forum

Whats so bad about dt pp maps?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Risa
Apparently idk how when ppl think of DT farming they think of speed and totally forgot that most DT farm maps are under 160BPM...
Speed... Right...

And apparently https://osu.ppy.sh/b/538404 HDHR 99.39 acc fc is 383pp
Genome HD DT SS is 370pp
pp is balanced lmao
Oh well it's opinions i guess
chainpullz

Reset- wrote:

Apparently idk how when ppl think of DT farming they think of speed and totally forgot that most DT farm maps are under 160BPM...
Speed... Right...

And apparently https://osu.ppy.sh/b/538404 HDHR 99.39 acc fc is 383pp
Genome HD DT SS is 370pp
pp is balanced lmao
Oh well it's opinions i guess
You're comparing a map with 86% circles to one with 52% circles. Sliders get calculated as if it's od0 essentially.
ithgyu
people bash dt farm maps because the patterns are much easier than nomod maps that would give the same amount of pp.
-Makishima S-
You're comparing a map with 86% circles to one with 52% circles. Sliders get calculated as if it's od0 essentially.
Daidai HDDT SS - 370pp
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/429989 nomod SS - 372pp

"Balance is weakness"
timemon

[Taiga] wrote:

Daidai HDDT SS - 370pp
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/429989 nomod SS - 372pp

"Balance is weakness"
well it is 5.5* daidai is 6* (because science) and OD difference

EDIT: someone should make a daidai marathon where the song repeats 3 times. I wonder how high the pp will be rofl
Endaris

timemon wrote:

EDIT: someone should make a daidai marathon where the song repeats 3 times. I wonder how high the pp will be rofl
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/338205
timemon

Endaris wrote:

timemon wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/338205
>AR8.8
too long someone pls make a TV size out of that.

0/10
-Makishima S-
well it is 5.5* daidai is 6* (because science) and OD difference
well, then you should make better score on styx than daidai (becouse science).

0/10
Mahogany

Infevo wrote:

And 50% more speed in all regards. And higher AR than average no mod ar within the same star rating.

But if it comes down to choosng one. The pp mostly comes from the speed. Indisputable.
Uh, no. Most maps + DT that would give PP on par with my top ranks would be 180bpm-210bpm.

Which is the exact same range as nomod maps I would play for PP. AR9.67 isn't even difficult if you know AR9.
Roxy Lalonde
I don't think people have mentioned this... but speed changes are a heavy portion to what differentiates DT and nomod.

I've found that a lot of the average 5.5+ extras that I like to farm tend to feature rather large discrepancies in speed especially in maps where they decide not to make the sliders sanic fast (rendering them FAR slower than the rest of the map, jumps and streams and all).

Now I can't speak too well for DT because I can't read AR10.3 or get near-decent pp-worthy scores for 5.5+ star DT equivalents, but I imagine that the fact that DT boosts the overall speed of the map on a fundamentally less complex map, it increases the speed but it doesn't make the speed changes of the original diff much more dramatic than they already were.

I assume that DT usually allows for greater overall speed while nomod equivalent allows for less overall speed but greater control on speed changes.

In my opinion, pursuing DT and nomod together would be the best for practice, what's best for pp can be left on a personal basis.
Sh0keR
One day everyone will just farm hidden instead of DT, I still have hope
Topic Starter
vsprite

Mahogany wrote:

Infevo wrote:

And 50% more speed in all regards. And higher AR than average no mod ar within the same star rating.

But if it comes down to choosng one. The pp mostly comes from the speed. Indisputable.
Uh, no. Most maps + DT that would give PP on par with my top ranks would be 180bpm-210bpm.

Which is the exact same range as nomod maps I would play for PP. AR9.67 isn't even difficult if you know AR9.
I dont understand why you bash dt so much when hr is just as easy to get pp. Why would you limit yourself to only nomod and not play dt just because "some maps give high pp"? This is just being hipster, these songs are meant to be played for fun regardless of mods.
chainpullz

vsprite wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

I dont understand why you bash dt so much when hr is just as easy to get pp. Why would you limit yourself to only nomod and not play dt just because "some maps give high pp"? This is just being hipster, these songs are meant to be played for fun regardless of mods.
"Easy" is relative. It's not easy to get 99%+ OD10. If you can, however, then HR looks even more inflated than DT.

For instance, compare these 2 maps:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/737001 + DT SS = 217pp (5.23*)

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/87396 + HR SS = 214pp (4.15*)

People don't complain about HR because SS'ing a 4 minute map on OD10 is hard even if the map itself is easy. SS'ing an OD9 map is also difficult though not quite as much. The kicker is that we just compared a 1 minute map to a 4 minute map. SS'ing a 1 minute map takes substantially less retries than SS'ing a 4 minute long map.

Likewise, SS'ing a 90 second nomod map is pretty easy too especially since most of them are below od9 (and as a result give less pp as well). There are definitely nomod farm maps and they require less accuracy but better reading (in most cases). Likewise, if you have the acc then slapping HR on these provides for some pretty silly results as well.

DT maps are just more accessible because new players tend to lack the consistency to acc long maps and lack the reading for the average 5*+ pattern. 3.5* patterns sped up 1.5x however are within their skillset and with enough retries they can get the acc pretty high on them too.

There's nothing bad about dt pp maps. Farming them won't help improve your reading nearly as much as playing nomod maps but likewise farming nomod won't help you increase your speed or accuracy (on things you can read) as much as playing DT.

TL;DR people are just salty. If you frequented G&R a year ago you would see people bitching about HR pp on D&B maps and people calling Narrill's HDHR Dispel play overrated. If something is fotm and someone can't do it they'll flock to the forums to bitch about it.
-Ene-_old_1

Sh0keR wrote:

One day everyone will just farm hidden instead of DT, I still have hope
I might do this when I'm an old man and DT is too fast.
-Makishima S-

chainpullz wrote:

"Easy" is relative. It's not easy to get 99%+ OD10. If you can, however, then HR looks even more inflated than DT.
"Easy" - maps what require zero skill, just speed, without any complexity and diffucult patterns, what doesn't even force you to pay attention for reading and doesn't have any "traps" but gives tons of pp. They only overweight new player to point where he will complain "why i dont get pepe from insane maps" while he will have 20+ DT shitmap scores for ~90-120pp each and literaly zero skill to play difficult and complex insane maps in range of 4,5-5* nomod.

chainpullz wrote:

For instance, compare these 2 maps:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/737001 + DT SS = 217pp (5.23*)

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/87396 + HR SS = 214pp (4.15*)

People don't complain about HR because SS'ing a 4 minute map on OD10 is hard even if the map itself is easy. SS'ing an OD9 map is also difficult though not quite as much. The kicker is that we just compared a 1 minute map to a 4 minute map. SS'ing a 1 minute map takes substantially less retries than SS'ing a 4 minute long map.
Both maps require kinds diffrent skillset. Not mention that Hishoku no Sora is kinda more complex and require constant attention on this what you are doing.
SSing 1 min map is way easier than SSing 4 min map.
But - making 98-99% acc on maps like Best Friends long version with DT actualy require good skillset and consistency.
Most of DT maps what are OD9.6/OD10.3 require skill and especialy trained finger control.
Personaly i am mostly talking about maps what can be played by a monkey and still SSed / 1x100. I think Maho is on same thinking way.
Take a point on this.

chainpullz wrote:

Likewise, SS'ing a 90 second nomod map is pretty easy too especially since most of them are below od9 (and as a result give less pp as well). There are definitely nomod farm maps and they require less accuracy but better reading (in most cases). Likewise, if you have the acc then slapping HR on these provides for some pretty silly results as well.
Nomod require high acc to give proper pp. Like you said, they have lower OD so you need to push your acc to the edge.

chainpullz wrote:

DT maps are just more accessible because new players tend to lack the consistency to acc long maps and lack the reading for the average 5*+ pattern. 3.5* patterns sped up 1.5x however are within their skillset and with enough retries they can get the acc pretty high on them too.
In my opinion (as i also tryed DT and i tend to play it from time to time) - till 5*+ OD9.6/10.3 (with DT) maps, everything below just overweight you a lot. For example Setting Sail, hard map... let's be honest - most ridiculus free pp what player can get, essence of abusment for DT without any complexity worth almost 100pp for... nothing. Here we are, ofcourse they are accessible and they are way easier but they gives only pp and from my own experience as sometimes i jump to multi rooms, overweighted player who farm pp via DT at my rank cannot even pass insane maps with more complexity which at least for me - they are like daily basis due playing only nomod. From other side, this players are always way faster than me and can play way higer BPM (becouse logic).

chainpullz wrote:

TL;DR people are just salty. If you frequented G&R a year ago you would see people bitching about HR pp on D&B maps and people calling Narrill's HDHR Dispel play overrated. If something is fotm and someone can't do it they'll flock to the forums to bitch about it.
I don't care about DT maps with complexity which require skill, if you can high acc fc them, you actualy have skill to play them.
I am just salty about some maps which are made pure for pp without any complexity but gives equal pp to truly hard-to-play maps (Setting Sail Insane HDDT gives same pp like maffalada gangsta SS nomod...... logic?).

Just my opinion into discussion.
Endaris

[Taiga] wrote:

(Setting Sail Insane HDDT gives same pp like maffalada gangsta SS nomod...... logic?).
Not Setting Sail's bad that Gangsta is being kept down by jumps to sliders.
NixXSkate
oops
Mahogany

vsprite wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

I disagree. It's rather difficult to get decent HR PP at a mid and low level because you need very good accuracy to get decent PP from it compared to just playing nomod, and my whole point is that at a mid level DT maps are just inflated PP simplified nomods.

Playing HR, the maps retain their complexity and the smaller CS and higher AR are very extreme to someone who does not practice the mod, hence it's actually difficult to get proper HR PP. Meanwhile, anyone can play DT because it's basically nomod that arbitrarily gives far higher PP because of increased OD.
-Makishima S-
Where did you get that number? I thought OD8+DT was OD9.66
Linked map before this.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/289108

OD: 8.42 with DT
OD6 + DT = OD8.42
balldoowell
Because after 4 months of grinding dt anything less than ar10 is "too slow" and you end up in a vicious cycle where you gotta go fast looking for your next high or else your eyes fall out
E m i

balldoowell wrote:

Because after 4 months of grinding dt anything less than ar10 is "too slow" and you end up in a vicious cycle where you gotta go fast looking for your next high or else your eyes fall out
Not if you dt ar7 180bpm maps xd
buny
It's hilarious reading posts from 5 digit players complaining about over weighted scores, and then making the most bias comparison of maps (maps they probably can't even finish), discrediting anybody with those scores.

But what do I know, I'm just a filthy mid ranked dt farmer that doesn't understand the struggles of the lower ranked nomod community, sorry for making you go down a rank
Risa
Plz enjoy game
chainpullz

buny wrote:

It's hilarious reading posts from 5 digit players complaining about over weighted scores, and then making the most bias comparison of maps (maps they probably can't even finish), discrediting anybody with those scores.

But what do I know, I'm just a filthy mid ranked dt farmer that doesn't understand the struggles of the lower ranked nomod community, sorry for making you go down a rank
Filthy HR farmer, I have my eyes on you. >:(
ZenithPhantasm
play more
plz enjoy game
dont think push buttons believe
post less
timemon

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

play more
plz enjoy game
post less
dont forget to git gud
chainpullz

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

play more
plz enjoy game
post less
as long as we have circles to click, no anger shall harm us

^^^^^
In memorial of our fallen hero
buny

chainpullz wrote:

Filthy HR farmer, I have my eyes on you. >:(
nice photoshop
Mahogany
Buny why do you always sound pissed off when you talk about DT
NixXSkate
Because people complain that it's broken even though players above rank 1500 will think otherwise, but the players below that rank will continue to think that DT is broken for all the players.

Everytime I hear someone say that hvick is a "filthy DT farmer" I want to smack the shit out of them
-Makishima S-

buny wrote:

Cba to discuss with you, don't want to get braindamage right now. Cut this already when you don't read a shit but complain like a little bitch. Nothing inteligent to add for discussion... EoT for me, tough it will end up with nice discussion but looks like it will never happend. Bye.

It always amaze me when high ranked player insteed of showing off some inteligent arguments and being a moral example for the rest turn into toxic shit like you, more, try to turn topic into toxic place by this. Then community complain about others being toxic when there is noone to show that you actualy don't need to be toxic and salty at all but discuss in human and intelligent way. Too hard for your little shitty brain, apperently.

//ignore, eot for me
Minhtam

NixXSkate wrote:

Because people complain that it's broken even though players above rank 1500 will think otherwise, but the players below that rank will continue to think that DT is broken for all the players.

Everytime I hear someone say that hvick is a "filthy DT farmer" I want to smack the shit out of them
No, there's a good reason for that - at Insane and Expert difficulties, DT and HR are pretty balanced in terms of PP. However, at the Hard difficulty, a SS on a Hard difficulty song (that would be 2.5-2.6* at no-mod) would give way too much PP compared to a SS on a no-mod 4.1-4.2* map. So on the Hard difficulty range, DT is heavily overweighted, which gives the player base that think "DT is broken" justification that it actually is. And wouldn't you know it - the majority of players that religiously play this game would be in the Hard difficulty range.

I know better, since I know OD plays a huge role in how PP is allocated, but just because I know that doesn't mean that other people do. It just frustrates me sometimes since the PP system is designed to ensure that PP allocation remains balanced when comparing the most difficult maps. As a result, balancing the PP system for the Hard difficulty range would most likely never ever happen.
Mahogany
Personally I haven't seen any people claim that DT is OP at a high level at all.
buny
I'm perfectly calm, thank you. Since we're not addressing the main topic and simply going by pure ad hominem, why don't I do the same?

1. You don't want to get brain damaged? Look at the way you type, look at your avatar, and tell me you aren't suffering from the worlds largest brain tumour.

2. Complaining? I'm not complaining about anything. I don't care what you low ranks think about rank or pp, I just find it hilarious that people that can't gain either yet complain about it

3. >inteligent
please, if you're gonna insult me about my intelligence, at least try to spell the word properly first

4. I don't think you know what toxic means, and is a word that is thrown around so much that it has lost all meaning.
If you want to talk to someone that is more than willing to wipe your ass, then I'm not the guy. In case you don't know, the OCE community is known to be extremely obscene in nature.

5. Ain't no salt here, the only salt you're perceiving is through your salt-tinted glasses, or your tears

6. little shitty brain? At least my little shitty brain could come up with an insult that doesn't look like a product of an autistic kid

Sorry, but I've learned not to take anyone with a pony avatar and spelling of a 12 year old seriously.
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

play more
plz enjoy game
post less
as long as we have circles to click, no anger shall harm us

^^^^^
In memorial of our fallen hero
rip binwer 2015 :((((
Reyvateil
ITT - people generalizing DT as the maps full of jumps and short bursts up to 210 BPM you can play for some pp if you have good accuracy.

As soon as a player start going above this range, specially if there are streams in the map the whole idea of "free pp" flies right out of the window. Playing these maps above 230 BPM isn't rewarding, I have some scores like Cherry My Heart, Harukaze Dance or Natsukoi Hanabi that aren't worth the effort I put into them pp-wise because going actually fast isn't worth as much as playing jump maps with high OD regardless of mods used.
chainpullz

Mikakage wrote:

jump maps with high OD regardless of mods used.
SHHH they can't handle the truth.
Mahogany

buny wrote:

I'm perfectly calm, thank you.
Calm, maybe, but you can be salty and calm at the same time, I dunno. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to make you happy.

buny wrote:

spelling of a 12 year old
ITT everyone is a native english speaker
nadavv
im sorry for necro-ing this thread but lets take these maps for example
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/38327 3.04* with DT SS worth 61pp length 0:55
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/361734 3.02* SS worth 32pp length 2:19
do you really think using DT on a 2.2* map takes that much more skill than doing a nomod map the same star rating as the other one on DT?
Yuudachi-kun
It takes more accuracy and accuracy = pp and skill

Also who the fuck thinks those maps are in any way relevant at that low a levle?
show more