forum

nameless - Milk Crown on Sonnetica

posted
Total Posts
show more
_handholding
nice catch with your first point kroytz, I actually went on to double check for any inconsistencies for snapping, NCing of patterns etc and everything seems good. I test the HP drain on the slow parts too and they feel nicely balanced.

03:32:896 (1) - I actually thought this was better as a circle but a kickslider works too I guess :v

You want to add anything else to the tags such as "utaite" or "vocaloid" etc?
Topic Starter
Milan-
utaite is already on the tags tho and i've never understood why people add vocaloid in a no vocaloid song xd
_handholding

Milan- wrote:

i've never understood why people add vocaloid in a no vocaloid song xd
idk I just saw it in another map :v

everything on my end is good. Any last minute changes or are you good to go?
Topic Starter
Milan-
nothing i can think of
good to go w
_handholding
ok, I've looked at the set/mods extensively and can't find any objective reason which makes the map lack quality. HP drain, pattern consistency etc is all there, I believe there is an audience for this kind of map out there

wow not even 9 stars bad map
Monstrata
Milked

00:15:540 - Is there a reason this note isn't clickable? I imagine just adding another stack under 2 would work.
00:29:074 (1,2,3,1,2) - This rhythm sounds kinda off to me. 00:29:309 (3) - Sounds better as two circles while 00:29:074 (1,2) - cuz of the guitar, sounds better as a slider. 00:29:545 (1,2) - same.
02:42:998 (3,4) - Slider instead? since the previous one was a slider. Kinda out of place to switch to circle jumps
02:51:236 (3,4,5) - Ctr;+G rhythm for vocals/ D:

apple's Expert

00:28:368 (1,2) - How about making this a slider? 4 clicks in a row here just seems kinda forced imo
01:07:910 (1) - Can you make this a better curve cuz you have a double blanket pattern? eh, tbh this kinda applies to other places too /shrug imo your aesthetic is still clean enough that these sliders end up standing out in a not so good way xP

deetz' Insaner

00:28:368 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Should really be 3 sets of triplets and then a 5-plet xP. Also the notes on 00:29:898 (6,7,8) - end up not feeling any different from the rest due to the stream pattern.
00:57:906 (6,7,8) - Is this supposed to be curved? just answer yes or no.
01:17:089 (2,1) - This just feels like way too much of a spike xP. Doesn't help that 1 is a flowbreak. (Also bottom right to top left is the worst of the four corner jump movements if you're righthanded.)

Insane

00:30:368 (1) - The loop at the end kinda detracts from the slider's effect imo. :x

[]

rest looks fine, and modding assistant says this map is fine so it must be fine.
Mint

Monstrata wrote:

apple's Expert

00:28:368 (1,2) - How about making this a slider? 4 clicks in a row here just seems kinda forced imo // hm but mapping such distinct piano sounds with sliders would make it seem like any other part of the map... i think those 4 circle should be totally fine bc i switch from 3 and 2 note rhythms in the calmer alternate sections as well
01:07:910 (1) - Can you make this a better curve cuz you have a double blanket pattern? eh, tbh this kinda applies to other places too /shrug imo your aesthetic is still clean enough that these sliders end up standing out in a not so good way xP // i tried but i dont really do perfect blankets ):
thanks! https://pastebin.com/6RwRDH81
ac8129464363

Monstrata wrote:

deetz' Insaner

00:28:368 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Should really be 3 sets of triplets and then a 5-plet xP. Also the notes on 00:29:898 (6,7,8) - end up not feeling any different from the rest due to the stream pattern. can't really agree on this one. i think it's fair to omit what i did, and plus this fits the new guitar thingy better
00:57:906 (6,7,8) - Is this supposed to be curved? just answer yes or no. woops, spacing was also fucked here lol
01:17:089 (2,1) - This just feels like way too much of a spike xP. Doesn't help that 1 is a flowbreak. (Also bottom right to top left is the worst of the four corner jump movements if you're righthanded.) flowbreak is the point but i reduced the spacing as multiple ppl mentioned it lol
also changed 02:22:286 (3) - fyi

http://puu.sh/yiPtR/c3d219494f.rar
Topic Starter
Milan-

Monstrata wrote:

Milked

00:15:540 - Is there a reason this note isn't clickable? I imagine just adding another stack under 2 would work. wanted to make the gap in the drums more clear, fits well as a 'section breaker' imo w
00:29:074 (1,2,3,1,2) - This rhythm sounds kinda off to me. 00:29:309 (3) - Sounds better as two circles while 00:29:074 (1,2) - cuz of the guitar, sounds better as a slider. 00:29:545 (1,2) - same. i think we're listening to different layers xd, im just mapping to the electronic/flaute? sounds
02:42:998 (3,4) - Slider instead? since the previous one was a slider. Kinda out of place to switch to circle jumpsok
02:51:236 (3,4,5) - Ctr;+G rhythm for vocals/ D: kok

Insane

00:30:368 (1) - The loop at the end kinda detracts from the slider's effect imo. :x ok

[]

rest looks fine, and modding assistant says this map is fine so it must be fine. :!:
Thank you!
Monstrata
Milked
dqs01733
yeah!
_handholding
Yehaj
Len
really thanks i wanted to see that this song get a ranked even it isnt my mapset

hope it gets ranked without disqualified! gl w
Topic Starter
Milan-
o Thank you all! w
Voli
why does every jump pattern feel so massively overdone compared to the rest of the patterns in the last diff?

patterns on strong parts like 02:05:574 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - are barely given any spacing emphasis at all and then you get these massive jump bursts 02:08:164 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - that feel super jarring on this bpm, especially if the patterns consist of notes only
Kroytz
It's a pretty consistent theme and I think it works nicely for the kind of difficulty Milan- is trying to present.

Also gratz Milan-! I like this song and hope this passes through qual w
Ascendance
really love this map, one thing on the top diff really irks me though

01:04:144 (1,1,1,1,1,1) -

01:04:144 - should definitely be the extended sound, since nothing at all is on the sound where 01:04:261 (1) - starts and you also skip over a super important sound at 01:04:379 - . It felt really awkward to play and I hope you agree!
Irreversible

Kroytz wrote:

It's a pretty consistent theme and I think it works nicely for the kind of difficulty Milan- is trying to present.

Also gratz Milan-! I like this song and hope this passes through qual w
but how is that an argument .. those spikes make no sense, is he trying to represent an easy diff with spikes every now and then? ..lol

Topic Starter
Milan-
Kroytz explains pretty well what MariahCarey asked so ye

@Ascendance, it's just mapped to the toms, like everytime where i do the same. That sound you mention isn't really important since it's just vocals l
Thank you for looking at it tho, glad you liked it!
VINXIS
01:17:089 (5) - hery this is offscreen on hr idk if u care about hr for the map tho since it is prety hard
_handholding

Mishima Yurara wrote:

01:17:089 (5) - hery this is offscreen on hr idk if u care about hr for the map tho since it is prety hard
It's actually not off screen, just covered up by the hp bar a bit https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9555375