forum

[resolved] Tech Support General Question Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I don't want to incur TL;DR so I'll keep the description brief.

This thread is going to be for more smaller questions and concerns related to the game and how it works.

If your issue has anything to do with rank, pp, or accuracy you should check this thread first, and then ask here if that doesn't solve your issue. If your issue is related to game crashing or directly affects how you play the game it is better for you to check the common issue threads or post it in a separate thread. Searching is always an option as well! Bug reports should be posted in a separate thread unless you are not sure whether it is a bug or not.
Please post any questions you may have about the technical side of the game here, so that individual threads can be for actual issues people are having Rest assured that we'll be checking this thread and trying to answer your questions as completely as possible.

To make things easier, feel free to use the template post below for your issue. Try to be as descriptive as possible, so that we may better understand you. We are pretty good at deciphering your messages so don't worry too much about us not understanding you.

Mods: I think it will be more useful if we edit the post when the question is resolved to avoid confusion.

I received permission to make this thread. If it ends up not being used, I will retire it. I want to turn this thread into a mini-database of useful solutions. I'm running into categorization issues though.

If anyone has any idea on how to make this look nicer, feel free to edit it.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Issue:

Description:
Allas
Issue: Song removed from "Best Performance" without apparent reason

Description: My second (or third?) best performance was removed completely today from the list.
This is the song :http://osu.ppy.sh/b/196841?m=0
As you can see, my score is still there and no people entered the top 10 the last day.

Possible explanation:
- The replay fail at some point and reset my combo, so if you watch the replay, I'm not getting #1.
- Someone removed my score somehow? see above.

Since it was working properly yesterday, I think it's a bug.

Thank you.
MillhioreF
I've heard of this issue from time to time. Best Performances can disappear from the list randomly, but they still give pp, and they usually appear back in the list within 24 hours. The replay data being broken has nothing to do with it.
Allas
Alright, but my pp dropped thought.
Hopefully it will resolved itself.
jrdp_18
Question!
Why are offline data/score not uploaded/counted?
Thank you!

(It says general questions and how the game works so I put it here.. Didn't find it in the wiki.. >~> )
Winshley

jrdp_18 wrote:

Because there's no way to tell that you got the score without logging in.
jrdp_18

Winshley wrote:

jrdp_18 wrote:

Because there's no way to tell that you got the score without logging in.
Uhhhh.. Cause you can just change the name you put in the local scoreboard ?

(My mind got jammed.)
deadbeat
my theory was to make it that much harder to cheat. someone could cheat offline. remove the cheats. log on, then upload the scores.
that's just how i see it though. main reason could be something else
Demitrios
what for a bug? disagreement between a replay and a top. Different scores in one game and accuracy: on a replay 2,832,988 / 99,41% , but on a top50 2,820,607 / 99,12% http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/712974 http://osu.ppy.sh/b/229112?m=0
RedCharley
issue: the taiko in one of my songs is being uploaded as a completely separate song
MillhioreF
@White Nyash: That's the well-known replay bug. Already reported, though it's doubtful it'll be fixed in the dear future.

@RedCharley: Make sure the Taiko version is in the same folder as the other beatmaps and that you don't have two folders for your map.
Demitrios
ok thx
RedCharley

MillhioreF wrote:

@White Nyash: That's the well-known replay bug. Already reported, though it's doubtful it'll be fixed in the dear future.

@RedCharley: Make sure the Taiko version is in the same folder as the other beatmaps and that you don't have two folders for your map.

the problem is that they are
MillhioreF
Open the Taiko .osu file in Notepad and check its BeatmapID and BeatmapSetID values. Make sure BeatmapID is not 243036 or 243037, since those match your other difficulties, and make sure BeatmapSetID is 89052.
RedCharley

MillhioreF wrote:

Open the Taiko .osu file in Notepad and check its BeatmapID and BeatmapSetID values. Make sure BeatmapID is not 243036 or 243037, since those match your other difficulties, and make sure BeatmapSetID is 89052.

thanks
Satohirai
I have to ask if this is a bug but everytime I play a song and get a lower rank than the one i already got for it The lower rank replaces the higher rank that I got. How can I resolve this?
MillhioreF
The rank with the most score will replace all ranks before it - so an A rank with 6 million points will be replaced by a B rank with 7 million points. Try getting a good combo as well as high accuracy!
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

Mariya wrote:

Issue: Song removed from "Best Performance" without apparent reason

Description: My second (or third?) best performance was removed completely today from the list.
This is the song :http://osu.ppy.sh/b/196841?m=0
As you can see, my score is still there and no people entered the top 10 the last day.

Possible explanation:
- The replay fail at some point and reset my combo, so if you watch the replay, I'm not getting #1.
- Someone removed my score somehow? see above.

Since it was working properly yesterday, I think it's a bug.

Thank you.
I don't think your top performance is coming back. It might have gave you some pp at first, and then it recalculated later on and decided that other top performances were better. I will look into it when I get home to check your replay, but it's likely that some weird quirk of the pp system that is not revealed to the public is causing this. We can only assume it's intended behavior whether or not it makes sense.
AuraBlaze
Issue: Mouse and keyboard are forced to respond to desktop instead of the game itself.

When I open up osu!, the standard cursor is imposed on top of osu!'s cursor. I can move my cursor over the login box, but because I can't see the box itself I have no way to know if I am typing properly. Also, because the game won't respond to my mouse or keyboard, I have no way of minimizing the game like I could do in Windows 7 --I now have Windows 8. Any ideas or suggestions.

*checks puush.me for images* And apparently I can't get the game to show up on a screencap besides the toolbar on the bottom. This is weird.
show more