forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Jackyyy wrote:

For sounds, you could list all the sounds that can be changed and as for the hitsounds, this guide can help in determining what kinds of sounds to use for each hitsound cause something like a sustained sound on normal-hitnormal will kill streams. D=
Mhm, I remeber that people often complains about sounds. Will try to suggest something to make them better.
deadbeat
is there a skin.ini option to make it so hitbursts display under the hitcircle? like the new default skin does.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Maybe it is, maybe not. Right now we don't know if there is something new in skin.ini. And probably won't know until full template relase... A lot of things are only available to default skin/new skin behaviour. :/
Marcin
You've put under 7. spoiler duplicate of 8. 9.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Marcin wrote:

You've put under 7. spoiler duplicate of 8. 9.
Messed up when coping thread. (I almost deleted it's content once, but luckily had backup. :p)

Fixed.
Garygoh884
I've noticed the sprite scaling while you're playing osu!mania. Here's the facts that I've discovered so far:

The scorebar is 30% smaller than the original (0.7x), and starts 3 pixels away from left edge of mania-stage-right sprite on the 768-height resolution screen.
The mania-stage-bottom sprite is 60% bigger from the original. (1.6x) Anchor position starts from the center bottom.
jemhuntr

Garygoh884 wrote:

I've noticed the sprite scaling while you're playing osu!mania. Here's the facts that I've discovered so far:

The scorebar is 30% smaller than the original (0.7x), and starts 3 pixels away from left edge of mania-stage-right sprite on the 768-height resolution screen.
The mania-stage-bottom sprite is 60% bigger from the original. (1.6x) Anchor position starts from the center bottom.
sexy
Garygoh884
You can even make the mode selection more in style. Grab the size of the mode icon as 768x128px, then the filling area is 448x128 on the right side.

Topic Starter
MLGnom
It looks the same at every resolution? (Higher, lower, 16:9, 4:3 etc.) ?
OsuMe65

Garygoh884 wrote:

You can even make the mode selection more in style. Grab the size of the mode icon as 768x128px, then the filling area is 448x128 on the right side.

the only problem in Garygoh's styling is, the size itself (on the left) will overlap the leaderboards
eg. if you will try to cilck KDS' gameplay, which is, at #7... instead of clicking KDS' gameplay, you will accidentally clicked taiko because of the left's overlap
Garygoh884
No, I tried that by myself. When I click outside of the mode images (left side) and the cursor wasn't on the scoreboard, nothing happens and no mode was changed. This also applies when the cursor is on the leaderboard.
jemhuntr

Garygoh884 wrote:

sexy
Timorisu
8. and 9. are still duplicated :roll:
deadbeat

Timorisu wrote:

8. and 9. are still duplicated :roll:
Sorry MLGnom, i went and fixed it. hope you don't mind too much :<
Topic Starter
MLGnom
It's okay.

But what the hell... I'm 100% sure that I fixed it previously, I checked it few times. :/
Timorisu
Is there a command for the skin.ini to reduce the amount of star2s?
OsuMe65

Timorisu wrote:

there's no command like that
Timorisu

OsuMe65 wrote:

Timorisu wrote:

there's no command like that
Aw man, I really like the ones I have right now but the amount kills it :(
[ Zan ]
at [colours] what does combo1, combo2, combo3, etc. affect? the color of the hit circles?
deadbeat
thats correct. you can have up to 8 colours i think
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Correct. Up to 8 colours. They are only used when mapper haven't added colours (left them default) or when you disable beatmap skin (in visual settings).
TouchFluffyTail
A few weeks ago I compiled a list of all the mania .ini parameters with their default values, and then I forgot to publish it. Hope this helps out some people. There might POSSIBLY be something I'm missing but I don't think so.

This is a 7k.ini example;

[Mania Skin Config]
ColumnLineWidth: 0.7
ColumnStart: 136
BarlineWidth: 1.2
HitPosition: 402
SpecialStyle: 0
SpecialPositionLeft: 1
UpsideDown: 0
JudgementLine: 1
ScorePosition: 325
ComboPosition: 111
FontCombo: score
LightFramePerSecond: 24
ColumnWidth: 30,30,30,30,30,30,30
ColumnLine: 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
[Colours]
Colour1: 0,0,0,255
Colour2: 0,0,0,255
Colour3: 0,0,0,255
Colour4: 0,0,0,255
Colour5: 0,0,0,255
Colour6: 0,0,0,255
Colour7: 0,0,0,255
ColourLight1: 255,255,255,255
ColourLight2: 255,255,255,255
ColourLight3: 255,255,255,255
ColourLight4: 255,255,255,255
ColourLight5: 255,255,255,255
ColourLight6: 255,255,255,255
ColourLight7: 255,255,255,255
ColourColumnLine: 255,255,255,255
ColourBarline: 255,255,255,255
ColourHold: 255,199,51,255
ColourBreak: 255,0,0,255
[Keys]
Key0: S
Key1: D
Key2: F
Key3: Space
Key4: J
Key5: K
Key6: L

Quick non-obvious parameter explanations;

[General]
HitPosition: controls where your hit judgement is (the actual spot you have to hit notes)
ScorePosition: controls where the judgement hits (300, 200, 100, 50, miss) appear
ComboPosition: controls where the combo numbers appear

[Colours]
Colour1-8: individually controls lane coloring [ default | edited ]
ColourLight1-8: individually controls the color added to the mania-stage-light.png [ default | edited ]

All color parameters use Red,Green,Blue,Alpha codes.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Lovely. Thanks for sharing, I will use this for sure. <3
And if something is missing we will find out what.
yeoleum
Well Recently i decided too make my own skin i followed the instructions on the forum and everything but there is one tiny problem whenever i press z to click it gives me 100s and recently ive been having to only use the x key to click i also tried switching the buttons for clicking and nothing happens im guessing its the skin i can link anyone too the skin if they think they know what the exact problem is.... CONTACT ME ASAP!
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Check in your skin if you haven't swaped pictures of "hit300.png" and "hit300k.png" with "hit100.png" and "hit100k.png" by mistake.
Yukki
can we add more frames (up to 15 Frames) to sliderb ? will it affect when we play, like a little bit laggy ?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

[ Y P ] wrote:

can we add more frames (up to 15 Frames) to sliderb ? will it affect when we play, like a little bit laggy ?
Yes. You can add any amount of frames.

I don't think it will affect gameplay in any way. (Actually only High Resolution skin can cause minor fps drops)
Yukki
thx MLGnom
also another question,
does "Epilepsy Warning Message" editable ? nevermind this one, already got an answer :)
also what is Circularmetre.png ?
Rei Hakurei

[ Y P ] wrote:

thx MLGnom
also another question,
does "Epilepsy Warning Message" editable ? nevermind this one, already got an answer :)
also what is Circularmetre.png ?

i think it's not skinable, and it's the progress bar that shows "PIE" type
OsuMe65

Rei Hakurei wrote:

it is NOT SKINNABLE for sure
kona x taros
I'm hoping skinnable :roll:
Kagamin3-chan

OsuMe65 wrote:

Rei Hakurei wrote:

it is NOT SKINNABLE for sure
it IS skinnable but only at the test build :P

Rei Hakurei

G4R4Su wrote:

even mode-X-small on beatmap listing and star3 (turned into star2) lol,

maybe i'll test skin osu-direct.png before expires *runs*
OsuMe65

G4R4Su wrote:

oh supporter feature
Yukki
that's kind of sad news :(
well i hope it will be skinnable for the commercial client soon since peppy put it on the skin template
Topic Starter
MLGnom

[ Y P ] wrote:

that's kind of sad news :(
well i hope it will be skinnable for the commercial client soon since peppy put it on the skin template
First, peppy haven't put them into official template. (yet, but nobody can confirm that he will do it someday)
Second, you can do a lot more in test build than in normal relase, so if you are testing skin or skins parts do that in actual build. You can never be sure what will be added in next upadate.
OsuMe65

MLGnom wrote:

First, peppy haven't put them into official template. (yet, but nobody can confirm that he will do itnpredictable someday)
Second, you can do a lot more in test build than in normal relase, so if you are testing skin or skins parts do that in actual build. You can never be sure what will be added in next upadate.
to avoid long talk, let's make this short:
new skinning elements are unpredictable
Saoji
Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible/how to make the light on a basic lighting.png shorter in the game?
Like...I like the light, but it stays ...forever and can be confusing, so i'd like to make it shorter. is that possible?

Thanks !
Heibel

Yales wrote:

Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible/how to make the light on a basic lighting.png shorter in the game?
Like...I like the light, but it stays ...forever and can be confusing, so i'd like to make it shorter. is that possible?

Thanks !
You can make it a bit more transparrent, That works for me atleast
Saoji

Heibel wrote:

You can make it a bit more transparrent, That works for me atleast
I tried, it's quite better, but not really what I want. I saw in the osu-template that there's a lot lighting.png, (like lighting-1.png etc.) I wonder if it's possible to do it with frames then. I tried to put several pictures of the hit lighting, but it's not working... i_i
show more