forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nathanael
You might have changed the range of the star difficulty you can see at options.
Riven 2
So since the new update you have the options called DEBUG
I ticked the first 2 and the last one and all my frame drops-cursor lag is gone
It did for my friend as well I hope that helps :D
peppy
it doesn't help. keep trial-and-erroring until you find the *one* option helping reduce lag. three options means nothing.
Riven 2
OK ok I will try my best :D
TakuMii
I'm no longer having the strange input lag behaviour with the NoAsyncReads toggle, but I now seem to be getting less input lag (with about 70% of the framerate) with ForceGLFlush enabled.

(also, I know this has been reported ages ago, but I'm still getting stutters when running DisplayFusion in the background... here's my performance.log if it helps)
Blueness
With ForceGLFlush enabled, It seems the lags disappeared and FPS is looking good:3
Thanks for fix the bug.
peppy
Are you sure it actually helps? You need to test enabling and disabling several times, for long periods of playing to make sure it's actually the case.
TakuMii
I'm not sure about the lag spikes (the setting doesn't seem to affect whether I get them or not), but I've been playing around with ForceGLFlush for past little while, off and on in several different maps, and it does actually make a noticeable improvement in input latency when it's enabled.
peppy
How much of a difference are we talking? "maybe helped a bit" or "holy shit i can't live without this change!"?
TakuMii

peppy wrote:

How much of a difference are we talking? "maybe helped a bit" or "holy shit i can't live without this change!"?
I wouldn't exactly say it's life-changing, but I found myself having a lot easier time with aim-intensive maps with it enabled. In some cases, it's even the difference between passing and failing.
VeilStar
https://osudev.slack.com/archives/cutti ... 5524000493

-Tetris- wrote:

i just found a bug i think... the bonus sound on spinners are bugged, in spinner only maps (20s spinner f.ex.) they work but on maps with other hitsounds they aren't working for me, but only since this version of cuttingedge, just thought i'll throw this in here :3
So yeah, the spinnerbonus sound doesn't play anymore since the latest update which is b201511.2cuttingedge.
Mr HeliX
Weird thing is that the spinnerbonus sound does play in some maps though, for example Rubiks Cube. Although in most maps it indeed doesn't play anymore :S
luka-devnull
Not an issue, but I wanted to report that Debug_ForceGLFlush fixed an issue that I've been having for months where osu! freezes up the GUI completely when it reaches 100% GPU utilization. I'm using wine-staging 1.7.54 on Arch Linux x86_64 kernel 4.2.6.201511122040-1-grsec
I meant to try it with the regular ARCH kernel to see what the GPU looked like during play (grsec disables /sys/kernel/debug for obvious reasons), but I've been too busy playing a bunch of new beatmaps :D

You guys have NO idea how bad I've been itching to play osu!. Thank you so very much for this debug feature.
peppy

aus4000 wrote:

Not an issue, but I wanted to report that Debug_ForceGLFlush fixed an issue that I've been having for months where osu! freezes up the GUI completely when it reaches 100% GPU utilization. I'm using wine-staging 1.7.54 on Arch Linux x86_64 kernel 4.2.6.201511122040-1-grsec
I meant to try it with the regular ARCH kernel to see what the GPU looked like during play (grsec disables /sys/kernel/debug for obvious reasons), but I've been too busy playing a bunch of new beatmaps :D
You guys have NO idea how bad I've been itching to play osu!. Thank you so very much for this debug feature.

Thanks for the feedback. We've had a very small number of people mention improvements with flush enabled, so we are looking at making it a permanent (advanced) setting.
Equim
t/385741
I found this issue in the latest cutting edge only.
peppy
already reported above?
Riven 2
OK after trying the New DeBugs options for a while the option called Debug_ForceGLFlush is the one that removes the cursor lag and also the Debug_GCLowLatency makes the cursor feel even smoother but ForceGLFlush does most of the job. :3
peppy
Debug_GCLowLatency cannot change the cursor.
Riven 2
Well it looked smoother cause I made the cursor smaller I guess..
infr4
what happened last update.

is 20151115.2cuttingedge official version?

-
on main menu, move point current play song not work. button is gone.

-
on song select menu, play sound less than 10%

-
play any mode will crash osu
Perklone
http://puu.sh/lmkX7.jpg
i got this when i started Osu! after updating.
Perklone

infr4 wrote:

what happened last update.

is 20151115.2cuttingedge official version?

-
on main menu, move point current play song not work. button is gone.

-
on song select menu, play sound less than 10%
i also having this issue.
- Marco -
Latest cuttingedge is broken :(

Feerum

[-R1] wrote:

Me too :x
Trosk-
We are aware of this. It will be fixed soon. For now you can change to Beta by holding Shift while opening osu!, select Beta and then repair osu!. This problem will be fixed soon.
infr4
i saw 20151115.6cuttingedge version. but i updated that.

oO

-
seems like back to 20151115.1cuttingedge
japanese maid
Trosk-

Notify wrote:

[-R1] wrote:

Is this actually real?
I don't see why Peppy or anyone else would add this to the client if it's actually real.
Pretty weird though.
It is. Anyways, it should be fine already.
Ner0
Hello, i got a problem today that was not there before a new update of Windows 10, before i had normal fps and could run it easily. Now, since that update, my fps dropped like a waterfall from like 1.6ms in beatmap song to 7-8 ms in beatmap song.This is happening in all 4 versions of osu which is odd and also this doesnt happen in any other game.

Here's some screenshots of the problem i have.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969637

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969657

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969658

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969696

MY specs aren't the problem since i have i7 4720HQ and GTX960M All with updated drivers
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Did you try restarting your computer since the update?
Ner0
yes i did try that, first thing i did
Ciuriya
ForceGLFlush and NoAsyncReads together have fixed my stutters, the stutters reappear if either of those options are unchecked, haven't gotten any more stutters since they are checked.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I don't know why a windows update would affect osu! in that way. If it's a constant frame time difference then something on your computer is taking up more CPU time since the update. Check for active processes for the source.
peppy
You don't see how a windows update could cause issues? What?

- After a windows update, many system services spend minutes or hours rebuilding indexes (.NET rebuilds its compilation cache, SearchIndexer will update etc.)
- New drivers may have been installed over existing better drivers. Check on them.

Almost certainly case #1 though.
peppy

Smc wrote:

ForceGLFlush and NoAsyncReads together have fixed my stutters, the stutters reappear if either of those options are unchecked, haven't gotten any more stutters since they are checked.

have you checked both of these separately multiple times?
Ner0
i did try that and doesnt change anything. Also i have everything updated.
peppy
NoAsyncReads has zero effect during gameplay. You must be doing something weird.
Ner0
so you're saying i have no solution
peppy
I'm saying the windows update may be at fault, but you'll need to figure out the problem on your own. This is not the thread for it (since it is not an osu! issue).
Ner0
i do think its an osu issue sicne this doesnt happne in nowhere else, ull keep you guys update.
show more