forum

Less Experimental Mafia (Town Wins!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
foulcoon
Honestly from what I've read nohitter is a pretty aggressive player. He almost seems too aggressive to be mafia to me so I'll withhold judgment for now. I would like to hear more from Haneii though, as a no-lynch vote on day 1 seems to be the extend of his/her activity. I know that this might sound hypocritical considering Firo's activity, but I promise to try to be much more active.
NoHitter
Everyone:
Who do you find most suspicious at the moment?

Hope to hear more from you foulcoon (as opposed to Firo).
I'm keeping my vote on you still since Firo was suspicious and you just have the same slot.
Rantai
Honestly my opinions haven't changed much from the first day, that said foulcoon is still high on my list.
0_o

NoHItter wrote:

Everyone:
I really don't know tbh. Before I probably would have said Firo due to his oddly brief accusation yesterday, but seeing as he quit due to IRL stuff preventing him from keeping up with the game, that would explain the lack of substance.

My gut's still wary of NoHItter, but I feel like I'm always suspicious of him for some reason so I won't be acting on that for now.
Sleep Powder
(Why do I get the feeling that my last few posts got ignored a little...?)

Due to game inactivity, (or just the lack of posts)

my FoS still stands with Rantai and NoHItter.

@NoHiTter, wait... you said your vote was to add pressure, right? You also
said that foulcoon has the same slot as Firo so you're keeping your vote. (baton passing? lulz wats the terminology?) Rantai (who I also suspect) is keeping foulcoon on his list, which is similar to what NoHItter did.

@foulcoon, you claim NoHItter to be an agressive player. Playing it safe by posting it as information rather than
an opinion, BUT you withheld your "judgement for now" even though you thought that he was "almost too aggressive to be mafia".
This seems like a good cover to hide your actual opinion on NoHItter.

@0_o, I have this feeling that you're acting much more pro-town than some of the other people here. You also voted for
Firo/foulcoon in order to add pressure. foulcoon did give out some information and you didn't ask him any questions yet... You
probably just forgot, but I'm getting townie tells from you. If I consider metagaming, I would realize that I've always considered
you as pro-town. After thinking for a bit, I realized that your play style just seemed to give townie reads. Back to the foulcoon ordeal...
if you didn't forget, you are probably planning something with NoHItter just as I thought. This is just enough information to give...

FoS 0_o I don't feel suspicious of Rantai as much after all of this... unFoSing Rantai

@Haneii, prodding Haneii...
NoHitter

animask wrote:

said that foulcoon has the same slot as Firo so you're keeping your vote. (baton passing? lulz wats the terminology?) Rantai (who I also suspect) is keeping foulcoon on his list, which is similar to what NoHItter did.
Whether a slot is scum or not doesn't change when someone replaces into it.
Firo was scummy, ergo the slot was scummy.
foulcoon may be a new player, but the same slot is still scummy.
Also, where did I say my vote was pressure?
0_o

animask wrote:

(Why do I get the feeling that my last few posts got ignored a little...?)
Because understanding your posts/lines of thought is quite difficult so I think a lot of us have just stopped trying.

animask wrote:

@0_o, I have this feeling that you're acting much more pro-town than some of the other people here. You also voted for Firo/foulcoon in order to add pressure. foulcoon did give out some information and you didn't ask him any questions yet... You
probably just forgot, [. . .] if you didn't forget, you are probably planning something with NoHItter just as I thought.
I wanted Firo to explain his actions (or lack thereof). But while foul now has Firo's role, he doesn't have his mind, so there really isn't any point in interrogating him over what Firo was thinking. foul already gave his own opinion on NoHItter, and Firo's quitting message gave (me at least) a reasonable explanation for his brevity, so I really don't have anything else to ask from him.

Forgot to unvote in my last post, so I'll do that now.
foulcoon
Sorry been rather busy with work and have been out all day.

going to vote: Haneii

speak up.
Haneii

animask wrote:

@Haneii, prodding Haneii...
Sorry about that everyone. I'll be more active now with the weekend finally here ^_^

So DxS got killed last night? odd.

A few of us were cautious/suspicious about DxS. Why would mafia kill off someone that could keep the attention off them :/? (unless they weren't really paying attention to the thread - Which makes me think it could be Firo, but that would only make sense if she was the only mafia since everyone else seemed to be up to date with everything). Maybe I'm just over thinking things.

Although this comment bugs me:

Rantai wrote:

DxS was already under a bit of suspicion which could have prompted a kill that could implicate those that FoS'd him.
Again, probably over thinking things...DxS's death makes more sense if mafia killed him to put the spotlight on those who FoS'd him. More people to keep suspicions off themselves/him/herself (2 or 3 for the prince of 1?).
Haneii

animask wrote:

@foulcoon, you claim NoHItter to be an agressive player. Playing it safe by posting it as information rather than
an opinion, BUT you withheld your "judgement for now" even though you thought that he was "almost too aggressive to be mafia".

[flashback]

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

This situation has been pretty confusing and I don't know what to say.

Except the fact that NoHItter sounds mildly suspicious.
Ph0X explains why Nohitter is suspicious

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I don't need to repeat what Ph0X said.

Vote: NoHItter
[/flashback]

You may have replaced her, but you're still doing the same thing >_<. You comment on someone's behavior, don't explain/or give us any insight on how you came to the conclusion. It might be too early but, like her, it seems like you just post up a prompt of some sort and hope that someone else will continue where you left off...
foulcoon
I'm pretty sure animask and you both misunderstood what I said. I'm not accusing nohitter of being mafia, I actually stated I believed the oppposite. I voted for you haneii because you're under the radar and relatively inactive (much like the rest of this game lately). I'm not going to unvote yet because rather than offer any valid insight on the game you just tried to make me look bad...
Haneii
...I never assumed you were accusing NoHitter of being mafia.

foulcoon wrote:

Honestly from what I've read nohitter is a pretty aggressive player. He almost seems too aggressive to be mafia to me
you think he's aggressive, maybe even too aggressive to be mafia - yup, I think I got you the first time ^_^

What made you think I was misunderstanding things?
Haneii
foulcoon can you (and anyone else who hasn't answered) answer NoHitter's question

NoHItter wrote:

Everyone:
I'd like to hear more thoughts (it's also getting too quiet)
foulcoon

Haneii wrote:

You may have replaced her, but you're still doing the same thing >_<. You comment on someone's behavior, don't explain/or give us any insight on how you came to the conclusion. It might be too early but, like her, it seems like you just post up a prompt of some sort and hope that someone else will continue where you left off...
This is what made me think you're misunderstanding things. If you took the time to read and understand that I was stating that I don't think NoHItter is mafia, you wouldn't say that I'm "doing the same thing" as Firo was. Frankly I don't agree with what Ph0X and Firo were getting at, I honestly believe that Firo was trying to put as little effort into the game as possible.

Yes I commented that NoHItter was an aggressive player. You're asking me to "give insight on how I came to the conclusion" on why I believe he is an aggressive player?

Most suspicious: everyone who isn't talking right now, and Haneii.

Now my question for you, Haneii: are you dumb or stupid?
Haneii

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

This situation has been pretty confusing and I don't know what to say.

Except the fact that NoHItter sounds mildly suspicious.

foulcoon wrote:

Honestly from what I've read nohitter is a pretty aggressive player. He almost seems too aggressive to be mafia

Haneii wrote:

I'm still wondering why you believe I think you're accusing NoHitter of mafia...

foulcoon wrote:

Yes I commented that NoHItter was an aggressive player. You're asking me to "give insight on how I came to the conclusion" on why I believe he is an aggressive player?
YES! I just want you to talk/elaborate more! I was comparing you to Firo not because I think you both are attacking NoHitter but because you both don't say much ^_^, sorry if I wasn't clear.
foulcoon
I don't think I need to add commentary, I'm not Ph0X. Just look at his posts its quite obvious what I mean when I say hes an aggressive player.

P.S. - you didn't answer my question.
Sleep Powder
inb4overpressuringfoulcoon

@foulcoon, I understood that you think NoHItter is not mafia. The way you said it made me feel
like you were trying to protect him without being caught. You don't want to see him as a mafia member?
Is there any evidence to back-up your ideas of him? That would've been a better way to back up your ideas...
Also, my last post (I think it was my last post anyways) was questioning why you said that you NoHItter probably
isn't mafia and at the same time said that you're withholding your judgement on NoHItter.

NoHItter wrote:

animask wrote:

Whether a slot is scum or not doesn't change when someone replaces into it.
Firo was scummy, ergo the slot was scummy.
foulcoon may be a new player, but the same slot is still scummy.
Also, where did I say my vote was pressure?
I was probably just trying to connect you and 0_o together as mafia and ended up thinking of 0_o instead of you.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Deadline is extended until 16 hours after this post.
Rantai
Ugh I feel like a slacker.

foulcoon, resorting to insults now? (viewtopic.php?p=958985#p958985). Sounds like you're starting to get desperate.

Seriously though, it isn't hard to provide reasons as to why you think someone is anything (I mean how would you come to that conclusion anyway) and the fact you're getting really worked up about it and refusing to provide the reasons in your own words shows you've got something to hide.

foulcoon wrote:

This is what made me think you're misunderstanding things. If you took the time to read and understand that I was stating that I don't think NoHItter is mafia, you wouldn't say that I'm "doing the same thing" as Firo was. Frankly I don't agree with what Ph0X and Firo were getting at, I honestly believe that Firo was trying to put as little effort into the game as possible.
You say this, but...

foulcoon wrote:

I don't think I need to add commentary, I'm not Ph0X. Just look at his posts its quite obvious what I mean when I say hes an aggressive player.

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Maybe my reading comprehension sucks, but that looks like you're doing the same thing as Firo, taking Ph0X's arguements etc and saying "what he said".

Quite frankly, I'm not convinced that you're not also looking for an easy jump. Vote: foulcoon

Also Prod: Rolled
0_o
Vote Count
foulcoon (2) - NoHItter, Rantai
Haneii (1) - foulcoon

1.5 hours left, guys. Rereading thread now, let's actually get some votes in before the day ends?
NoHitter
My vote stays on Firo/foulcoon.
I see nothing significant to change my vote over the previous posts.
Sleep Powder
Vote: foulcoon

Reason: Not giving information that's actually useful in proving his innocence.
NoHitter

animask wrote:

Vote: foulcoon

Reason: Not giving information that's actually useful in proving his innocence.
That's a horrible reason to vote someone. That's a Burden of Proof.
0_o
Eh, I got nothing. I still don't know how I feel about lynching foul (I've already stated my reasons for this), but hopefully the results will give us some insight for tomorrow.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Death, most people would feel sad when someone they've been conversing with dies.

However, you are not.

Why, you may ask?

Well, you're celebrating the death of foulcoon. He was a Mafia Politician.

It is now night 2. Send in all night actions by 24 hours from this point.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
NoHItter - Amnesiac Cop - Killed Night 2.

It is now Day 3. With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch. Deadline is in 5 days.
0_o
...well how about that.

So I'm thinking Rantai is likely town, he was on foul's case all day yesterday and it would be a pretty ballsy move to gun for your mafia partner like that.

Here's the amnesiac cop description from the wiki:

MafiaWiki wrote:

An Amnesiac Cop functions as a normal Cop, but does not receive the results of its investigations. Those investigation results are sent to another (unknown) player. The subversion of this unknown player being a Mafioso or a Serial Killer has been done to death.
I think it should be safe to have the receiver of the investigations claim and let us know the results, but keep in mind that the receiver isn't guaranteed to be pro-town.

It'd be nice to hear from Rolled, this game could use a painstakingly detailed post-by-post analysis.
Sleep Powder
My second guess was going to be NoHItter, but since he got NK'd I have to find someone else who is could be mafia...

Also, 0_o, the receiver could have been a mafia member and decided to kill the confirmed aux role, but the reciever
can't prove that those investigations are correct.

First, we could try finding out who didn't vote for foulcoon. 0_o, your first vote was in order to make Firo/foulcoon to to talk, but
you unvoted afterwards.

Now for my first ever attempt at a 'process of elimination' vote.

Haneii - Seems to be a townie, because of how she discussed with foulcoon.
Rantai - Thought of as a townie by 0_o (based on how he targetted foulcoon)
Rolled - No suspicions on him...
0_o - No suspicions on him, but he tries hard to be a helpful pro-townie.

FoS 0_o
and Rolled

I'm guessing there will be only 1 more mafia member (again).
Rolled
It will come soon faceman, I promise.

Also responding to prod.

I've started school back up, and the pace the game was going really didn't make it a top priority. Glad to see it going in the right direction now, and I'm going to contribute hopefully later tonight.

I've also asked LS a question, and I'm trying to wait for a response before I go accusing people of things.
Rantai
Well then.

Rolled, make some kind of response please. >.>

But hmm, who do we have left?

Haneii - I'm convinced she is town. She's the one who aggravated foulcoon to the point of insults and subsequently paved the way to his lynching (imo). (Read: Page 10)

animask - Conflicted, leaning town. I feel he was following the current a bit, being the last to vote based on a very weak reason Noted here compounded with a sudden jump from NoHItter to foulcoon (as he came under pressure). However, This post tells me he was kind of on him before the pressure started mounting.

It may well be just his playstyle, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Rolled - Conflicted, no read. The moment foulcoon came onto the stage he went dead silent. What does that actually imply? I have no idea yet.

Looking back to his posts, he was heavily on Ph0X's case, made a bit of a jab at Firo, jumped onto animask's WIFOM and was clearing Haneii. (Read: Page 7) Nothing here that stands out as scummy or town - overall I cannot distinguish anything from him.

0_o - Half way convinced to scum.

(Read: Page 5) Ok so he had a small generic banter with NoHItter. It started off as questioning his game play then quickly dropped coupled with a sudden topic changer. More or less I feel that he was just looking for something to stay out of the inactive radar. Following that he has basically stayed neutral the entire game. (Not going to fish for his posts)

This is now all theories.

There was this one post that went against Firo. But I suspect this was only used to make his teammate (under the assumption of mafia) speak up to try and dig herself out of her rut (by that point we had quite a few people on her) or possibly distance himself away from her lest she be the next lynch)

She dropped, however and now he had foulcoon who seemed much more active. This lead to an unvote under the guise that 'she was busy'. Convenient? I think so.

Theories end.

Interestingly;

Rantai wrote:

foulcoon wrote:

You say this, but...

foulcoon wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

0_o wrote:

I wanted Firo to explain his actions (or lack thereof). But while foul now has Firo's role, he doesn't have his mind, so there really isn't any point in interrogating him over what Firo was thinking. foul already gave his own opinion on NoHItter, and Firo's quitting message gave (me at least) a reasonable explanation for his brevity, so I really don't have anything else to ask from him.
Was that really his own opinion or was that just an easy scapegoat? I felt it was clear it was the latter, yet 0_o didn't respond to it at all, even partly defending him (through neutrality);

0_o wrote:

Eh, I got nothing. I still don't know how I feel about lynching foul (I've already stated my reasons for this), but hopefully the results will give us some insight for tomorrow.

---

So, maybe I'm over-thinking this but that is all I've got at this stage.

As it stands - 0_o > Rolled > animask > Haneii
Rantai
*Useless doublepost*

Oh wow I think I used 3 different types of post referencing there. Oops XD
0_o
Alright, let's get talkin', folks.

Rantai wrote:

(Read: Page 5) Ok so he had a small generic banter with NoHItter. It started off as questioning his game play then quickly dropped coupled with a sudden topic changer. More or less I feel that he was just looking for something to stay out of the inactive radar.
I dropped it because I was satisfied with his answer - in previous games he has stated that he doesn't take meta into account, so there really wasn't anything more to say.

Following that he has basically stayed neutral the entire game.

If you check out my previous games you'll see that I rarely do have any strong opinions within the first couple days. I usually don't attack anyone without (what I think is) hard evidence, and with so little activity I really didn't get enough information from anyone to make a decent case.

There was this one post that went against Firo. But I suspect this was only used to make his teammate (under the assumption of mafia) speak up to try and dig herself out of her rut (by that point we had quite a few people on her) or possibly distance himself away from her lest she be the next lynch)

She dropped, however and now he had foulcoon who seemed much more active. This lead to an unvote under the guise that 'she was busy'. Convenient? I think so.
Looking at that now, yeah I can see how that would look sketchy. Again though, it really is just my playstyle. Her brevity was the very reason for my suspicion, but when it was revealed that she was busy with IRL stuff that really was enough evidence to dilute my suspicions.

[foul says NoHItter is aggressive without explaination, Rantai calls him out saying it's the same thing Firo did with Ph0X]
Was that really his own opinion or was that just an easy scapegoat? I felt it was clear it was the latter, yet 0_o didn't respond to it at all, even partly defending him (through neutrality)
I was actually going to attack you on that, but I was struggling with the wording of the post because it was late and I was freakishly tired, so I basically went "screw it, I'm not gonna be able to change any opinions in the next hour anyway" and went to bed :P Basically though, I thought it was pretty obvious that NoHItter was an aggressive player (which, actually, is probably why I'm suspicious of him all the time) so I didn't think anything of foul not providing exact quotes. I really didn't think it was a valid attack, though now that I'm 100% coherent I suppose I could see where you're coming from having not played with NoHItter as much.
Rantai
Oh, when did Rolled make a post? My mistake for missing it.

Anyway.

0_o wrote:

I was actually going to attack you on that, but I was struggling with the wording of the post because it was late and I was freakishly tired, so I basically went "screw it, I'm not gonna be able to change any opinions in the next hour anyway" and went to bed :P Basically though, I thought it was pretty obvious that NoHItter was an aggressive player (which, actually, is probably why I'm suspicious of him all the time) so I didn't think anything of foul not providing exact quotes. I really didn't think it was a valid attack, though now that I'm 100% coherent I suppose I could see where you're coming from having not played with NoHItter as much.
This is way too reliant on meta don't you think?

Yes, it was obvious he was an aggressive player. The fact that foulcoon just echoed this was what jarred me (No, really all he said was "NoHItter is aggressive").

Hold on, by what you're saying, the norm for NoHItter is aggression and that it should just be taken as is. So then foulcoon commenting on that is basically like me saying the sky is blue then? If so, then you would have me believe that he was just stating the obvious, which is just as bad as it gives the impression he is adding something when he really is adding nothing. (like someone trying to avoid attention)

I fail to see how that works. If I misunderstood, can you clarify it for me. Maybe I'm just too much of a nub to understand

However, what made me call him out was partly due to him dong what Firo was doing but also the fact that he was contradicting himself by saying he wasn't when he actually was. Losing his cool didn't help either.

But yeah if I am reading this correctly, my attack was unjustified because foulcoon was stating the obvious. I don't buy it.

0_o wrote:

I dropped it because I was satisfied with his answer - in previous games he has stated that he doesn't take meta into account, so there really wasn't anything more to say.
Meta shield again. Alright, rereading it I can see that now.

0_o wrote:

If you check out my previous games you'll see that I rarely do have any strong opinions within the first couple days. I usually don't attack anyone without (what I think is) hard evidence, and with so little activity I really didn't get enough information from anyone to make a decent case.
More. I'm inclined to believe this. But the problem I have with it is that you can use this as an excuse to stay neutral when it benefits you.

0_o wrote:

Looking at that now, yeah I can see how that would look sketchy. Again though, it really is just my playstyle. Her brevity was the very reason for my suspicion, but when it was revealed that she was busy with IRL stuff that really was enough evidence to dilute my suspicions.
And you had no opinions whatsoever on what she actually said then?
Rolled

0_o wrote:

I think it should be safe to have the receiver of the investigations claim and let us know the results, but keep in mind that the receiver isn't guaranteed to be pro-town.
I have not received the results. 0_o, it's safe to say that you did not receive the results?

Animask, Rantai, both of you have posted since 0_o has asked his question and neither have answered. Do both of you deny receiving the results?

Haneii, I'd like a yes or no answer from you too please.

Do you smell that? Smells like a textwall is approaching.

I'm managing my time a bit better for D3. Looking forward to see if the receiver is still in this game.
0_o

Rantai wrote:

Hold on, by what you're saying, the norm for NoHItter is aggression and that it should just be taken as is. So then foulcoon commenting on that is basically like me saying the sky is blue then? If so, then you would have me believe that he was just stating the obvious, which is just as bad as it gives the impression he is adding something when he really is adding nothing. (like someone trying to avoid attention)

I fail to see how that works. If I misunderstood, can you clarify it for me.
The point that he was trying to make wasn't that NoHItter was aggressive; he said himself that that fact was obvious. His claim was that he saw NoHItter as town because of that obvious aggression:
[quote="foulcoon":7a782]Honestly from what I've read nohitter is a pretty aggressive player. He almost seems too aggressive to be mafia to me so I'll withhold judgment for now. I would like to hear more from Haneii though, as a no-lynch vote on day 1 seems to be the extend of his/her activity. I know that this might sound hypocritical considering Firo's activity, but I promise to try to be much more active.
But yeah if I am reading this correctly, my attack was unjustified because foulcoon was stating the obvious. I don't buy it.
I believe your attack was unjustified because it was based on him not bothering to prove the obvious. Make sense?

But the problem I have with it is that you can use this as an excuse to stay neutral when it benefits you.
Perhaps, but there's really not a whole lot I can do about that.

And you had no opinions whatsoever on what she actually said then?
Not exactly sure what you mean here. I simply believed her behavior was legitimately explainable by her IRL business.
0_o

Rolled wrote:

I have not received the results. 0_o, it's safe to say that you did not receive the results?
No results here.
Rolled
Questions for mod, or anybody else that can answer them:
Is the receiver of the amnesia cop's investigations aware of NoHitter's identity?
Is there a different receiver each night?
If the receiver has been killed, would we be aware by their identity in their death-post? (doubtful)
Mafia can receive the amnesia cop's results as well, correct? (I think this is stated at the end of amnesia cop's role ID from mafiawiki, but the wording is retarded)
Rolled
mod(continued)
Would NoHitter at least be aware if the receiver (assuming it's only one person) has died, making their role useless?
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

Rolled wrote:

Questions for mod, or anybody else that can answer them:
Is the receiver of the amnesia cop's investigations aware of NoHitter's identity?
Is there a different receiver each night?
If the receiver has been killed, would we be aware by their identity in their death-post? (doubtful)
Mafia can receive the amnesia cop's results as well, correct? (I think this is stated at the end of amnesia cop's role ID from mafiawiki, but the wording is retarded)
Would NoHitter at least be aware if the receiver (assuming it's only one person) has died, making their role useless?
1. I cannot answer this question.
2. I cannot answer this question.
3. I cannot answer this question.
4. Yes, it is possible that a mafia member would be the reciever of the results.
5. Assuming that there's just one reciever, I would inform them. It is very similar to how I treat enabler roles.
Haneii

Rolled wrote:

Haneii, I'd like a yes or no answer from you too please.
No

My FoS list atm:

0_o = rolled =animask > Rantai

0_o : A bit too neutral imo. I'm pretty tired atm so I'm keeping things short but it's mainly from your past posts just helping others with their plays/suggestions etc... You don't seem driven to find/get rid of mafia. I guess I'm just suspicious of your goal.

rolled
:I know nothing about you. Because I can't read your actions you are a bit threatening...

animask
: I've can't shake the suspicions I had of you since the start of the game. Your logic/actions all over the place @_@. The way you jumped onto foulcoon at the end of day 2 was a bit odd. But your reasoning was "animask" like...really conflicted here :<

Rantai
: I honestly didn't understand why you voted for foulcoon.

Rantai wrote:

foulcoon wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Maybe my reading comprehension sucks, but that looks like you're doing the same thing as Firo, taking Ph0X's arguements etc and saying "what he said".

Quite frankly, I'm not convinced that you're not also looking for an easy jump. Vote: foulcoon
I don't remember him using any of PH0X's arguments so that post confuses me. Anyways, he turned out to be mafia so I'm not complaining. And because of that turn out, you're at the bottom of my FoS list.
show more