u1 overground - Dopamine
21.82%
Giga - BWW Scream
5.45%
camellia - crystallized
7.27%
nekodex - circles!
7.27%
NOMA - Brain Power (nope not doing this meme)
15.45%
Nanahoshi Kangengakudan - Meikaruza
6.36%
M2U feat. Guriri - Magnolia
7.27%
Other (specify in thread / pm to me)
4.55%
Total votes: 110
Polling ended
show more
Kibbleru
ill be a judge :^)
Constantine
autofanboy
I would vote for the followings:

Bunnrei
miiro

any dubstep song should be gud
Hunter Howl
so this contest will be started with you and MB?
ExGon
:)
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hi everyone! The .osz for download is available here: http://puu.sh/pHIqw/db8a60627d.osz

As you've suggested, the song picked for this competition was Dopamine.
When you've finished COMPLETELY with your difficulty, you can send the .osz to Ascendance via forum pm with the title "CtB Aspire Submission". At the end of the time frame, I'll anonymize the submissions so the judges don't know who mapped what.

Good luck to everyone participating!!

Edit: Be sure to change the creator to your name!!

To clarify: You only need to map one difficulty. A full spread isn't needed and won't deduct points.
JBHyperion
I was hoping for Dopamine so I guess I'll be mapping instead of judging c:

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see what people can come up with!
Halogen-
I'm pretty hype to see Dopamine as the pick for this contest, haha.

As someone who aspires (HARHARHHRAHRHWUDHEIOSRIDFOGIOZFG) to be a mapper for all four modes in the distant future, this could be a really great learning experience to step outside of my just-mania bubble; this is not to say I've not dabbled in Taiko/standard, but CTB is the mode that feels the most foreign to me.

I'm seeing some patterns in my head to certain parts of this song just purely off of memory, so hopefully that means I'll get somewhere with it. Cheers to hoping I do at least a respectable job - and good luck to everyone else. \o
Mindwaves
why are the kiai time already placed???

this kind of defeat the creativity thing...
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Mindwaves wrote:

why are the kiai time already placed???

this kind of defeat the creativity thing...
You can remove them lol
like I said, the in-game stuff can be edited however you want
CelegaS
Why "Other (specify in thread / pm to me)" option if you just took the one with the most vote?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

CelegaS wrote:

Why "Other (specify in thread / pm to me)" option if you just took the one with the most vote?
There wasn't a large reaction on some songs, and I ended up getting worried to pick something that the majority clearly didn't vote for.. I'll be using the song selections for the next contest though, for sure
Seph
damn if i wasnt busy at school i would've joined this

you know, shitmapping is my thing
Halogen-
The link on the top of the OP for the .osz links to the thread and not the .osz download - might want to fix that!
Riari

Halogen- wrote:

The link on the top of the OP for the .osz links to the thread and not the .osz download - might want to fix that!

The OSZ is in the post it points towards.
Halogen-
Oh, got it - my mistake then. Disregard me. \o
Rocma
where should I send
Topic Starter
Ascendance

_Asriel wrote:

where should I send
pm to me :P

Ascendance wrote:

When you've finished COMPLETELY with your difficulty, you can send the .osz to Ascendance via forum pm with the title "CtB Aspire Submission".
Kimitakari
Oh boy I hate mapping this song but ill give a try
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Just a reminder that the last day for submission is this Sunday! If we don't have enough submissions, I'll extend it by 1 week at maximum.
HappyRocket88
How many are enough?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

HappyRocket88 wrote:

How many are enough?
5-6 would be preferred :D
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hi. I'll be extending the time limit to Sunday, July 31 (Next sunday) to give people some extra time to finish up their submissions. This will be the ONLY extension to the time I make, so use it wisely. Good luck!
Hunter Howl

Ascendance wrote:

Hi. I'll be extending the time limit to Sunday, July 31 (Next sunday) to give people some extra time to finish up their submissions. This will be the ONLY extension to the time I make, so use it wisely. Good luck!
so it's extended. but i still doesn't feel like mapping dopamine :/

anyway, shouldn't you edit the first post about schedule that you extended the mapping phase? just sayin'
autofanboy
submit and get top 3
Spectator
can I replace the bg
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Spectator wrote:

can I replace the bg
I'll change it to the current one when you submit to us, but when you submit after judging is over, you can use your own!
ExGon
i'm still mapping map, blame myself >:(
Topic Starter
Ascendance
You have until the end of sunday in EDT
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Submissions are closed!
MBomb
Time for nazi judging :^)
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Congratulations to Deif for winning the osu!catch Aspire contest! With a total of 178 points, he'll be crowned this contest's winner and will be receiving a prize as soon as tournaments gets back to me :D! Congratulations to 2nd and 3rd place of ExGon and Razor Sharp, and of course, to everyone else who participated!
koliron
Congrats deif! \:D/
MBomb
I actually posted after I finished judging because I forgot to do it before xddd

Good job to everyone, some very cool entrants (And some funny ones, I'd recommend looking at Ken's, I loved it).

Deif's was a masterpiece honestly, I don't think there was much anyone could've done to best that.
RAMPAGE88
Congrats to the winners
Nice Deif!

and yeah Ken did well too :D
xi-False
Ayyyee b0ss can i hab a Dopamine plz!!
CLSW
Wow what is this

* Just a question, is the winning entry able to get ranked like the official Aspire Contest?

* Also, I've looked into some judges and someones judged the map with 'play-ability' which wasn't noticed on Judging Criteria, was that kinda dogmatism of judge or intentional stuff of everyone but the organizer's fault instead? Since this is kind of 'Aspire Contest', if the play-ability was included in the Judging Criteria pretty much people who are gonna focus on more gimmicks and more patterns can be mistaken about it.

Just my 2 cents, Play-Ability is really a subjective thing, someone can feel the A pattern as easy but someone feel A pattern as hard, like the difficulty dispute on P8107, IMAGE MATERIAL and Wing my Way, so this cannot be considered as a judge especially with this Aspire Contest. Default mapping contest like MBC can be considered because it needs more public sense for every users can enjoy, but this is not.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

CLSW wrote:

Wow what is this

* Just a question, is the winning entry able to get ranked like the official Aspire Contest?
We're hoping!!
ExGon
oo i'm #2 :o

at least i made legit 8.57 star map

and congrats Deif!
show more