forum

Why did you join Osu, what made you hit download and start up the game for the first time?

posted
Total Posts
show more
overclocked
jokingly searched up if there were any games that used a pentablet. to my surprise, there was. downloaded it, booted it up, and now i'm here. forever.😭
win_tosh_404
my friend told me about it and i had a look at some youtubers, thought it was a cool game and now i play rhythm games all the time now.
KeikiEnjoyer
I Joined osu because i thought the game was easy and oh boy am i wrong
RhymesWithMash
I saw a funny gif of a cat playing sound voltex and it made me want to play a VSRG, so I tried mania... and here we are today.
DeletedUser_10883764
Saw maps from this guy on YT
At first I saw someone play some version of Elite Beat Agent (or its Japanese counterpart? or its some other localizations? idk) on the DS. Thought was interesting, didn't know what it was.

Then a few years later I saw a video of Osu! gameplay. Got interested and followed the beatmap link in the description to the Osu! website and downloaded the game.
catzlucky
it seemed like a cool modern music game and it's free!!
honestly the music was the main reason i clicked download
also i saw some osu gameplay (not big black) but it's very vague before i played osu!

i didn't came from a friend or some famous person it's just familiarity

uhhh i came from freedom dive and galaxy collapse
i saw some freedom dive showcase in rythm games and 2 of them were from osu!
the 7k mania caught my eye as it seemed very interesting. and now ehh i can't easily leave this place anymore ;w; the music is too good. the game is very well designed
Lowola
My older sibling was playing is and I just kinda wanted to try. I originally played an android port of it, but then moved to *actual* osu.
bluereflega
was watching old o2jam videos and got recommended a vid of rrtyui's big black ss
Rhythm32
I actually searched "best rhythm games for pc" on bing.com and I found osu! when I looked at this website(when your logged out) the skin made me wanna download the game. and then I downloaded it and played iy. that's all of it
Noreu
I Found osu because i like music alot while i was 9.
and i was like idk. need some favor.
so i checked some good rhythm games like Etterna.
Then i was scrolling on youtube and seen:

"Cookiezi | xi - FREEDOM DiVE [FOUR DIMENSIONS] HDHR FC 99.83% 800pp | Livestream w/ chat reaction!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsYLIg67pYo

Kinda Felt Like: "Whats osu! ?"
And i watched video by second to second until the end.
after watching this, i downloaded osu! to my uncle's PC. (HE PLAYS BATTLEFIELD OR COD AND YES, HE IS A GAMER.)
after downloading i opened a account called "Ozan Nation"

(yes i was dumb and i used my real name i dont have nickname i was 9 bruh.)

Played Some Maps with default skin and found about what is a skin
(my first skin's name was "SKINWITHOUTNAME" i think, and it was poggers)

Thennnnnnnnn-
I Quited the game accidently-

Later i bought my OWN Laptop (Laptop is pain, dont buy it fgs)
and i opened my account called: "FlameRX" then Changed To "Noreu" With Supporter

Now.

Im Playing Mania And Standard and almost having a 100pp play at standard.

Im not feeling bad about playing this game, and this was my best accident i ever made.

Have a great day! | 28 September 2021
NekoTowel

Noreu wrote:

Im Playing Mania And Standard and almost having a 100pp play at standard.
That's real cool, I actually too have a similar experience, where I quit standard and started mania, and main-ing mania. Back in 2019, it was a friend (He didn't play much) who wanted me to play with him. I spent about 2 hours trying to get an SS with FLDTHDHR on a 1 star

And I started mania when I got bored in quarantine...
Noreu

NekoTowel wrote:

Back in 2019, it was a friend (He didn't play much) who wanted me to play with him. I spent about 2 hours trying to get an SS with FLDTHDHR on a 1 star
7 Months ago i was trying to fc 2* star 4:20 minute map
and i was skipped 750 and 1000 combo at it
Still feels good man.
The map is Sad Dream (Normal)
corninho
i just wanted to play something like EBA again but on the pc and ended up downloading this game
GreatPlayer_old_2
I really liked the Osu gameplay videos I watched on Youtube.
IceyPino
i was seven at the time i do not remember
Rebel_Fox
my friend
nphong
just check out and found that osu is free
Pice
Friends peer pressured me in a discord server.
ImRandomIGuess
cokeizi
Manishh
1 friend
Aireunaeus

Alright, Long Necropost

December 6th 2021 2:30PM
I was on my PC, bored (still on quarantine) watching some Youtube Videos. A few minutes later, i've stumbled on that Video
So, i clicked it

After the Video, i clicked the Beatmap Link, so i can watch his Replay. But osu! said: Sign In to access more Features. Annoyingly, i clicked it and it led into a Download Link to osu!. So, i downloaded it and there it is.

December 6th 14:49:42

osu! showed me some Starter Maps and i played the Tutorial. As always, i had shitty acc and immeaditely searched up for Improvement like this Video.

Days Later i Tested positive again for Covid 19 and had to stay for another 10 Days at Home. So i played osu nonstop. I had improved so much until i begged my Mom to buy a Tablet for school reasons but obviously that's a lie. But it Worked! So anyways, I played soo much that i'm on 100k now.

On July i started joining in the Forums and met new Friends.

Man, i just wrote an Biography about myself :lol:
Kaaruumii
i remember back around 2017 i played the tutorial on osu and people saw me play it and started spectating and roasting the shit outta me, i quit because i thought they we all weeb losers with no life anyway, then after 5 years later i realize i am garbage at guitar hero so i started playing mania since 3 and a half months ago and now i am also a weeb loser with no life :D
Taj
I think it was WubWoofWolf playing U.N. Owen Was Her (Ronald McDonald ver.) that intrigued me into this game. It was on my recommendations and I clicked on it.
Everything about the video made me want to play it from the get go. I checked out more of his videos, then I checked out other osu! videos, and that's how I got here.
TGGD
I saw BTMC play it and thought the game looked cool
keremaru
Classmate in my freshman English class introduced me to osu!, and it turned out that there were a bunch of people at my school that played osu!. At least six to seven, including myself. Then I wanted to be the best at everything at my school, and I'm still on that road to this day.
sadave
forced to play osu
haha i rolypoly
I got osu recommended to me on youtube
Reyalp51
i come from geometry dash and i saw SrGuillester playing some insane fast mania map
- Marco -
i found out this game from youtube, it was free and i love musical games
dieguitor13
i've seen some HugoFrost's bruh moments videos,and i found interesting.
[ Sebastian ]
I found it on YouTube, and wanted to play.
- cirno -
I was bored in class I I download circle game
nphuracm
osu!lazer came to my life randomly
Jason X
First off, I never hit download and the first time I played I didn't start the game.

I saw a schoolmate play osu! in the school cafeteria, it looked interesting so I asked if I could try, and indeed it was so interesting that I bought a USB flash for said schoolmate to copy the game onto, since then I played offline until I managed to create my account roughly a year later.
Best 5€ I ever spend on a USB drive :)
Edgar_Figaro
So a bit of a long story but it also explains my username.

So I played final fantasy games alot as a kid and have been a big fan of the franchise. So I had been playing minecraft alot and stumbled across a final fantasy themed server so I joined. On that server everyone picked a final fantasy character to roleplay as so I picked Edgar Figaro.

One day was hanging out with them in teamspeak (ah the old days before discord) and they all wanted to play this free rhythm game called osu. I joined and just to have my username match my character on the server named myself Edgar here as well.

Haven’t seen any of those guys playing osu in years but I am still here.
DM FOR MUTUAL
I played Friday night funkin and then I wanted to play more rhythm games
179bpm
i think i remember a person from a roblox rhythm game community played osu and i wanted to try it
npc_BeaniCraft
i was too stupid to install tjp3 so installed osu! to play taiko
I AM VERY SMART
Used to be an osu!droid player but I got a PC so it's Osu time
_Reset
first fnf then funky friday and now osu
reffty_gag
I saw TwosetViolin play osu so i started playing it !!
MistressRemilia
Someone recommended it to me. Next thing I knew I was making a beatmap.
npc_BeaniCraft
was too stupid to install a taiko sim.
lostsilver
beani showed it to me
Nanofranne
I used to play other rhythm games like Project Diva, Audition Ayodance, sum Arcade games which I have long forgotten. So when i discovered another rhythm games on pc, ofc I'm curious and went ahead into the rabbit hole I go
Kobold84
I watched a 2hu streamer and he played osu sometimes, so I joined to play touhou maps and was not disappointed.
Rhythm32

Rhythm32 wrote:

I actually searched "best rhythm games for pc" on bing.com and I found osu! when I looked at this website(when your logged out) the skin made me wanna download the game. and then I downloaded it and played iy. that's all of it
Sorry for bad English. I posted this about 3 years ago.

----------------------

I searched up "Best Rhythm games for PC" on Bing.com and I found out osu. Booted up the game knowing nothing about it and here I am.
happycat_0708
i played osu because of another game i play. right after ive been seeing osu gameplays on my tiktok fyp, decided to give it a try. my first time playing it was the osu!stream version and now im on the og game, alongside lazer. kinda worth it playing tho
NotKal
People say this will help me overcome my counter strike addiction got a new one instead now i have 2 addictions.
BluePyTheWDeer_
Fun Story: By the time I clicked the download button, I was thinking if doing it or not, so that day, I was playing Geometry Dash on my PC (because yes), and then I start playing the level "Poltergeist", an Insane Demon, and I think: "If I can't get a new record I will download osu!", then I couldn't, so I typed osu.ppy.sh, clicked download and the rest is history.