forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
Since when lynching potential useful PRs that are lurking due to avoid Night kills is pro-town
Tanzklaue
it is in 100% of the cases better to have an exposed PR as opposed to hidden scum.
Sakura
Hidden scum can be found in future days tho. They wont be able to remain hidden too long anyway
Tanzklaue

Sakura wrote:

Since when lynching potential useful PRs that are lurking due to avoid Night kills is pro-town
since like forever. lurking people have to deal with the consequences, lurking always builds suspicion on you.

you say that kanye is a potential pro-town PR. but he also could be potential scum. you're argument is fallacious, since you can't know what he is. except you're both scum.

I think I wasn't that far off when i assumed that you fear my ability.
Tanzklaue

Sakura wrote:

Hidden scum can be found in future days tho. They wont be able to remain hidden too long anyway
you could find hidden scum now, as opposed to lynching a not-really-that-scummy-and-already-claimed PR.

you're arguments get really weak now, sakura.
Sakura
No, i don't fear your ability, but i think you're the one that's acting the scummiest of the active players, which is why I'm voting you, both you and farto's reasonings for suspecting kanye kinda sux, tho at least farto has some "sort of" validity because of said meta... even tho said meta is biased.
Tanzklaue
I think you're acting the scummiest out of the active players.

also, to get back to your argument of lynching useful town PRs: I said I'm a gunsmith. gunsmiths are fairly useful town PRs. so why would you risk lynching a PR you know that is useful and not a maybe possibly useful PR?
fartownik
So you have a better suspect than Kanye, Sakura? Tanz is more likely to be scum with his activity, pretty believable claim, analyzing, quick posts? Really? That makes no bloody sense. Why are you so sure Kanye is Town?
fartownik
Also someone mentioned a Lover role used by pieguy in previous game. Maybe Sakura is a Lover with Kanye and she doesn't want him dead by this?
Sakura
I never said I was sure kanye was town, i just rather lynch my scumread over my null read.
Sakura
Also I still don't see how is a flavor gunsmith useful at all (i never thought my flavor cop on LoL was useful in any way)
Tanzklaue

Sakura wrote:

Also I still don't see how is a flavor gunsmith useful at all (i never thought my flavor cop on LoL was useful in any way)
it's a normal gunsmith. I thought it was a flavour gunsmith, since he searches for the flavour of gun.

there is only the gunsmith, and no variations. everything else would be called differently.
Tanzklaue
*Ithought that it would be called flavour gunsmith
fartownik
I'm sorry, but this discussion really tired me already. I'm staying on Kanye unless someone claims fucking scum, hopefully I wake up tomorrow to see some good hammer. Good night.
Tanzklaue
well, and I don't really see any reason to discuss this any further without input from all the guys from the other side of the planet.
VoidnOwO
:)
Sakura
And you got nothing else to say BRBP?
Sakura
inb4 we lynch Kanye and he turns out doctor or something, like really, you guys aren't even thinking before acting.
Tanzklaue

Sakura wrote:

inb4 we lynch Kanye and he turns out doctor or something, like really, you guys aren't even thinking before acting.
inb4 you lynch me and I turn gunsmith just like I said.

we don't know what kanye is, speculating what he might be is fallacious and not helpful, and it isn't an argument against him.
Sakura
If you're town I can just revive you if there's a doc and I survive this night.
Tanzklaue
reviving me won't help you at all. my role is already gone. also speculating that you will survive the night is another assumption, and it isn't a given. if anything, if you survive the night, it will strenghthen the scumtell on you.

also, why so fixated on doctors this game? like, you asked me an awful lot about doctors. you said earlier that a doctor could rescue you. you say that kanye might be a doctor. you say again that a doctor could save you, and that this doctor might be kanye (that is what you hinted at, eh?).
Sakura
Because a doctor can save me so I can revive people obviously.

@Tanz: It WILL help, but the way you're going, you're just going to run everyone to danger and force them to claim, so at this pace, what good did it do to say no to mass claiming? we already know the characters and abilities of 3 people, and you want to reveal a 4th.
Tanzklaue
I don't want to reveal a 4th. I want to catch scum. I think kanye is scum. a claim is normally only the last resort, if nothing else helps anymore. anybody you'll try to lynch will claim sooner or later, since everyone has a PR. not going after scum because they might be a useful PR is just not an good argument.
Sakura

Tanzklaue wrote:

I don't want to reveal a 4th. I want to catch scum. I think kanye is scum. a claim is normally only the last resort, if nothing else helps anymore. anybody you'll try to lynch will claim sooner or later, since everyone has a PR. not going after scum because they might be a useful PR is just not an good argument.
Like you?
Tanzklaue
no, because I am not scum.

it actually doesn't help to discuss anything with you. I will wait until RB, lilac etc. come back and post their opinions. they will basically decide what happens from now on.
Sakura

Tanzklaue wrote:

no, because I am not scum.
Oh really! How interesting.
Sakura
You're the same as kanye... you MIGHT be a useful town PR, or you MIGHT be an useless scum PR. I might be a useful Town PR, or I might be a useful scum PR, there's simply no way of telling, i'm just going by your attitude so far which seems to stem on wanting to deflect onto one of the inactives, kanye.
Kitsunemimi
....I honestly think this has gotten too far...
Sakura
just because I'm death tunneling Tanz to figure his alignment?
Kitsunemimi
You guys haven't really proven anything in the last few pages, it was just a straight back-and-forth argument. At this rate, you guys are just making yourself look worse imo. Sometimes it's better to just step back and rethink your strategy, no?

I'll agree with you that Tanz still looks pretty suspicious, his claim was kinda weird, and going after lurkers instead isn't really the best thing to do. But since you've been hammering away so hard on him, it's made it really hard for other people to post. At least, I personally couldn't come up with much to say. We need consensus to lynch people, right? So let's wait a bit and have a listen on what other people think?
fartownik
Last posts before heading to the bed.

Look at the page 31. Then look at the total amount of pages. 38-31 = 7. You have been fighting with Tanz for 7 pages straight, don't you think a solution would already be found if there was an actual one for this? I really feel sorry for the people that are gonna wake up to this and have to read through it all, making some sense out of it.
Kitsunemimi
;~;
Sakura
Those 7 pages helped me figure out Tanz stances and reasons, so they aren't a waste.

You never replied to my statement regarding kanye's town meta tho
VoidnOwO
VoidnOwO
Sakura

BRBP wrote:

Right, Kanye...

I'd rather lynch scummy people instead of inactive people first.
That's EXACTLY what i've been trying to say those 7 pages, OMG someone that understands has appeared.
fartownik
omg Sakura + BRBP scumteam
Kitsunemimi
The problem is that I'm not sure if Tanz is scummy enough for us to be so focused on him. I don't really feel like looking for it, but Kanye said something like "acting scummy =/= actually being scum". In the end, because of this uncertainty, the likelihood of either Tanz or Kanye flipping town is probably somewhat similar - that is, I'm almost equally unsure of whether Kanye is scum as I am unsure of Tanz. Of course, to me, Tanz is more scummy, but not everyone agrees...
Raging Bull
I voted for Kanye based on how he played in DotA, granted there wasn't much.

@Kanye, then actually start posting more instead of popping in after every prod.

fartownik wrote:

I really feel sorry for the people that are gonna wake up to this and have to read through it all, making some sense out of it.

Truthfully, I only read up to like page 34.

@Sakura, did you honestly get anything out of it? Or are you still just tunnelling the hell out of Tanz? Honestly, only thing I agreed was the claim and how odd it was for Tanz to claim gunsmith and then got confused the hell out his own "role" , but other than that, during your back and forth argument, did you honestly get anything at all? What is your stance on Tanz then?

I think for the time being, my current suspects are Tanz/Sakura. To me, one is probably scum. Tunnelling the hell out of a useful player? Or Roleclaiming but doesn't seem like he knows his own role? Both.....maybe scum but a very low chance. I don't think anyone would argue for 7 pages and be scum buddies.

Kanye for his general activity here. The only time he tends to post is after a prod. He's saying he's actually busy during DotA but this time, you can see he obviously moderates his own game.

BRBP to me is just.....i don't know. His actions weren't justified and just because he's a dayvig doesn't confirm he's town I suppose. Honestly, even I used the wiki when I was checking dayvig. Maybe pieguy isn't a bastard mod, but you'll never know. Of course I could be wrong.
Sakura
Exactly, you must look at intent, which is why I'm voting Tanz.
show more