forum

Modding assistant [closed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Underforest
I want to report an error

1. When at Easy and Normal there's sliders and circles placed in blue tick, the assistant mark this as "unspanned" when is not
  2. When I use on a map "inputoverlay-key.png", the assistant mark this file as "unused" when is used really for key overlay
Not big but will be nice to see this fixed
Topic Starter
Sieg

Underforest wrote:

When at Easy and Normal there's sliders and circles placed in blue tick, the assistant mark this as "unspanned" when is not

right, there is something needs to be clarified, thanks for the feedback

Snapping

1. Select difficulty.
2. You can see snapping check values.
The first bar
is the maximum value to check snapping for 1/1 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 snapping beat divisor
The second bar
is the maximum value to check snapping for 1/1 1/3 1/6 1/12 snapping beat divisor.

i.e. with this
settings all notes snapped to 1/4 1/8 1/16 1/6 1/12 will be listed as unsnapped.

You can recheck snapping with different values, just set what you need as maximum and press apply.

Why so complicated? To give you ability to check for a possible misplaced objects for lower difficulties, or get list for example for all 1/12 snapped objects in higher difficulties to check manually while modding if they appropriate. etc

There are default values taken from guidelines, for example for easy they will be 1/2 for x4 and 1/1 for x3 divisors. Thus if object listed as unsnapped you should check values if they work right with difficulty level\bpm and change them if necessary. And after that check if snapping is used correctly in the difficulty.
Topic Starter
Sieg

Underforest wrote:

When I use on a map "inputoverlay-key.png", the assistant mark this file as "unused" when is used really for key overlay
uh, Input Overlay set with skin sets check will be fixed\implemented with the next update. Thanks for reporting. :3

btw this can be fixed manually at the moment by adding input overlay set into "modding assistant skins.ini " http://puu.sh/owgsg/adb3d7d134.ini
Lasse

Lasse wrote:

Same problem here with the latest version.
The version I used before (with the old ui) always worked fine
The only solution for me seems to be keeping the downloaded zip file and replacing all files, as soon as it breaks.
After that it works fine for some time but seems to break again after restarting my pc
Windows 7 btw, .Net stuff should be up-to-date
oh I found the source of it, nothing actually related to your tool
I always extracted the archive into my osu folder and apparently osu likes to delete those dll files, which is why it stopped working after restarting the game.
Works perfectly fine now after I moved it to a different folder

Also: It says "raitings" instead of "ratings" in the general tab :d
Topic Starter
Sieg
cruel peppy >_<

thanks for reporting
Topic Starter
Sieg
eh... I'm sorry guys but I don't have much free time this summer so :( slow on updates and features promised

small update here:

+difficulty strains for all game mods
+star rating for all game mods
+pp calculation for the std mode
+hyperdashes list for the ctb mode

*star rating calculations more accurate
*minor bug with osb filename fixed
*few ui fixes

screenshots:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/418826

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/315436
Kibbleru
omg you added the names and mod tracking

marry me plez
Topic Starter
Sieg
sorry guys, gotta drop hotfix for the ctb snapshots processing :(

+approximate pp calculations for the ctb, taiko, mania
+link to this thread's OP in the settings tab for quick help on functions\overview

*ctb snapshots fix
Shohei Ohtani
nice
Topic Starter
Sieg
sorry for the inconveniences, thanks for the report

*bug fix with sometimes sliderslides being detected wrong (unused hitsounds)
Mafumafu
my antivirus reports there's virus in 1.5.7 lol
it works fine with 1.5.6 though
Topic Starter
Sieg
dunno, it's false-positive
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5b28 ... /analysis/

Qihoo-360 sometimes reacts strange ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
JBHyperion
Reports an error:

"<hitsound>.wav processing error: Unsupported sourceStream format"

when analysing mapsets with "low bitrate" hitsounds (71kbps in the mapset I just checked, the hitsound was a short kick drum sound which I have used before with no issues) - is this something to be concerned about?
Topic Starter
Sieg

JBHyperion wrote:

Reports an error:

"<hitsound>.wav processing error: Unsupported sourceStream format"

when analysing mapsets with "low bitrate" hitsounds (71kbps in the mapset I just checked, the hitsound was a short kick drum sound which I have used before with no issues) - is this something to be concerned about?
uhm,
this error means MA was unable to read wave from this file properly (may happen ?maybe? on 32-bit IEEE, I'll look in details on this).
Error will result in 100% inability to detect this wave file possible delay, and maybe (not sure, need to check all this types) in some cases this wave file length.

Thanks for reporting, I'll try to get a solution for this soon.
Topic Starter
Sieg
boring day...

+Taiko difficulties preview, very simple but maybe somewhat helpful with some time economy while modding

OzzyOzrock
holy SHIT
Raiden
HOLY FUCK
DakeDekaane
This is just... awesome.

Sieg can have my babies.
Endaris
Wow.
Time to mod some Taiko.
OnosakiHito
FINALLY, I approve *thumbs up*

Edit: Just a little design request. Would be great if kiai is shown as well and that's it. I'm sure many of us appreciate already what you have done for us. Let me thank you for that sincerely, Sieg.
Okoratu
woah, neat.
qoot8123
wow, nice! :)
ghm12
I love you due this feature.
Aldwych
my fucking YES!!
-Tochi
woah
Underforest
cool :)
Topic Starter
Sieg
wow, thanks guys but I don't really got all the hype here, it's not an editor or anything really related, it's not easy and handy to use either. Let's hope that osu!LAZER branch release "within the next month"(c) (I'm extremely excited about that) will bring something useful to the editor mode.
Endaris
Just checking difficulty progression in spreads without much effort is very valuable in Taiko as it's a lot more continous than in std. You will often keep 80% of the lower diff intact and add stuff in the next diff instead of approaching the map anew with a different mindset.
Now you can evaluate the diffspread in like 1min when before you had to check all diffs individually and go in and out of diffs to compare stuff and I'm sure the competent Taiko modders can make even more use of that feature than I can think of spontaneously.
Surono
finale tacos salvation *L_*
SKSalt
Modding taiko maps is easier than before :)
Volta
yessss
TicClick
ты классный
Stefan
My pants are on fire because of this.

Well done!
nakanotsu nimi
Taiko difficulties preview zoom in is slow :c
kouzuki_karen
this is minor but you spelt "ratings" incorrectly:

that aside though, good job on the tool! Being able to look over a map spread for taiko helps a lot in modding and mapping.
Bara-
The same as Experimental in the spread-function (Experemental is what you wrote)
Mafumafu
Does this mean the hitsound format is unrankable? http://puu.sh/pOpc9/3cf40a6492.png
Topic Starter
Sieg
thanks for the reports guys

@Regraz no, this happens on 32 Bit IEEE float format, there is no rules on rc regarding wave file formats. The only consequence is that MA will unable to detect possible delay for that hitsound.
riffy
http://bakarisu.s-ul.eu/FRXBDlSe.zip

Looks like the DL link is down these days. Here's a back-up
Endaris
Would DL malware from Bakari's account anytime again.
Thanks for providing the link, currently not on my home PC and felt like needing this right now.
show more