forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
So, let's discuss Touhou. What games have you cleared? And on what difficulty/amount of lives/number of continues?
Vic
This game is freakin` epic. I died in level one because of one bullet ;_;
Neo@lex
I still haven't quite got used to the gameplay, I keep thinking "SHOOT THE MIKO!!" instead of "RUN AWAY FROM THE CIRCLES!!!!" and I can't get past one level without continuing, but I'll get it eventually.
can you use the mouse for movement? I can't understand the config thingy at all, so I use a gamepad.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Finally. Cleared. It. ._. Did it on Easy, 5 stock, used 2 continues.
Also, got a bad ending. Clear the game without continues? SCREW THIS I'M OUTTA HERE O_O"
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Must be, since I'm currently grabbing the rest of the games.
Slain087
I can't say I'm that good, but I can just barely manage Phantasmgoria of Flower View on Normal (Cleared with two characters, oddly enough NOT Marisa or Reimu, and I emphasize "barely"), and I can do Imperishable Night on Normal with the Border team (their homing abilities work the best) without continues (although there are a lot of deaths and deathbombs). Embodiment of Scarlet Devil keeps kicking my ass on the last two stages (damn you, Sakuya!) and I've never actually completed Perfect Cherry Blossom (my keys keep sticking there for some reason). Immaterial and Missing Power... can't even beat the first round without having to use a continue. :| It's too hard to shoot and dodge in Shoot the Bullet. I've only gotten a few scenes clear at the moment. I managed to 2cc clear Mountain of Faith... on Easy, Reimu B. Now I'm damn glad that bombs are dependent on your Power instead of being independent. Especially on that last normal attack by the final boss...

Oddly enough, I swear a similar bullet pattern to that pic in the first post was the Easy mode Last Spell card for Kaguya in Imperishable Night.
Topic Starter
Loginer
I wonder what a Touhou would be like in 3D... o_o
O.o
O___O"
Never mind. ;_;
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nocky_old
Topic Starter
Loginer
Ouch. EoSD was really short compared to PCB. And the music wasn't as good, overall. And a lot of small details are missing. Guess that's what I get for not playing them in order. :/
Slain087

Loginer wrote:

Ouch. EoSD was really short compared to PCB. And the music wasn't as good, overall. And a lot of small details are missing. Guess that's what I get for not playing them in order. :/
Could be worse. Now I'm too used to going into Phantom mode from Imperishable Night, so I oft run right into enemies while trying to figure out why focusing does nothing to gather those Power tokens.

Also, even on Normal, PoFV is hell. The enemies must have Lunatic dodging algorithms, as the last two or three enemies more often than not continue grazing the same projectile over and over as it passes, dodges by the smallest of margins, and just bombard you with L4 spells not even four seconds after you unleash just one.

Addendum: I just got Mountain of Faith, and I got surprised by the patterns that even the normal enemies take to crush you under hundreds of bullets. I miss my Master Spark though (there's no Spell Cards for you, just the enemies' - you use your familiars to bomb).
Topic Starter
Loginer
Topic Starter
Loginer
So my dad got in here after playing WoW, and saw me playing Touhou. He insulted it. If a cuss word represented a bullet, then the police would be here by now, trying to find the source of the explosion that blew up the building.
Neo@lex

Loginer wrote:

So my dad got in here after playing WoW, and saw me playing Touhou. He insulted it. If a cuss word represented a bullet, then the police would be here by now, trying to find the source of the explosion that blew up the building.
I'm not sure weather to lol or not....

I think I've finally got the movement thing down, and I got some more endings that suck.
I'm torrenting PCB, and that wierd marisa/mario/megaman game.
pokedigi
Ooh... Touhou Project! Made in Japan! It's very fast! *lol around*
Topic Starter
Loginer

pokedigi wrote:

Ooh... Touhou Project! Made in Japan! It's very fast! *lol around*
Nope, it's quite slow. The lack of an HP bar and the evil bullet curtains are the reasons it's so hard. And "lol around"? <.<
Slain087
A normal day in the life of Reimu Hakurei (the main character) during one of these events:

Sleep.
Wake up.
Notice something odd.
Go out (without Spell Cards) toward the source of the event (or just wander around, whatever floats her boat at the time).
(Usually) meet with Marisa or other allies.
Shoot at stuff, and moan about the conditions.
Dodge billions of bullets the size of her hitbox that she could do herself if she had her freakin' Spell Cards. Shoot at the source of the bullets with tiny amulets and seals which hit around three at a time - which somehow work. Smile at "killing" the enemy, and rejoice that she can be shot in the head, just not in her ribbon.
Repeat last two steps five or six times.
Return to the shrine and whine some more.
Alieax
Downloaded it using torent and all i got was mp3s, No TOUHOU!! :cry: :cry: :evil:
Slain087

Alieax wrote:

Downloaded it using torent and all i got was mp3s, No TOUHOU!! :cry: :cry: :evil:
link removed
This is the one I used to get most of them. Check other sites for Shoot The Bullet/Mountain of Faith/Immaterial and Missing Power.
show more