Maybe frozen in time from an era long forgotten
DeletedUser_6709840
Not the OT i came to see when I first arrived, thats for sure
DaddyCoolVipper

abraker wrote:

This thread doesn't look like the spawn of OT at all
It's like a different place
Maybe frozen in time from an era long forgotten
Plenty of not-new-generation people posting here, that's why, I guess!
johnmedina999
You know what? I'm fucking tired of this shit. I'm tired of oldfags shitting on newfags in an attempt to make their petty lives seem more important than what they really are. This is the reason I stopped playing Hearthstone and the reason I stopped using reddit. They are both so circlejerky and are unfriendly to newcomers, and I eventually got fed up with their shit. The difference in this community is that they are at least remotely willing to let new people into their circlejerk.

Stop labeling all newfags as cancer. Some of them are, but you shouldn't apply the term like a blanket, covering anyone who hasn't been here for two years or more. Without new people a community dies, I don't even have to mention tuuba to you all so you'll understand what I'm talking about. Stop having this "patriarchal" attitude that you all have. Just because you have wasted five fucking years of your life on this stupid forum doesn't mean you're better than someone who signed up last year.
DeletedUser_6709840
Oh dang
Rurree
you stopped using reddit cause of circlejerking? not sure why that affects people so much but i can't spend a day on the internet without visiting r/mfa, r/streetwear, r/sneakers, r/nba, and r/soccer so that must be tough
DaddyCoolVipper

johnmedina999 wrote:

You know what? I'm fucking tired of this shit. I'm tired of oldfags shitting on newfags in an attempt to make their petty lives seem more important than what they really are. This is the reason I stopped playing Hearthstone and the reason I stopped using reddit. They are both so circlejerky and are unfriendly to newcomers, and I eventually got fed up with their shit. The difference in this community is that they are at least remotely willing to let new people into their circlejerk.

Stop labeling all newfags as cancer. Some of them are, but you shouldn't apply the term like a blanket, covering anyone who hasn't been here for two years or more. Without new people a community dies, I don't even have to mention tuuba to you all so you'll understand what I'm talking about. Stop having this "patriarchal" attitude that you all have. Just because you have wasted five fucking years of your life on this stupid forum doesn't mean you're better than someone who signed up last year.
...uh

I just mentioned that the thread had a different tone since it had more 'oldfags', wasn't intending to shit on anyone
johnmedina999

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

...uh

I just mentioned that the thread had a different tone since it had more 'oldfags', wasn't intending to shit on anyone
You might not have meant it, but you said it. The gist of your post:

RoseusJaeger wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

It's because these newfags are shitting the place up, that's why, I guess!
Also, you're not the only part of the problem. It's all the regulars of this thread, the oldfags. I intended to post something like this when the discussion was up about a week ago, but I couldn't.
Zain Sugieres
I think the reason older users hate newer users is because of the age difference. In a game like osu, new players are usually young (13-15 years old) so if you joined this community 5 or 6 years ago, even if you were 13 at the time you'd be an adult right now which means in general you'll be more mature than people new to the game. That's why the usually childish behavior of newcomers annoys old members of the community.

Jump off the bridge haha mem Xd
Rurree
It doesn't matter because it's a god damn forum; let the oldfags hate and let the newfags cause cancer and vice versa. Please. :)
johnmedina999

Zain Sugieres wrote:

I think the reason older users hate newer users is because of the age difference. In a game like osu, new players are usually young (13-15 years old) so if you joined this community 5 or 6 years ago, even if you were 13 at the time you'd be an adult right now which means in general you'll be more mature than people new to the game. That's why the usually childish behavior of newcomers annoys old members of the community.
That is a good point; however, seeing as the older users were once just as cringy as they see the newer users, they should be more tolerant with them, because again, without them, this community would die. It's not their fault they were born in 2003 and not in 1995.
Tae

johnmedina999 wrote:

Stop labeling all newfags as cancer. Some of them are, but you shouldn't apply the term like a blanket, covering anyone who hasn't been here for two years or more.
...but you're perfectly fine with doing the reverse?

Respect is a two-way system.
DaddyCoolVipper

johnmedina999 wrote:

You might not have meant it, but you said it. The gist of your post:

RoseusJaeger wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

It's because these newfags are shitting the place up, that's why, I guess!
Also, you're not the only part of the problem. It's all the regulars of this thread, the oldfags. I intended to post something like this when the discussion was up about a week ago, but I couldn't.
Definitely reading too much into what I said. Unlike a lot of people, I'm not that overly nostalgic about how OT used to be.

I understand that you're just taking the opportunity to have this discussion now since you didn't (want to?) earlier, though.
johnmedina999

Tae wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Stop labeling all newfags as cancer. Some of them are, but you shouldn't apply the term like a blanket, covering anyone who hasn't been here for two years or more.
...but you're perfectly fine with doing the reverse?
I never did that. I said the regulars of this thread. I can point out many people who are oldfags but at least tolerate newfags. abraker and levesterz are prime examples.

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Definitely reading too much into what I said. Unlike a lot of people, I'm not that overly nostalgic about how OT used to be.

I understand that you're just taking the opportunity to have this discussion now since you didn't (want to?) earlier, though.
I was silenced.
lol
i think some people try way too hard in this thread
Tae

johnmedina999 wrote:

I never did that. I said the regulars of this thread. I can point out many people who are oldfags but at least tolerate newfags. abraker and levesterz are prime examples.
Yeah, and you (the majority of the newer people here) seem to have some sort of grudge against the regulars, and say that they don't tolerate the newfags. But like, when you've got some of these people who are trashposting to the point that they get silenced and are then asking why the regulars hate them, there's something a little off there...

Basically, there's a number of people making a bad name for you (us, whatever), and that's why.
Zain Sugieres
Purge all of OT
Tae

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Purge all of OT
I agree!
Railey2
i can prove to you that newfags are the problem!

assuming that the average age at which osu (and consequentially the forums) get discovered, you can expect new members to be much younger on average than people that have been here for 4 years.

When Blue Dragon found this place, he was 10 years old. Now he's 19 years old. When was he more cancerous, as a newfag or as an oldfag?

Older people tend to be less cancerous, you kids are the worst. Newfags are usually between 13 and 17 year olds. So there you go.

OLDFAGS ARE LESS CANCEROUS THAN NEWFAGS BECAUSE OLDFAGS ARE OLDER ON AVERAGE

(in all honesty, i don't care. Just don't be a dick)
kai99
happy birthday zain
lol

Railey2 wrote:

assuming that the average age at which osu (and consequentially the forums) get discovered, you can expect new members to be much younger on average than people that have been here for 4 years.

When Blue Dragon found this place, he was 10 years old. Now he's 19 years old. When was he more cancerous, as a newfag or as an oldfag?

Older people tend to be less cancerous, you kids are the worst. Newfags are usually between 13 and 17 year olds. So there you go.

is this bait
Rurree
Zain Sugieres
Reminder there are only 2 genders
Railey2

lol wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

is this bait
no its true, thats the reason why newfags are generally more annoying.
but of course it doesn't apply the the individual and in the end i don't care either way.
Meah

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Reminder there are only 2 genders
Zain and Sugieres
DeletedUser_6709840
i guess i'll go back to modding
Blitzfrog
Reminder that I love Zain Sugieres
DeletedUser_6709840
I hate Zain with a passion
johnmedina999
Are you saying you feel diszain towards him?
FuZ

RoseusJaeger wrote:

Hes right tho
DeletedUser_6709840

johnmedina999 wrote:

Are you saying you feel diszain towards him?
nice pun.

FuZ wrote:

RoseusJaeger wrote:

Hes right tho
I dont like you either for agreeing with him, makes you both look stupid
Jordan
if the earth isn't flat

how come i can't stop shooting heroin? 🤔🤔
Mahogany
🤔🤔If you think about it🤔🤔, this entire forum has gone completely 😲mental😲. Just 😞💭imagine😞💭 what this would all look like without the internet medium between us😲😲. ☝First☝, one guy🙌 shows everyone a 📸picture📸 then everybody else begins 😂laughing😂 and 🐥parroting🐦 phrases back and forth. Everybody in a room, just repeating 💩shit💩 over and over, "Me👉👦 too✌ thanks🙋!" "Me👉👦 too✌ thanks🙋!" Then someone takes the 🙌📸picture🙌📸, and 🖍draws🖍 something else on top of it😎; usually something we can all recognize from before. And😏😏 everybody 😂laughs😂 and 🐥parrots🐦 the same phrase again, "🐸O shit waddup🐸" "(💯💯💯m)90kg projectile(💯💯💯m)!" "Me👉👦 too✌ thanks🙋!" If you 😞imagine💭 it, it l👀ks like we're all in an 😲insane😲 😣asylum😣. In fact,😮 that's really all we do here😮; just drive each other 😎😲insane😎😲. We keep ⏮repeating▶ the same 💩shit💩 over and over 👊until👊 one 😨person😨 finally 😠😡snaps😨😵, and everybody agrees and moves onto something else. Then the whole fucking cycle➡⤴⬅↪ repeats itself. We're all stuck in the 💀👽Loony Bin🤖👻 and nobody can 😲escape😲 because we just keep feeding into each other's crippling 😷mental🙃😷 illness🙃. And I don't know if I can fucking take it😖😖 anymore😖, one of these days I'm just going to 😲🤕lose 😤😕every last bit of 😢😭😈😡san- Lol I mean 👉👦 ✌ 🙋
Mahogany
It's almost as if Biological Sex isn't the same thing as gender 🤔
Razzy
imagine getting triggered by this video

reminds me of the people who got mad at the Budweiser Super Bowl ad
Rurree

RoseusJaeger wrote:

I love Zain with a passion
Atta girl!
Meah
We all need Zain Sugieres in our lives
Razzy