forum

[resolved] Bancho connectivity help & troubleshooting

posted
Total Posts
show more
XPJ38

ZedCraftOnline wrote:

but it doesn't pop anything
Maybe that's because you're running the game in full screen? Untick "Fullscreen mode" under the Graphics tab and see it is any better.
ZedCraftOnline

XPJ38 wrote:

ZedCraftOnline wrote:

but it doesn't pop anything
Maybe that's because you're running the game in full screen? Untick "Fullscreen mode" under the Graphics tab and see it is any better.
thanks but i downloaded again and it worked
Toppcom
I want to play with my friends, i can log in, start a lobby, but after a short while i disconnect. First i get removed from the game lobby, (if I was in one) NOTE: my friends can't see me in lobby, but i can still see the lobby. Then I get sent back to the main menu. I've enabled Osu! in my firewall, and made a rule for the ports. I'm not loosing my internet, as i am still skyping with my friends when i drop.
yorickblabla
Hello people,

I hope anyone here is able to help me.

27-04-1013 i had to run an osu update, which installed fine (as far as i could see)
When i started playing, i notices a split second freeze every 2 seconds. A friend of mine suggested repairing osu via the original installer.
I did repair osu, and after re-initialising every song the freeze was gone; however, i wasn't able to connect to bancho ever since. Does anyone know any reason as to why that is? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Specifics:
i'm running a viao laptop with windows 7 SP 1.
Processor: Intil Core i3-2310M with 2.10Ghz
4,00 Gb RAM
640bit operating system
AMD Radeon HA 6470M video card (?)

My knowledge on these kind of subjects is minimal, so it could be something very simple.
I have tried restarting osu, restarting my laptop and anything suggested above.

Again, thanks in advance for any suggestions

Yorick

Edit: Nevermind, somehow things worked out after reinstalling osu 4 times.
ZenoDiac
My game disconnects from bancho only when I push F8/F9(to see friends),which is weird. It then reconnects after 5 secs, which is a bugger when trying to play online and getting kicked out.
I've tried about all the solutions listed and nothing seemed to work for my disconnection problems.I asked a friend to come test his game on my line and he received the same problems.
Thus I conclude it to be my internet connection - though I have NO problems at with any of my other online games. Perhaps the port is being shaped? Though it should be unshaped for games...Any help?
funnytrees
My scores don't seem to be submitting. After finishing a song, the screen is stuck on "Receiving online scores...".
My firewall allows osu!, ports 13381 and 13382 are open. I can log in, play multiplayer etc.

Trace Route to osu.ppy.sh
SPOILER
Hop IP Address Host Name Response Time
=== ========== ========= =============
1 192.168.1.1 2 ms
2 10.1.80.1 10 ms
3 130.81.46.82 P0-5-0-4.WASHDC-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net 12 ms
4 130.81.199.130 ae3-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net 18 ms
5 152.63.38.117 0.xe-4-0-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET 13 ms
6 129.250.8.33 ae-20.r04.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net 52 ms
7 69.31.31.32 xe-4-0-3.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net 12 ms
8 69.31.31.90 as13335.xe-7-0-3.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net 11 ms
9 69.31.31.90 as13335.xe-7-0-3.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net 11 ms
10 108.162.203.94 28 ms
Trace complete

Trace Route to cho.ppy.sh
SPOILER
1 192.168.1.1 1 ms
2 10.1.80.1 10 ms
3 130.81.46.80 P0-5-0-4.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net 10 ms
4 130.81.209.222 ae5-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net 10 ms
5 152.63.38.165 0.xe-10-0-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET 11 ms
6 4.68.62.137 ae17.edge1.washingtondc12.level3.net 15 ms
7 4.69.158.18 vl-3501-ve-115.ebr1.Washington12.Level3.net 23 ms
8 4.69.143.217 ae-8-8.ebr1.Washington1.Level3.net 12 ms
9 4.69.134.134 ae-71-71.csw2.Washington1.Level3.net 28 ms
10 4.69.149.82 ae-2-70.edge3.Washington4.Level3.net 13 ms
11 4.53.116.66 SOFTLAYER-T.edge3.Washington4.Level3.net 15 ms
12 173.192.18.195 ae7.bbr02.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com 18 ms
13 173.192.18.155 ae1.bbr02.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com 48 ms
14 173.192.18.131 ae1.bbr02.cs01.den01.networklayer.com 60 ms
15 173.192.18.148 ae1.bbr01.eq01.sjc02.networklayer.com 84 ms
16 173.192.18.249 ae5.dar01.sr01.sjc01.networklayer.com 84 ms
17 50.23.118.131 po1.fcr01.sr01.sjc01.networklayer.com 86 ms
18 No reply from host
19 No reply from host
20 No reply from host
21 No reply from host
etc...
Trace Routes were the same in two different locations.

Any other solutions other than wait?
YunoFanatic
or just ur connection is slow
Zaphirox

funnytrees wrote:

My scores don't seem to be submitting. After finishing a song, the screen is stuck on "Receiving online scores...".
My firewall allows osu!, ports 13381 and 13382 are open. I can log in, play multiplayer etc.

Trace Route to osu.ppy.sh
SPOILER
1 192.168.1.1 2 ms
2 10.1.80.1 10 ms
3 130.81.46.82 P0-5-0-4.WASHDC-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net 12 ms
4 130.81.199.130 ae3-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net 18 ms
5 152.63.38.117 0.xe-4-0-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET 13 ms
6 129.250.8.33 ae-20.r04.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net 52 ms
7 69.31.31.32 xe-4-0-3.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net 12 ms
8 69.31.31.90 as13335.xe-7-0-3.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net 11 ms
9 69.31.31.90 as13335.xe-7-0-3.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net 11 ms
10 108.162.203.94 28 ms
Trace complete

Trace Route to cho.ppy.sh
SPOILER
1 192.168.1.1 1 ms
2 10.1.80.1 10 ms
3 130.81.46.80 P0-5-0-4.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net 10 ms
4 130.81.209.222 ae5-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net 10 ms
5 152.63.38.165 0.xe-10-0-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET 11 ms
6 4.68.62.137 ae17.edge1.washingtondc12.level3.net 15 ms
7 4.69.158.18 vl-3501-ve-115.ebr1.Washington12.Level3.net 23 ms
8 4.69.143.217 ae-8-8.ebr1.Washington1.Level3.net 12 ms
9 4.69.134.134 ae-71-71.csw2.Washington1.Level3.net 28 ms
10 4.69.149.82 ae-2-70.edge3.Washington4.Level3.net 13 ms
11 4.53.116.66 SOFTLAYER-T.edge3.Washington4.Level3.net 15 ms
12 173.192.18.195 ae7.bbr02.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com 18 ms
13 173.192.18.155 ae1.bbr02.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com 48 ms
14 173.192.18.131 ae1.bbr02.cs01.den01.networklayer.com 60 ms
15 173.192.18.148 ae1.bbr01.eq01.sjc02.networklayer.com 84 ms
16 173.192.18.249 ae5.dar01.sr01.sjc01.networklayer.com 84 ms
17 50.23.118.131 po1.fcr01.sr01.sjc01.networklayer.com 86 ms
18 No reply from host
19 No reply from host
20 No reply from host
21 No reply from host
etc...
Trace Routes were the same in two different locations.

Any other solutions other than wait?
hmm I can totally say click local score then go back to global ranking then press f5 works well for me though
Kamala_old
:o เชื่อมต่อ Bancho ไม่ได้
Ascendantt
Hi ... I've got a problem with connectivity. After this last patch i cant get online. Everytime i see only Reconecting and thats all.
pls help.
Sry for my Eng.
ZenoDiac

Ascendantt wrote:

Hi ... I've got a problem with connectivity. After this last patch i cant get online. Everytime i see only Reconecting and thats all.
pls help.
Sry for my Eng.
They put up a notice that they're currently running off a backup bancho server so perhaps just give it some time till they can sort it out and it should return to normal. You can check https://twitter.com/osustatus for future updates.
Kalle_old_1

ZenoDiac wrote:

Ascendantt wrote:

pls help.
Sry for my Eng.
They put up a notice that they're currently running off a backup bancho server so perhaps just give it some time till they can sort it out and it should return to normal. You can check https://twitter.com/osustatus for future updates.
I'm still having this problem, even though it has already been fixed, i've even re-installed osu and updated it multiple times but it doesn't fix the problem...
MillhioreF
I had to wait about 2 minutes to connect the first time after the backup bancho server was removed. Try waiting at the main menu for a while.
Kalle_old_1

MillhioreF wrote:

I had to wait about 2 minutes to connect the first time after the backup bancho server was removed. Try waiting at the main menu for a while.
Going for 12 hours so far with no avail.
Hiryuu_old
I have one friend who is also experiencing the same type of problem as Kalle has. She cannot connect to bancho to get online, though from time to time whenever she has a connection and starts to play and finishes a song, none of the scores she does gets uploaded. It just shows that's attempting to upload the score but nothing happens. She cannot connect to the website either.
Kalle_old_1

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

I have one friend who is also experiencing the same type of problem as Kalle has. She cannot connect to bancho to get online, though from time to time whenever she has a connection and starts to play and finishes a song, none of the scores she does gets uploaded. It just shows that's attempting to upload the score but nothing happens. She cannot connect to the website either.
I can submit scores perfectly fine, its just that i can't play multi, use chat or see highscores other than local, also my supporter privileges like osu!direct or fun spoilers without clearing aren't working.
Noriko
That one friend aka me has now access to osu!direct as well as the website, but what really ticks me off is the fact that no matter which song I play, it lags like no tomorrow, freezing the picture and sound every two-three seconds, and the more there are sliders, the worse is the lag. I have had slight lagging before, that's for sure, but after this... fiasco all the game does is lag, lag, lag. No way I can play like this, my combo breaking after 10 hits. I re-installed osu, I even killed my 17k+ beatmaps, my firewall has been up since forever and so far it hasn't caused me any trouble, also there are only a few programs running on the background, less than usual, so it can't be the reason of the lag.
Also, at times osu!direct fails to connect and when switching game modes, the game doesn't change my rank and accuracy slot.
ZenoDiac

takuyakenzo wrote:

That one friend aka me has now access to osu!direct as well as the website, but what really ticks me off is the fact that no matter which song I play, it lags like no tomorrow, freezing the picture and sound every two-three seconds, and the more there are sliders, the worse is the lag. I have had slight lagging before, that's for sure, but after this... fiasco all the game does is lag, lag, lag. No way I can play like this, my combo breaking after 10 hits. I re-installed osu, I even killed my 17k+ beatmaps, my firewall has been up since forever and so far it hasn't caused me any trouble, also there are only a few programs running on the background, less than usual, so it can't be the reason of the lag.
Also, at times osu!direct fails to connect and when switching game modes, the game doesn't change my rank and accuracy slot.
This can't be connectivity problem - does any of your other games do this too? But see if this might help:

Set the framelimit: You can access that ingame under Options>>Graphics tab>> Frame Limiter: set to Unlimited
Alternatively press F7 ingame untill you see "Unlimited".
OR
Unless you have a reeeeeeealy basic pc and I mean BASIC PC, you should disable some extra effects under the graphics tab and lower the screen resolution.

>killed 17K beatmaps. wow :o
Noriko
I tried it already, but it didn't solve any problems. The rest of my games in this computer run well and get laggy after awhile (but after like, 30 minutes or so), when right now, osu starts lagging immediately. I used all the available frame limiter options and all it did was nothing. All extra effects except combo bursts are disabled and that wasn't the problem before either.

Okay, I'm writing this post after having my computer sit for the night, and so far the game has been running normally, although I had to switch from my native resolution 1440x900 to 1024x768 and back for the game to start running smoothly again. So far so good.
Benetnasch
I'm having difficulty connecting, as well. I played for well over an hour today, but could not connect at all. Most of my scores, however, were saved. I first noticed this problem today, but the game had been running fine a few days ago.

Edit: Whatever the problem was, it's fixed now.
XPJ38
Why was this thread [assigned] and unstickied? This makes no sense.
Abygall

Shimasu wrote:

For some reason I cant even login to my osu! I not sure if the sever is slow or what but it getting really annoying.
Maybe your internet is slow,or because of BanchoBot.
Kyest
Hey people,

I'm currently having an issue with the Login on osu!. I jus can't log-in :o

I've already done tried the things said here. I've set off the firewall and antivirus to test if they were the problem, but they weren't. I've tried opening the TCP ports 13381 and 13382, but still nothing. I've also tried to reinstall, but it didn't worked. Also checked for the status of the server, and it looks ok.

I was comparing my tracert with the one from other people who posted it here, and it certainly shows that something is not right, but I don't know how to fix it. =/
It's here; please, someone know what I have to do?

Thanks, in advance. ;D
mmnah
REPOST FROM THIS THREAD

Issue:
Bad connection to bancho servers

Description:
Sometimes it takes about 10 minutes to retrieve the song's ladder, to load up osu!direct, to retrieve summary at the end of the song, whilst website works fine and fast during those "delays".
Everything was ok before those continuous DDoS attacks that was not that long ago. I didn't change or touch anything since then. I have my pc up 24/7 so i even didn't turn it down.

Firewall:

Router settings:
Kyest

Kyest wrote:

Hey people,

I'm currently having an issue with the Login on osu!. I jus can't log-in :o
The problem mysteryously was solved by itself. :D
VidayM
I can't login to Bancho with my new Account, but I can with my friend' one, which is older. I simply dont understand what's happening. I need help, this is apparently not a connection problem. Banchobot ?
Chi-kun
I'm still having the problem with trying to log into osu. My scores won't send and I can't play multiplayer.
Everyone's problems seemed to fix themselves, but mine seems to persist after about 1 month. Plus, whenever I try to update, this error shows.

http://chibisuke-kun.tumblr.com/post/55760667841
MarshmellowWolf
I'm having the same problem Kyest had. And the game cannot connect to the internet and bancho for some reason.
medoli900
I can't log in since i changed my password.I re-installed it and now i'm recognized as a guest,but every time i try to log in it just says "Logging in..." indefinitely.I tried all in the OP.Bancho doesn't seems down.I hope it will be fixed soon...
Ok now it work... all that is weird...
ranch dressing_old
I'm unable to log-in to osu! from my laptop. My brother has an account on here as well, and seems to log-in just fine from my laptop. However, whenever I try to log-in the "Logging in..." or "Connecting..." message appears at the bottom of the screen and stays there. I've waited for over 20 minutes multiple times but to no avail.

If it's anything worth mentioning, my brother's account is older than mine - but only by a few days. I've also updated Java, Flash, and osu! to their most current versions. I have no firewalls running that are interfering with the connectivity.

I really would like to log-in again and get my scores back up! If someone could help solve the problem that would be great. uwu

EDIT// After re-installing osu!, my brother can now no longer log-in to the program, either. He's better with computers than I am and suggested the problem is most likely due to some sort of firewall, but we can't find any that would be blocking the connection.
alexismariedavi
Whenever I go into osu!, I don't see my stats in the top left hand corner or connection failed. Retrying in 30s...... That's my complaint
Seyren Delicia

alexismariedavi wrote:

Whenever I go into osu!, I don't see my stats in the top left hand corner or connection failed. Retrying in 30s...... That's my complaint
I'm with the same problem here :/
Seyren Delicia
seems that my problem is solved now thx
commander68
I'm having the same problem where it said retrying in 30 seconds but now it's saying experiencing another incoming attack which is EXTREMELY SCARY...
Marcin
The attack is occuring on server-side, and is called DDoS, which makes you impossible to connect to the server, don't worry, nothing on your end will happen.
aliciasimoned

Seyrenn wrote:

alexismariedavi wrote:

I'm with the same problem here :/
I am having that exact same problem with that also and i tried that 6 times. What should i do about this
Bonobonobo
I'm able to log in to osu! and I can see the global rankings and replays, but anything related to multiplayer doesn't work for me. I can't see online users or find lobbies. On the bottom of the screen, it almost always says "Receiving Data", but every so often it will say "Connection timed out" and then log me in again. A friend tells me that on his end, he sees online notifications pop up whenever it relogs me, but he can't chat or invite me. It has been like this for a while, though recently I have been able to connect at seemingly random times - one time it happened after I reset my router, and a few more times I was able to connect after leaving the game on for hours. I've already opened the ports on my firewall.

EDIT: IT WORKS THANK YOU FOR THE PATCH
peppy
All bancho connection problems should now be fixed. Please update to the latest version and try connecting again.
Alurn
Unfortunately it's still happening for me :( My friends are logged in and playing.

Once I logged out, I can't ever log back in and I'm stuck logging in. I reinstalled Osu! and my firewalls are off + it's an exception, no antivirus is installed and the internet is performing perfectly.

Osu has run absolutely fine for five years until now :(
Marcin
Well did you tried waiting longer time (like 2 minutes?)
Also since you're supporter, you may try test build which relies on new protocol and see if it works.
show more