u1 overground - Dopamine
21.82%
Giga - BWW Scream
5.45%
camellia - crystallized
7.27%
nekodex - circles!
7.27%
NOMA - Brain Power (nope not doing this meme)
15.45%
Nanahoshi Kangengakudan - Meikaruza
6.36%
M2U feat. Guriri - Magnolia
7.27%
Other (specify in thread / pm to me)
4.55%
Total votes: 110
Polling ended
show more
Seph
damn if i wasnt busy at school i would've joined this

you know, shitmapping is my thing
Halogen-
The link on the top of the OP for the .osz links to the thread and not the .osz download - might want to fix that!
Riari

Halogen- wrote:

The link on the top of the OP for the .osz links to the thread and not the .osz download - might want to fix that!

The OSZ is in the post it points towards.
Halogen-
Oh, got it - my mistake then. Disregard me. \o
Rocma
where should I send
Topic Starter
Ascendance

_Asriel wrote:

where should I send
pm to me :P

Ascendance wrote:

When you've finished COMPLETELY with your difficulty, you can send the .osz to Ascendance via forum pm with the title "CtB Aspire Submission".
Nelly
Oh boy I hate mapping this song but ill give a try
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Just a reminder that the last day for submission is this Sunday! If we don't have enough submissions, I'll extend it by 1 week at maximum.
HappyRocket88
How many are enough?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

HappyRocket88 wrote:

How many are enough?
5-6 would be preferred :D
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hi. I'll be extending the time limit to Sunday, July 31 (Next sunday) to give people some extra time to finish up their submissions. This will be the ONLY extension to the time I make, so use it wisely. Good luck!
Hunter Howl

Ascendance wrote:

Hi. I'll be extending the time limit to Sunday, July 31 (Next sunday) to give people some extra time to finish up their submissions. This will be the ONLY extension to the time I make, so use it wisely. Good luck!
so it's extended. but i still doesn't feel like mapping dopamine :/

anyway, shouldn't you edit the first post about schedule that you extended the mapping phase? just sayin'
autofanboy
submit and get top 3
Spectator
can I replace the bg
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Spectator wrote:

can I replace the bg
I'll change it to the current one when you submit to us, but when you submit after judging is over, you can use your own!
ExGon
i'm still mapping map, blame myself >:(
Topic Starter
Ascendance
You have until the end of sunday in EDT
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Submissions are closed!
MBomb
Time for nazi judging :^)
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Congratulations to Deif for winning the osu!catch Aspire contest! With a total of 178 points, he'll be crowned this contest's winner and will be receiving a prize as soon as tournaments gets back to me :D! Congratulations to 2nd and 3rd place of ExGon and Razor Sharp, and of course, to everyone else who participated!
koliron
Congrats deif! \:D/
MBomb
I actually posted after I finished judging because I forgot to do it before xddd

Good job to everyone, some very cool entrants (And some funny ones, I'd recommend looking at Ken's, I loved it).

Deif's was a masterpiece honestly, I don't think there was much anyone could've done to best that.
RAMPAGE88
Congrats to the winners
Nice Deif!

and yeah Ken did well too :D
xi-False
Ayyyee b0ss can i hab a Dopamine plz!!
CLSW
Wow what is this

* Just a question, is the winning entry able to get ranked like the official Aspire Contest?

* Also, I've looked into some judges and someones judged the map with 'play-ability' which wasn't noticed on Judging Criteria, was that kinda dogmatism of judge or intentional stuff of everyone but the organizer's fault instead? Since this is kind of 'Aspire Contest', if the play-ability was included in the Judging Criteria pretty much people who are gonna focus on more gimmicks and more patterns can be mistaken about it.

Just my 2 cents, Play-Ability is really a subjective thing, someone can feel the A pattern as easy but someone feel A pattern as hard, like the difficulty dispute on P8107, IMAGE MATERIAL and Wing my Way, so this cannot be considered as a judge especially with this Aspire Contest. Default mapping contest like MBC can be considered because it needs more public sense for every users can enjoy, but this is not.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

CLSW wrote:

Wow what is this

* Just a question, is the winning entry able to get ranked like the official Aspire Contest?
We're hoping!!
ExGon
oo i'm #2 :o

at least i made legit 8.57 star map

and congrats Deif!
Deif
Thanks for the support guys! Mapping from the new laptop actually helped hehe

I got it submitted, if you want to test it out: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/490223
Riari

CLSW wrote:

Wow what is this

* Also, I've looked into some judges and someones judged the map with 'play-ability' which wasn't noticed on Judging Criteria, was that kinda dogmatism of judge or intentional stuff of everyone but the organizer's fault instead? Since this is kind of 'Aspire Contest', if the play-ability was included in the Judging Criteria pretty much people who are gonna focus on more gimmicks and more patterns can be mistaken about it.

Just my 2 cents, Play-Ability is really a subjective thing, someone can feel the A pattern as easy but someone feel A pattern as hard, like the difficulty dispute on P8107, IMAGE MATERIAL and Wing my Way, so this cannot be considered as a judge especially with this Aspire Contest. Default mapping contest like MBC can be considered because it needs more public sense for every users can enjoy, but this is not.
The idea of the contest is to create a creative map but does not dismiss the idea of it being a map itself. Creativity can lie inside the play-ability of the map itself, as seen with Deif's submission where the map was designed not as a difficult map, but a more aesthetic one with a few extras.
I took to judging this with an idea of the map being playable to a high standard by at least a fraction of the community whilst also using unconventional and interesting ideas, I had people who I know did not submit difficulties testplay and submit feedback on some of the harder ones to help judge this to broaden my opinion.
Also, the whole idea of this judging is subjective, nobody who judged this contest is the law on any of those categories so just because something is subjective does not make it an argument.
Xinely
Ayyy congrats deif ~
rew0825
Wowwww Congrats Deif :D
CLSW
I said it wasn't noticed, so it shall be better if the play-ability point has been marked on the Judging Criteria as specifically if really the judges were intended to check them out. I just talked about (next time do something like ~~~, it will be better), not really poking the fault on staffs here. Please do not misunderstand.

Also if the judge needs play-ability check, I would like to recommend to elect judges as player rank division for being more like a objective decision based with various skill rank/style of judges.

Anyways congratulations to all winners ;)
Riari
I'd ask you to read my post again but you didn't manage it the first time.

I had people test to broaden my opinion, it was never stated that I needed it so I don't know where you draw this from.

Also the idea of using players as judges rather than mappers who also play the game is less objective so I don't know where that idea comes from.
Cipse
Dief's difficulty was pretty good :D

I don't know why but when I played ExGon's difficulty, it reminded me of Der Wald
CLSW
I'm not a retard who cannot distinguish mapper and player, I would like to say if I try to elect judges I'll hire the mapper/modder with playing skill level on #10, the mapper with playing skill level on #100s, and #500s to make sure.

I thought you could understand my quote cuz I'm not good at english skills to explain my opinion with better conversation, and that's too bad.

And just make sure if you let the others to test the map to judge your opinion since you said 'I had people test to broaden my opinion', isn't this a foul play? Then the judge's opinion cannot be valid though.
Riari

CLSW wrote:

I'm not a retard who cannot distinguish mapper and player, I would like to say if I try to elect judges I'll hire the mapper/modder with playing skill level on #10, the mapper with playing skill level on #100s, and #500s to make sure.

I thought you could understand my quote cuz I'm not good at english skills to explain my opinion with better conversation, and that's too bad.

And just make sure if you let the others to test the map to judge your opinion since you said 'I had people test to broaden my opinion', isn't this a foul play? Then the judge's opinion cannot be valid though.
How can you measure validation of an opinion in a subjective contest? If you find a way please tell it to me and every governing body out there (Maybe they can use it at the Olympics for some events!).
Leveling judges by rank is a poor thing to do in this situation. The PP system itself is unclear and has no sense of true ranking bar that towards the higher end. The easiest way to have a good spread is to just have more judges, potentially from different areas of expertise such as difficulty mapping preference as acquired skills show through there if you really want to force a spread.

Also, it cannot be foul play because nobody knew who the entrants were until results were confirmed. The player who did stuff with me was actually offered a position as a judge prior as they were known to not be entering.
CLSW
All I said is just a recommendations, all up to host for next event.

Need some discussions with the event host, I have more concerns about it.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Let's all calm down :D
Razor Sharp
Let me get into this too.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Also the idea of using players as judges rather than mappers who also play the game is less objective so I don't know where that idea comes from.
I asked Ascendance during the mapping process if he wanted to test the map. He told me the following:

1. No, i cant.
2. Judges should not test the map either.
3. Other people might test it.

Having the JUDGE let others play it, to get a "wider" opinion is no good idea thanks to this. If lets say deif asked CLSW to test his map, and CLSW does. Then you MB, ask CLSW to test the map, cause you cant properly play it yourself, he can easy say "oh deif's map" no problem. This way a unfair judging happens between the judge and the player testing it for the judge.

Remember, YOU are the judge, not the other people.

CLSW wrote:

Offcourse Play-ability shall be counted as in the public Aspire contest. The public one has a rule that player at a certain rank should be able to pass it. Why not here? We could have like "player at ctb rank 500 should be able to pass the map with significant effort". This would make the contast alot cleaner for maps, and not 1/16 hyperspam sliders all over the place.

ascendance wrote:

Judges:

- Magic Bomb -
Riari
koliron[/notice]
And wouldnt it be better with 1EUW, 1 Asia and 1 America regioned judge instead? Just a normal question.

Congratulations to Deif anyway, really like your map!
Dea ex machina
Fii should judge next time :|
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Fii wrote:

Fii should judge next time :|
With the way things are going, there won't be a next time
Riari
That whole idea revolves around me taking that persons opinion wholly instead of using my own at the same time. By taking others into account ALONG WITH MY OWN means that there is no foul play, just fair discussion. If that person shilled a map to me then I would express my dislikes away from theirs as the discussion is of two binaries and will likely result in nothing productive.

I see nothing wrong with using extra information, it seems like people just want a reason to complain to me.
Rocma
Thank you for 29 points lol
Anyway I didnt pay atention to making good quality map this time and the result was exactly right.
Who knews? Nobody could get S rank in my 6.5* map lol.
Graveyard is always my mapping house forever~
ExGon

it will be better next time
MBomb

Razor Sharp wrote:

Let me get into this too.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I asked Ascendance during the mapping process if he wanted to test the map. He told me the following:

1. No, i cant.
2. Judges should not test the map either.
3. Other people might test it.

Having the JUDGE let others play it, to get a "wider" opinion is no good idea thanks to this. If lets say deif asked CLSW to test his map, and CLSW does. Then you MB, ask CLSW to test the map, cause you cant properly play it yourself, he can easy say "oh deif's map" no problem. This way a unfair judging happens between the judge and the player testing it for the judge.

Remember, YOU are the judge, not the other people.
What the fuck? I never said any of this. This was Riari, not me. Please do not misquote. Either way, I didn't ask anyone else to test with my judging.
juankristal
As always, stuff made by the community ends up in a "bad way and drama" because some people dislike or like the results.

Here is the thing, why are you pointing all this stuff after the winner was decided and not before? Now that you figured out that the result isnt the one you wanted we will start doing that? I dont think thats how it works.

If you didnt agree with the terms and conditions of the contest why did you ever send your entry or why you take part of the discus in such a way like this? Lets just calm down a bit and keep this under control.
Riari

juankristal wrote:

As always, stuff made by the community ends up in a "bad way and drama" because some people dislike or like the results.

Here is the thing, why are you pointing all this stuff after the winner was decided and not before? Now that you figured out that the result isnt the one you wanted we will start doing that? I dont think thats how it works.

If you didnt agree with the terms and conditions of the contest why did you ever send your entry or why you take part of the discus in such a way like this? Lets just calm down a bit and keep this under control.
I understand your point and all but I just wanna say that IceJJFish is the best map of all time.

The true Aspire.
CLSW
Better not discuss about stuff which isn't 100% true and fact, do not make a speculative things. Who knows if Razor Sharp was really an innocent guy and tried to suggest the improvements with pointing the error of this event for the better next time?

This is not supposed to be posted. If you have read Razor Sharp's post in detail you can see some problems were revealed 'after the result', not just from the beginning. Also even the post was pretty much late, issues are issues. Event hosts should realize the issues which were revealed now and better fix it or need to answer about them for the better next series of the event. Why do you want to hide it with these kind of excuses and make all 100% fault to him with your eyes 'he is a certain drama maker'? People can always suggest the issues if they think something wrong, if you think this is such kinda drama, this community never be grown-up not because of them, cuz of you.
This action looks like a government of developing country though. It's not good.
Riari
If we shouldn't discuss stuff which isn't 100% true, why did you start this in the first place?
CLSW
I didn't say anything suspicious things, I said about the fact based with the announcement of this event and the 'happened' things only?
Deif
This is why we cannot have nice things