forum

What is the LEAST toxic videogame fandom you've ever found?

posted
Total Posts
show more
npc_BeaniCraft
i don't know about the other ones
DM FOR MUTUAL
I think there's 3 things that contribute to non-toxic videogame fandoms:

1. The fandom is small.
2. No competitive aspect.
3. The game is wholesome.

The nicest one I've ever been in is probably the Another Eden fandom, which hits points 1 and 2, and although it's not the most wholesome game out there, I would also say it's not not wholesome.
Stomiks

yoony1 wrote:

1. The fandom is small.

The nicest one I've ever been in is probably the Another Eden fandom, which hits points 1 and 2, and although it's not the most wholesome game out there, I would also say it's not not wholesome.
I don't think 3 is needed. I've seen a few NSFW game fandoms but they're all so nice to eachother.
DM FOR MUTUAL

Stomiks wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

1. The fandom is small.

I don't think 3 is needed. I've seen a few NSFW game fandoms but they're all so nice to eachother.
With number 3 I was thinking that less wholesome games tend to have more degenerate fandoms, but now that I think about it, degeneracy doesn't equal toxicity. So I agree.
Kinmiri
project diva community pretty nice tho
bought once project diva ft then got bored, its like the 99% of fandom same
-Koish-
And on this day, none dared mutter the beast's name: League.

Jokes aside I'd say the Splatoon and Binding of Isaac communities are pretty non-toxic.
Karmine

Salty Potato wrote:

And on this day, none dared mutter the beast's name: League.

Jokes aside I'd say the Splatoon and Binding of Isaac communities are pretty non-toxic.
All the Binding of Isaac players I've ever met insulted me for not liking the game, then proceeded to insult every game I ever played.
cephaphysic
most toxic thing i've seen in the splatoon fandom is the whole sticks/motion debate

that's a good thing, by the way. the debate is dumb and sometimes people will just bring it up for no real reason, but it's mundane and borders on being a weird in-joke sometimes

>>

yoony1 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

1. The fandom is small.

With number 3 I was thinking that less wholesome games tend to have more degenerate fandoms, but now that I think about it, degeneracy doesn't equal toxicity. So I agree.
i find wholesome games to actually tend to draw in worse fanbases, since they often attract children and immature adults. the sort of people who'll send outright death threats over pointless things
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
All the toxicity in The Sims fanbase gets vented on killing your sims in horrible ways and telling EA to fuck themselves.

Not the least toxic but it's a relative low toxicity.
Dementedduck
the grand strategy fandoms are all pretty cool
Stomiks

octowave wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

1. The fandom is small.

i find wholesome games to actually tend to draw in worse fanbases, since they often attract children and immature adults. the sort of people who'll send outright death threats over pointless things

Children. Especially the children. They make up most of the toxic parts of a community since they can't grasp the concept that actions have consequences. They won't listen to reason or constructive arguments either since they're just children.
Karmine

eblf2013 wrote:

All the toxicity in The Sims fanbase gets vented on killing your sims in horrible ways and telling EA to fuck themselves.

Not the least toxic but it's a relative low toxicity.
EA deserves all the hate it gets
[ Sebastian ]

Stomiks wrote:

octowave wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

1. The fandom is small.

Children. Especially the children. They make up most of the toxic parts of a community since they can't grasp the concept that actions have consequences. They won't listen to reason or constructive arguments either since they're just children.
They also lack the ability to understand that not everyone has the same opinions as them. Most of Twitter needs to learn that lesson lol
Stomiks

Felixland wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

octowave wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

yoony1 wrote:

1. The fandom is small.

They also lack the ability to understand that not everyone has the same opinions as them. Most of Twitter needs to learn that lesson lol
Biggest reasons I hate children.
Neigdoig

BeaniCraft wrote:

i don't know about the other ones
The Japanese Taiko fandom is quite toxic.
Anaxii
People who say League of Legends are lying
Karmine

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

It's not a lie it's a joke. No one who ever played the game would actually believe that, unless the only other game they played is Call of Duty.
Anaxii

Karmine wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

It's not a lie it's a joke. No one who ever played the game would actually believe that, unless the only other game they played is Call of Duty.
Oh god imagine only playing LoL and CoD and nothing else
cephaphysic

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Karmine wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Oh god imagine only playing LoL and CoD and nothing else
you'd develop the patience of a god dealing with that kind of toxicity

at least, assuming you don't become the toxicity
179bpm

179bpm wrote:

splatoon/omori are the ones that come to my head rn
scratch that omori fandom is mid but the tally hall fandom is pretty civil tbh
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

179bpm wrote:

splatoon/omori are the ones that come to my head rn
scratch that omori fandom is mid