forum

IOSYS feat. 3L - Miracle-Hinacle [STORYBOARD Finished]

posted
Total Posts
show more
kioukiou

Derekku wrote:

160.02 is ~20ms early by the end of the song. That's unacceptable.

Also, the other three ranked Miracle-Hinacle maps are a flat 160. Doesn't that mean anything?
I could only see 2 ranked Miracle-Hinacle maps, don't know why.

How about set a same timing from the ranked ver. :

#1 BPM : 160.00 / offset : 608
#2 BPM : 160.00 / offset : 65,095

Yeah..they had same mp3 , so i think use the same timing is ok?
Derekku
160.02 BPM; 605 offset: http://puu.sh/N8N
160 BPM; 610 offset: http://puu.sh/N8M

I've playtested over and over again with both 160bpm and 160.02bpm. If 160 were wrong, then I would be hitting the notes 15ms or so earlier than I should be. As you can see from the screenshot with 160bpm, that is not the case. The offset just needs a tiny adjustment and that's it.

The second offset in http://osu.ppy.sh/s/20210 shouldn't be there. I tried playtesting and my timing jumped from +/- 0ms to 15ms late. The second offset is 13ms earlier than it should have been, which explains the jump. You can't use this timing for reference; it's wrong.

PS: The third Miracle-Hinacle is vanmonky's GUMI version. :p
Derekku
[Storyboard]
*00:12:980 - The white diamonds come in from the top-right in the real video, but it looks good either way.
*00:31:917 - The streams of energy/light seem to pop up a split-second before the animation should actually start.
*Also, why is that animation 349x280? The image is about 300% larger than it needs to be, so can you cut out that extra transparency on the images?
*00:49:542 - How about starting these diagonal bars at 00:49:730 (when the arrows start) instead?
*01:12:605 - And this time the pink comes from the top-right.
*01:31:730 - Again, it looks like the light pops up before the animation.
*01:36:605 - Animation seems to flicker before it starts.
*01:37:167 - The last frame pauses here and looks strange.
*Md/bg1.jpg - Not sure how I missed this before. SB images can be no larger than 800x600, although 640x480 is preferred for full-screen images like that. Please resize it.
*sb1/bg2.jpg - ^
*sb1/bg3.jpg - ^
*sb1/bg4-1.jpg - ^
*sb1/bg4.jpg - Could be closer to 640x480.
*sb1/biankuang.png - Not sure why you have so much transparency around this..
*sb1/circle.png - Get down to under 600 height, please.
*sb1/flower.png - Too much transparency and the edges look choppy. :(
*sb1/flowers.png - Do you really need this to be 1109 pixels tall? Resize it to at least under 640px width.
*sb1/image52/53.png - Resize to under 600 or 480 height.
*sb1/image394.png - This is much too wide. Max rankable SB dimensions for super wide/tall images are 1200x480 and 640x1500 respectively. Cut off a bit of this and then resize to 480 height.
*sb1/lll.png - Extra transparency at the top?
*sb1/marisaBG (all four of them) - These could be resized to 640x480. Also, aren't BG/BG0 the same?
*sb1/pink.png - 640x480~?
*sb1/sky.png - ^
*sb1/spots.png - ^
*sb1/reimuBG.jpg - jpg? o3o
*r1/b1.png - It looks like you're using b.png instead of this one, so remove it. The lines of shock by her face flash in the real video, so maybe you were going to do that? o.o
*sb/rr - (nazi) her hair is cut off in a few frames, but it's not noticeable in the SB.
*z/mr1.png - Please resize to under 600 or 480 height (you could also resize maaaaaaany more sprites to under 480, but I'm only mentioning a few that are super tall).
*z/mmr - You have both a jpg and png image, but only the jpg(?) one is being used. Delete the .png one, I guess.

*The SB doesn't mimic the video 100%, but I would have never known that they weren't the same if I hadn't checked the video for a few things. You did an EXCELLENT job on this!

[Ex Boy's]
02:14:151 (1) - not snapped right. Start on the red tick and shorten.

[dksslqj's]
00:13:355 (2) - Bring the last slider node down so that the repeat arrow isn't sideways.
00:40:167 (1) - ^
00:42:230 (4) - ^
01:13:355 (2) - ^
01:40:167 (1) - ^
01:42:230 (4) - ^

[loliplus]
*With your current stack leniency, some notes like 00:36:230 (5,6) and 01:00:417 (5,1) aren't stacking. Please turn your stack leniency up at least halfway so that these notes stack properly. It doesn't make any of your other stacks look ugly, so there shouldn't be any reason not to turn it up. http://puu.sh/NTb
01:32:105 (3) - It's really hard to see that this is a slider under the hitbursts from 01:31:355 (3) and 01:31:730 (1). Can you make this less hidden?
Nyan
O.O
Tomoka Rin
star~
slymaster
:)
Derekku
My deepest apologies for taking so long to get back to this.

However, it seems that just about everything has been fixed/resized, and so I don't see any more big issues with the SB. Some files could have been optimized a bit better (640x480 instead of 800x600), but just try and keep that in mind for next time!

Re-bubbled!
eveless
OH FINALLY
banvi
@_@
Alace
yare yare
finally it is ranked
qinche
after so long.....

congratz 萝莉包
Derekku
Sorry again for taking so long. :o Congrats!!
Lybydose
02:05:855 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - lol -SiN-'s map
Cyril Scarlet
Finally

GRATZZZZZZZZZZZ
Verdisphena
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Congratz :DDDD
Snowy Dream
:)
雨点酱乃的图终于rank了
congrats !
AngelHoney
:) :)
OzzyOzrock
beast storyboard
Kitsunemimi
Congratz on ranking!!!! >ω<~~~~
Nakagawa-Kanon
wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowo!!!!!!!!
Waryas
Congratz !

P.S. : Don't expect this kind of SB to be rankable once osz2 is available.
orz.
xierbaliti
Finally ;_;
Fight69
Hell yeah !

Congrats ! :)
Kurai
Awesome Storyboard ° w°
belolian
(;゜Д゜) OMG! Amazing!! Such a great storyboard!
FireballFlame
YES
FINALLY

JesusYamato wrote:

lolwut
Xgor

FireballFlame wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

lolwut
Waryas
pretty sure everyone with a lowtier pc won't be able to play this if they were forced to keep the SB on.
spboxer3
Oh!yes
終於ranked了
Congratulation for loli婆婆>w<
Satoshi_old
Whats with this awesome storyboard. I have never seen something so brilliant!
Keep it up :)
Derekku

JesusYamato wrote:

pretty sure everyone with a lowtier pc won't be able to play this if they were forced to keep the SB on.
A "lowtier pc" is ambiguous. I asked multiple people (who had lag on other maps with intensive storyboards) to test this, and they had little to no problem. This SB could have been optimized a little bit more, but even then it wouldn't have made a noticeable difference. Everyone will have lag when first loading the map, but after that it should play fine. If someone has a really bad PC (i.e. below the recommended specs for playing), then that's not the storyboard's fault. I might not be absolutely correct, but this is usually the case.
Xeno_old
Running an Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz / 16GB Ram, 2x 1.5 Terabyte Drives. GeForce GTX580. Oh and my OS is running on a 120GB SD drive.

Pretty much a top tier PC, and I experience noticeable lag at key points if I run unlimited FPS, if I force it to 125fps, no lag. Otherwise its smooth as a whistle.
PandaCath
Where in the world did you get the sprites?
Louis Cyphre
Impossiblexu's
Impossiblexu's what? O_o
Derekku

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Impossiblexu's
Impossiblexu's what? O_o
Difficulty. xp I guess it would've made more sense to add "Easy" in there, though.
Louis Cyphre
kalanny
so moe song and so moe SB.
Mr Gaddy
Impossible to play this on netbook.
tnsrhek
so good SB :)
Nathanael
I was confused when the SB showed up. I thought it was a video.. >.<
This is a great map!
show more