forum

Hmm, I think I'm loosing interest in osu!, but I don't want to..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724
I just happened to of been looking at my profile, and I just noticed my Play History:

The drop between Dec 11 and Jan 12 is probably because of SWTOR coming out (me and a friend played a good bit of it for a month), but even after that, I've been playing osu! less and less.

I do notice as of recently that if I start up osu! and notice that I don't do too well, I'll just end up quitting. I remember before where I would play songs for fun, and even repeat songs several times if I failed. But now.. if I failed once or twice, I'll either just move to another song or just stop playing.

Anyone happen to have any suggestions to perhaps make osu! as fun as I found it before?
Luna
Pick up Taiko, come back to Standard a month later
Worked wonders for me, but now I'm addicted to two game modes xD
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Luna wrote:

Pick up Taiko, come back to Standard a month later
Worked wonders for me, but now I'm addicted to two game modes xD
I did want to pick up Taiko, so I ordered a Wii Taiko drum. My drum seemed to have some sensitivity issue, and there was a bit of latency over bluetooth, so I just gave up, but perhaps I shouldn't even worry about the drum and just use the keyboard
Shohei Ohtani

But if you're really bored, try talking in IRC, try playing CtB, try mapping. There's lots you can do :D.
Hika
Or you can just quit.
Quitting is cool.
kriers
Let's trade interest in osu!
Drafura

Hika wrote:

Or you can just quit.
If you don't get fun of any aspect of the game just quit *.* Why would you force yourself to play a game you don't enjoy ?
Xylem Beer
Set a goal like scorewhoring to rank xxx. That's what I'm doing whenever I get bored at playing.
Zelmarked

Drafura wrote:

If you don't get fun of any aspect of the game just quit *.* Why would you force yourself to play a game you don't enjoy ?
This.
I boot up, download the new maps, boot down. One day I'll play string of maps and then take a long break.
You gotta do what you want to do.
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Drafura wrote:

Hika wrote:

Or you can just quit.
idk, like normally with any other game I would just quit playing it, but osu! was probably the funnest game I've played, and I'd rather not just stop playing it for some reason...
Anzo
If you're always doing a solo play, try doing a multiplayer game.
those

Play count doesn't mean everything. I'm more active now than I was before. Probably cuz of this:

Mercurial
^

LKs
quit the game if nothing attracts you and you don't have resbonsibility(special usergroup)

living without osu maybe give you different feeling
Scorpiour
It's just a game :>

game is just for fun :>
Hika

Xylem Beer wrote:

Set a goal like scorewhoring to rank xxx. That's what I'm doing whenever I get bored at playing.
Eventually, you're going to get tired of this... believe me.

Anyways, if you really want to stay & try to get that interest back, you can just try other things instead of playing the game. It's so much more fun when you find other things you don't intend to find, bahahaha.
jianzii
So you're losing interest in the game yet you don't want to lose interest in the game?

I think that's kind of a mental state. There's something about osu! you still want because apparently you don't want to lose interest, but everything besides that is like "this isn't interesting anymore, let's stop playing as much"

What is it you wanted out of the game that you feel you haven't satisfied yet?
Icyteru
Try streaming your gameplay. It worked for me.
Azure_Kite
I haven't lost interest in osu!, I just play less.

Amefuri Koneko
I have random interest in osu!, lol

Just try not to worry about scores, FC's, accuracy and not having improvements, play for fun and enjoy the music, return backgrounds if you deleted them, works out for me.
Krzysiek
Topic title:
"Index » osu! » Gameplay & Rankings » Hmm, I don't care about your Play History but let me show off with mine..."
darkmiz
According to your sig you play too much Blizzard games. Thats why.
CXu
I want to post my play history too
Stefan
You could quit for a while if you don't find anything you could do.
On this way, you'll see how much interest you still have.
dNextGen
i dont lose my interest in osu! i just dont care about playin anymore
-Athena-

Scorpiour wrote:

It's just a game :>

game is just for fun :>
You're lying, osu! Is hooked directly to my brain, heart and other internal organs, take it away and I'd probably die.

Seriously though hate to sound cheesy but osu! Has really made a big difference in my life, and that is what I believe any game developer should aim for.
dNextGen

-Athena- wrote:

You're lying, osu! Is hooked directly to my brain, heart and other internal organs, take it away and I'd probably die.
y're overreacting
GensokyoAkuma
Stop playing for a month, then come back and realise how much you've missed this game and get hooked to it again.
-Athena-

dNextGen wrote:

-Athena- wrote:

y're overreacting
Well yes I am, I did it on purpose as well with no offensive intent.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

GensokyoAkuma wrote:

Stop playing for a month, then come back and realise how much you've missed this game and get hooked to it again.
AFK helps skill up www

Suzully wrote:

Osu! is just a game.
Not the work. Not the duty.
Yes, to play is the purpose of osu!
from ignore's sig lol
show more