forum

the grand edict: rules of Off-Topic (read before posting)

posted
Total Posts
show more
DaddyCoolVipper
Probably because I know the rules aren't enforced to their full extent.
B1rd
How absurd. You want rules to stop people whom you don't like from posting, even if the rules will stop you from posting, but you just assume that they won't affect you for some reason.
DJ Enetro

B1rd wrote:

You want rules to stop people whom you don't like from posting,
Can you provide solid evidence of this?
DaddyCoolVipper
I'm completely fine with people only posting one thread per day regardless of who they are. I'm also fine with absolutely no politically-based threads being created anymore.

All of my political discussion is kept to ITT, where moderation is obviously going to occur more loosely, regardless of who you are.

What was the point of those assertions there, B1rd?
B1rd
I really don't care what rights you would give away, some men just like to lick the boot of authority. What I'm more concerned about it the posting rights of myself and everyone else.
DaddyCoolVipper
Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic over a forum having basic rules lol
DJ Enetro
Well B1rd you have unlimited thread posting but 1-a-day thread creating.

Maybe you want to make exceptions and modify for people who legit post quality? That's just my thoughts
Foxtrot
No exceptions. It would be unfair to the rest of the users.
Zain Sugieres
If people are too autistic and fail to simply use common sense as the rules, specific rules to counter their retarded behaviors need to be set.
DJ Enetro
One a day... reminds me of those medicinal pills lmao

Remember now, OT is an experiment, the edicts and what users do are the liquids and instructions to mix

Zain Sugieres wrote:

If people are too autistic and fail to simply use common sense as the rules, specific rules to counter their retarded behaviors need to be set.
This is why I made this.
abraker
@Ephemeral: Requesting to have thread posting slots similar to beatmapping. More good threads = less waiting time. What do you say?
DaddyCoolVipper

abraker wrote:

@Ephemeral: Requesting to have thread posting slots similar to beatmapping. More good threads = less waiting time. What do you say?
wtf are you talking about
DJ Enetro
Abraker, you gotta counter Hyerim

Hyerim wrote:

It would be unfair to the rest of the users.
Fhaye
I do not remember stating that?
Ashton

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

abraker wrote:

wtf are you talking about
In beatmapping you can have 4 maps uploaded at a time, if your a supporter you can have 5, and for each ranked map you aquire the number rises. (I think it stops like 8).

I guess he means he wants to have "slots" for how many threads we can upload.
DaddyCoolVipper
That idea makes no sense
Foxtrot
Why do you guys feel the constant need to make a thread holy shit. One a day seems reasonable enough
abraker

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

That idea makes no sense
shhh
If I speak its dialect then the bird might understand me. At least we won't be stuck with the 24h timer permanently then.
_handholding

B1rd wrote:

I really don't care what rights you would give away, some men just like to lick the boot of authority. What I'm more concerned about it the posting rights of myself and everyone else.
Loooool xd

Why do you care so much? The new rules were put in place as an attempt to clean up OT and make it better for the majority of users
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

B1rd wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

you've always been at the whim of my decisions as to what is silly and serious, nothing is new in that regard
I know, mods like you have always come into OT randomly and caused problems at arbitrary whims. Do you actually think you're helping anything, or are you just doing it for the fun of it?
the latter

this is not a place to be taken seriously and never has, that's pretty much its charm

i'm not tracking slots or whatever, even exiled is a little much as far as effort goes to keep this place open. it's either that or we legitimately close it and just leave FG/surveys open instead, so you can either deal with this or maybe make your own forums to shitpost on or something? like, that is something you can do if you want. nobody is forcing you to post here.
Cyclohexane
he would have loved the era where i would just lock the first page of threads because i was bored
levesterz

Canadian Baka wrote:

In beatmapping you can have 4 maps uploaded at a time, if your a supporter you can have 5, and for each ranked map you aquire the number rises. (I think it stops like 8).

I guess he means he wants to have "slots" for how many threads we can upload.
Strange i can upload 8 beatmap a time even without any rank map
Stefan
Yeah, this has been changed around a year ago, it works in both ways - having supporter gives you temporary some slots while you can increase it up to 10 (with ranked maps). Ranked maps permantely increases your available slots, up to 10.
Buster
thanks mr. Ephemeral

Edit: 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Meah
I'm fine with this.
Mahogany
On second thoughts if it's making b1rd this mad I wholeheartedly support this new regime
Luqanted
i like this new rules of Off-Topic, but the problem here is that Off-Topic is dying or more like getting peaceful. and what's more is that it's making many people leave Off-Topic as well. (including me, but it's not because of the new rules or osu! related kekekkeke) i recommend Eph not changing this rules and making this shit permanent.

well since i'm about to leave osu! (i'm active at discord), i'll just leave my last message in this holy thread..

peace out.
Endaris

Canadian Baka wrote:

These numbers are wrong in its entirety.
Ashton

Endaris wrote:

Canadian Baka wrote:

Well apparently it got changed a year ago, but these numbers were correct at one point in time.
Endaris

Canadian Baka wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Canadian Baka wrote:

Well apparently it got changed a year ago, but these numbers were correct at one point in time.

no
Ashton
Uhh?? They weren't?? I'm pretty positive it was like that. I know for sure non supporters with no ranked maps can only upload 4, I thought if you were supporter you could do 5 and each ranked map you get it adds a number. Apparently they updated it as stefan said

Stefan wrote:

Yeah, this has been changed around a year ago, it works in both ways - having supporter gives you temporary some slots while you can increase it up to 10 (with ranked maps). Ranked maps permantely increases your available slots, up to 10.
_handholding
@Endaris Canadian baka is actually right
Zekks
his will be slightly biased because I'm exiled (:) But instead of writing a whole paragraph, I'll just do it modding style! :D Yay!

Ephemeral wrote:

they're really simple. follow these and you'll have a good time (hopefully): No

1. you may only post ONE thread per 24 hours. we don't care enough about this to track it to the hour but basically if you post multiple threads in a day, they'll be classed as shit threads and promptly disposed of. I feel like this keeps OT dry and lack of memes :( I know that we have discord, but at least raise the limit to 3 threads per day to stop spam
  2. you can comment freely in any thread without limit. comment away. contribute, make stupid memes, do whatever, just do it in threads as comments, not comments as threads. SeemsGood
  3. games that involve forums (mafia, last person 2 post, mods vs admins, whatever) go to forum games. they count as your daily thread if you fuck up and post them in OT proper. Also seems good
  4. if your thread involves an open-ended question and the discussion thereof (what's your favorite anime waifu etc), it belongs in surveys. see above. Seems good too
  5. try to post entertaining and amusing content. OT is pretty much meant for silly discussions, so being a little silly is fine, but if your "silly" becomes indistinguishable from you actually being absolutely fucking stupid, you risk being exiled. This actually seems decent, but the only problem I have with this rule is the entertaining and amusing content part. Yes, it should still at least have interest, but not limiting it to "whatever Ephemeral finds interesting or funny, or else this will get locked."
  6. serious discussion topics go to general discussions. topics about religion, politics, abortion, etc et al all go to GD for semi-serious discussion. alternatively, don't have these discussions at all. SeemsGood
  7. birthday threads must have no less than 3 anime dancing gifs in the OP. you can get exiled for repeatedly ignoring this. it's important. don't ask why it's important, it just is. Stupid, birthday threads are birthday threads
  8. if you repeatedly break the rules of the grand edict, you risk being exiled.
k

what does being exiled mean exactly?

exiled users will have their threads locked and wastelanded immediately as soon as a moderator notices. they're still free to talk in other people's threads, but even that privilege will be revoked if they continue being shit.

if an exiled user decides they want to be funny and spam the fuck out of the forum with threads that they know will get closed, they risk getting silenced pretty heavily. they can still make their one-a-day thread without risk, but even that will be closed as soon as a mod notices.

conversation in threads made by exiled users is a short-time thing, you can do it if you want, but it will never actually remain visible for more than a few hours at most.

after a while of being exiled and chatting relatively nicely in other people's threads, an exiled user might be returned to normal. maybe, but probably not. they got exiled in the first place for being a bastion of shit, so they're unlikely to change. Exiled users shouldn't have to be exiled FOREVER, they should have a 1-3 week sentence of being exiled, if they have good behavior (like you said) they won't be exiled anymore

current exiled users:

Luqanted (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3645130)
roshan117 (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/8261665)
Canadian Baka (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/7880197)
[ - Zekks - ] (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/8106958)

users in danger of being exiled:

nobody, for now.
DaddyCoolVipper
You barely replied to his post there. Terrible modding skills! Also, don't fuck with the rules when it comes to birthday threads. The dancing anime gifs are vital.
Blitzfrog

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Also, don't fuck with the rules when it comes to birthday threads. The dancing anime gifs are vital.
I second this
abraker

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

You barely replied to his post there. Terrible modding skills! Also, don't fuck with the rules when it comes to birthday threads. The dancing anime gifs are vital.
By the way, when did those become a thing?
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

It was always a thing

No one had to say things were made of energy before that was a true.

Same with the necessity of dancing anime gifs in a happy birthday thread.

The similarity between these 2 things are that they are true no matter what the person believe. Things are made of energy. Dancing anime gifs are a necessity in a birthday thread.
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

Get you and your lousy semantics out of here
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Get you and your lousy kinematics out of here
Ftfy
DaddyCoolVipper

abraker wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Tradition since OT began.
show more