Solution: Running osu! In Ubuntu or Xubuntu

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noobita

awp wrote:

SatoXYN wrote:

http://habreffect.ru/77c/d8ad5f3a5/%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA.png
this image link crashes my computer does it crash anybody else's?
Not mine... that's very weird maybe because there is russian in it? (just a guess)
joaowojcikiewicz

Tasem wrote:

Okay, so yesterday I reinstalled Linux Mint, in preparation for my new RAM. I'm now running Isadora Gnome x64bit, and I installed Wine rc6 from the wine ppa. I got winetricks, installed gecko, and then installed the following:
corefonts
some corefonts smoothing files(normal smoothing and grayscale, I believe)
dotnet20

Then I tried for Osu again. the installer ran and failed at publishing like always, and I pretty much gave up right then and there, but to my surprise, Osu is opening consistently in direct3d mode when I run it on wine!

If I switch it to opengl mode, it breaks and will not open.

However, all is not well; on occasion the sound just dies out of nowhere, even after I configured wine to actually use an audio driver, which I hadn't done yet. Even if it doesn't, when I start a beatmap(so far tested with Full Metal Alchemist Rewrite), the game/beatmap freezes. I can hit escape and go back to the osu! menu but the sound will invariably be dead. Additionally, there are a few things that aren't rendered, like the boxes that cover the resolution settings in options and the text inside the little bubbles that show up for updates.

Also, I was able to sign into my account, that wasn't an issue surprisingly.

Could the problem be because I installed Directx10 and not...nine, or something? I'm scared to tamper with this too much more in case I do something stupid and break it all over again. I hope someone can help me here, thanks
I have found a solution for this problem. Open Wine configuration, go to Audio tab and switch Hardware Acceleration to Emulated. It should work now
Tasem

joaowojcikiewicz wrote:

Tasem wrote:

Okay, so yesterday I reinstalled Linux Mint, in preparation for my new RAM. I'm now running Isadora Gnome x64bit, and I installed Wine rc6 from the wine ppa. I got winetricks, installed gecko, and then installed the following:
corefonts
some corefonts smoothing files(normal smoothing and grayscale, I believe)
dotnet20

Then I tried for Osu again. the installer ran and failed at publishing like always, and I pretty much gave up right then and there, but to my surprise, Osu is opening consistently in direct3d mode when I run it on wine!

If I switch it to opengl mode, it breaks and will not open.

However, all is not well; on occasion the sound just dies out of nowhere, even after I configured wine to actually use an audio driver, which I hadn't done yet. Even if it doesn't, when I start a beatmap(so far tested with Full Metal Alchemist Rewrite), the game/beatmap freezes. I can hit escape and go back to the osu! menu but the sound will invariably be dead. Additionally, there are a few things that aren't rendered, like the boxes that cover the resolution settings in options and the text inside the little bubbles that show up for updates.

Also, I was able to sign into my account, that wasn't an issue surprisingly.

Could the problem be because I installed Directx10 and not...nine, or something? I'm scared to tamper with this too much more in case I do something stupid and break it all over again. I hope someone can help me here, thanks
I have found a solution for this problem. Open Wine configuration, go to Audio tab and switch Hardware Acceleration to Emulated. It should work now
Oh my God, it works now! A hundred thanks, joao!

Remaining bugs: the notification texts dont work properly, and some text boxes in the options screen also seem to be missing. Also, in the skin selection screen you can't see the base slider/beats, only the hit effects and slider balls, ectetera. However the game seems playable.
joaowojcikiewicz

Tasem wrote:

Oh my God, it works now! A hundred thanks, joao!

Remaining bugs: the notification texts dont work properly, and some text boxes in the options screen also seem to be missing. Also, in the skin selection screen you can't see the base slider/beats, only the hit effects and slider balls, ectetera. However the game seems playable.
to fix the font problem:
Open the terminal, input "sh winetricks", select "fontfix" and "fontsmooth-rgb".
Install it and the fonts should be right now
SatoXYN
It's me again. I'm running OSU under linux mint now. You should install corefonts, fontfix, fontsmooth-rgb and gdiplus. Without gdiplus there will be no messages in some boxes, just boxes with no text. If you use pulseaudio then you should run OSU with OSS or another sound system, it will go to segfault if you use alsa with pulseaudio. Try not to use hardware emulation. I'm running pure alsa now, with -40 audio offset, it's just fine.
SatoXYN
It's me again. Mouse acceleration in linux is absolutely another as in windows. I tried to configure mouse in linux with 1.0x in osu, because if I set anything but not 1.0x mouse got jitter or something like this, it's hard to explain. Finally I solved this. If you got mouse jitter on something but not 1.0x in osu, just set unlimiter framerate!
Crakila
@bagnz0r - Link is dead (http://bagnzor.org.pl/prepare-osu)
SatoXYN
Hahaha, don't try to run osu on wine 1.3. The old textures appearing on new ones.
osux_old
i'm tired trying even to launch main window! I got working Osume.exe, but osu!.exe even does not start to work.

logs:

wine

/media/ext/Program Files/osu!$ wine 'osu!.exe'
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not <assembly>
fixme:sync:CreateMemoryResourceNotification (0) stub
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"osu"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Xna.Framework"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"msvcm80"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Runtime.Remoting"
fixme:process:SetProcessPriorityBoost (0x198,0): stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing.resources"
Segmentation fault

mono
/media/ext/Program Files/osu!$ mono 'osu!.exe'

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for <Module> ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in #v.#u:#nj (): IL_0015: callvirt 0x0a000710

at <Module>..cctor () [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
eMkay

osux wrote:

i'm tired trying even to launch main window! I got working Osume.exe, but osu!.exe even does not start to work.

logs:

wine

Code:
/media/ext/Program Files/osu!$ wine 'osu!.exe'
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not <assembly>
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
Segmentation fault

mono
Code:
/media/ext/Program Files/osu!$ mono 'osu!.exe'

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for <Module> ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in #v.#u:#nj (): IL_0015: callvirt 0x0a000710

at <Module>..cctor () [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I've got exactly the same problem.
Newest Ubuntu LTS Version.
Other games run fine, but i have troubles with osu!
Can someone please help me/us?
Already tried with different wine versions but osu! always crashes.
SpacemanSpiff
I somehow got the whole thing to work on Arch Linux on i386. I have to switch to 64 later, so that's going to be fun and a half. I made sure I did the following:
I'll put whatever you might do in red and put in purple what I did in terms of command line.

Steps 1 and 2 are optional, but I would advise doing an update just for the sake of fps maximization.

1.Update your vid drivers to the max (this includes any commands to reconfigure your x-server. This requires a reboot to ensure the new x-settings are configured.
sudo (flavor repo system and - modifiers) (nvidia or ati named drivers)
sudo pacman -Sy nvidia

2. Run your commands to update the x.conf files with your new xserver drivers.
sudo nvidia-xconfig or sudo (whatever the ati one is)
sudo nvidia-xconfig

#####################################
REBOOT IF YOU UPDATED DURING STEP 1 & 2 for safety!
#####################################

3. Get latest wine
sudo (flavor repo system and - modifiers, such as apt-get install for Ubuntu) wine
sudo pacman -Sy wine (can do both at once, I did seperately when doing much trial and error)

4. Get latest winetricks
Either do the same as you did for wine, use an alternative system for your distro (like AUR for Arch Linux) or just get the source and manually apply it.
sudo pacman -Sy winetricks

5. Winetricks the following, and make sure you get gecko before dotnet20
sh winetricks gecko
sh winetricks dotnet20 fontfix fontsmooth-rgb gdiplus

sh winetricks gecko
sh winetricks dotnet20 fontfix fontsmooth-rgb gdiplus

6. Get a folder for pre-installed osu! (on a windows box or wherever else, I didn't want to deal with installation crap) and put it wherever you want to run osu! from.

7. Go into winecfg and default your system to pretend it's WinXP or add osu!.exe and osume.exe and make them run under WinXP. It's just one of the precautions to avoid an issue mentioned below, but it's only one way to make sure the problem doesn't arise.

8. Give osu! in wine a shot, preferably with aoss (get alsa-oss if you haven't, shame on you if that's the case!) and see how it runs. Any problems, crashes and errors might be caused by problems I listed below.

Everything works cleanly for me, no lag or stupid.

Some bugs I've encountered:

Error #1:
If you try to execute a wine script for osu! and anywhere in the path you run into permissions issues, you will always run into a Vista / 7 administration error and you will always crash. Period. Couple workarounds to this:
1. Make your script change to the osu! directory then execute wine.
2. Give your user read and write to everything in the osu! folder including the folder itself. Also give your user ownership (chmod and chown, I'll post the works for it if people want an explanation).

Error #2:
If you try changing your user file to opengl rather than d3d off the bat, I would advise going back if it fails to work like it fails for me. Also, try without the -opengl modifier too, that might fix the problem as well. I wouldn't know about opengl since it fails to work for me, but I'm just point out some simple fixes that might not jump to your mind at first.

Error #3:

Sound in the game is chopping up and I'm lagging in game! Halp!
I've hit this one a few times, including when I started it up, but I noticed quickly how this one comes up. Wine will favor ALSA or OSS, depending on what you run. I've found that the sound errors and how it's trying to emulate the sound for you can mess up osu! pretty badly. Just set sound to alsa, preferably

Hope this helps guys! Lemme know if I can help further.
eMkay
:o
I really don't know what i'm doing wrong.
Fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
Newest wine ( wine1.3 )
corefonts, dotnet20, gdiplus, fontfix and fontsmooth-rgb via winetricks included in wine1.3 package.

But when i use wine to start the osu!installer.exe it just crashes after a time.

First error as far as i've seen is "System.IndexOutOfRangeException"

The people at appdb.winehq.com say that osu! works fine with wine1.2, corefonts, dotnet20 and ubuntu 10.04, but this didn't work for me -.-

Someone please help me?!
SpacemanSpiff

eMkay wrote:

:o
I really don't know what i'm doing wrong.
Fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
Newest wine ( wine1.3 )
corefonts, dotnet20, gdiplus, fontfix and fontsmooth-rgb via winetricks included in wine1.3 package.

But when i use wine to start the osu!installer.exe it just crashes after a time.

First error as far as i've seen is "System.IndexOutOfRangeException"

The people at appdb.winehq.com say that osu! works fine with wine1.2, corefonts, dotnet20 and ubuntu 10.04, but this didn't work for me -.-

Someone please help me?!
Go get your latest drivers for your video card, run the x-config executable that comes with your drivers and reboot. Then do glxinfo | grep direct and prey it says:
direct rendering: yes

Also, I wouldn't advise using wine 1.3. Go uninstall tricks and wine and go get 1.2.3 (or whatever the latest STABLE is). I don't suggest running unstable because it sometimes has some serious conflicts with your x-configurations, even with the latest drivers.

Edit: Sorry about that, didn't put the command for glx testing in color. Make's things a bit more clear.
SatoXYN
Segfault because of PulseAudio, don't use it. Try swithing to OSS, and if no luck, uninstall PulseAudio and use pure Alsa.
SpacemanSpiff

SatoXYN wrote:

Segfault because of PulseAudio, don't use it. Try swithing to OSS, and if no luck, uninstall PulseAudio and use pure Alsa.
It's also a good idea to use OSS or ALSA simply because of some issues across programs and operations trying to use the same driver. I have to use aoss as a prefix for many operations because my system likes to only give sound to one program. Also like before, if you do this, tell winetricks to change to ALSA or OSS, don't use winecfg if you are familiar with it, my sound failed to work until I had winetricks force the change rather than winecfg. You will, however, need to use winecfg to confirm that sound works with the ''test sound'' button.

Alsp, I'm not sure if you have to tell config that osu!.exe or osume.exe has to run under Windows XP in order to avoid an issue I ran into before where it would say I would need to give administrator privileges. Those are minor compared to getting osu! up and running, though.
SatoXYN

mrmike503 wrote:

It's also a good idea to use OSS or ALSA simply because of some issues across programs and operations trying to use the same driver. I have to use aoss as a prefix for many operations because my system likes to only give sound to one program.
That's because you have no dmix and sound is not mixing.
eMkay
i still don't get it working -.-
Direct Rendering is enabled so no problem with that.
But it really seems that it's just the sound driver.
I already uninstalled PulseAudio using "sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio" and installed OSS instead.
I also defaulted sound to OSS and disabled ALSA.
I used winetricks to set sound to OSS and the sound test works fine
Well now osu! starts but i always get the Error Screen from osu! with that pippi thing.
SpacemanSpiff

eMkay wrote:

i still don't get it working -.-
Direct Rendering is enabled so no problem with that.
But it really seems that it's just the sound driver.
I already uninstalled PulseAudio using "sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio" and installed OSS instead.
I also defaulted sound to OSS and disabled ALSA.
I used winetricks to set sound to OSS and the sound test works fine
Well now osu! starts but i always get the Error Screen from osu! with that pippi thing.
Did you try ALSA instead? I don't know if your system automatically configured to your sound card, but maybe that needs to be updated too. I never have that issue because I don't get sound until I manually set it up.

Also thanks for the dmix tip sato, I think I've run into the issue even if dmix is set up. I had it happen before in Ubuntu when I used to use it. Arch has you set up everything manually, so I did what I knew best for a workaround. :lol:
eMkay
Nvm it was just a try ;)
Maybe someone will somewhen make a script for PlayOnLinux and you don't have to do anything anymore :D
SatoXYN
Try this russian manual via google translate
http://translate.google.ru/translate?js ... %3D69589.0
SpacemanSpiff

eMkay wrote:

Nvm it was just a try ;)
Maybe someone will somewhen make a script for PlayOnLinux and you don't have to do anything anymore :D
Just a quick question, are you on a 64 bit distro (and you said Ubuntu, right?)? I might be able to try setting it up using that distro in a few weeks when I get a new hard drive. Also do you use an ATI or nVidia video card? I wanna see if I can be of more help.

It would be a good idea for me to attempt a fresh "out-of-the-box" installation to see if I can get osu! running on a fresh install of Arch Linux or Ubuntu. (I don't know what else other people use, but I saw a bunch of Ubuntu posts and one other Arch). I can post results and see if anything works easily. Sadly, I won't be as reliable with the Arch Linux installation in a week or so, it's my primary computer when the parts arrive, and I need to compile anything and everything useful. I can try doing it early on, however.
Thunderwolf1989
Hey.

Tried to do this for Wolvix (=Slackware based) and most of it works fine: Installed nvidia drivers, wine, winetricks etc. (use slapt-get --install instead of apt-get) Installed osu! went good as well, but although I'm able to play (at least the test map) and update the game, I can't login...
SpacemanSpiff

Thunderwolf1989 wrote:

Hey.

Tried to do this for Wolvix (=Slackware based) and most of it works fine: Installed nvidia drivers, wine, winetricks etc. (use slapt-get --install instead of apt-get) Installed osu! went good as well, but although I'm able to play (at least the test map) and update the game, I can't login...
Are you getting terminal errors? Try seeing if you can fish out some errors from a terminal when you attempt to log on. My only other idea might be to get gecko via winetricks, but I think that was only something I needed.

I can confirm this all works on Arch64 on the source-based wow64-wine. I will say though, if you try this, odds are you are going to have one hell of a time trying to get net 2.0 up and running. Once you get there, it's a walk in the park, really. It took me a whopping 3 hours of mind grinding just to get net 2.0 working, but it's shocking how much better this runs on my Linux rig than it does my laptop.

As for anyone trying out osu! on Linux, do not use opengl. I actually crash with opengl (including the -opengl modifier on the end of the command). As far as I know right now, the guide compilation I made should work for most main distros. The only thing I might change is that you get gecko from winetricks before even attempting to get net 2.0 or at least getting gecko.
Thunderwolf1989
osu! gives me a unhandled exception showing "Not implemented"

Rest of the message:
SPOILER
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NotImplementedException: Not implemented.
at System.Drawing.Region.GetRegionScans(Matrix matrix)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
osu!
Assembly Version: 1.3.3.7
Win32 Version: 1.3.3.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/osu!/osu!.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
osu
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/osu!/osu.DLL
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.10405.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/osu!/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50608.0
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.42
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/winsxs/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd/msvcm80.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Microsoft.Ink
Assembly Version: 1.7.2600.2180
Win32 Version: 1.7.2600.2181
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/osu!/Microsoft.Ink.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
dynamicBASSNET
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/osu!/osu.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
{c73083cc-7aff-481b-b2e6-7b02fa7f7bbd}
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.3.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/osu!/osu!.exe

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And this is what's in the terminal:
SPOILER
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x1a6c10,0x1a6b10): stub
fixme:mmdevapi:AEV_GetVolumeRange stub
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ce9c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Ink"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"osu.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
fixme:gdiplus:GdipCreateHalftonePalette stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"{c73083cc-7aff-481b-b2e6-7b02fa7f7bbd}"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"osu!.resources"
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetFamilyName No support for handling of multiple languages!
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetRegionScansCount not implemented
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 16 not supported yet

I think it's something about this line:
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetRegionScansCount not implemented

I can click the continue button in the dialog and play as guest completely fine.

EDIT: Seems it's fixed already by installing the gdiplus libraries (sh winetricks gdiplus) :lol:
SpacemanSpiff
I updated my post on page 6 with a bit more accurate detail and added some errors I've encountered before. I don't know of any other errors at this point, but I hope my error fixes are a good starting point.
Thunderwolf1989
Okay, that font smoothing thingy is what's responsible for those texts in the lower right corner then? Ok, will add that as well.

Oh, and do you all have problems with the osu! installer? I could just run that installer normally, no crashes or anything. Installing went fine here. I must say though that I have a few other games as well, which might have installed something themselves (vcredist's, perhaps a few directx things etc.)
SpacemanSpiff

Thunderwolf1989 wrote:

Okay, that font smoothing thingy is what's responsible for those texts in the lower right corner then? Ok, will add that as well.

Oh, and do you all have problems with the osu! installer? I could just run that installer normally, no crashes or anything. Installing went fine here. I must say though that I have a few other games as well, which might have installed something themselves (vcredist's, perhaps a few directx things etc.)
I never really tried, I'm sure it would work fine. I just suggest taking a pre-installed osu! because there might be more errors that come up. If you'd like to do a handful of installations and find out the possible errors, though, be my guest. :lol:

Hopefully some other people can confirm that this works on Ubuntu, Arch or other popular distros.
HarryHy
I am running Arch x86_64 right now.

I managed to get it running after Arch's painful multilib setup... but none of the menus have any text, and it initially crashes with .NET errors.
sh winetricks gdiplus fixed it.

If I keep it at horrible slow DirectX video, it works.
If I change to OpenGL, I get:
SPOILER
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x2147d8,0x214720): stub
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 11 (X_GLXSwapBuffers)
Serial number of failed request: 1332
Current serial number in output stream: 1332

What to try now?
miikkak
I'm currently running Kubuntu and I have problems with my mouses peed in Osu!

My mouse lags insanely if i put mouse speed to anything that differs from 1,0x. Has onyone experiencing the same problem?
SpacemanSpiff

miikkak wrote:

I'm currently running Kubuntu and I have problems with my mouses peed in Osu!

My mouse lags insanely if i put mouse speed to anything that differs from 1,0x. Has onyone experiencing the same problem?

It's been a while since I set up my Wine for osu! now, but most of the things in my post on page 6 list everything for Arch, which I find a tad more picky than debian-based distros. Odds are you are missing something outside gecko or dotnet20 (which are required). Try winetricking these few things.

sh winetricks fontfix fontsmooth-rgb gdiplus

Let me know if it's still choppy, because then it may be a faulty configuration in your ~/.wine.

The other tip is make sure you run wine with alsa audio. If that still chops it, see if running it with aoss as a prefix to the wine command will fix it (ex. aoss wine /path/to/directory/osu!.exe).

Edit: Just to clarify, the reason I'm suggesting this is because wine chops up trying to translate some of the coding in osu!. With these, most lag issues tend to go away.

HarryHy wrote:

I am running Arch x86_64 right now.

I managed to get it running after Arch's painful multilib setup... but none of the menus have any text, and it initially crashes with .NET errors.
sh winetricks gdiplus fixed it.

If I keep it at horrible slow DirectX video, it works.
If I change to OpenGL, I get:
SPOILER
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x2147d8,0x214720): stub
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 11 (X_GLXSwapBuffers)
Serial number of failed request: 1332
Current serial number in output stream: 1332

What to try now?

Definitely go look at my post on page 6. I'm currently also running an x64_86 Arch build and I did exactly what my post said and it worked just fine. If you get a couple more errors, check my few fixes at the bottom of my post.
Baspar
libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We can solve easily this error. In temrinal, do "sudo updatedb" ( If you have installed Sudo ,otherwise tape " updatedb" only ) and " locate libmpg123.so" and post here the return.

But Opengl doesn't work, play only with DirectX.
If you don't want reinstall it, remove the file osu!.yourname.cfg in osu's folder

@miikkak: well, I've same trouble, but i play on 1x speed ^^' TRy with "sudo xset m X Y " ( choose X and Y like this: if you move your cursor for more than X pixels, multiply speed per Y)
ELEKA22
Hi, I have tried to install Osu! ubuntu 1 month, I could do, uninstalling ubuntu 3 times. But now that I installed (with problems in "Publishing Information") to achieve open (Direct3D only) without major graphics problems. Except that when I try to play, the music does not sound and when I skip, the top bar is intact it does not matter, I can move, etc. But it is strange :( .

PD: My problem is that the circles do not then appear (or fruits, etc), I mean the game is stopped :| .

My Pc:
Ubuntu :) 10.10 Amd Athlon (I use Wine for Ubuntu)
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
1GB RAM ....
Wine: 1.2.1 (peer outdated) :D

HEEEEEEELP!

Translate by Google Translate (Spanish > English)
anonymous_old
OSU! IS NOT SUPPORTED ON UBUNTU. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
ELEKA22

strager wrote:

OSU! IS NOT SUPPORTED ON UBUNTU. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
ok, not supported, but may be, there is a page of Osu! in WineHQ.org that has no administrator, perhaps a programmer to make a port.

Q.Q
Baspar

ELEKA22 wrote:

Wine: 1.2.1 (peer outdated) :D
You can start with that: today, it's wine-1.3.8

Check if you have installed:
dotnet20
corefonts
gdiplus
( Those three with winetricks)

If the probleme is again present, write us issues you've got in terminal.

quote]
OSU! IS NOT ( officially) SUPPORTED ON UBUNTU[/quote]

If you don't know what to do, don't pollute this topic ;)
SpacemanSpiff
Make sure you are running alsa and winetricked everything I've mentioned a few times, it fixes any lag and encoding issues. If you still have sound issues, try using oss maybe. I use alsa in wine with aoss, so I don't usually have issues.
Angealy
Now i have a windows based computer, I have tired Ubuntu once or twice but haven't toyed around with it enough i guess.

Linux seems to advanced for me, I'd still like to try this but not on my main.
seidis
I try to install Osu on ubuntu 10.10 try many ways... but nothing... Linux Mint 10 - Osu work.

But I've got one problem... when I start play the song there are no music....T_T
SatoXYN
Some thoughts:
Chopping sound is a kernel issue. When i was running stock ubuntu 2.6.35 everything was fine, when I installed liquorix kernel the sound was choppy sometimes and OSU in this time was freezed(that's very, very enraged me). Now i'm running 2.6.37 with ck-patchset(BFS as a scheduler), with preemption and with 1000hz timer, everything is much smoother now(I can compile something in 4 threads and play osu with no lags).

All you need to run osu is dotnet20, gdiplus, corefonts, fontfix and fontsmooth-rgb.
Make sure you have selected ALSA with hardware acceleration in wine config.
Also I set my mouse polling interval to 250hz because 100hz is slow for me. Just added in /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid.conf:
options usbhid mousepoll=4

I have ALSA and no pulseaudio so I got minimum latency.

If you like windows mouse acceleration way then try to use:
Device Accel Profile (249): 0
Device Accel Constant Deceleration (250): 1.000000
Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (251): 1.000000
(these can be adjusted in xinput)
distractedninja
Hey everyone,

I used winetricks to install dotnet20 and corefonts, and I tried installing osu! with wine but it crashes at the "Publishing product information" step; wasn't sure if there was a specific fix for this. Attempting to run osu! after this error gives a "File not found" error dialog.

I tried copying over a working installation from my Windows system hoping it would have all the files but no luck, same error.

Any ideas?
show more