forum

4k Players can't gain PP. So here is my solution for this.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kamikaze
why pepole are still posting here
Bobbias
Chyo-Kun, you can always create dump charts for hard 4k. It's a shame they're so looked down upon compared to technical charts.
Tifyron
Isn't the entire key # discussion pointless with SR as fucked up as it is?

As long as you can just add bogus notes you can make whatever star diff you like, look through https://osu.ppy.sh/b/770127&m=3 if you need an example.

Best to just ignore ranked completely, 'till SR gets overhauled (sometime next century.. maybe).
Max Schradin
Just deal with the fact that o!m is not a 4K only game
JamesHappy

extase wrote:

Just deal with the fact that o!m is not a 4K only game
This
bakadam

-Kamikaze- wrote:

mr r3trd pls. stfu and gtf get the fooh
Kamikaze

bakadam wrote:

-Kamikaze- wrote:

dude I haven't laughed that hard since last week, thanks
Hinpoppo

bakadam wrote:

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Teach me your language please qAq
Evening
Kamikaze
>me irl
spoonguy
i love this thread
_underjoy
get dunked lmao
nebbii
4k and 7k are both for bad players play 14k you fucking scrubs

buy a piano
PouletFurtif

Tidek wrote:

Cuppp wrote:

4k? Play stepmania
7k? Play lr2 or o2jam

There you can get a real sense of how shit you really are at rhythm games from playing osu and that rank doesn't matter.
What? If you are good at 4k here, you will be on the same level at 4k in stepmania, same in 7k here and LR2. Rank here doesnt matter because unfortunately its not seperated by keymodes.
LR2's 7k = osu's 8k
There's no 8k in osu
LR2 > osu confirmed

I want official Dan Courses.
_Kemo
Ranking hard 4k maps won't help much because most 7k players can do an OK job in 4k, whereas 4k players are usually able to play very few, if not none, of the 7k hard maps. Then you add the PP up and 4k players are still disadvantaged.

Not to mention that speaking of quantity, there are far more ranked 4k maps than 7k maps. I remember that there's a time point that out of the 20 or something qualified maps only 3 of them are 7k.

Seriously, learn different key modes and enjoy the game. I sometimes wonder that what does "7k player" even mean. To me there are only players who "only play 4k" and who "play 4k as well as other key modes."

lol
Valedict
jesus christ who cares let this piece of shit thread die
Frustration
what are you talking about this is the best thread of my life
Hestia-

[Crz]Kemo wrote:

Not to mention that speaking of quantity, there are far more ranked 4k maps than 7k maps. I remember that there's a time point that out of the 20 or something qualified maps only 3 of them are 7k.
This isn't true-- There are more ranked 7K maps than 4K. It may be true that recently most of the maps that are getting ranked are 4K though.

And it's rare to have a 7K player who can play 4K at the same level as people who actually specialize in it...
abraker

-Hanatan wrote:

I think QAT's should rank more 4k maps with higher stars
Meanwhile, 5 months ago:
t/342178

Are we going to go back and forth on which keymode is lacking maps every half year or so?
OpenSource
except the fact that 4k pp is ridiculously overvalued at this current state
only reason why 4k players dont really shine is due to the fact that most 7k players can play decently at 4k and farm dat pp while most 4k players cant play 7k at all
juankristal
With some disscusion allready made here I think this is enought. There is a thread in this section of the forum to post feedback and suggestions for the pp system in osu!mania.
If you want to discuss, be sure to do it in the Performance Points feedback and suggestions (osu!mania) thread next time.

I am locking this.