forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Denro
@Peppy, Seems like it is fixed now, thanks a lot. :) No more connection issues while playing the game!
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Temporarily change net code to attempt to fix stuttering experienced by some. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151112.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Nokui
Frame drops in CE

Log http://pastebin.com/nEnpKCdg

I can play for about 10 minutes Before my frame drops from Normal To 30-50 fps and heavy lag
peppy
@Nokui is this new behaviour?
Nokui
Can't really say I took a few weeks off to stydy(since the 21/10/15). Updated and started playing today and this happened
peppy
It looks to be a common issue, if you are also experiencing very high cpu usage alongside (please check).
d4sh_old_1
same, cant play more than 10 mins (80-100% cpu usage on osu)
got perfect pc, yesterday all was fine
Nokui
I am getting high CPU usage, Guess I'll go to beta for a wile since it seems to be fine there.
d4sh_old_1
btw got same lags in cuttingedge
BanchoBot
  1. Fix infinite exception hell (high CPU usage). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151112.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
xLolicore-

Nokui wrote:

I am getting high CPU usage, Guess I'll go to beta for a wile since it seems to be fine there.
Can confirm high CPU usage, also got it. Sometimes it's at 43% but most of the time it just spikes up to 97% (highest so far)
FPS lag issue fixed just then while I was typing this up, same goes to the CPU usage, thanks peppy.
Blueness
I still feel worried about the latest cuttingedge...

The osu! overall lag issue haven't solved yet, and I made a video about this. You can see the bottom right, the lags become more serious at the end of gameplay

The lags exist in all mods: None, HR, DT...

If you can't see the video try to download

Here is the performance.log

My cpu, gpu and memory are good enough...
BanchoBot
  1. Show warning notifications when debug toggles are enabled. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151113.7cuttingedge.

BasedJammy
Following the recent update the stuttering effect is much less noticeable even when outside of Compatibility Mode. It's still there, but osu is definitely playable.

http://pastebin.com/aQuHai4g

Here's praying for a full fix
peppy
We still have some ideas on how to fix the remaining stuttering! If you have the time, make sure to join us on public slack. We need every single person who can still replicate it around for testing.
Destino
when i update to any version ( except fallback) i can only play song with less then 5 stars. how can i fix this?
Nathanael
You might have changed the range of the star difficulty you can see at options.
SutiBu
So since the new update you have the options called DEBUG
I ticked the first 2 and the last one and all my frame drops-cursor lag is gone
It did for my friend as well I hope that helps :D
peppy
it doesn't help. keep trial-and-erroring until you find the *one* option helping reduce lag. three options means nothing.
SutiBu
OK ok I will try my best :D
TakuMii
I'm no longer having the strange input lag behaviour with the NoAsyncReads toggle, but I now seem to be getting less input lag (with about 70% of the framerate) with ForceGLFlush enabled.

(also, I know this has been reported ages ago, but I'm still getting stutters when running DisplayFusion in the background... here's my performance.log if it helps)
Blueness
With ForceGLFlush enabled, It seems the lags disappeared and FPS is looking good:3
Thanks for fix the bug.
peppy
Are you sure it actually helps? You need to test enabling and disabling several times, for long periods of playing to make sure it's actually the case.
TakuMii
I'm not sure about the lag spikes (the setting doesn't seem to affect whether I get them or not), but I've been playing around with ForceGLFlush for past little while, off and on in several different maps, and it does actually make a noticeable improvement in input latency when it's enabled.
peppy
How much of a difference are we talking? "maybe helped a bit" or "holy shit i can't live without this change!"?
TakuMii

peppy wrote:

How much of a difference are we talking? "maybe helped a bit" or "holy shit i can't live without this change!"?
I wouldn't exactly say it's life-changing, but I found myself having a lot easier time with aim-intensive maps with it enabled. In some cases, it's even the difference between passing and failing.
VeilStar
https://osudev.slack.com/archives/cutti ... 5524000493

-Tetris- wrote:

i just found a bug i think... the bonus sound on spinners are bugged, in spinner only maps (20s spinner f.ex.) they work but on maps with other hitsounds they aren't working for me, but only since this version of cuttingedge, just thought i'll throw this in here :3
So yeah, the spinnerbonus sound doesn't play anymore since the latest update which is b201511.2cuttingedge.
Mr HeliX
Weird thing is that the spinnerbonus sound does play in some maps though, for example Rubiks Cube. Although in most maps it indeed doesn't play anymore :S
luka-devnull
Not an issue, but I wanted to report that Debug_ForceGLFlush fixed an issue that I've been having for months where osu! freezes up the GUI completely when it reaches 100% GPU utilization. I'm using wine-staging 1.7.54 on Arch Linux x86_64 kernel 4.2.6.201511122040-1-grsec
I meant to try it with the regular ARCH kernel to see what the GPU looked like during play (grsec disables /sys/kernel/debug for obvious reasons), but I've been too busy playing a bunch of new beatmaps :D

You guys have NO idea how bad I've been itching to play osu!. Thank you so very much for this debug feature.
peppy

aus4000 wrote:

Not an issue, but I wanted to report that Debug_ForceGLFlush fixed an issue that I've been having for months where osu! freezes up the GUI completely when it reaches 100% GPU utilization. I'm using wine-staging 1.7.54 on Arch Linux x86_64 kernel 4.2.6.201511122040-1-grsec
I meant to try it with the regular ARCH kernel to see what the GPU looked like during play (grsec disables /sys/kernel/debug for obvious reasons), but I've been too busy playing a bunch of new beatmaps :D
You guys have NO idea how bad I've been itching to play osu!. Thank you so very much for this debug feature.

Thanks for the feedback. We've had a very small number of people mention improvements with flush enabled, so we are looking at making it a permanent (advanced) setting.
Equim
t/385741
I found this issue in the latest cutting edge only.
peppy
already reported above?
SutiBu
OK after trying the New DeBugs options for a while the option called Debug_ForceGLFlush is the one that removes the cursor lag and also the Debug_GCLowLatency makes the cursor feel even smoother but ForceGLFlush does most of the job. :3
peppy
Debug_GCLowLatency cannot change the cursor.
SutiBu
Well it looked smoother cause I made the cursor smaller I guess..
infr4
what happened last update.

is 20151115.2cuttingedge official version?

-
on main menu, move point current play song not work. button is gone.

-
on song select menu, play sound less than 10%

-
play any mode will crash osu
Perklone
http://puu.sh/lmkX7.jpg
i got this when i started Osu! after updating.
Perklone

infr4 wrote:

what happened last update.

is 20151115.2cuttingedge official version?

-
on main menu, move point current play song not work. button is gone.

-
on song select menu, play sound less than 10%
i also having this issue.
- Marco -
Latest cuttingedge is broken :(

Feerum

[-R1] wrote:

http://puu.sh/lmkX7.jpg
i got this when i started Osu! after updating.
Me too :x
show more