forum

Show misses and lifebar for special mods

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,220
Topic Starter
rust45
I feel both Relax and AutoPilot should show the misses and the lifebar. This way people using those mods to practice mouse movement/rhythm can see where and when then screwed up.

Also for Spun Out, I noticed there are some spinners it can not get because of it's speed. I feel on these spinners it should speed up to the minimum to get a success. That way those using it without no fail can't fail for something they can't control.

And this should go under Bug reports but I don't want to make a new topic, but (and I'm not sure if this is intended) in autopilot and relax kiai effects appear excluding the flashing beats.
LuigiHann
you're totally missing the point of relax mode, maaaaaan

/me tokes
Starrodkirby86

rust45 wrote:

I feel both Relax and AutoPilot should show the misses and the lifebar. This way people using those mods to practice mouse movement/rhythm can see where and when then screwed up.
Only thing I can say here is that you can tell what beats you missed if there's no '300', '100', or '50'. It'll just appear as a blank (and might sound incomplete). I guess that works as your 'miss'.

I don't know about the lifebar.

Such things like that can be done with the testing in editor mode...
Kitsunemimi

rust45 wrote:

And this should go under Bug reports but I don't want to make a new topic, but (and I'm not sure if this is intended) in autopilot and relax kiai effects appear excluding the flashing beats.
I'm really damn sure that's intended...
LuigiHann

Harris73 wrote:

rust45 wrote:

I'm really damn sure that's intended...
Yeah. Anyone paying attention to chronology would note that Relax mode existed way before kiai time was introduced... peppy just reused the relax effects to give kiai time some extra oomph.

I like Relax mode as it is, but I do think that AutoPilot mode should get a different set of effects, so that they're a bit more distinct.
Aqo
Revive because t/104610

refer to op of t/104610

Please do this. I think anybody who tried those mods would agree.
I don't actually want what the op in this thread suggested, but Millhiore linked to this thread... oh well.

Just need:
Autopilot/Relax to show miss. To also show accuracy in top-right and combo in bottom-left similar to regular gameplay. HP bar is not needed.
benguin
The lack of a 300/100/50 isn't really enough to determine a miss, like it'd be hard to tell if I missed the first note in a long and fast stream for example

Edit: with this being said, I support this
she_old
needed!
Archangel Tirael

chan wrote:

Keep to one request per topic.
she_old

Archangel Tirael wrote:

chan wrote:

Keep to one request per topic.
Yarissa
I think that at the very least relax feedback for hits and misses should be real time. I generally play relax or autopilot just to practice my streaming or aim. If not, I am playing it because I do not have the appropriate peripherals available. Real time feedback would both help me understand my own shortcomings and would also help to make the gameplay a lot more interesting.
deadbeat

rust45 wrote:

Also for Spun Out, I noticed there are some spinners it can not get because of it's speed. I feel on these spinners it should speed up to the minimum to get a success. That way those using it without no fail can't fail for something they can't control.

there are a couple of different requests about reworking the Spun Out mod, so i think we'll just focus on the relax and autopilot mods in this thread :p
TheVileOne
Since someone showed interest in this request I will BUMP it.
Tshemmp
Yep, this really bugs me when playing Relax, I want to see my misses, combo and accuracy.
ReVeNg3r
Make autopilot faster, like auto, because it's slow on fast maps.Also i would appreciate a 1,00x score muliplier for both.
Kitsunemimi
Holy crap this is so old....

I still think we need this, so I'm going to go ahead and start off the first star for this thread.
she_old
Relax has too little feedback to properly see what you're doing, especially with invisible 300s in your skin.
Autopilot is just like OD13
Raging Bull

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Make autopilot faster, like auto, because it's slow on fast maps.Also i would appreciate a 1,00x score muliplier for both.

Lol what? You missed the point.

Also yes please. Why show the HP graph at the end when I can't even really guestimate where the time in map vs graph is?

Also autopilot is gay. Doesn't snap (or something like that) as good as when playing normally.
Aquamarine
Really wanting this, especially for Taiko.
benguin
Threw a star :D
KingisNitro
I totally support these ideas.
Aka
yespls
casmith789
Relax and Autopilot should show combo, misses, lifebar, and score, but be unranked. If I'm playing relax, I want to know when I broke combo. It is possible to see but it's really non obvious especially with no miss sound or visual clue except the fact it is blank.

Plus, it would be nice knowing what score you'd got on nomod.

Lifebar isn't a problem because if you want to play how relax was now, put NF on as well as relax.

You should also be able to combine relax with other mods like sudden death and perfect but currently you can't.

Auto has the right idea: it shows everything with 1x multiplier but is unranked, I wish relax was like this.
Bara-
It wasn't that big of a deal when the Combo-Flame was there, because it went away if you lost combo, but I always thought about it.

It should definitely say combo and accuracy. Score and Life bar aren't necessary, unless RX/AP get x1.00 instead of x0.00, then Score IS necessary.

Or they should make it like it is in Multi-player, when playing with RX/AP. It has a side bar, like when playing normally, which lists your score and current combo, and if you select 'Win by Accuracy' It'll say accuracy.

They should make it, and when I am allowed to support it, I will. (I get supporter tag Monday/Tuesday) FINALLY
show more