forum

opsu! - an open-source osu! client (UNOFFICIAL)

posted
Total Posts
show more
rodrigez_BCL_

Hydrixel wrote:

it laggs soo much when spinners appear... but osudroid doesent have this problem.... :( :( :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Maybe its the OpenGL render, on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 it lags me but on my MetroPCs don't lags at all.
rodrigez_BCL_
It's on your future plan implement an online mode?
Howl

rodrigez_BCL_ wrote:

It's on your future plan implement an online mode?
We (me and euphyy) had a chat about this a few months ago. tl;dr of what he told me then: it would be pretty complicated to do. Although if a lot of people are willing to help, we can figure something out.
Xerath Solo Top
On opsu! android version, there's no hitsounds
i cant provide any logcat sorry.
Currently running CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) Sprout8 (Android One) Official Nightlies.
Sorry 4 my bad english XD
WasuraretaKioku

Xerath Solo Top wrote:

On opsu! android version, there's no hitsounds
i cant provide any logcat sorry.
Currently running CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) Sprout8 (Android One) Official Nightlies.
Sorry 4 my bad english XD

Fix for no hitsounds on CM12.1 / Android 5.1.1,
Go to Settings>Developer Options and find the option "Use AwesomePlayer (deprecated). Activate that then reboot.
Tadaaa~~~~ Problem Solved! (Don't forget to set the option "Disable All Sound Effects" to "No" on Opsu! Android.)
Hope it helps
Sorry for very bad english hahahaha
Xerath Solo Top
@WasuraretaKioku thank you! This actually solved my problem! You Rock XD!
Hot Loli
how can i play streams? (android)
chong601

Hot Loli wrote:

*facepalm*
just tap as fast as you can (or use a keyboard if you phone support USB On-the-Go)
Hot Loli

chong601 wrote:

Hot Loli wrote:

*facepalm*
just tap as fast as you can (or use a keyboard if you phone support USB On-the-Go)
ok, i'll rephrase my question. how can i stream with 2 fingers, not one. I tryed to play using one finger like a pen and two for tap but it didn't work. you advice me to play streams with 1 finger? mb you will advice me to play only mouse in pc version then?
Howl

Hot Loli wrote:

chong601 wrote:

*facepalm*
ok, i'll rephrase my question. how can i stream with 2 fingers, not one. I tryed to play using one finger like a pen and two for tap but it didn't work. you advice me to play streams with 1 finger? mb you will advice me to play only mouse in pc version then?
If you've got a screen big enough, you can try doing this.
chong601

Hot Loli wrote:

well only if you have big screen, then you can use 2 fingers to stream (7+ inch minimum, 10 inch recommended) or use a keyboard attached to your phone
Keep in mind because opsu-android have limitations that it only can register only one input at a time because ospu-android emulates touch input as mouse for now.
Hot Loli
Well then, i don't have tablet, just phone 4.7 inch. Waiting for another input method.
gintoki147
I love this project.
Personally, I think you should drop desktop support and focus only on the Android version. Too bad it's almost impossible to play streams on a touch screen. D:
Howl

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
Personally, I think you should drop desktop support and focus only on the Android version. Too bad it's almost impossible to play streams on a touch screen. D:
I think you got the point wrong here. There is one guy working on the PC version, which is opsu! itself, and another one who is working on opsu! for android. I think euphyy (the creator and mantainer of the PC version) would rather carry on working on it for the PC version, while leaving everything related to the android version to fluddokt, the guy working on the android port.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

Howl wrote:

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
I think you got the point wrong here. There is one guy working on the PC version, which is opsu! itself, and another one who is working on opsu! for android. I think euphyy (the creator and mantainer of the PC version) would rather carry on working on it for the PC version, while leaving everything related to the android version to fluddokt, the guy working on the android port.
It seems that fluddokt has been even busier than I have lately, which is why the Android version hasn't been getting as many updates. (I don't blame him, since porting my changes can't be very interesting...) But it's all open source, so really anyone can take over if they want to.

A technical issue is the way the Android version is written. To actually get the program running on Android, fluddokt had to switch the game engine from Slick2D (simple, dead, and desktop-only) to libGDX. But instead of porting the source code, which would've taken a very long time, he's "faking" the Slick2D API and replacing the implementation of all referenced methods with libGDX code. It works, as you can tell, but comes with these large problems:
  1. If someone updates the Slick2D code and calls Slick2D methods not yet "faked", all of those methods need to be rewritten as well (which isn't always easy, or even possible).
  2. If anyone continues developing the libGDX code with pure libGDX calls, the source code will be a mess of mixed Slick2D/libGDX and merging changes from the Slick2D code will get significantly harder.
  3. Some desktop code needs to be rewritten to work at all on Android, which makes things even more complicated.
The only two choices I can see are to rewrite the project completely in pure libGDX (which nobody wants to do) or continue developing in Slick2D and porting the changes (which anyone can try to do, if they're up for it).

A more practical problem is that I don't actually own an Android device, so I'm not easily able to test anything for it.
chong601

euphyy wrote:

It seems that fluddokt has been even busier than I have lately, which is why the Android version hasn't been getting as many updates. (I don't blame him, since porting my changes can't be very interesting...) But it's all open source, so really anyone can take over if they want to.

A technical issue is the way the Android version is written. To actually get the program running on Android, fluddokt had to switch the game engine from Slick2D (simple, dead, and desktop-only) to libGDX. But instead of porting the source code, which would've taken a very long time, he's "faking" the Slick2D API and replacing the implementation of all referenced methods with libGDX code. It works, as you can tell, but comes with these large problems:
  1. If someone updates the Slick2D code and calls Slick2D methods not yet "faked", all of those methods need to be rewritten as well (which isn't always easy, or even possible).
  2. If anyone continues developing the libGDX code with pure libGDX calls, the source code will be a mess of mixed Slick2D/libGDX and merging changes from the Slick2D code will get significantly harder.
  3. Some desktop code needs to be rewritten to work at all on Android, which makes things even more complicated.
The only two choices I can see are to rewrite the project completely in pure libGDX (which nobody wants to do) or continue developing in Slick2D and porting the changes (which anyone can try to do, if they're up for it).

A more practical problem is that I don't actually own an Android device, so I'm not easily able to test anything for it.
Well, to be honest, I would support the choice to rewrite the entire game in libGDX.

Reasons are because of libGDX are targeted at making games on any platform as well as cleaner code base (as long we don't do much of editing and mucking around)
From my view, most of the game (map parser, objects, states (need confirming, yet to reach that part), sounds) itself can be retained as is, but the drawing part must be rebuilt to use libGDX platform.

Also, by changing to libGDX, the performance issues on opsu-android may be possible to be handled since there's no API faking going on everywhere as well as the desktop version which seems still have room for more improvement

For the part of rewriting, I might able to offer my help but because of my Java skill limitations (and the fact that libGDX documentation is quite lengthy, so it takes time for me to understand how the whole platform works for now), I might unable to handle the project on my own and have to keep up with RL stuff.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

chong601 wrote:

I don't think there'd be any significant performance gains because opsu! isn't very resource-intensive anyway. There's also a lot of Slick-specific code in the states and audio, so there's more rewriting required than you'd expect. I'm not discouraging you from porting the code, but if you're willing to do that much, it might really be more worth your time to help fluddokt merge changes over to his fork. (Though the new slider rendering code might be a pain to move over there...)
Hydrixel
ummm is the spinner glitch for opsuandroid fixed? (using tablet btw) laggs for half a second
XinCrin

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
Don't download 1/4 beatmaps then. Is that hard?
opsu! could need specific beatmaps for it, like osu! stream
AGRX

XinCrin wrote:

gintoki147 wrote:

I love this project.
Don't download 1/4 beatmaps then. Is that hard?
opsu! could need specific beatmaps for it, like osu! stream
im not a fan of touch screen osu but what about having bottom right corner of screen for tap overlay keys.
chong601

Agrrox wrote:

im not a fan of touch screen osu but what about having bottom right corner of screen for tap overlay keys.
tfw opsu!-android have no support of multitouch
XinCrin
Play streams is not fun in a touch screen imo.
chong601
play streams on a touchscreen to guide the cursor and use a keyboard to tap is fun imo.

but good luck getting used to the touchscreen delay
gintoki147
I don't know if this is a known issue, but still...
Even though I adjusted the music offset in the options menu, some songs are clearly out of sync with the objects, while others play just fine.
Maybe opsu! is not reading the beatmaps' offset correctly?

I'm playing on Android btw
Howl

gintoki147 wrote:

I don't know if this is a known issue, but still...
Even though I adjusted the music offset in the options menu, some songs are clearly out of sync with the objects, while others play just fine.
Maybe opsu! is not reading the beatmaps' offset correctly?

I'm playing on Android btw
Probably the beatmaps don't have a correct offset. A local offset feature (per-beatmap offset) has already been requested on this thread.
YangireKaito
I'm trying to find the Ios version.Does it work on ios?
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

YangireKaito wrote:

I'm trying to find the Ios version.Does it work on ios?
Theoretically, yes. But nobody has tried building the libGDX version for iOS because I think nearly none of the contributors have Macs... (and here's my request that's been ignored :P)
YangireKaito
Awwwww.....Damn my android sux.My pc is good but Ican't use it always.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
Release: v0.11.0
This update contains a lot of bug fixes, some new features, UI improvements, and a new build system.
  1. Animations: Added easing animations on a lot of elements, so all the menus feel pretty different from before.
  2. "Hidden" mod: With this release, all the core game mods are now complete.
  3. Download servers: Added additional download options for YaS Online, Mnetwork, and MengSky.
  4. Gradle: With the help of LemonLake, you can now build opsu! using Gradle (or keep using Maven). This came with the bonus of removing JarSplice from the build cycle, as opsu! now has its own native loader.
The bug fixes are too numerous to list here, so check out the release notes if you're interested. Thanks again for all the support!
XinCrin
It was working with previous version but I can't open it now. I got this error, I don't know if someone could help me. Thanks in advance :)

SPOILER
Tue Sep 01 21:23:06 CLT 2015 ERROR:Pixel format not accelerated
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.tryCreateDisplay(AppGameContainer.java:302)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.access$000(AppGameContainer.java:34)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer$2.run(AppGameContainer.java:367)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setup(AppGameContainer.java:348)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Container.start(Container.java:69)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:205)
Tue Sep 01 21:23:06 CLT 2015 ERROR:** Uncaught Exception! **
Tue Sep 01 21:23:06 CLT 2015 ERROR:null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at itdelatrisu.opsu.GameImage.setDefaultImage(GameImage.java:615)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.GameImage.getImage(GameImage.java:553)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.ui.Cursor.reset(Cursor.java:290)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Container.close_sub(Container.java:121)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Container.start(Container.java:75)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:205)
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
To everyone who's been asking, fluddokt updated the Android version to 0.11.0a, and you can get it here: https://github.com/fluddokt/opsu/releases/tag/0.11.0a
Thanks so much for still maintaining this!

XinCrin wrote:

It was working with previous version but I can't open it now. I got this error, I don't know if someone could help me. Thanks in advance :)
Does this page help? http://hopper.minecraft.net/help/pixel- ... celerated/
-[Cow]-
Nice work but I have some requests:
MouseSpeed = xx.xx
Frame Limiter = Unlimited
Skinnable Logo and Play / Exit / Download buttons :/
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

Osugye wrote:

Nice work but I have some requests:
MouseSpeed = xx.xx
Frame Limiter = Unlimited
Skinnable Logo and Play / Exit / Download buttons :/
No idea how to change mouse sensitivity in LWJGL (you probably can't). I don't think unlimited FPS is necessary (it really eats up CPU in Slick2D, and it probably wouldn't have any benefits), but feel free to modify the source code yourself -- I can point out the few lines you'd need to change if needed. And everything is skinnable.
HappyDayzTaken
Will there be a download for ios users? Idk how to download this for ios xD

p.s: srry if this is old and i brought it up to the top :v xC
WasuraretaKioku

HappyDayzTaken wrote:

no opsu! for ios sorry XD
There's no current developer/porter for ios

But it's possible since libGDX supports IOS? or they need to rewrite the code to Objective-C, Swift??? (sorry im noob at programming/coding so don't get mad at me XD)
chong601

HappyDayzTaken wrote:

well, we did ask someone who have Mac OS X to help build one, but no one replied so there's no iOS build out there

WasuraretaKioku wrote:

But it's possible since libGDX supports IOS? or they need to rewrite the code to Objective-C, Swift??? (sorry im noob at programming/coding so don't get mad at me XD)
iirc, they can use the same codebase (since libGDX can be built to iOS as well using the same code on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and Web)
gintoki147
Thanks for the updates.
This project is doing well. I love it. :3

An offset assistant would be great. It took me a while to find the correct offset to use. -120ms works nice.
I guess the spinners on Android are somewhat broken. I never get to score more than 50 on them, even though I'm sure I'm doing it right.
WasuraretaKioku
Mine too. Currently running Resurrection Remix (Cyanogen Based) 5.1.1 and my offset is -145ms (lol)
and the spinners "lags" half a second. but thanks to USB OTG i can stream smoothly haha

Sorry for bad english.
gintoki147
Hm, I still believe there is something wrong with how opsu! reads individual songs offsets.
This time I made a video to prove my point:

As you can see, the same offset can't be used for all songs.
-125ms works well for Airman ga Taosenai, but the same can't be said for Breathe, which only plays well with -80ms.

Note: The beatmaps used in this video can be played in osu! with default 0ms and no further adjusting.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
Release: v0.12.0
This update brings major UI enhancements.
  1. Snaking sliders: These are finally implemented (thanks to Bigpet), and can be disabled in the options.
  2. Kinetic scrolling: Much more natural scrolling in the game menus (thanks to fluddokt), and now the song menu looks a lot more like (an old version of) osu!.
  3. Star ratings: Ported the osu!tp beatmap difficulty algorithm as provided in Tom94's repository. It's not entirely accurate, I think, but is close and definitely helpful to have.
There are several more updates and bug fixes listed in the release notes.

gintoki147 wrote:

An offset assistant would be great. It took me a while to find the correct offset to use. -120ms works nice.
I guess the spinners on Android are somewhat broken. I never get to score more than 50 on them, even though I'm sure I'm doing it right.
I agree that there should be an offset assistant, but that's among the many features that aren't possible until the audio system is replaced -- it requires beat listeners and those aren't currently available. I don't know what's wrong with the Android spinners, but you should report any details you have to fluddokt's GitHub repository since they're working fine on desktop (as far as I can tell).
show more