forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
XinCrin
Spanish at 100%
Zaros
I added a bunch to the Hebrew section, but got stuck on 3 lines that I couldn't quite figure out if anyone is willing to help?

Letterbox breaks conflicts with {0} diff.
Audio preview time conflicts with {0} diff.
Audio lead-in conflicts with {0} diff.
I think I know what they mean, but I don't want to mess it up! :D
XPJ38
Basically:
  1. The letterbox option is the insertion of black bars on top and bottom of the screen during pauses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterbox
  2. Audio preview time is the moment when the music starts when navigating in the song select screen.
  3. Audio lead-in is this: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup#Music_Lead-In
The "conflict" thingy is when the same option is not set at the same value throughout the difficulties of the map.
Zaros
Oh I see, Thanks. I added that in, and now Hebrew at 100% :3

On a side note; is there supposed to be a Hebrew section on the web/FAQ? because I couldn't find it!
XPJ38
Nah, the faq sheet of the Google Doc refers to the BanchoBot commands, and the web sheet to something that has never been implemented (yet?)

If anything, if there should be something in Hebrew, it's in the wiki. There is still nothing in Hebrew in it though.
Zaros
Oh okay, cool. I guess it's this? If so, I might have to get on it :D
XPJ38
Yes, it's this. A good start would be to create the Hebrew homepage based on the original homepage. But anyway I am going off-topic here. If you have any questions about how to do anything in the wiki, ask them in the wiki thread :)
Zaros
Oh great, thanks! Off to translating I go!
Topic Starter
peppy
Finally added localisation support for group and sort modes on song select:

SongSelection_NoGrouping
SongSelection_ByArtist
SongSelection_ByBPM
SongSelection_ByCreator
SongSelection_ByDateCreated
SongSelection_ByDifficulty
SongSelection_ByKeyCount
SongSelection_ByLength
SongSelection_ByMode
SongSelection_ByTitle
SongSelection_Collections
SongSelection_Favourites
SongSelection_Folders
SongSelection_MyMaps
SongSelection_RankAchieved
SongSelection_RankedStatus
SongSelection_RecentlyPlayed
SongSelection_Group
SongSelection_Sort
XPJ38
Is there any reason why you added all these "by"s while there is none currently?
Topic Starter
peppy

doesn't it make a lot more sense now? everything prefixed with "by" still shows all maps, while the others are filtered down. also allows for alphabetical ordering.
XPJ38
Indeed. And now I understand the purpose of SongSelection_Group and SongSelection_Sort, thanks.
- Marco -
Translated the new lines in italian :D
bem13
Hungarian fully translated. This is a long-awaited and very welcome change (for me, at least)!

Can we expect the main menu to be localisable, or are those buttons skin elements which only Supporters can change?
Zaros
Hebrew 100% after new lines! :D
XPJ38
3 new strings are out.
[cocoa]_old
Indonesia 100% Yay :D
Howl
Italian translated 100% before marcostudios does that.
XinCrin
Spanish 100 % :3
bem13
Hungarian 100%
- Marco -
Updated the traslation of OpenGL to fit the "new" one
Topic Starter
peppy
Added some new strings for configuration file header:

Zaros
Hebrew 100% with new lines :)
However - due to the fact that Israel is written right to left, every string containing a Variable ({0}, {1}, etc..) might not work. would appreciate it if this would be tested - and if it is the case, I will work on fixing them all :P
TicClick
you can test them on a local copy by editing it and marking read only
Zaros
What do you mean by that? :o
TicClick
that you can open Localisation folder, edit an appropriate translation file to whatever you want to test and then make it read only to prevent osu! from rewriting it with fresh online copy. Then you select the language, translation of which you need to test, and.. test?
Zaros
Oooooh I see, I was thinking about some.. uh.. other.. stupid things... ;_;
i'll try it now - thanks.

edit: it seems fine. edited a few different lines to make sure.
bem13
Hungarian fully translated.

TicClick wrote:

that you can open Localisation folder, edit an appropriate translation file to whatever you want to test and then make it read only to prevent osu! from rewriting it with fresh online copy. Then you select the language, translation of which you need to test, and.. test?
Thanks. I'll make use of this in the future.
bem13
I'd like to see screenshots of where the following strings are used:

JumpToDialog_Title
JumpToDialog_Showing
JumpToDialog_LimitReached

Thanks in advance!
XPJ38
I guess the first one matches what I highlighted on the screenshot but I can't find the other ones.
It would be nice if we could translate what's in the Jump To window and the "Jump To window" tooltip btw. And the tooltips of the audio player buttons too!

Marcin
Jump To... is getting reworked, basically getting rid of window form, more TBA.
bem13
Thanks, XPJ38! I see it's been removed in the meantime.

Looking forward to it Marcin :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Nyquill's work, not marcin. coming soon!
- Marco -
Translated the new lines ;)
Howl

marcostudios wrote:

Translated the new lines ;)
u ninja
- Nyurin -
just finished translating items of Traditional Chinese in 'game' page.
but I've found that some items (like the menu shows up when you click on someone's id) aren't there,
can't they be translated like others?
MillhioreF
If an item does not show up in the translation list, it isn't translatable yet. New strings are added fairly frequently, so check back every so often!
jeross
Just finished the last missing danish translations :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Thanks to whoever went over all the traditional chinese localisations. Looks like you did a good job cleaning things up.
Howl
Translated the new string in italian, and fixing some errors that marcostudios made.
show more