posted
Total Posts
show more
Shurelia
the train hasn't arrived yet?
niyuji
easy pp, quality mapping, ranked please
OnosakiHito
People can ignore the SV in the Taiko difficulties. Those are just bugs from the editor which appear when checking the AImod.
OnosakiHito
Took me some time to answer, especially because I lost my draft later on.

k3v227 wrote:

SPOILER

Kisses wrote:

Change SV of all taiko diffs to 1.4

At first I thought I had HR on when I first tested the Oni diff xdddd
this^^^^^^^ Those are just bugs from the editor which appear when checking the AImod. It's not an attribute from the map itself.

-------------------------------------------

From my mod queue :)

Preface: There are many issues with both taiko diffs. Both aren't rankable yet and still need a lot of work IMO. A lot of patterns need to be reworked, and I will try my best to suggest changes. Nevertheless, this mod may seem harsh at some points, but I am just being honest and serious. Enjoy :3

[Ono's Oni]

General: SV1.4 and resnap all notes.

Proposals:

00:03:348 (1) - Finisher. changed

00:05:003 (1) - Finisher. changed

00:41:210 (1) - Finisher. changed

00:48:865 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Change to k. dons are very fitting here due to the song, but did it also intentionally so 00:52:175 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - has more impact instead.

00:54:761 - Add d. rest moment purpose, so people can rest for a moment

01:36:865 (1) - No finisher. Those are very fitting pattern and song wise, so I see no reason that would justify to delete those.

02:23:210 - 02:24:348 - Add spinner. It's fine without one as resembles the decay of sound.

02:38:106 - 02:49:692 - Replace a lot of 1/3 with 1/2 similar to earlier kiai patterns. This could be discussed about, but since this part is very 1/3 heavy, I would rather stick to 1/3 for now.

02:47:348 (1) - Delete. Instead, I used a d.

[Ono's Ura Oni]

General: SV1.4 and resnap all notes. Some of the PP mapping is really obvious for this map and it doesn't fit at all.

Proposals:

00:25:072 - Remove x1.10SV There is no reason to remove these. This part is still emphasized but is losing a bit of impact due to the 1/2. The SV change prevents that by having aproximately SV 1.4. Changed it to x0.9 tho, since this is closer to SV 1.4.

00:28:589 - Remove x1.10SV ^

00:28:900 (4,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Ctrl + g Oh, you are right. Changed.

00:30:969 - Add k. It makes hitting the finishers just unreasonable harder on a BPM of 290.

00:31:072 - 00:32:003 - Change to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927445 Higher pitch is on the down beat, so I mapped accordingly to this. But beside that, using ths pattern is rather unforgiving than the one I have since it is naturally pretty odd when starting off with ddk... .

00:35:727 - Add k. Adding one isn't beneficial as I want to acchieve clear disticntion between previous and upcoming part. Break can give their own impact as well and make hence upcoming part have a slight higher emphasis.

00:46:382 - 00:47:210 - Change to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927561 Doing so contradicts the don placement I had before and make the last stanza inconsistent.

00:48:037 - 00:48:555 (12) - Change to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927540 Another pattern which is harder than current one as you need to have a steady acc on a monoton stream while suddenly switching once to a single note. But beside that, I'm not agreeing to switch suddenly the main snapping which carries on every down beat a don.

00:59:624 - 01:00:348 (15) - Change to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927636 Current dons (even if improvised) resemble the current drums in the background in a fine way and make the lower the emphasis of this part to give upcoming one a higher impact. Beside that, it's another pattern you make harder while you critzised this to be a pp map.

01:04:589 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - Remove 1/4. Did some own changes here and for the rest.

01:31:899 - 01:34:382 - Remap to a 1/3 stream for the guitar. As I am mostly improvising with following the drums at the background, going suddenly mainly with the guitar would be very odd.

01:51:348 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Remove 1/4. Done.

02:36:348 (2,1) - Change to ddk and remove finisher on k. But what about the consistency?

02:44:038 (1,2,3,1,1,1) - Change to 1/1 K D K finishers: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927823 Hm, this isn't actually bad. Will think about it.

02:49:692 - 02:50:934 - Change to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927854 Here is pretty much nothing beside the significant drum sounds.

02:51:451 - 03:00:451 - Add spinner. Possible, but I prefer to have none.

Hopefully this is helpful :)

-Kev
As you can see, I applied some of the points, but most has stayed unreplied as you clearly seem to be farily new in Taiko modding since some of your suggestions contradict with what you call as obvious pp mapping even tho it's not. But we will come later to that. Despite the beatmap being already very hard due to the nature of the BPM, some of your suggestions would have made certain patterns harder or more tricky as they actually already are, and which got mentioned above more in specific (red). Additionally what you might refer as pp mapping, which is rather a term for osu! but taiko, is in our term improvised mapping which is a valid stylistic device in Taiko - placing patterns with a recognizable rhythm / beat placement. While I have to agree that some patterns may be improved, which is why I gave Alheak my new update with some own changes combined with yours, the current setting is anything but made for pp. If anything, it is hard due to the nature of the song's speed which is abnormal high. Lastly, what should be also mentioned is that there aren't any unrankable issues in both beatmaps as they follow the RC and current mapping standards. The 1/3 is a bit unorthodox, but that rather due to the song.

Nontheless I am thankful for your mods since you had some good points afterall. 00:28:900 - was something I totally missed. What I would only suggest you for the future is to give more reasons behind your suggestions since saying that something is unrankable but giving no explanation is very vague.

As said, alheak received the update already. Thanks for modding!
Luel Roseline
Nerf this
Ekoro
i didn't map the track at its best so have a buffed version of my diff :^)
-Ran Yakumo-
"you thought promethean kings solo was hard ? watch this"
EphemeralFetish
You need an 8* difficulty now. :^)
_DT3
Ok, will someone tell me when Fever was bumped up to 9*
Caput Mortuum
Holy mazzerin
Ekoro

_DT3 wrote:

2 days ago, i decided to change some parts a little bit because it didn't fit the real intensity of the track.
I had to hold back a little bit (by using less spacing on streams) so it could still be suitable

now i feel like the track really needs this, the 1/2 had boring spacing and didn't fit totally the track, etcetc
overall, in my opinion my diff really describes how powerful this music is

and i actually wouldn't mind if my diff was less difficult "star-wise" than mazzerin's map, i mapped exactly what i wanted
he got a 9,32* diff anyway
_DT3

Ekoro wrote:

_DT3 wrote:

2 days ago, i decided to change some parts a little bit because it didn't fit the real intensity of the track.
I had to hold back a little bit (by using less spacing on streams) so it could still be suitable

now i feel like the track really needs this, the 1/2 had boring spacing and didn't fit totally the track, etcetc

and i actually wouldn't mind if my diff was less difficult "star-wise" than mazzerin's map, i mapped exactly what i wanted
he got a 9,32* diff anyway
Ah ok, good to know ^^
It does look much more fitting to the music now
Weber

EphemeralFetish wrote:

You need an 8* difficulty now. :^)
ye too bad urs are garbo LOL
Ayyri
gj ekoli
Ataraxia

Ekoro wrote:

love u ekoro <3
Sapphire_Melon
Can I do ctb diff?
Topic Starter
Alheak
I'm afraid no.

I don't want to have to deal with any more GDs.
Cryptic
The updated top diff represents the music a lot better than it previously did, good job Ekoro!
Plus4j
new Mazzerin
LastExceed
can I make another mania 4k diff?
Topic Starter
Alheak

Alheak wrote:

I'm afraid no.

I don't want to have to deal with any more GDs.
LastExceed
:(((
fastmarkus
"Don't worry, Taiko and Mania are ready."

This is sad to read, especially only STD is left when usually it's the first one to be ready. This map is very fun to play and would be a incredibly addition to the ranked pool. I'm pretty sure there are BNs capable of judging this mapset, including Ekoro's difficulty.

Just a question: would a new difficulty be necessary since Ekoro bumped his?

I wish you good luck, Alheak! You deserve this one.
Topic Starter
Alheak
Well STD is ready too, we just need BNs to show up and mod the set.

There shouldn't be a need for a new diff because it's technically as hard as GWolf's, just with biggers jumps.
Anyway as I said I'm done with GDs now, so if there's any problem with the spread or anything Ekoro's diff will have to go.

Thank you for the support!
Platnuu
Good luck on getting it ranked, really fun map!
Mitt Aim Suger
WTB BNs >:(
Loctav
Loved as per mapper's request.
Caput Mortuum
>_> rip pp
LastExceed

Eraser wrote:

>_> rip pp
loved maps can still move to ranked
The Emperor

LastExceed wrote:

Eraser wrote:

>_> rip pp
In theory yes, but in practice no.
loved sucks up maps and that kinda locks the map, as if u do anything to the map it will loose the loved title and no mapper wants that..
Topic Starter
Alheak
We're going for Loved to gain some attention and to see what works and what doesn't especially in the highest difficulties so that BN can more easily mod the set.
fastmarkus

Alheak wrote:

We're going for Loved to gain some attention and to see what works and what doesn't especially in the highest difficulties so that BN can more easily mod the set.

There is still hope, then! Good luck again, Alheak :D
rock time

Alheak wrote:

please rank
LigerZero
where catch the beat? congrats..... in <3
Zallies

LastExceed wrote:

Eraser wrote:

>_> rip pp
Naoise
so as expected, this set is in loved forever. rip another fun set
Topic Starter
Alheak