forum

Spinners: What way do we ACTUALLY need to spin?

posted
Total Posts
show more
pieguyn
I use a touchpad mouse with my right hand and spin clockwise.

I must say, though, that if I were to use a normal mouse I'd probably still spin clockwise. It seems more intuitive to me.
Nobody
I'm right handed and spin clockwise. Anit-clockwise is weeeeirrrdddd (I can do it, but still)
Frog
I'm right handed and spin clockwise, i also draw circles/o's clockwise too...
KRZY
I am right-handed, spin clockwise, and draw o's and circles counter-clockwise

I spin around 420~450 and my highest ranked spin speed is 471, so I guess right-handed clockwise spin is legit
--K--
Take mouse, put in hand. Grip it tightly like it was a rifle and you were in the middle of a firefight. Alternatively, grip it like it was your wallet or knife as you walk down an alley in the dark of night. Now, fling the plastic rodent-like device back and forth and every other which way. If the spin meter is rising, you're doing it right. If it's not going anywhere or it's falling, you're either doing too much side-to-side or you're doing some sort of bizarre clockwise-then-counterclockwise-then-clockwise-etc spin pattern that won't earn you and bonus points. Pick a direction and stick with it, at least for the duration of this spinner. Or half of the duration of this spinner. Or whatever.
If you take a look at autoplay, you'll notice that it gets about a 477 spin rate. Notice what the cursor is doing. The cursor is now diamonds The cursor is rapidly moving in a diamond-like formation around the center. Top, right, bottom, left, top, etc. Or maybe it's top, left, bottom, right, top. You have to go all around the spinner. If you spend all of your time spazzing out on the bottom half of the screen, the spinner is going to break your precious combo. Expand your horizons and spin where no man has spun before.
CaptainFlameGuy
Inspiring.

I'm right handed, and spin clockwise.
zagrom_old
Right, CCW.
Tho I often wonder if I could do better CW, hmm...

I find this topic interesting btw.
Yingwu
When i played standard mode i always did the spinners CCW and I'm right handed, the difference was around 100rpm lower if i swapped over to CW.
Doomsday
I'm right-handed, and spin Clockwise. Didn't realize that was a minority until recently :/
ihearthawthats
right-handed; counter-clockwise.

when you look at handwriting, i think the majority of circular characters are made with counter-clockwise motions, so it feels more natural to me.
Monte Cristo_old
Right-handed, spin Clockwise
Most players can beat me at spinner
Nakata Yuji
Lefty, but I play righty. I spin clockwise, and pretty slow due to my low mouse sensitivity. Works well though.
lukewarmholiday

Teras
I'm right handed and I don't spin clockwise. I make more bonus score this way :P
lukewarmholiday

lukewarmholiday wrote:

budperson
--
lukewarmholiday

lukewarmholiday wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

anonymous_old
++luke;

I've been annoyed with this thread, too. It turned into a really retarded poll no one cares about because gathering the data is boring.
lukewarmholiday

strager wrote:

++luke;

I've been annoyed with this thread, too. It turned into a really retarded poll no one cares about because gathering the data is boring.

Rasyad95

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

Elvan wrote:

I'm right-handed and spin in the anti-clockwise.
I can spin even 400-470.
It is a matter of habit, i think ;p
I can spin 400...what?

470? How the hell did you do that?
Here is the hell I do that...

Download: Rasyad95 - IOSYS - Fascination Marisa [Hardcore] (2010-03-20) Osu.osr
Rasyad95
BTW I found something interesting, if you spin more -up'n'down- than -right'n'left-, your SPM will increase slightly (in #40 different over 50 SPM wil change your rank! 8-) )
Aoitenshi
Previously I spin CW, I looked at a replay and I see that CCW direction of spin seems... to be having more Friction, I tried to CCW, luckily I'm not stuck with the CW too long, Till now, I do CCW spin, If I want to CW spin, I'm spinning Slower than CCW and often forms a star pattern and turn to CCW spin accidently, I can't ever spin my right hand to CW Direction again, I lost one of my natural skill but upgrade my RPM
Umandsf
I'm right-handed and spin clockwise.
Roddie
Right-handed. I spin counter clock-wise. Its better for me. :P
DrowRanger_old
i'm not really good at spinners

it make my arm feel pain :|
Sanae Hanekoma
Left handed here and I spin CCW
Nazo_old

Umandsf wrote:

I'm right-handed and spin clockwise.
This. o3o
Gens
grah, someone should sticky a thread called "what way do you spin" so people stop posting here and/or creating threads. D=
EvianBubble
I'm right handed and I spin clockwise. I never thought about it - the first time I did a spinner I just spun it that way
I kind of suck at spinners, though. I either miss or 100 them. I also hate it when beats come right after, because then I miss a lot. Spinners kill me and my combos :cry:
Ivan494
right handed and spins clockwise. although i still can't spin pretty fast but at least it's better than me trying to do it CCW :o
SomeGuyNamedDavid
Right handed clockwise. I can hit almost max (477 rpm is max, right? at least, according to Auto it is) if I spin fast enough, but if there's a note right after the spinner good luck. I usually end up stopping a little early if I see one coming up. I've got timing down, but my problem is actually hitting the notes that are closely grouped but far apart on harder songs. I'm a bit of an amateur. :?
Crakila
Right Hand
Counter-Clockwise Spin

I seem to perform better by going CCS, but as the first reply stated. Personal Preference
Umandsf
I used to be good at spinning, but I think the lack of playing for a while has affected my recent playing. Can't quite seem to get that rhythm I had. I guess I need more practice.
[Scene]
Right-handed and clockwise...CCW feels unnatural to me.
Tatsuo-san
OK, this time for me... right-hand is OK, also counter-clockwise. But I'm not good at this spin thing. I don't actually know how to spin it. But sometimes it's spining too fast. And I don't know how I do this. It make me sad! :D
Ashkanz
Right handed.
Clock wise.
KharonAlpua

Ephemeral wrote:

Just about every right handed person will spin anti-clockwise naturally.

It really doesn't matter.
So does this make my propensity for spinning clockwise strange, or am I just left-handed and unaware of it? I just find clockwise spinning more natural and easy to do, so that's how I do the spinners, and I am very much right-handed.
Powerdrone
Right handed and I spin Counter-Clockwise.
iqezZ
right hand...anti clockwise
blacksymbian
I spin counter-clockwise

wow I'm quite surprised.. People are actually spinning counter-clockwise.
show more