid arc of Monogatari since it feels more of an excuse to make a story that involved Yotsugi (the cyan haired doll girl in the poster) which barely told anything about her.

Ah yeah and they turned ecchi to the 200%, I guess to keep the audience engaged (didn't work for me). On the good part though they made changes to the inserts and the animation got a budget boost.

Patatitta
Umineko parts 1-8: ~7/10 (some parts I rated lower)

Umineko is a very classic detective novel where a big group of people are in a mansion and people start dying so they got to solve the mistery.

It just didn't really hit with me, this is something that you have to read with a paper and pen in hand and try to solve the mistery at the same time the protagonist do, because other than that, this doesn't really have that much to offer, I didn't really develop a emotional connection to the characters, the art is good in paper but they don't really have scenes where they can let that art shine, the scenes where they're trying to solve the mistery are shown like shounen fighting scenes which is something I don't really enioy either, same with some fanservice the manga provides

it's just not really for me, I only would really recommend this to people who are really into murder mistery novels
great_elmo
Bocchi the Rock is an absolute 10/10 in every way possible even though I initially didn't get the hype around it.

Top tier 2d and 3d animation, "she just like me fr" moments that I, a slightly socially anxious person feels very relatable and Kessoku Band didn't just cook with every song they played, they delivered some of the best anime songs I've heard yet (given this is only my 2nd anime as I have a LOT TO CATCH UP WITH).
Patatitta

great_elmo wrote:

Bocchi the Rock is an absolute 10/10 in every way possible even though I initially didn't get the hype around it.

Top tier 2d and 3d animation, "she just like me fr" moments that I, a slightly socially anxious person feels very relatable and Kessoku Band didn't just cook with every song they played, they delivered some of the best anime songs I've heard yet (given this is only my 2nd anime as I have a LOT TO CATCH UP WITH).
bocchi is a really good first step, honestly, not my favourite SoL, but I really like what it represents and how it does it, in terms of just pure quality, bocchi is on the upper echelon, i'm really glad it got that popular
Nuuskamuikkunen
The End 6/10

An animated vocaloid opera with an interesting premise where the very concept of Hatsune Miku being considered as someone that is alive and will die someway where she reflects on the concept of life and death from the perspective of an artificial intelligence, or rather, a vocaloid synthetizer. Does Hatsune Miku have a voice on her own? Kind of.

Anyway as for the exection... It had a very experimental approach, especially with the music and the fact Miku is "talking", as well as the animation having some avant-garde aesthetic and art, with quite some abtraction. The reason why I didn't rate this higher is that some of the songs were literally ear screeching to the point of causing me a headache at times.
Patatitta
beck: 7/10

nana but for the GUYS

it's fine, some arcs are pretty good, and some other (like the final arc) were pretty bad, it really has highs and lows, but my real problem with this is that it's probably like 15 volumes longer than it should be, it REALLY drags on, there are only so many times you can pull the "oh they fucked up this once but people recognised they could be great in the future" + little nitpick, but I wish they actually wrote the lyrics of the song they were singing (or even actually integrated the song itself like 20th century boys did) instead of you having to imagine that it was a really good song and really emotional
Nuuskamuikkunen
Owarimonogatari 8/10

Uh... Owarimonogatari... Owari means end, yet it didn't feel like a conclusion but rather as a prologue for the conclusion just like Tsukimonogatari was, in fact it did the same thing as the former one which was introducing characters and plot points, as well as solving some of the mysteries done in previous arcs.

If I had to compare it to the second season it is overall weaker, although the second arc was fantastic.
Patatitta
Bungou stray dogs: 6/10

had to read it because of my challenge of reading the entire manga top 50, which I should actually finish today. This manga only exists to bait fujoshis and to make cute anime boys pop up first whenever you search the name of any important writer. It doesn't have a big overaching plot, it has way too many characters for me to care for anyone, it runs for way too long, it was not very good
Nuuskamuikkunen
School Days 8/10

I expected a lot less from School Days, but I found out one of the most down to earth stories I have ever seen. Some might say Makoto is the worst protagonist ever, but playing devil's advocate here: he was not particularly evil, just an idiot, just like most of the characters on this series. I normally dislike stuff when most characters are idiotic, but they are surprisingly well-written despite their shallowness, and the fact the series DOES show you that (most) of what happens is wrong and is made to make you feel sick rather than pleasured, I think School Days does an excellent job at that.

Anyway, I'd conclude that School Days is a very interesting case of study, since it is way too different to most of what I watched and whatever happens there is worth discussing. I think it is worth a watch if you are in the mindset for a psychological drama rather than a romance series.

As for production value... it's the average 2007 anime in almost all senses.
Patatitta
Princess Tutu: 8/10

wack as fuck but I enjoyed it
Ymir
Caught up with: Pumpkin Night

Objectively the plot is terrible, like really bad with so many inconsistentencies and bullshitteries, but the characters are great and the plot is exaggerated to the point where it actually becomes funny, especially towards the end where it loses all of its grip.

8/10
Nuuskamuikkunen
Koyomimonogatari 7/10

The third season (Tsuki, Owari and Koyomi) of Monogatari so far is overall messier, you can notice that when half of the season relies on side stories trying to make a conclusion... Koyomimonogatari is again mostly like Owarimonogatari S1, which serves as the prologue and connecting point to Owarimonogatari S2. The episodes are shorter and the pacing is also slower, basically turning Monogatari into Slice of Life for this short season.
Patatitta
Do It Yourself!!: 9/10

it's about girls doing DIY stuff, it's true cinema frfr
great_elmo

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

School Days 8/10

I expected a lot less from School Days, but I found out one of the most down to earth stories I have ever seen. Some might say Makoto is the worst protagonist ever, but playing devil's advocate here: he was not particularly evil, just an idiot, just like most of the characters on this series. I normally dislike stuff when most characters are idiotic, but they are surprisingly well-written despite their shallowness, and the fact the series DOES show you that (most) of what happens is wrong and is made to make you feel sick rather than pleasured, I think School Days does an excellent job at that.

Anyway, I'd conclude that School Days is a very interesting case of study, since it is way too different to most of what I watched and whatever happens there is worth discussing. I think it is worth a watch if you are in the mindset for a psychological drama rather than a romance series.

I guess I'm gonna check out School Days now I guess.
Patatitta
watching school days is a gamble, remember that

(Manga) Ojisama to neko: 9/10

manga about a old man who adopts a ugly cat and slowly learns how to enjoy life more and more and undo past mistakes, really cute, surprisingly emotional, really good SoL
Nuuskamuikkunen

great_elmo wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

School Days 8/10

I guess I'm gonna check out School Days now I guess.
It's not for everyone. And I really mean it.
Patatitta
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: 4/10 (dropped after chapter 5)

An adaptation of a light novel written by Iruma Hitoma, the writer of Adachi to Shimamura and the bloom into you spinoff, it's supposed to be a nice comedy with some light romance elements. I really like this author, the two works I mentioned both are personal 10/10s

Whenever I started watching this anime, after like, 6 minutes, I noticed something weird, there was fanservice, which I was very surprised with, because all of Iruma Hitomas romance are veryyyyyy slow burns and doesn't have anything sexually appealing to the reader, having fanservice kinda goes contrary to their philosophy as a writer, so I decided to check the light novel to see if this was due to the adaptation, or it was just in the source material

It was due to the adaptation, the light novel had nothing like that. The studio that makes this is studio shaft, and apparently, the director (which is the same as madoka magica), likes to really put fanservice in their animes (I actually rewatched the madoka movie in vc with some friends and man, I really noticed it this time LMAO), so every other scene you would get shot of the girls feet or ass or panties, which quickly became VERY annoying for me

This was not what I wanted, I wanted to see something with the style and tone of iruma hitoma, and all of those additions and changes studio SHAFT made completely changed that tone, so, I decided to just drop the anime since well, it's not what I expected or wanted to see, and it's not like what they offered was any good

I kinda wanted to read the LN tho, the story concept was fine, it's just that I hated the additions shaft made, but turns out, hitoma hated the adaptation so much that she cancelled the light novel, the manga adaptation, and the proposed season 2 for the anime, so yeah, I wasn't going to start readinga 9 novel saga just for it not to be finished
Nuuskamuikkunen
Owarimonogatari Season 2 8/10

I feel that in theory this could have been a 10/10 ending but the ending was just... good, not great. It was satisfactory enough at least but nothing that made me think WHOA THIS IS THE MOST EPIC CONCLUSION I'VE EVER SEEN.

Well at least the openings are epic.

Next to last of the original series... Just Zoku and I'm done...
Patatitta
[Light Novel]: Adachi to Shimamura: 10/10

started reading this 3 years ago, read the first novel, liked it, shelved it, decided to catch up recently (so reading the other 11 novels LMAO), honestly just a really fucking well written romance, it doesn't fall into any of the pittraps of the genre, the story really feals real and even familiar with the dynamics with every character and stuff, and it really does a good job exploring the expectations of a relationship and things like that, it's just good, still, a pretty slow burn and def won't resonate with everyone mainly beause it's also yuri and explores relationships from that more open and liberal point of view
Nuuskamuikkunen
Zoku Owarimonogatari 9/10

The end, now for real. This although is an epilogue to the series, it felt like the ending Monogatari deserved and I think it would have been better if included with Owari S2 instead of a separate entry especially since it would have fit a 13 episode season as Owari S2 had 7 eps and Zoku had the remaining 6.

Jeez this was a long journey.
Patatitta
Yuru Camp season 3: 10/10

The anime just finished airing, and I loved every single second of it

This season has received some hate due to the change of studio, opting for a different artstyle that has a bit less production quality, however it still looks great

Yuru camp is not the studio producing it or whatever, it's the soul, that's why the live action version still works and is an amazing watch. Yuru camp has to be one of the most sincere animes out there, and has triumphed where a lot of occidental hyperproduction have failed

Yuru camp is honest, it's human, it's relatable, during certain parts of the anime it unironically started evoking memories of my life, I could literally smell the air and enjoy the scent of some of the environments. I cant name any other anime that has allowed me to literally smell it

Every single time a hollywood production or whatever tries to be relatable, it often fails, the most infamous case of relatable content in media would be something like garfield, where the jokes consists on "oh wow monday sucks" and "pizza is tasty"

And that is, because Garfield doesn't have the depth that yuru camp has, it feels soulless in comparison. The characters in yuru camp truly feel human, they act in ways that you yourself would act, and not just in the broad sense, but they capture very specific details and scenarios that people don't often discuss due to them being kinda embarrassing or kinda framing you in a way that you don't want to be perceived socially

I personally have struggled socially for most of my life, and in society there exist certain values or skills that kinda make you seem cool, or at least, kinda uncool if you don't have them. Last year, in class, most of my classmates started studying to get their driver licenses. However, due to certain personal reasons, I was not among them, I don't have a driver's license, and I probably won't have one for a couple more years. Still, driving is a core skill most people should have, so it's not like I actually talked to people about my intentions to not get my drivers licenses just yet, it doesn't put you in a favorable light, and due to me being scared and anxious around people, these are conversations I've never really had with anyone other than my own family

There is a chapter in yuru camp this season where aoi gets a new bike, and she excitedly rides it to a friends house far away, however, once she gets there, her tire gets punctured, and she has no choice but to phone her dad to come pick her up. There are multiple character in yuru camp that drive, yet, she has to call her dad

That single chapter had captured a feeling and a life experience that I had never ever talked with anyone. I truly felt seen and represented and happy in a way that most anime just don't do. Yuru camp celebrates normality and is inclusive about it. It respects you for who you are, it doesn't feel like it puts pressure on you, it genuinely makes you see life in a more positive light. The quiet nights i've spent in my room watching yuru camp season 3 have been some of my happiest moments these last 12 weeks

The way yuru camp truly can capture the human spirit like that is just something to behold, and I unironically think it isn't talked about enough. You often see people self-inserting themselves in shounens with characters like sung jinwoo or whatever, but personally, I just can't resonate with them. My life philosophy doesn't really align with these self-insert characters, I perceive the world differently, I'm too self-conscious about things like that. Whenever I think about me being something like a chosen one or someone with that much power, I just feel unworthy of it, I feel like I don't deserve it, I cant relate to the typical self-insert. Although, I can relate and see myself in someone like rin shima, that is a character I can relate with and say that "she is literally me tho"

I feel like most mainstream anime/movie discussion dismiss animes like yuru camp on it's entirerily, things like slice of life, CGDCT or iyashikei aren't treated with the same respect as more conventional genres like cyberpunk or whatever. It's easy to sing a lot of praise to animes like akira or ghost in the shell, however, when you try to put something like yuru camp or other slice of life anime like non non biyori or whatever in the same pedestal, now it's weird

I have a theory of why this is the case, and that is, our way of talking and criticising media doesn't really apply for these genres. These are often criticized for lacking a plot or being boring, but they don't need to have a deep plot or anything like that because that's not the point, it's not a the goal of a slice of life to tell you the most complex story, slice of life wants to carry certain feelings to the viewers, and in our current age of trying to achieve complete and total objectivity in our reviews of art, it just doesn't compute

It's not like these animes haven't been influential or whatever. When yuru camp season 1 released, it unironically was so much of a bombshell that the japanese tourism industry saw a boom. People started picking up the hobby of going camping JUST because of yuru camp, and I find this fascinating

Let's say, you watch an anime, maybe koisuru asteroid, which is an anime about astronomy and you get interested in that subject. Are you going to admit to people that you picked up astronomy because of a cute girls doing cute things anime? fuck no, in our current society, that's not a good look, yet, enough people were captivated enough by the anime to break that barrier and cause a real life economical phenomenon, a work of art that can pierce trough societal rules and the else is something to be celebrated

so yeah, yuru camp is one of the greatest animes ever created, everyone who says season 3 is bad are pussies, slice of life are underrepresented and we should all stop being afraid of being ourselves and truly start being more open about our flaws or more cute/weak sides
Kaaruumii
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Season 3 6/10 (forgor to rate s1 and s2 season 1 is 9/10 season 2 8/10)

i really like this anime but season 3 was more talking than action which is not a horrible thing but it was a lot to digest but it still had some decent fighting scenes. the things i really liked from the first 2 seasons were the world building + exploration factor which feels a lot like overlord but in a more wholesome-ish way, this time there isnt much to explore but more on the lore side of things but it could have been a bit shorter with better pacing other than the first 6 episodes dragging out the few enjoyable episodes in which case i wouldnt have minded 1 or 2 episodes of lore/filler then 1 episode of action.

overall it was still enjoyable to an extent and would still recommend this series as in my opinion one of the better isekai OP protag animes out there
Patatitta
Machikado Mazoku season 2: 9/10

it's already been a little while since I finished watched it so I've had time to reflect on it (also I read the manga for this a while back I just wanted to see the second season)

machikado mazoku is a SoL comedy about magical girls and stuff, and honestly, it's really good. The cast of characters and the dynamics are very enjoyable, art is good, the jokes land, there isn't anything I would do differently, there is a lot of love put into this anime

Also, I do think this is one of the better (if not my favourite?) piece of magical girl media. Currently, slice of life/iyashikei/CGDCT is the closest spiritually that we have to the old shoujo genre and honestly a really good fit for the magical girl genre. In fact, some of the first and most influential slice of lifes were also shoujo, take for example natsume book of friends

Unlike pure shoujo like sailor moon, slice of lifes are more gender neutral, however the no action and just relaxing/comfy energies plays really well into the love and friendship trope, it really can explore those topics pretty well. Older shoujo are also pretty famous for having some of the earliest LGBTQ representation in anime, and again, slice of life is a pretty inclusive genre for those type of things.

Machikado mazoku really has the core and soul of a regular magical girl anime but it pushes into a brand new direction that pushes it very well and honestly I hope to see more animes try to take this route since it really works
Kaaruumii
THE NEW GATE (anime) 4/10

mid mid mid mid mid

kirito-kun but stuck inside of aincrad after servers shut off, literally solos the last boss of the game and wins because kirito-kun is the god of anime and he also has elf asuna with white hair that secretly loves him. the budget gets worse with each new episode and makes parts that should be emotional kinda stale and comical, mr kirito-kun can basically solo the whole world if he wanted to as one of his trash swords is like a top tier sword with 1 cent of the cheapest currency in the game = to 1 billion or whatever it was. there was some slightly heartfelt moments and reading from the comments it seems like the LN and manga are actually good but the studio fucked up massively and the employees there had issues and quit and quickly hired new ones.
Patatitta
Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?: 6/10*: I just want to say, i've watched both the 2017 anime version, and the original version. I initially got interested by this movie a few years back I saw the LN for it in my local manga store, but never got around to watching it, it was nwo that I was watching a lot of shunji iwai films that I got the motivation needed to actually watch it

Fireworks (the anime), is weird, the premise is fairly simple, however, it kinda gets worse with time, for me it was still kinda enjoyable since I liked the idea of the film, but it wasn't good

Fireworks (the movie), is just pretty good, turns out it's like 45 minutes shorter than the actual anime remake, and it really cuts a lot of the fluff, and retrospectively makes the anime remake worse since you can see all the small changes that shaft (the studio of the anime) made that actively makes the anime worse, it isn't just a mediocre anime, it's a bad adaptation

by adding more things to the anime (and of course, making it hornier), you're not making it better, you're making it worse, the anime feels a lot more convoluted and is worse at giving the message it's trying to make, it has a big production budget but all of that feels wasted

the actual movie is made with like 5โ‚ฌ and a sandwich, and honestly that only makes the movie feel more sincere, the characters actually are children instead of looking like teenagers yet acting like children which makes it feel worse, it's just a better movie
Jangsoodlor
Jellyfish can't swim in the night. 7/10. The first half of the show is really good. But it flops on second half. But at least the ending is OK.
Patatitta
#DRCL Midnight Children: 9/10 (ongoing): underrated as fuck, same author as innocent and the climber, this is their take on dracula, the story is very confusing and hard to follow but GOD the art is good, it's just worth reading because of that, if anything, just read as if it were an artbook, as if you were reading veil, because really, it's good
great_elmo
Holy shit!

She's a terrible person!

But she's just too damn cute! The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a 9/10.
Puppet
I dont know the Japanese title but its castle in the sky in English. I watched it with my best friend that had already watched it multiple times cause its her favorite movie. I think i rate it 8/10
Patatitta
Heaven Official's Blessing (manua, ongoing): 7/10:

I'm glad that this exist but it just not for me, probably the best full color art, and I'm really glad a yaoi work is regarded this highly, but I just don't really like the more action elements of it
I AM VERY SMART
Great Pretender: 9/10

It's very funny and the genius behind it makes it even more enjoyable to watch
Patatitta
The Fragrant Flower Blooms with Dignity: 7/10: this got into the manga top 50, and I have read the entire top 50 and I want it to keep it that way, so I had to read this

cute romance manga, I don't like the premise very much tho, I still think it's good and there really isn't anything that rubs me off the wrong way
I AM VERY SMART
Black Lagoon s1: 9/10

It was very interesting, episode 10 is my favorite
Patatitta
The Greatest Estate Developer: (Ongoing): 6/10: It starts with a interesting premise but doesn't really explores it at all and it just devolves into generic shounen
Kaaruumii
Violet Evergarden 9/10 its not my type of anime but holy fuck its breathtaking for what it is, i can easily see others giving it a 10/10 but i havent watched the movie yet and the ending feels slightly unsatisfactory ill edit once im done, highly recommend others to watch this its great

EDIT: PEAK 10/10 MOVIE EVERYTHING 10/10 HOLY FUCK IM CRYING HELP

Patatitta
forgot about this thread

No home (dropped): 4/10: want to read more manwha, and got excited because this is a highly rated non-action manwha, but I just didn't enjoy it, a lof things are just mentioned and dropped, it's WAYYYYY too long, it doesn't do anything too special, the art is mid, on itself, the manwha is not bad, if it were shorter I would have finished and maybe given it a 6, but i'm not reading 270 chapters of this (read 104)
OhCanada1867-27
A Silent Voice

10/10

Movie is amazing (I'm pretty sure you can find a repost somewhere on yt for it)

Manga is absolutely freakin beautiful and interesting; great way to surive 8 hour car trip from experience
Patatitta
The Earth-san Has Leveled Up! (ongoing): 8/10: read this because it's the only CGDCT + action manga that exists, and honestly, i'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it, it's very cliche and not very deep but it was honestly such a fun read I don't know why, those girls were having FUN

The Boy and the Heron: 9/10: this movie is good, it's less adventure heavy and more slow and relaxing which is the style of ghibli I enjoy the most, I think it's very good
52ww
Gushing Over Magical Girls

9/10
Patatitta

52ww wrote:

9/10
what the fuck is wrong with you

Summer Time Rendering: 9/10: Really good time travel anime, art is peak, the story is really good written, it's just good
52ww

Patatitta wrote:

52ww wrote:

9/10

Summer Time Rendering: 9/10: Really good time travel anime, art is peak, the story is really good written, it's just good
I thought it was a pretty funny anime lol, i would recommend it to anyone who is fine with ecchi

BTOOOM! - 6/10
very mid
Patatitta

52ww wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

52ww wrote:

9/10

I thought it was a pretty funny anime lol, i would recommend it to anyone who is fine with ecchi

BTOOOM! - 6/10
very mid
I have no fucking clue what anime you've seen, because it's neither comedy or ecchi, I think you're confusing something here

Ghost Stories: 9/10: dubs are overhated, they can improve the viewing experience, this is the most extreme example, but yeah, it's important to remember dubs are good when everyone is hating on localizers
Reyalp51
i just finished welcome to the nhk, im terrible with words and i cant express how many feelings i have about this but i will try

every single episode was great, especially episode 19, that touched my heart like you cant imagine as it is something im well to familiar about
i only cry because of fiction when i can relate perfectly with its characters and this was the case, if i saw this a few years ago i would have cried but rn i can hardly drop a tear for anything lmao

so guess who has a new favorite anime of all time

edit that no one asked for: i did cry. 7 days have passed and now i think i do understand this show, nhk has somehow given me an identity crisis, im going to talk about this with people irl so this doesnt eat me alive
Patatitta
nhk is peak I agree

Ore to Akuma no Blues: 9/10: This is a really good manga about the life of real world musician Robert Johnson, who is famous for selling his soul to the devil in order to learn how to play the blues, the art is AMAZING, it feels like it's very inspired by taiyo matsumoto, the story hits, it's just pretty good, underrated IMO, anyways, my shock when I learned that this is the same mangaka as fucking prison school like how the FUCK do you transition from doing that to this like what the actual fuck dude

Mo Dao Zu Shi : 5/10: and now for the opposite scenario, this feels kinda overrated, it's a very long yaoi manhua that handles the yaoi very poorly and the rest of the plot is generic shounen. Thing is, if you're reading this, it's for the yaoi, you're NOT reading this for the action, and the actual yaoi is just pretty mid, they shy away from actually making the two main characters go out, i've heard that the manhua and anime censor a lot of stuff that happens in the novel due to this being a chinese work and all, but idk man

there is a lot of dissonance between those two aspects of the manhua too, you have art of the guys being really cool and edgy and being covered in blood and then the next panels you see them in chibi form because this is still a yaoi manga and they want to make the characters appear somewhat cute, so it's just a extremely big stylistic shift I don't enjoy, + the actual art is pretty mid, I feel tian guan ci fu is just WAY better in terms of art, no point of comparasion
doraemon0627
Eighty six 8/10.
I like the story but a bit cringy at the start
Nuuskamuikkunen
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 9/10

Surprisingly I haven't finished stuff in a while due to several factors but now I am back to my usual posting. Jeez this anime was a refreshing twist to the typical comedy anime, with the insane SHAFT aesthetics that made this a great watch... As usual for SHAFT there was quite some fanservice too but outside that it was a great anime. Dark humor and satire done right.
Patatitta
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo: 9/10: This is an anime adaptation of an 1846 novel, I think it's really cool. First of all, the animation is REALLY unique, I don't really know how to describe what the actual technique behind the animation is, but really, it's cool

The actual story tries to be futuristic, but again, it was written in 1846, so it's interesting to see what the actual predictions of the future were, the things we thought we would develop and what I find more interesting, the things that they thought would't change

Note that some of the descriptions and events of the novel have been recontextualized a little bit, there is a scene in the anime where a modern computer is shown, this is not really exactly what the novel said, it probably said a different sort of device that had the same goal for that scene, but it got replaced by a computer for it to be easier to understand to the public

with our modern knowledge of technology you can probably spot 5 billion plot holes, but the fun of this anime is seeing the predictions of the future and the sick ass anime, and it really accomplishes that

The boxer: 6/10: not very good, I feel it kinda reduces all of their characters to their physical strength, it has this mentality of "the strong must step on the week" and "personality is built on suffering" which kinda misses the point of a lot of the nuances of human interactions and society

This manwha also has some tropes I dislike, like having a superpowerful protagonist that climbed with the top with almost no effort and doesn't even seem to care about boxing, I don't like characters that just seem to have 0 passion in what they're doing

Most of the manwha is focused purely on the boxing but near the end it tries to answer philosophical questions and I just think it does a very poor job at it
Defh1gh0nw33d
I've finished Lucky Star and it's a 10/10 (for me)

the plot twists, initial D parody(there's other parody too if I'm not mistaken!) and the crap ton of references of Haruhi Suzumiya(might not be a cup of tea for some people).

I'm sure KyoAni was having whole lotta fun animating this and, yes, I obviously did enjoy watching it!
Nuuskamuikkunen
[DROP]Tanoshii Muumin Ikka Bouken Nikki 3/10

Congratulations! You have made the most boring, dull, uninteresting, soulless, empty, unnecessary, overexploited, decadent sequel in the story of anime till that time.

When even the creators state that this sequel shouldn't have been made, they mean it. It has nothing that made the first season good, in fact, it has almost nothing, it's like you asked Tanoshii Muumin Ikka on Wish or something, as it looks like Tanoshii Muumin Ikka but the more you look, you feel scammed by realizing this is worse than what you asked for in every aspect.

What made the 1st season great was a lot of factors, first, the slow but noticeable plot progression, it was nice to see the story starting on a cold winter, having the seasons come by, feeling the time slowly passing by, and how the characters grew up during that time, adding to that the charm each of the four seasons had on the plots and how the story used them in their favor. Now look at season 2, all episodes take place in the same season, possibly summer or spring idk, the continuity unlike season 1 is nonexistant, making this a totally episodic series; that isn't bad by itself but it marks the loss of what made Moomin memorable.

The second part that suffered was the sound area; the first season was really lively, the soundtrack was varied and it was used accordingly, as well as having music in most scenes. Now seeing season 2, there is no new soundtrack first of all, and second, a significant part of the episodes have no music at all. This season feels so dead while you watch it, and it makes scenes feel longer than they actually are. Another part where the sound failed is that the narrator is not present at all, she does not give any context at the beginning for the story, nor she gives a nice conclusion at the end, that making this season feel empty.

Animation is the third part where this season suffered. Starting with the problem of characters being off-model more often than not, with characters being heavily disproportioned at times, or having their features badly drawn. The second part is that there are parts with no movement, making an excessive use of camera panning to simulate movement, something that barely happened in season 1. The background art is also way less detailed and in some cases there is no detail at all.

Finally, characterization was affected too, with everyone having a flanderized personality now, as well as adding characters for the clichรฉd plots of Season 2. The main cast here is barely reduced to being recognizable.

Overall, avoid it.
Eyeonized
I dont really watch anime that much but i did watch all of my dressup darling. thought that was 8/10 with alot of fan service.. but it was funny fan service lol
Patatitta
Aisopos: 7/10

It's not bad, I did not dislike it, but it didn't grab me, I think it tried doing some interesting stuff with the setting and all the time skips but in the end, it just didn't do it for me, it felt way too long and a bit generic at times, it's all stuff i've seen done already way better in a lot of other places