forum

opsu! - an open-source osu! client (UNOFFICIAL)

posted
Total Posts
show more
jnmiah
On my android phone, Galaxy s2, Running 4.1.2, it is stuck on "Loading Sounds". It doesn't move at all. Not sure if it is slow, or not responding at all. Using release 0.8.0a.
ccxex29
First.. im using ASUS ZenFone 5...
No issue in performance... stable at 61fps

The issues for me are:
-the menu scroll is so fast when swiping...
-my preferences are not saved
-its too small for phones... if you could make an option for dpi or gui resize.. it would be useful
-the downloads are slow... in Indonesia...

Thanks in advance..
chong601

jnmiah wrote:

On my android phone, Galaxy s2, Running 4.1.2, it is stuck on "Loading Sounds". It doesn't move at all. Not sure if it is slow, or not responding at all. Using release 0.8.0a.
Did you use custom hitsounds?

ccxex29 wrote:

First.. im using ASUS ZenFone 5...
No issue in performance... stable at 61fps

The issues for me are:
-the menu scroll is so fast when swiping...
-my preferences are not saved
-its too small for phones... if you could make an option for dpi or gui resize.. it would be useful
-the downloads are slow... in Indonesia...

Thanks in advance..
currently using Zenfone 4 A4500CG
1. deal with it (the UI isn't polished yet)
2. not quite sure on this (since it works here)
3. set your CS to 0.1 if you can't read small circles in options
4. deal with it (or just copy osu! PC maps to opsu=>Songs folder)
jnmiah
Chong601, I did not use custom hitsounds. I cant boot it at all.
sugarmikuchan
I tried to open opsu! and it came out with this error .__.

Thu May 07 22:28:48 SGT 2015 ERROR:** Uncaught Exception! **
Thu May 07 22:28:48 SGT 2015 ERROR:org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._open(Ljava/lang/String;I)V
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._open(Ljava/lang/String;I)V
at org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._open(Native Method)
at org.sqlite.core.DB.open(DB.java:161)
at org.sqlite.core.CoreConnection.open(CoreConnection.java:145)
at org.sqlite.core.CoreConnection.<init>(CoreConnection.java:66)
at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3Connection.<init>(JDBC3Connection.java:21)
at org.sqlite.jdbc4.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:23)
at org.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.<init>(SQLiteConnection.java:45)
at org.sqlite.JDBC.createConnection(JDBC.java:114)
at org.sqlite.JDBC.connect(JDBC.java:88)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.db.DBController.createConnection(DBController.java:65)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.db.OsuDB.init(OsuDB.java:74)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.db.DBController.init(DBController.java:46)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:138)
chong601

sugarmikuchan wrote:

I tried to open opsu! and it came out with this error .__.

Thu May 07 22:28:48 SGT 2015 ERROR:** Uncaught Exception! **
Thu May 07 22:28:48 SGT 2015 ERROR:org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._open(Ljava/lang/String;I)V
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._open(Ljava/lang/String;I)V
at org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._open(Native Method)
at org.sqlite.core.DB.open(DB.java:161)
at org.sqlite.core.CoreConnection.open(CoreConnection.java:145)
at org.sqlite.core.CoreConnection.<init>(CoreConnection.java:66)
at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3Connection.<init>(JDBC3Connection.java:21)
at org.sqlite.jdbc4.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:23)
at org.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.<init>(SQLiteConnection.java:45)
at org.sqlite.JDBC.createConnection(JDBC.java:114)
at org.sqlite.JDBC.connect(JDBC.java:88)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.db.DBController.createConnection(DBController.java:65)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.db.OsuDB.init(OsuDB.java:74)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.db.DBController.init(DBController.java:46)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:138)
Did you happen to run this game on folders with "!"? (for example like D:\opsu! or C:\osu!)
opsu! doesn't work in directories with an exclaimation mark.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

chong601 wrote:

Did you happen to run this game on folders with "!"? (for example like D:\opsu! or C:\osu!)
opsu! doesn't work in directories with an exclaimation mark.
...so I realized I was handling that error completely wrong. It actually gets caught as of 50d55d8 (hopefully).

Sorry for being gone for so long -- I haven't had the time to keep up with this project lately. I'll get back to it when I have the chance.
chong601

euphyy wrote:

...so I realized I was handling that error completely wrong. It actually gets caught as of 50d55d8 (hopefully).

Sorry for being gone for so long -- I haven't had the time to keep up with this project lately. I'll get back to it when I have the chance.
at least we know that you are still maintaining it lel
deadrestos
I don´t know how to transfer from osu beatmaps to opsu ... can someone help me ? :o
chong601
just copy the beatmaps to:
Windows: <drive letter>:\path\to\opsu\folder\Songs
Linux: /path/to/opsu/folder/Songs
Android: Internal storage/Songs folder or Internal Storage/opsu/Songs (depend on which opsu-android you use, but either one)
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
Release: v0.9.0
Summary of important changes:
  1. Speed changing: This update implements the "Half Time" and "Double Time" mods, as well as playback speed selection during replays. Note that pitch is shifted with the current implementation; a new music player is in the works.
  2. Back-end updates: There were some major back-end additions, notably hit object stacking and Catmull curves.
  3. Visual improvements: Changed to a cleaner font (Droid Sans Fallback), improved hit animations, and fixed a handful of other issues.
  4. Download servers: Added support for downloading from the osu!Mirror and Hexide servers.
Thanks again for all your support!
Newb1et

euphyy wrote:

Release: v0.9.0
Summary of important changes:
  1. Speed changing: This update implements the "Half Time" and "Double Time" mods, as well as playback speed selection during replays. Note that pitch is shifted with the current implementation; a new music player is in the works.
  2. Back-end updates: There were some major back-end additions, notably hit object stacking and Catmull curves.
  3. Visual improvements: Changed to a cleaner font (Droid Sans Fallback), improved hit animations, and fixed a handful of other issues.
  4. Download servers: Added support for downloading from the osu!Mirror and Hexide servers.
Thanks again for all your support!
Awesome! You back on the project? Love to see this progress more! :D 🙌

Oh, seems like the 0.9.0 update is currently for PC as of right now. Guess I'll wait... 😓
Bigpet
I'm currently exploring to maybe making a platform shim, so that opsu! can be more easily ported to other platforms (because, lets be honest, there's no one single framework that can truly handle all platforms with reasonable trade-offs).

Anyway during that exploration I saw that a bunch of the Slick2D files seem to be patched, is there a brief explanation as to what was changed?
(I know that I can always just do a diff, but asking doesn't hurt and I can do other things in the meantime :P )

Also it seems to me that using Gradle as a build system is lot easier for the purposes of creating multiple versions and swapping out parts of the source on different platforms. But I'll worry about that a lot later when it becomes relevant, I just want to test the waters on how attached you are to Maven as the build system ;) .
chong601

Bigpet wrote:

I'm currently exploring to maybe making a platform shim, so that opsu! can be more easily ported to other platforms (because, lets be honest, there's no one single framework that can truly handle all platforms with reasonable trade-offs).
kinda agree on that, but i don't think we can deal with multiple different platforms with one codebase (monkeypatching those will be ugly, like REALLY ugly in my sense). cmiiw though since i don't really involved with multiplatform software development before....

Bigpet wrote:

Anyway during that exploration I saw that a bunch of the Slick2D files seem to be patched, is there a brief explanation as to what was changed?
(I know that I can always just do a diff, but asking doesn't hurt and I can do other things in the meantime :P )
Slick patches probably because of recent skin select implementation (vs single selection on previous) and changes on hit lighting and scores (300,100,50,miss)

Bigpet wrote:

Also it seems to me that using Gradle as a build system is lot easier for the purposes of creating multiple versions and swapping out parts of the source on different platforms. But I'll worry about that a lot later when it becomes relevant, I just want to test the waters on how attached you are to Maven as the build system ;) .
Gradle build... well not a big issue for me but i actually quite love Maven because i can do shading (put all .jars in one .jar file).
not quite sure if Gradle can do the same or not :|

but if GStreamer build is coming, that will be a bad news for opsu-android since i don't think there's a Android build for that...
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

Bigpet wrote:

Sure, that'd be fantastic! (Though it'd be even better if you finished the sliders first... XD) Fill me in with more details if you decide to follow through with this!

A quick summary of the Slick2D changes:
  1. GameContainer: very minor changes in error logging.
  2. Image: added 'getAlphaAt()' method, added 'drawCentered()' method, changed some coordinate operations from integer to float.
  3. TextField: edited 'keyPressed()' method to make text input more like osu! (e.g. no ctrl+z undo, no cursor shifting with arrow keys, added ctrl+backspace for word-backspace).
  4. Everything audio-related: added MP3 streaming support.
I haven't used Gradle except for building APKs, and those weren't very pleasant experiences (very slow builds, builds always taking up all 4 cores...). I think Maven's much nicer, but feel free to convince me otherwise. xP
Bigpet
@euphyy this is actually some Malcom in the Middle situation right here

But I guess I can just hack it into the current architecture, it's not that dramatic anyways. But I'll need to think about pre-initializing a certain number of FBOs because there's a stutter as soon as the first few sliders hit currently.

Do you maybe know how many sliders can be on-screen at max at the same time? I'm guess it's actually a really low number like 2 or 3 based on how they work. I mean I can just leave the maximum unbounded but pre-initilize like 2 or 3 FBOs and just see if that's enough or if people complain about lags.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old

Bigpet wrote:

Yeah, I'd say 2 or 3 (but the program should still perform reasonably if someone puts a ridiculous number of sliders on one screen XD). You could probably calculate the max for a beatmap while parsing its hit objects without much effort, though... but that's up to you. xP
chong601

euphyy wrote:

Yeah, I'd say 2 or 3 (but the program should still perform reasonably if someone puts a ridiculous number of sliders on one screen XD). You could probably calculate the max for a beatmap while parsing its hit objects without much effort, though... but that's up to you. xP
3 might not be enough... get a TAG 4 map and add EZ mod and bang, at least 10 sliders....
xasuma
Looking good :D
Pakemania
Just discovered this today. Downloaded and tested the client and it really seems awesome. I'm a linux player and I've been waiting for a native client. I'm really looking forward to future updates. If you get a few more features done, I'll probably switch to the open-source client entirely. Keep it up! ;)
kago chan
Ich will das alte osu. Opsu legt und die spints gehen nicht, opsu ist viel zu schnell da schaff ich nur von B - D. bei osu ist das anders, alles genau perfekt das tempo, keine legs,> man schafft die spints < und da schaffte ich von SS - D aber meistens nur SS - A
ALSO BITTE TUT DAS ALTE ☆OSU☆ WIEDER UPGRADEN.
ICH WILL DAS ALTE OSU WIEDER HABEN!!! >:( :( >:( >:( :? :(
Ps Opsu hat viel zu viele sachen die man umstellen kann, imgegenteil von osu.
Bigpet

kago chan wrote:

Ich will das alte osu. Opsu legt und die spints gehen nicht, opsu ist viel zu schnell da schaff ich nur von B - D. bei osu ist das anders, alles genau perfekt das tempo, keine legs,> man schafft die spints < und da schaffte ich von SS - D aber meistens nur SS - A
Ps Opsu hat viel zu viele sachen die man umstellen kann, imgegenteil von osu
I don't think the opsu! developers are affiliated with osu!, so we can't actually "upgrade ☆OSU☆", the source code for that is neither public nor open source.

Did you try the desktop version or the Android port? Because I think the Android port is currently lagging a bit behind.
ccxex29

Bigpet wrote:

kago chan wrote:

Ps Opsu hat viel zu viele sachen die man umstellen kann, imgegenteil von osu
I don't think the opsu! developers are affiliated with osu!, so we can't actually "upgrade ☆OSU☆", the source code for that is neither public nor open source.

Did you try the desktop version or the Android port? Because I think the Android port is currently lagging a bit behind.
its not a light game for android though, ask your specs.. also what device do you use, because mine is not lagging even a bit..
quaternary
On the Android version my settings aren't saving, e.g. I have to reset my offset, turn off combobursts, re-enable pause button, etc etc etc. every time I launch opsu. The scoreboards are saving properly though ...
Bigpet

tuddster wrote:

On the Android version my settings aren't saving, e.g. I have to reset my offset, turn off combobursts, re-enable pause button, etc etc etc. every time I launch opsu. The scoreboards are saving properly though ...
Sounds like the settings file isn't getting written correctly. The scoreboards are in a sqlite database separate from the basic settings.
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
fluddokt just posted the APK for the 0.9.0 release, and it resolves many of the issues mentioned above. You can get it here.
Newb1et
I just thought of this... why not add a feature to disable or enable the cursor in mobile? Since the cursor eats up RAM on my phone. Disabling it may reduce delay. And hooray for Android port!
Wylo
Runs great on both Windows and Android. May I suggest a new feature: local (per-map) offsets. This is particularly useful for Android since music offset is not the same across different maps.

EDIT: Also, a question, how do I scroll the song list properly on Android? It's too fast.
VoidGod
So nice working for me
creamynebula
Hmm osu! droid never worked properly here, i'll try this on my phone when I have some time!
ccxex29
I have requests..

add stars?
move settings to the main menu?
remove fps limit? on desktop 240fps, android 60fps
add mania and ctb and taiko mode with keyboard and touch support?
add custom skins option?
+it uses more GPU usage than osu! when i checked on my gpu-z

thx... :)
Cocoa Hoto

ccxex29 wrote:

^this

ccxex29 wrote:

no point except burning your phone, my Snapdragon 805 sometimes have troubles running it

ccxex29 wrote:

For Mania and CtB, just download Malody. (Get it at http://m.mugzone.net/)
For Taiko mode, just download T-Aiko. (Get it on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=guy.taiko)

ccxex29 wrote:

add custom skins option?

That's already possible, just edit .opsu.cfg (the 'Skin' variable is the path to the actual skin folder)
Topic Starter
euphyy_old
Release: v0.10.0
Lots of major updates in this one! Thanks to Bigpet and fluddokt for making this possible.
  1. Slider rendering: A new slider rendering method is now being used (mmsliders); this utilizes FBOs, and will fall back to the original method if your machine doesn't support it. Needless to say, this is a huge improvement -- you can check out some updated screenshots if you're interested.
  2. Skin loader: Now that I've finally gotten around to writing this, skinning is a lot more similar to osu!: skins can be selected in-game from multiple directories, and skin options in skin.ini are actually being parsed. Note that not all of the options are implemented yet, but a good number of them are.
  3. Replay features: Replays from osu! (or opsu!) can be automatically imported into the game by placing them in the "ReplayImport" directory; they'll be added into your score database as well. Seeking is also possible in replays now after enabling the "Replay Seeking" setting in the options menu.
  4. Score formula: There were a handful of changes to make scoring more similar to osu!. The formula is still not entirely accurate, though, so please let me know if you know what's still missing!

Newb1et wrote:

I just thought of this... why not add a feature to disable or enable the cursor in mobile? Since the cursor eats up RAM on my phone. Disabling it may reduce delay.
I'll let fluddokt decide whether or not to add that option. I don't think that rendering the cursor (and trail) would be very resource-intensive, though.

doomed151 wrote:

May I suggest a new feature: local (per-map) offsets. This is particularly useful for Android since music offset is not the same across different maps.
That's possible. Where would you place that option, though?

ccxex29 wrote:

add stars?
add custom skins option?
The star formula seems far too complicated to reverse engineer. I don't see any reason to remove the FPS limit (why would you need above 240fps?). I've never played any of the other game modes. Skinning is just like osu! as of this release. GPU usage is lower than osu! on my computer; how much more is it for you?
ccxex29

ccxex29 wrote:

add stars?
add custom skins option?
The star formula seems far too complicated to reverse engineer. I don't see any reason to remove the FPS limit (why would you need above 240fps?). I've never played any of the other game modes. Skinning is just like osu! as of this release. GPU usage is lower than osu! on my computer; how much more is it for you?[/quote]
:/ so, you will not port the game modes and stars in the future?
about fps, why does it set 240fps in desktop and 60fps in android?? why not just put 60fps for android and desktop version
and no doubt that the GPU is lower.. it uses less effects,less resources.

Anyway, im just tryin to give you feedbacks and suggestions. Thanks ~
Howl

euphyy wrote:

doomed151 wrote:

May I suggest a new feature: local (per-map) offsets. This is particularly useful for Android since music offset is not the same across different maps.
That's possible. Where would you place that option, though?
The feature already is inside osu!. You can change the local offset of a map by using +/- on your keyboard while the map is being played, so why not make it similiar to how osu! does it?
Hot Loli
Well, it playing stable on my Xiaomi Redmi 1s (snapdragon 400 + adreno 305)
For example, osu!droid laggy for me.
But... it feels like music is going some little ahead circles. just very little ahead. but thats enough to play some discomfortable.
Is there any chance to edit delay in ms? like in desktop official ver
/udp
well, found .opsu.cfg in main SD directory, there was offset -75. set it to 0 and game now looks better. for what reason developer set it to -75 - only he knows :D

marcostudios wrote:

Can't open if i pasted on my osu! folder

Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Unable to determine Slick build number
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Resource not found: icon16.png
java.lang.RuntimeException: Resource not found: icon16.png
at org.newdawn.slick.util.ResourceLoader.getResourceAsStream(ResourceLoader.java:69)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:527)
at itdelatrisu.opsu.Opsu.main(Opsu.java:115)
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Error while creating game container.
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Failed to set the icon
org.newdawn.slick.SlickException: Failed to set the icon
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:530)
chong601

624338352 wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

Can't open if i pasted on my osu! folder

Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Unable to determine Slick build number
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Resource not found: icon16.png
java.lang.RuntimeException: Resource not found: icon16.png
at org.newdawn.slick.util.ResourceLoader.getResourceAsStream(ResourceLoader.java:69)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:527)
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Error while creating game container.
Mon Jun 30 09:35:40 CEST 2014 ERROR:Failed to set the icon
org.newdawn.slick.SlickException: Failed to set the icon
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setIcons(AppGameContainer.java:530)
Please be aware that due to the way Java works (or any dependencies in opsu), opsu! will not run on any folder that contain "!" (exclaimation mark)...
Reha
how i can download and install?
Howl

RehaOyundaDegil wrote:

how i can download and install?
are you a troll or what? you posted in two open source threads asking for how to download and install. What about reading what's written in the OP?

go here: https://github.com/itdelatrisu/opsu/releases/ and download the latest release. Then, follow the instructions in the OP in the "Running" section.
show more