forum

What weird fear do you have?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Sebastian ]
I'll start: Worms. The way they move disgusts and scares me.
Karmine
People
Duck o-o
Being compressed
Kaaruumii
Nightmares. I hate Nightmares more than anything in this world.
Stomiks

Karmine wrote:

People
Aireunaeus
fear of being imperfect
osuloser129
I'm terrified of balloons.
Topic Starter
[ Sebastian ]

osuloser129 wrote:

Are you afraid of the sound of a balloon popping? Or are you afraid of balloons in general?
osuloser129

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

osuloser129 wrote:

Are you afraid of the sound of a balloon popping? Or are you afraid of balloons in general?
balloons in general, idk why but every time a balloon is near me my legs start shaking.
179bpm
just a few minutes ago i searched up what isekai meant cause i saw a thread on favorite isekai animes and i have come to the conclusion that the concept of isekai is scary
b o o m
automatic-flushing toilets
l0wded
losing a match in tetra league in tetr.io
Patatitta

l0wded wrote:

losing a match in tetra league in tetr.io
I feel you
GamlA
The concept of parasitic organisms.
Topic Starter
[ Sebastian ]

GamlA wrote:

The concept of parasitic organisms.
Me too. They're so disgusting.
Achromalia

Aireunaeus wrote:

fear of being imperfect
this, along the lines of fear of failure as well.

not exactly weird though, or at least, it's not uncommon, but

fear of something just kind of going wrong and causing devastation in your life as a result of a mistake or sequence of mistakes that you make unbeknownst to you or otherwise can't help but struggle to control, that kind of experience is pretty deeply embedded after observing how fragile our livelihoods can be.

it's true that humans are an adaptable species. but the strength of the individual is variable, and not particularly simple to produce universally for each person. circumstances differ, and our ability to cope will differ.

and i fear that i may not be capable of making it work. so, i prepare and research what i can and obsess over accuracy and certainty.
npc_BeaniCraft
"Glowflies. That explains why the Salmonids are restless. If you start glowing...well, good luck."
Nuuskamuikkunen

Achromalia wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

fear of being imperfect
this, along the lines of fear of failure as well.

not exactly weird though, or at least, it's not uncommon, but

fear of something just kind of going wrong and causing devastation in your life as a result of a mistake or sequence of mistakes that you make unbeknownst to you or otherwise can't help but struggle to control, that kind of experience is pretty deeply embedded after observing how fragile our livelihoods can be.

it's true that humans are an adaptable species. but the strength of the individual is variable, and not particularly simple to produce universally for each person. circumstances differ, and our ability to cope will differ.

and i fear that i may not be capable of making it work. so, i prepare and research what i can and obsess over accuracy and certainty.
Perfection is pointless, embrace imperfect and flawed people. Learn to embrace your imperfections.

OT: I am scared of dementia, it's a terrifying illness and it's the last way I'd like to die.
Also, it's unrelated, but high contrast black and white photos make me feel extremely uneasy.
Topic Starter
[ Sebastian ]

eblf2013 wrote:

OT: I am scared of dementia, it's a terrifying illness and it's the last way I'd like to die.
I'm scared of dying in general. Mostly because of where I'll go after death. I believe in Jesus Christ and hope that I'll go to heaven. But a thought I've had in my mind is what if I ended up in hell? I don't want to go through eternal pain.
synthwavesquid

BeaniCraft wrote:

"Glowflies. That explains why the Salmonids are restless. If you start glowing...well, good luck."
completely justified
179bpm

octowave wrote:

BeaniCraft wrote:

completely justified
npc_BeaniCraft

179bpm wrote:

octowave wrote:

BeaniCraft wrote:

completely justified
I GOT HIGH TIDE GLOWFLIES ON SPAWNING GROUNDS ON WAVE 3 IN SOLOQ 💀
I AM VERY SMART

Aireunaeus wrote:

fear of being imperfect

Topic Starter
[ Sebastian ]
I have a very unusual fear of Spider webs. Spiders I can handle decently, but seeing a spider web gives me goosebumps. Thier shape makes me uncomfortable.
179bpm
for some reason im scared of characters that look around 90% human but aren’t
Karmine

179bpm wrote:

for some reason im scared of characters that look around 90% human but aren’t
It's the uncanny valley, we all have it but it shouldn't trigger very often
Reyalp51
I fear skill isues
BlueChinchompa
French people
Karmine

BlueChinchompa wrote: