show more
ZZHBOY
怎么没一丝hw要quit的气氛
Darksonic
... this map is not made for humans.
Akiyama Mizuki

Darksonic wrote:

... this map is not made for humans.
Since when did HW made maps for humans.. tho?

lol congratz anyway
Slider arts are awesome, and the map itself is also an art. I don't really understand, but it is still great to look at
Colourful
hw大大请问下。。sb里面的毛笔字是用什么软件画出来的0 0,看上去很逼真。。
Trust
hot damn grats
Asahina Momoko
HW should put a supporter tag as a prize to player who FCed it lol
pkhg
I tried my best to avoid hating this map and after watching random ppl playing it, I feel like its good. If you can play it just put auto and enjoy it, feels great :3
The only thing that I dont like are those really spaced streams near the end, so hard

btw gratz :3
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings
thank u~ sco, yuki, lust and oracle, may have this as the best version.

guys, hate and love this map, thx for playing!
Mira-san
I liked it when it was pending tho. I don't know now.

Grats anyway. gna jinx ur qualify heh
meii18
WOW ! It's your first ranked marathon map ? If is , congrats HW !!! :)
FlobuFlobs

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

WOW ! It's your first ranked marathon map ? If is , congrats HW !!! :)
Huh? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/100348
Nyxa
YES
Kyubey
HW I love you.
pielak213
we are a few days early for the qualified -> first ranked map of 2015
Vuelo Eluko
i cant pass so its good map thank you for ranking
meii18

pielak wrote:

we are a few days early for the qualified -> first ranked map of 2015
It's not first ranked map of 2015. It will be ranked permantly still in 2014 :D

Yeah you're right . It was disqualified and ok . I agree with you pielak . First ranked map of 2015 baby ! :DD
TicClick
Sorry, but this map lacks a fair bit of something that is called quality and should have not been ranked in its current state. If you need more details, this is probably due to blatant abuse of patterns like 00:47:399 (1,2,3,1,2) - and the fact there are barely any distinct and audible sounds you mapped most, if not all streams to. Oh, and also a massive pile of overlapping copypaste that starts from 03:43:584, not speaking of the stream that follows the kiai part on 04:05:781 and ignores any features provided to you by music.

I am also going to refer to this post, as similar situation has already happened once in the past; you can read first two paragraphs of it, replacing "Platinum" with "Mysterious Hymn".

sweetod
打完发现被un了 :cry:
Kayano
HW的图总是要来个一次两次的

Since it has been DQ'd, I think i should point out the mistake of storyboard lyrics here

There are two places of your sb lyrics are wrong: (check http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lyrics:_%E6%BA%90%E6%B5%81%E6%87%90%E5%8F%A4)

1. 13.png 风->風
  2. last-1.png (?)->崩
Well, good luck
InabaTewi
我飞机刚上了一半就坠机爆炸了
dqs01733

TicClick wrote:

Sorry, but this map lacks a fair bit of something that is called quality and should have not been ranked in its current state. If you need more details, this is probably due to blatant abuse of patterns like 00:47:399 (1,2,3,1,2) - and the fact there are barely any distinct and audible sounds you mapped most, if not all streams to. Oh, and also a massive pile of overlapping copypaste that starts from 03:43:584, not speaking of the stream that follows the kiai part on 04:05:781 and ignores any features provided to you by music.

I am also going to refer to this post, as similar situation has already happened once in the past; you can read first two paragraphs of it, replacing "Platinum" with "Mysterious Hymn".

Just wondering, when a QAT wants to unqualify a map, can they do it on their own accord or do they actually need get the approval of other QATs aswell? There are times when I see a map get unqualified, and the QAT post say something like, '' Hello there I've talked with this other QAT and this third QAT and we decide this doesnt work so rip your map'', and other times, like Otsukimi Recital and this, where it's just one QAT saying ''This map is bad and is now unqualified''
There's a reason why you need to get maps bubbled before ranking, you know...
- Suima -

给你一个kds,再接再厉人类进化计划
M o M i Z i
毀了一副好SB,唉。
FlobuFlobs

Kotonoha wrote:

TicClick wrote:

Just wondering, when a QAT wants to unqualify a map, can they do it on their own accord or do they actually need get the approval of other QATs aswell? There are times when I see a map get unqualified, and the QAT post say something like, '' Hello there I've talked with this other QAT and this third QAT and we decide this doesnt work so rip your map'', and other times, like Otsukimi Recital and this, where it's just one QAT saying ''This map is bad and is now unqualified''
yea sure, but there's also a reason for the qualifie section/qat
Yauxo
Still waiting for approved section 2.0 to happen
dqs01733

FlobuFlobs wrote:

Kotonoha wrote:

yea sure, but there's also a reason for the qualifie section/qat
You're completely missing my point.
Rizia
plz rerank
star~
Kodora
Song have constant 1/4 beats during almost all drain time, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with mapping them, especially considering that they're provided by the song and hitsounded to fit the song perfectly.

And I can totally agree with Tess - dropping out just a broken heart icon without real issues to point out, without proper suggestions of how this may be fixed is so unprofessional.
E m i
I think you have gone too far, HW
but this is still a fun map 8-)
qq10054932
恭喜发财
Princess God
嗯,最后的星星感觉射在了应该射的地方
Nyxa

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

I'm cool with difficult maps, but the song is just not fitting.
What's not fitting about it, though? The song is really intense, as is the map. The sv flows quite well and the patterns match the intensity of the song really well too - I mentioned the last section being too hard earlier, but I still think it fits, despite its ridiculous difficulty. I think people are too used to easier maps. A map's difficulty isn't what makes it good or bad. It's how said difficulty is designed. I think we can all agree that Tenshi isn't a bad map and that map is miles harder than this one.

Except this map uses unique patterns, and that is what you have an issue with. Just like Miss You, which isn't really all that hard at all, but got the same amount of shit. Nobody really cares about a map's difficulty so long as it's mapped in a way preferred to them. That's what I've always seen, at least.

Maybe we need to start making it more clear what the difference is between objective and subjective quality in maps.
captin1
unfortunate that this is the reality of the QAT now, that they believe they can make subjective unranks for "map quality" without any attempt at improving the map because they believe their definition of "quality" is more important than the BATs involved in ranking the map

I personally don't have much of an opinion on the map one way or the other, but the simple fact that this was unqualified on such a weak concept just disappoints me
Natteke desu
hey guys, if you want to see this ranked again best way will be giving some mods
~passing by~
Arrival

captin1 wrote:

unfortunate that this is the reality of the QAT now, that they believe they can make subjective unranks for "map quality" without any attempt at improving the map because they believe their definition of "quality" is more important than the BATs involved in ranking the map

I personally don't have much of an opinion on the map one way or the other, but the simple fact that this was unqualified on such a weak concept just disappoints me
Truth has been spoken
Mismagius

captin1 wrote:

Yup. Make this my words.
MillhioreF
Instead of tossing around blame and namecalling pointlessly, I'm going to point out some patterns in this map that I don't think are very fair at all. Examples:

01:26:070 (15,1) - You expect the player to cross 75% of the screen in less than 1/10 of a second, and the music isn't even especially intense there, which doesn't make much sense. Most people complaining about the map are doing so because of patterns like this that aim for sheer difficulty rather than playability or going along with the music.

02:01:446 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - I don't objectively have problems with most of the stream spacing in this map, but the angle change here feels HORRIBLE, at least to me. Around (11) or so, the angle takes a sharp turn instead of a smooth one, and it just doesn't really work. I'm not sure I've full comboed this part ever, and I've tried this map a lot. 00:43:758 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - has a similar problem, although it's not quite as bad.

03:00:579 (2,1,1) - The slider blanketing here isn't very great, and the blanketing all throughout this slow section suffers from similar issues. Set the circle size to 2.5 to see it more clearly.

04:00:231 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The note speedup here also feels pretty bad, and to me it feels more luck-based whether you hit it or not because you have to change your cursor angle and speed so quickly.

04:13:845 (14,15,16,1,2,3,4) - Another really sharp, weird angle that I screw up more often than not. This one isn't as bad as the others I've mentioned though.

04:25:116 (16,1) - What am I looking at? I can't think of any possible cursor motion that can play this intuitively.

05:00:925 (2,3,4,5,1) - Not necessarily a problem, but can anyone even FC this? 1.20x note spacing on 2 x 2.8 slider velocity.

I actually like this map a lot; it's challenging, fun to play, and has a lot of awesome-looking patterns. The problem is that it's just not very high quality, and the problem with making maps this hard is that almost nobody knows how it actually feels to play, or whether certain patterns work or not, so it's not going to get too many useful mods - and even if it does, you might have to give up some of your awesome patterns because, despite your best effort, and despite how fun they might be to play, they're not necessarily good.

Remember: there's nothing wrong with mapping for the graveyard.
Nyxa
I think people need to start properly defining which maps should be ranked and which shouldn't be

Difficulty shouldn't be a factor in ranking providing it doesn't exceed humanly playable levels
Yauxo
While we're at it, here's a thing that buggs me quite much.

■ I really love these Streams 04:05:781 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - and the idea behind them, but I really hate the fact that these sharp turns sometimes happen on normal beats (and not on the very strong ones that'd indicate such a change) or vocals. This goes for:

04:09:075 (7) -
04:13:238 (7) -
04:17:313 (7) -
04:18:786 (7) -
04:24:423 (8) -
04:45:318 (9) -
04:46:706 (9) -
04:48:180 (10) -

It'd feel more natural if you'd only use these for the very strong beat in the song (best example is the first stream Ive posted).

■ I would also shape 04:22:081 (13,14,15,16) - more curvy to the right. There's no real reason to have the start of the next combo on the right side if it's shaped like that.

Edit: oh, also. These things 01:28:584 (6,7,8) - feel extremely awkward. You're most likely expecting a repeat Slider like the tons of the times you've had that one before, but there's none and you just suddenly have to play the next repeat Slider that starts on a red tick (opposed to the all-white-tick combo before that)
Pappy

MillhioreF wrote:

05:00:925 (2,3,4,5,1) - Not necessarily a problem, but can anyone even FC this? 1.20x note spacing on 2 x 2.8 slider velocity.

Just FCed this part after clicking "test" million times in editor. /o/
show more