forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani
I did it exactly because I know it was. You don't just diss a beautiful cat name - not when there are names like "Cymric", "Selkirk Rex" and "Turkish Van" to name a few.

The most beautiful breed name imo is Nebelung.
Foxtrot
aurani, are you autistic about cats
Railey2
quiet or he's gonna show you his turkish van
Faust
See, that's not how it works.
B1rd

Creating an ideal Libertarian society is really fun.
Aurani

Foxtrot wrote:

aurani, are you autistic about cats
Please explain to me what that even means, as I'm not entirely able to understand what the fuck "being autistic about cats" should be.
Taj
Solidarity doesn't give me fucks.
Why the hell did the meteor shower rain,
it should've gave me Geminids.
what the fuck is a natural lifestyle,
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

Creating an ideal Libertarian society is really fun.
lol

Foxtrot wrote:

maine coon is a pretty hilarious name
this triggered my cat loving friend HARD
Taj
"hilarious"
Did you mean
1. extremely amusing
2. merry

- Generesis
Railey2
go get em maho
B1rd

Welp, I don't think you can get much more conclusive evidence than that of the effect of mass third-world immigration on western countries.
Aurani
Nice one Bird, you began the summoning of Maho, so naturally we must speed it up a bit.
Aomi
i chuckled.
Mahogany
Razzy
EDIT: I really need to learn how to shut the fuck up sometimes
FuZ

Aurani wrote:

Nice one Bird, you began the summoning of Maho, so naturally we must speed it up a bit.
nice
Aomi

Raspberriel wrote:

scratch that, NATO should've bombed both of them into oblivion
take a deep breath and relax ok ??
i know you dont really mean those things and you'll probably feel the need to apologize later so let me just say it's ok to let your anger out, but you do it in a very rough way so please take it easy on yourself
Lacrimae

this is now a nice thread. only nice posts are allowed on here. i hope you all have a great day today! <3
Aurani

Aomi wrote:

Raspberriel wrote:

i know you dont really mean those things and you'll probably feel the need to apologize later so let me just say it's ok to let your anger out, but you do it in a very rough way so please take it easy on yourself
You're far too forgiving.
When someone goes full mongrel, they tend to not learn from it and stay mongrels forever.
Razzy
how the hell do channers find joy in putting others down anyway
it just drains every good feeling out of me

I just need more goddamn self-control not to look at stuff I know is gonna make me mad -- especially YouTube comment sections, fuck everyone in them
that's actually what set me off this time

*sigh*
Lacrimae

Raspberriel wrote:

how the hell do channers find joy in putting others down anyway
it just drains every good feeling out of me
i know fam. they're a bunch of sadistic losers anyway myself included
Milkshake

Raspberriel wrote:

EDIT: I really need to learn how to shut the fuck up sometimes
nevermind that, that devil set pana you have is a total bliss
Foxtrot

Aomi wrote:

Raspberriel wrote:

you're too mature for your age, shit
DaddyCoolVipper
RT is a source of Russian propaganda. Don't forget that.

oh wait, I forgot that B1rd has no principles as long as he agrees with the content that a source is publishing. Russian govt-funded news service that frequently publishes biased reporting for the sake of Russian political agenda? Nah, he doesn't hate big government spreading lies anymore. How could they be WRONG if he AGREES with what they're saying?

sad!
Aurani
Usually I'd ask where your proof is regarding the claim, but it's already been established that RT is 125% Russian propaganda.
Comfy Slippers

Did it before it was cool.

the beard trend/thing
Zain Sugieres
If you get mad over some comment on the Internet you should go see a psychiatrist
DaddyCoolVipper

Klocuch12 wrote:

If you get mad over some comment on the Internet you should go see a psychiatrist

I mean, it's not just "some comment on the Internet", is it. I used to enjoy debating B1rd quite a lot, and seeing his opinions on things would be interesting. Sadly, his personality seems to have gone away completely, replaced by being a rightwing propaganda mouthpiece- either for libertarianism in general, but sometimes worse.

I just don't like seeing someone who seems to have enjoyed framing themselves of being critical- now swallowing whatever emotionally-charged crap that "their side" is giving them and regurgitating it in a misguided attempt at doing a good thing (people generally spread their ideology because they see it as an improvement, after all). He's chosen to reject logic, balanced criticism, etc in favour of just repeating propaganda. There's no personality there anymore, nothing worth conversing with. And that is why I say it is sad.
Lacrimae

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

He's chosen to reject logic, balanced criticism, etc in favour of just repeating propaganda. There's no personality there anymore, nothing worth conversing with. And that is why I say it is sad.
he has become a /pol/tard
holy shit i feel sorry for him
Zain Sugieres

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Klocuch12 wrote:

I mean, it's not just "some comment on the Internet", is it. I used to enjoy debating B1rd quite a lot, and seeing his opinions on things would be interesting. Sadly, his personality seems to have gone away completely, replaced by being a rightwing propaganda mouthpiece- either for libertarianism in general, but sometimes worse.

I just don't like seeing someone who seems to have enjoyed framing themselves of being critical- now swallowing whatever emotionally-charged crap that "their side" is giving them and regurgitating it in a misguided attempt at doing a good thing (people generally spread their ideology because they see it as an improvement, after all). He's chosen to reject logic, balanced criticism, etc in favour of just repeating propaganda. There's no personality there anymore, nothing worth conversing with. And that is why I say it is sad.

Raspberriel wrote:

I know is gonna make me mad -- especially YouTube comment sections, fuck everyone in them
that's actually what set me off this time

*sigh*
DaddyCoolVipper
oh god
Aurani

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

In defence of his video, the thing in it is a fact. "No-go zones" are quite real in Sweden and the number keeps rising every year.
I don't know if there are 23 of them, but I KNOW there are at least 7.

As for your post:
Trust me, if we went by the order of people who are "emotionally charged", this place would have a couple of people who I can reliably claim are somewhat neutral.

What do we do with the other 90 percent? Try to show and teach them how to not be idiots? I've been doing that for 3 years now and all I seem to be achieving is damaging my own reputation by even attempting to correct them.
The best course of action seems to be to simply laugh at their idiocy and enjoy life instead of worrying about it too much.

When it comes to Bird, however, I can't agree with you. I'm not at all on his side, as he has some seriously insane ideas, but he's VERY much friendly and listens to whatever I have to say, even going as far as recognising his mistakes if they're shown to him.
That's far more than can be said about some other window lickers here.
DaddyCoolVipper
I really can't say I've had the same experience. He seems to use the standard impossible-to-converse-with tactics of only listening to other viewpoints for the sole purpose of collecting more ammunition for future arguments. Maybe you're simply seeing him agree with you and re-wording his arguments to be a bit more clear rather than actually admitting faults and changing perspectives, although maybe it just happens so rarely that I haven't seen it. We don't talk too much, after all.

I would be very careful mistaking eloquence with a lack of emotional arguments, though. You can say "fuck this shithead!" or you can write a paragraph of how you respectfully disagree with their opinion- sure, one is a lot preferable to the other for the sake of polite discourse, but both of those people are capable of being just as emotionally-based when they make their statements. It's simply a lot harder to notice when they're written more politely, I guess you could say.

also, as an add-on: There is no such thing as "no go zones" in Sweden. There are some shit, low-income areas that need some more police attention and such, though.
My question to you, and to all who believe that propaganda line, is this- what country is without terrible, low income, high crime rate areas? I'm sure every city in the world has some places like that, never mind entire countries. The fact that Sweden is specifically attacked is INCREDIBLY vitriolic and it sickens me to see that kind of thing cited as evidence of anything. There's a case to be made for refugees' failure to integrate, but the arguments are almost never made in a fair manner, instead trying to use Sweden as some big example of how refugees ruin everything and/or how Swedish welfare is "delusional" or whatever other stupidity they're trying to push.
Taj
You left your freaking bluetooth speakers and we can hear it.
We need to talk.
Aurani
I get that you're trying to call me naive for saying that Bird is not as big of a monster as people portray him to be, but trust me, he's not. What I said can be backed up by going back some pages on this thread and reading our discussions.

As for "no-go zones" being merely low income areas, I have some Swedish friends who'd say otherwise (3 of them having even lived there, and they sure as fuck aren't "low income" people).
Milkshake

Aurani wrote:

I get that you're trying to call me naive for saying that Bird is not as big of a monster as people portray him to be, but trust me, he's not. What I said can be backed up by going back some pages on this thread and reading our discussions.
deep inside he's a cute weeb and I know it. weebs aren't dangerous
DaddyCoolVipper
Eh, I'm sorry if it came off as B1rd being a "monster". I just feel like he used to be more open to discussions and such, and in recent times (last few months?) I feel like I've been seeing a terrible change towards not actually having any kind of meaningful conversation at all, and simply endless repeating of whatever propaganda fits his worldview. That's a particularly bad thing to see considering he used to be one of my favourite people to talk to and get his input from.

I guess you just don't feel the same way at all. As for why, I'm not sure- my comments towards you just now were basically suggesting that maybe he seems better at talking as long as you have similar, rather than radically different, viewpoints. As well as eloquence masking emotionally-charged content, as I said.

I too have Swedish friends that would 100% back me up on this statement, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Can't say through all my time being in Stockholm and knowing people from there that I've either seen or heard anything remotely like the over-exaggerated media claims. It's always tabloids and hate-driven media that pushes that agenda, nothing with value, and yet they still have their effect on people's opinions. B1rd cited a bunch of those trash sources a while back when we had an argument on the subject.
Aurani
I even said that I'm not backing what RT said without any proof. I have no idea if what they claim is right, and I'm sure it's at least somewhat exaggerated, but I simply can't agree that these zones are low income areas where normal Swedes commit crimes and only began doing so after immigrants first arrived in early '90s.
There has to be SOME truth in all of these claims. Denying it and stating how it's all a right-wing lie would pretty much brand you as Mahogany 2.0...
DaddyCoolVipper

Aurani wrote:

I even said that I'm not backing what RT said without any proof. I have no idea if what they claim is right, and I'm sure it's at least somewhat exaggerated, but I simply can't agree that these zones are low income areas where normal Swedes commit crimes and only began doing so after immigrants first arrived in early '90s.
There has to be SOME truth in all of these claims. Denying it and stating how it's all a right-wing lie would pretty much brand you as Mahogany 2.0...

...What? I agree that failure to integrate refugees is an issue. My point is simply that there are many areas that are just as awful as these ones, be they with or without refugees, and yet only Sweden is getting the "no go zones" news reports from rightwing sources.

A huge part of propaganda is not simply to lie, but to exaggerate the truth. People are a lot more likely to buy it all if there's some truth to it, i.e. refugees failing to integrate with local culture, causing tensions and higher crimerates (in the short term, until they can properly adapt to the country around them, which they historically do). You can take the statistics of higher crime rates in these areas and spin them into an elaborate tale of the failure of a country to match its laws with "the real world", that real world generally being that immigrants are bad and ruining the country, as well as the welfare system being a naive and obsolete system that isn't compatible with the immigration.

But that's a spin. It no longer states facts, but an interpretation of them- and because it has a factual basis, suddenly it seems a lot more credible. This is the "SOME truth" that you're pointing out as evidence that they're correct in their ridiculous exaggerations/interpretations- the factual basis is what convinces people who would otherwise write it off as propaganda garbage. I hope that not many people would buy into a BLATANT lie that has no basis in reality, after all..
show more