forum

Live collaborative mapping.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,526
show more
_dog
I've had plans for video mapping tutorials for awhile but my mic broke. I could setup my phone mic again, but will probably wait until I get a new mic.

Suggestions:
also it would be nice to be able to see the a coloured circled where your partners cursor is and it has there name in a box next to the cursor so when collabing with multiple people you can see who is placing what. Also a non f8 chatbox in the corner with appearing actions, such as "mapper1 just rotated on 'time'." "mapper2 just removed a slider on 'time'." Also, it'd be nice to assign actual roles such as storyboarder where the storyboarder is creating themselves, and to prevent any lag problems has a button when they want to send the files of the sb to all the other people and the room, and once clicking the button each player in the room can click yes or no if they want the file at the moment depending on what they are doing and their net.

Also, this would mean implementing multiple creators into the metadata, so on the menu maybe a button next to the song on the seleet screen that shows all the creators and the main creator in the normal spot as it is right now. Also, this goes to the whole bookmark suggestion I made in #modhelp but never had a chance to request, bookmarks not only let you jump to places quickly, but you can place notes on the bookmarks. So when on a bookmark there is a button where all the other bookmark tools and once clicked, you can enter in a note and save, that note will be able to read by all members and you and can only be deleted by the creator.
Zexous
yes please
Hard
i'd support this to. well i did :D
theleoleole
Wow that's a very genius idea :D
GenoClysm
This is an interesting idea. +2
osu!drive much
Kardet
Not sure if I would ever use this, (since I'm terrible at mapping) but it seems like a really cool idea and I would love to see it implemented.

+26 ;)
Riari

Kardet wrote:

Not sure if I would ever use this, (since I'm terrible at mapping) but it seems like a really cool idea and I would love to see it implemented.

+26 ;)
Same here.

+10
HanzeR
have my little stars (ж>▽<)y ☆
Liiraye
+6 for LiinzeR ltd
_dog
welp seeing as im in the process of ordering a mic once it gets here ill be making tutorials daily each being short to about 5 - 10 minutes except for the longer ones being the introduction and explanations on how to use them together. I;m looking for a good creative commons song i can use for the tutorials
Topic Starter
cheesiest
Thanks so much you guys for your support! (-:
Avena
No stars to give but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
gogo mapping spectation o3o
Azer
oh hey stars
[Luanny]
why isn't this a thing yet?
Starz0r

[Luanny] wrote:

why isn't this a thing yet?
I think peppy said why somewhere in this thread. :P

EDIT: Found It!

peppy wrote:

I'll make a deal: If someone creates a series of video tutorials on mapping in osu! – something I've hoped would have been done by now without even having to ask – I will put everything to one side and make something like this happen. This is not a new idea, and it is something I have been keen to implement, but there is a lot involved in making it work correctly.

Hell, I might even settle for new video tutorials on installing and loading new maps into osu! or anything really. I's so sad to see so few quality tutorial videos :(.
TheVileOne
ztrot is hard at work to convince peppy into making this happen. Everyone randomly PM him with appreciation.

@ztrot trollface
Natteke desu

Raose wrote:

s u p p o r t
Enipizza
Take my star !
Japowpow
I was told to show support for this idea. Ok cheesiest.

I support this idea.

Edit: No star ;_; maybe i will come back later with one
captin1
I gave a couple stars :3
Kurokocchi
+1 for a great idea :D
_dog
tutorials coming soon seeing as my mic arrives tomorrow but firat need my tongue and gums to heal because of bullshit
[ Scarlet Red ]
This could be epic, you and a group of friends making a map together, it could make maps be done in less time than normal. Even teaching a friend how to map would be easier! I really do believe this should be implimented!!!
Timorisu

Timorisu wrote:

Raose wrote:

s u p p o r t
²

6 stars :)
Coffee Hero
I would love to see this :)
AGRX
SUPPORT 50 VOTES!
SuperMIC
I think this would be a great idea that promotes collaboration :O

support
Hard
support! I support this hard! OMG !

Imagine how awesome this would be to TEACH mapping, but also to collab together. So nice. So gut.
Liiraye

peppy wrote:

I'll make a deal: If someone creates a series of video tutorials on mapping in osu! – something I've hoped would have been done by now without even having to ask – I will put everything to one side and make something like this happen. This is not a new idea, and it is something I have been keen to implement, but there is a lot involved in making it work correctly.

Hell, I might even settle for new video tutorials on installing and loading new maps into osu! or anything really. I's so sad to see so few quality tutorial videos :(.

I soo hope this is one of the 2014 big surprises! :D
meigs2
What mapping videos have been made? I'd be more than happy to make a few to get this implemented! I have enough knowledge on mapping to make some basic tutorials like timing a map or setting the offset and some basic mapping techniques. I guess I'll also make some videos on some basic stuff like setting your universal offset and using a skin. What other videos should I make?

+support
Liiraye

meigs2 wrote:

What mapping videos have been made? I'd be more than happy to make a few to get this implemented! I have enough knowledge on mapping to make some basic tutorials like timing a map or setting the offset and some basic mapping techniques. I guess I'll also make some videos on some basic stuff like setting your universal offset and using a skin. What other videos should I make?

+support

http://www.youtube.com/user/osuacademy/videos

We don't have to do anything, it's already done and more vids keep coming out by a selected few people. All we have to do now is to await this feature! :)
meigs2

Liiraye wrote:

meigs2 wrote:

+support

http://www.youtube.com/user/osuacademy/videos

We don't have to do anything, it's already done and more vids keep coming out by a selected few people. All we have to do now is to await this feature! :)
Perfect. Thanks!
Wafu
Will be hard to implement.. but I still support this. However if it doesn't happen, there could be at least ability to give a mapper permission to update his own difficulty.
SkyDevil
wawwwwww +vote
dennischan
Whoops no votes ~~~
Yet absolutely support this idea! Best idea seen on this subforum~
(reviving this thread)
xtrem3x
4 stars for this idea XDDD
Liiraye
A status update from peppy would be great...
Jaxalotl
I support this.

It would be good for this to be implemented.

Go Go Go peppy o/
PyaKura
As much as I'd like to see this feature implemented, remember what peppy said a few pages back :

peppy wrote:

Giving this feature req more stars isn't going to lead us anywhere lol

I have plans of making mania mapping tuts, but o!m isn't the main mode.
Would ztrot's osu!academy count towards this goal ? :'D
onotoleonide
cool yeah
show more