forum

Rank harder maps

posted
Total Posts

Should ET maps (like Thanatos, Little Hearts, unlimited spark) be allowed for ranking?

Yes
92.15%
No
7.85%
Total votes: 293
show more
Lokovodo

PyaKura wrote:

Let's all put our effort in making Ento's maps ranked \o/

also lol'd at your sig ishi
EVERYONE MOD ENTO'S MAPS GOGOGOGOGO
ArcherLove

Lokovodo wrote:

EVERYONE MOD ENTO'S MAPS GOGOGOGOGO
inb4 our mod is not needed because his map too ET!!!
NaxelCL
i'm ranked harder beatmaps this year<3
Loctav
We never discouraged lolhard maps, if the created difficulty is provided by the song you are mapping. This means that you are free to create ridiculous difficult maps, if their mapping can be reasoned in the song. We discourage overmapping, as in making the chart having more notes than the song actually provides to be mapped.
Just pick the right song and feel free to squeeze as much difficult stuff out of it, as long as the song provides it.

It has always been easier to rank boring animuuuu ugugu maps, but they are boring, because the songs are already boring. But they are easier mapped and ranked faster (easier to mod, less complicated)

But please consider that all sets need a proper spread. If you have lolhard difficulties, the other diffs must provide a decent spread to let all players of mania being able to enjoy your set, regardless of how good they are.

Easy maps can be played by everyone. Hard ones can't. That's why the spread is needed.

Whenever you want to have a revision on a readymade really hard chart set, that is reasonably mapped based on the song (read as: still hell hard but not stupidly over mapped), then we/especially me are up to help you getting in ranked.

I don't know who spread the idea that too hard maps can't be ranked. This is wrong.
Charles445
I'm looking forward to operation EnTozer personally
ArcherLove
well .... maaan~ These days many japanese cartoon's songs get ranked =w= ~
PyaKura
Rank more instrumental/electronical stuff seriously like BMS artists songs, they have a lot more potential mapping-wise. >.>
Loctav
If you want them ranked, you should map them?
PyaKura
I was indirectly speaking to other "popular" mappers. I'm currently working on one of these song (and I'm almost done with it, only hitsounds are left but I -still- don't know how to deal with them correctly...). ._.
Actually very few mappers rank interesting stuff regularly (Spy's SDVX songs, Ento, Liese, luyuja, well actually Ento still maps jap stuff but his mapping style makes it so his maps aren't boring in the slightest).
ArcherLove
yep currently working on those maps .. but ... not enough experience ...
Maiz94

ArcherLove wrote:

yep currently working on those maps .. but ... not enough experience ...
Start learning and review ranked map one by one then. :D
PyaKura
new sig says it all
kidlat020
o!m mappers, stop mapping anime stuff, start mapping electronical/instrumental music.
personally I don't mind anime stuff as long as they do their relevant difficulty. That said, I can't pass Ento's Gigantic O.T.N. But I don't want to start dieting. What a dilemma.

Also, classical music needs more love.
PyaKura

kidlat020 wrote:

o!m mappers, stop mapping anime stuff, start mapping electronical/instrumental music.
personally I don't mind anime stuff as long as they do their relevant difficulty. That said, I can't pass Ento's Gigantic O.T.N. But I don't want to start dieting. What a dilemma.

Also, classical music needs more love.
Thing is that I'm getting the feeling that mappers don't actually try to improve by mapping anything harder. I mean most jap music are just a main track, a secondary track (which usually results in generic longass LNs) and drum sounds (chords weeeee). The main patterns are usually 1 or 2 LNs + chords spaced out by 1/2, and occasionnally a stair/double-stair once in a while. Of course there are some jap stuff (fripside for example) who are less, huh, "pop/rock" and stand out with many other background sounds (hello electronical music), making them much more interesting to map.

We need diversity.

And I agree with you about classical music. I have to finish my Two Steps From Hell map as well >.<
Vuelo Eluko
i agree!
especially now that all the pros are coming over to osu from their mania-like games
compare o!m to most of the games they came from... Pretty much the game is bare bones in comparison. It needs a good community [check?] and maps to make people stay right
kidlat020

PyaKura wrote:

Thing is that I'm getting the feeling that mappers don't actually try to improve by mapping anything harder. I mean most jap music are just a main track, a secondary track (which usually results in generic longass LNs) and drum sounds (chords weeeee). The main patterns are usually 1 or 2 LNs + chords spaced out by 1/2, and occasionnally a stair/double-stair once in a while. Of course there are some jap stuff (fripside for example) who are less, huh, "pop/rock" and stand out with many other background sounds (hello electronical music), making them much more interesting to map.

We need diversity.

And I agree with you about classical music. I have to finish my Two Steps From Hell map as well >.<
well, you gotta blame the general media for this. barely anybody would listen to classical music now, and that's because of trends and media's fault. same with your instrumental / electronic music.

sadly mappers only map what they like. can't blame them either.
Maiz94

kidlat020 wrote:

well, you gotta blame the general media for this. barely anybody would listen to classical music now, and that's because of trends and media's fault. same with your instrumental / electronic music.

Yup, when a trend infected the community, there'd be no cure to heal it. :roll:
kidlat020

ishimaru94 wrote:

kidlat020 wrote:

Yup, when a trend infected the community, there'd be no cure to heal it. :roll:
Ughh. Now I remember a certain game where its community are balancing the game according to trends / competitive scene. those guys are more cancerous than anything.
PyaKura
*cough*leagueofretards*cough*

In any case, it doesn't hurt to put this in a sig, and I know I'm not alone to think like this. (proof is you guys hue)
Maiz94

PyaKura wrote:

In any case, it doesn't hurt to put this in a sig, and I know I'm not alone to think like this. (proof is you guys hue)
ArcherLove

ishimaru94 wrote:

that's goodnudepose ~
kidlat020

PyaKura wrote:

worry, you're plain wrong.
Kamikaze
Now oficially supporting this thread with awesome banner by Miyu
hue
Aurele
You want harder maps to get ranked? Start by mapping them and get them ranked.
PyaKura
Some people here don't get the situation. Well, whatever.

Btw nice banner Kamikaze, gz Miyu. :D
Rumia-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Now oficially supporting this thread with awesome banner by Miyu
hue
im not stopping maping anime songs lol.
i map what i like . if bms tackles my attention , i map them .
asking people stop mapping anime song isnt really the right thing to do though.
its cool if bms song can be found here often.
Aqo

Gabe wrote:

mapping them
ok

Gabe wrote:

get them ranked.
hahahahaha

so now are we supposed to ask why Workaholic took over a year to rank and on top of this [Ghost] isn't ranked with no valid reason from a BAT? rip Agka. The problem isn't in the mappers, it's in the dysfunctional ranking system. Nobody has motivation to try to rank harder maps because the system for it is flawed at the moment, that's what's being asked to address here.
PyaKura
@Rumia : note that some anime maps aren't boring though (hello DJP's only my railgun), but most are. I didn't mean it as stop mapping anime stuff altogether.

(Btw this has nothing to do with the current topic)
Aqo
RUMIA DON'T LISTEN TO THEM STOP DELETING YOUR MAPS

rip nekowaltz ;_;
Rumia-

PyaKura wrote:

@Rumia : note that some anime maps aren't boring though (hello DJP's only my railgun), but most are. I didn't mean it as stop mapping anime stuff altogether.

(Btw this has nothing to do with the current topic)
lol sorry i was distracted by kamikaze's banner lolol
rip nekowaltz.
Kamikaze
D: Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you should stop mapping anime maps completely, I just meant than mappers should map less anime and more BMS stuff,a bit of misunderstanding here
Didn't mean to create a commotion, more like I thought nobody would care much lolololol
PyaKura
My ugly ava and sig went out of my control omgomgomg, I found them errwhere in others sigs and userpage
TheVileOne
Perhaps you should consider the number of trustworthy modders that have the experience to be considered for a osu!mania BAT.

(BTW the community came up with the ranking criteria for Mania. Don't act like you guys didn't have a say in forming what is allowed/ not allowed).

Make a difference and start working with the current mania BATs and working towards getting the maps the community wants ranked ranked. It's not helpful to sit on the sideline and complain about it.
Drace
We had no say in the ranking criteria. People started spouting random rules and they got accepted to make the mess it currently is. Everyone hates just about every bit of the current RCs. Sure we managed to change a couple things after much arguing, but it's only the equivalent of plucking a couple weeds in a forest.

You say get the help of trusty modders, but every single big modder is here sharing the same opinion. Even an ex-bat.

Don't pretend you care and get informed before wasting time. This thread is contributing to certain degrees of positive changes here, of course you wouldn't care enough to notice.

This goes to Gabe too
TheVileOne
Are you referring to the full spread must be given for each key rule that got passed?

Map the proper number of difficulties required and be done with it. This has nothing to do with the content on any one map. If you can make one mania difficulty, you can make a second one.
Drace
Why thank you for your wisdom oh great one. You've just solved all our problems! Wow why didn't we think of this...! I feel so STUPID now!

Seriously, get a hold of yourself and don't go around telling people they should just work harder or try harder. Do you have any idea how insulting and ignorant that is? Who do you think you are? It's precisely what were doing. It's the purpose of this thread. Do you HONESTLY think you did a positive contribution with your last couple posts?

We can do just fine without meaninglessly negative posts tyvm
TheVileOne
I mainly came in to encourage people to make a bigger difference modding wise, but you had to mention mysterious changes to the rule that are suddenly preventing maps from being ranked. The main reason that maps aren't being ranked is probably because of inactive BATs. I don't know of any particular restrictions pattern-wise that would prevent a map from being ranked even if it is on an extreme scale. At least not patterns that weren't agreed to be disallowed from the start.
Drace
Try looking into why the elusive "Ghost" diff from Agka's Workaholic didn't get ranked.
TheVileOne
I don't think I should need to. Unless it is an official written rule, it shouldn't be classified as unrankable. If there are BATs making up unwritten rules then I'm not sure what to say about that. They are not supposed to.
Maiz94

Aqo wrote:

Gabe wrote:

mapping them
ok

Gabe wrote:

get them ranked.
hahahahaha

so now are we supposed to ask why Workaholic took over a year to rank and on top of this [Ghost] isn't ranked with no valid reason from a BAT? rip Agka. The problem isn't in the mappers, it's in the dysfunctional ranking system. Nobody has motivation to try to rank harder maps because the system for it is flawed at the moment, that's what's being asked to address here.
Yes, I would really want to know why Ghost diff isn't ranked? No valid reason? Is that it?
If it is, that's why OP created this thread to let BATs out there to realize the purpose of making harder maps getting into ranked regardless it may be ET which is unusual map that we didn't think of or just another casual Extreme diff like other ranked maps.

If it's not, tell us why you BATs didn't want to rank it instead of saying with no valid reason or whatever it is.
show more