forum

Jenny's Beatmapping Theorisms

posted
Total Posts
show more
AmaiHachimitsu

inverness wrote:

ilu have my babies
edit: Why not General Questions subforum (considering most guides are there and not here as G&R is all about gameplay)
There is a subforum in Gameplay & Rankings called mapping techniques, but seems that neither mods or OP are clever enough as to notice it and do something.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Few things to note:

1. The "Mapping Techniques" subforum is pretty much dead and unfrequented in this day and age and pretty much only saves as a library of sorts to send people to, so I posted in this one since it's a more general thing and going a bit further than just briefly introducing one way of (optical) patterning at once which is why I believe it'd be out of place in there
  2. I'd rather not have any unneeded passive-aggressive insults in my thread because that is what the previous post looks like to me - might be wrong, might be correct, but I'd rather not have it either way
  3. I would also much rather not have my (opening) posts edited without either being asked nor notified about it happening - if you feel like something is redundant, useless or just not contributing to anything, notify me; as long as there's no rule violation I would see no reason to change around within another person's post and thread like this - a poll is an easy way to check at least whether a few people/how many exactly have bothered giving a vote to it, presumably also reading the thread, so it's still serving as an indicator for me to see where I stand with this rather than just seing no posted responses and discontinuing the whole thing because of a lack of feedback in a time where people don't necessarily bother to explicitely state their opinion in an individual message and prefer the short option of just checking a box and clicking a button

Thanks for your understanding.
AmaiHachimitsu
Then look how your topic's theme matches the stuff posted in this forum. People come here for advice regarding gameplay, settings, playstyle, peripherials.

This subforum is relatively lively and probably many people read your post, but the topic doesn't really aim at the "audience" you would (?) really want to. If you're really going for a large amount of people reading this without any will to use it then I'm really disappointed. I hope you're not because it's like "I made a good thing, praise me pls"

Mapping Techniques isn't really dead (though I think it deserves more attention) and people seeking advice such as yours will fail to do that because the topic is in the wrong section.

Everything in this world has a place where it's supposed to be, people too.
Hard
Just want to say that this is awesome. Thank you!
xxdeathx
whoa interesting
D e s
hitsound for kiai time is usually louder than rest of the map ? or how do you determine volume of hitsound

*bad englsih sry yy
buny

Desu_p wrote:

hitsound for kiai time is usually louder than rest of the map ? or how do you determine volume of hitsound

*bad englsih sry yy
Whatever sounds good is what you should choose

Not every kiai time gets louder, it could get quieter too.
Kaitou Kid
This is good maybe i can improve my map :3
PatZar
Up up up
interesting ~
Kaguya Hourain
Hype hype hype
Maruyu
hype hype hype
Topic Starter
Jenny
Might get to write another entry in a while depending on how my hands' health develops.. wouldn't want to leave the thread unfinished as it is, so I'll try to think of how I want to put it now.
buny
First your legs now your hands :(

what would the next entry be about?
Topic Starter
Jenny

Jenny wrote:

effective distance vs editor distance snap (to come);
sliderbody 'illusional' spacing & leniency (to come);
dimensional/directional flow & motion, horizontal (swishing-turning/angling) vs vertical (pushing-pulling) movement, snap/"flow" implications (to come) - mouse, tablet, touchscreen differences and specifics
Silverboxer
SPOILER
Jenny's Mapping Tips = Jenny Mapping a Tip :lol:

don't mind me
winber1
what about mapping tits
Maeglwn
moved to correct forum

;D
Topic Starter
Jenny
  1. Added reference to my post on Genryuu Kaiko regarding slider leniency.
Endaris

Jenny wrote:

Spinner:

no click required, which means no initial pressure from the player but a consistent, quick circular motion
Not true. If you don't click your spins won't get counted therefore initial pressure is required.
And free bump cause gud thread.
Bara-
It is true
You don't need to click to clear it
You can click way before it and you can clear it
It's not that you need to click on the exact same moment it starts
This is why spinners have like no starting-emphasis, and thus often "require" a circle on the start (and the spinner to start a bit later)
Endaris
But unless the technique you mentioned is used I always press down on the start of a spinner, not way before even if I know that it's coming. The circle on top of it just enforces this behaviour.
I think this should still be worded differently as you have to tap a button at some point and hold it down contrary to "no click required".
man, I just searched for an excuse to bump this and now you're nazi'ing me q.q