forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zekira
if zun cant draw, how can he make the touhou games?
Just to support this statement I can probably show the credits page for every Touhou game and it only composed of one person (yes, ZUN did all the work on the games, from the art to the music to the programming). Touhou's official games is also well known for having the shortest credits ever. *it never extends to more than 10 donders, depending on how many testers are on the game*

@mekadon: uh, technically if you get to finish all 5 Divine Treasures, you practically 1CC'd TH08; the night cards are merely bonus cards.
Lybydose
whoooooooooosh
mekadon_old
That's shocking, I 1CC'd Lunatic... :P
Maybe I'll try to 1CC in TH11...keke
Lybydose
IN Lunatic eh?

Check out that spellcard bonus count.

An64fan
Okay, so I just started playing Shoot the Bullet today.

Two things:
1. Aya becomes a horrifyingly bad photographer in my hands.
2. Rumia pisses me off. (Luckily I can still say that I love her as a character.)
RemmyX25
I hate Shoot the Bullet.

I really really do.
Zekira

Lybydose wrote:

IN Lunatic eh?

SPOILER
[attachment=0:18652]th013.jpg[/attachment:18652]
0? What? Timing out all of them or what?
An64fan

RemmyX25 wrote:

I hate Shoot the Bullet.

I really really do.
I dunno, I think it's pretty cool. It does have some horrifyingly hard patterns, though. But I guess Zun could some up with some pretty tricky stuff considering that the mechanics are different.

Right now I'm on 2-5 and really not getting anywhere.
James
Shoot the bullet is what I enjoyed the most :3
Doomsday
I've unlocked all of the scenes in StB except the extra stage scenes. I don't think i'm far off though
Zekira
Oh the things you can do with MMD :D

Marisawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome
Lybydose

Zekira wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

IN Lunatic eh?

SPOILER
[attachment=0:b555b]th013.jpg[/attachment:b555b]
0? What? Timing out all of them or what?
I bombed EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
Zekira
Oh lol. Wait, bombing doesn't count as a death/miss?
Lybydose
Nope.

"39 bombs used"

...and I even died with bombs in stock 2 or 3 times, and deathbombed (which uses two) a few times, so it could have been even MORE bombs used.

I finished the game with 0 bombs and 0 lives remaining too.

Did the same thing with MoF Lunatic (no spells captured).
Zekira
I sorta feel bad about myself right now, having almost 1CC'd PoFV on Lunatic but still struggling to 1CC some Normals on the other games.

I got to Stage 9 using Marisa but only had 1 life left. Of course I eventually got owned by SikieikiHax and I didn't even get to hit her on both the first and last round.

Then I tried using Drugs (Medicine) for the lulz and took her to Lunatic, and eventually I was like "...oh god, NOW I understand how broken she is.". I actually got to Siki with 2 lives left, and on the third round Siki got to last life earlier before I did, but I eventually screwed up and got owned by SikiHax once again. While watching the replay, I noticed how broken Medicine's extra attack is. VERY BROKEN.

Broken extra attacks in order:

1.) Medicine
2.) Shiki
3.) Sakuya
4.) Marisa
5.) Komachi
6.) Yuka
6.) Reimu
8.) Aya
9.) Reisen
10.) Cirno ---> WTFWALL
11.) Mostly down here isn't notable anymore

Another thing that happened to me in PoFV today was that I officially broke the game using Marisa; in Hard, I have successfully did a non-glitched pseudo-Infinite Gauge, casting level 2 and level 3 spells consecutively as my gauge quickly gets boosted back to 4. It's very situational though; both you and the opponent has to reach both 999990 B-points and stay there, then using Marisa's double-gaugefill speed, keep using level 2 and level 3 spells to get to around 200+Hit Combo, filling your gauge back along the way. Frionel and I actually tried to get into a spell loop using this; we lasted 7 minutes just exchanging stars hahahaha. Now if only Tewi can do this, she'd be immortal.
Lybydose

Zekira wrote:

I sorta feel bad about myself right now, having almost 1CC'd PoFV on Lunatic but still struggling to 1CC some Normals on the other games.
Yeah, how do you think I feel, being in the complete opposite position?
Zekira
Hey, at least most of the current and future games won't be like PoFV :
-SiN-

Zekira wrote:

but i think PoFV with all characters would be nice
Zekira

-SiN- wrote:

Zekira wrote:

but i think PoFV with all characters would be nice
Agreed with that. At least 50 characters would be awesome, with at least 1/4 of the characters from Touhou 1-5 (wanna play as Mima again :( )
Neo@lex
So uhh, Vampirish Night is dead.
Some retards on Newgrounds found out it was using this guys music, so the spammed the creator's inbox until he took the game and everything about the game down for good.
Fuck Newgrounds.
Doomsday
The guy who created the music VN used (KgZ) and the people who did the spamming seem to have cleared things up with the developer, even though the Developer hasn't confirmed if he is restarting development of it yet however. We can hope though, I guess
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mekadon_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Zekira
Ran's 2nd to the last card.

It made me freaking rage.

Especially when it hits you 6 times in a span of 15 seconds.

Seriously annoyed right now, seeing as how I almost aced everything up until this point in the Extra. It may be just because I'm not experienced to back grazing, but seriously, the spell doesn't look so messy, so it's kinda frustrating how I get hit most of the time. I've got to this point many, many times and end up dying to this card. What the hell?
James
Zekira
Oh god help, I couldn't stop laughing for 2 minutes:

Bit of a misinformation though, as Yukari's eyes aren't actually blue, and Yuuka isn't Red. If you combine Yellow and Green together though, it's like the spectrum of yellow and green scattered all over and became Red and Blue; just think, Green = Blue + Yellow, but this impurity of Green made it turn Blue, while this impurity of Yellow dragged pushed the other pure Yellow farther and eventually got it to Red. Think of it as playing with the color wheel. Oh my, I must've thought too much.
mekadon_old
Did you posted that on some forums just now?
And.. Backrazing is kinda hard to do, once you get used to it. I played training million times and (almost) mastered that <3
I used 2 spellcards in that spell while moving around. It nearly killed me.lol
I aim to complete SA's Extra now
Zekira
Neo@lex
If Amaterasu chose to gain humane characteristics she'd look like a slightly overweight stressed-out middle-aged woman. Definately not a loli.
-SiN-
EoSD english patch still beta?
Jinxy
MCD reminds me of Yuka for some reason.
mekadon_old

neo@lex wrote:

If Amaterasu chose to gain humane characteristics she'd look like a slightly overweight stressed-out middle-aged woman. Definately not a loli.
Hehe...lol'd

JInxyjem wrote:

MCD reminds me of Yuka for some reason.
What?

Still beta?
/me waits for the full release
Gabi

Zekira wrote:

Taking care of a Yatagarasu easy as 1-2-3
yaaaaaaay she smiled :>

NI~PA!
Zekira
Touhou ~Second Curtain~ Second PV

Once again Renko and Maribel hogs a lot of the screentime. Heh.

Is it just me, or are they seriously going to confirm the Maribel = Yukari rumor?
Nachy
Jinxy

NachoPiggy wrote:

Bad "Apple"!!
*JInxyjem yawns
Zekira
Just to note I've been following the translation project for the 4th M-1 Grand Prix, and I'll probably post stuff as they get released... which I believe, I will post now:

First Contenstant: "Oni Goddesses"
mekadon_old
I nearly lol'd at the vid...Is suika really a pervert?
6:25 is kinda orz

Good luck if you'd do another one...
Metroid
That made my day.errr. midnight... Now only if Suika did the ergo famous "LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMBBBLLLLLLLE!"
Zekira
In other news, I accidentally 1CC'd PoFV on Hard with Aya. What's more surprising is the replay actually saved.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/replays/th9_udZe02.rpy

By 'accidentally' I mean I never intended to do so. I was really sleepy when I did this, and I was like 'oh hey let's use Aya so that I look like a noob'. And to my surprise, this happened. I died only twice, both from the two most broken characters in Medicine and Siki. You'll notice that I wasn't taking this seriously since I'm getting hit too much in the earlier stages.
show more