posted
Total Posts
show more
Ryuukun
with eyebrows now :D

LuigiHann

soradg123 wrote:

Model/Animation Analysis
Elite Beat Agents (Looks the least realistic)
Animation
>> Gender swappable
>> (Noticed in Kahn)
Oh yeah. You can also confirm this in Multiplayer: In EBA, I think, the characters will always dance based on the difficulty, so if you choose a Diva to play as and play Medium, she'll do the male version of the dance. In Ouendan 2, the characters will always do their gender's dance.
adam2046
Shoooooooo Kyuuuuuuuuuute ^_^
Loofah_old
Hey loginer

could I see your wires for the pippi model?

also for all those who think there is a possability of a male character?

Topic Starter
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loofah_old
So how many tris will the osu engine be supporting? Also will the eyes be posable or just there, becasue I'm having trouble fitting mine.

Edit: his hair isn't even done and it's already around 20,000 tris :o , the head when mirrored is around 1000
kideddie1501
ive already proposed a male character in the osu! fan art thread.
LuigiHann
I think that a male mascot could stand to look a good deal less like the female mascot...
Topic Starter
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Remco32
Topic Starter
Loginer
Echo
If you think that's a lot, think again: the DS graphics hardware can handle 6144 vertices limited to 2048 polygons.
Loofah_old
I thibk I found a way to greatly decrease the tri count, just need to delete all the unseen faces, so does anyone want to make suggestions as to the name/design of th character I'm modeling? (not Poppy, that sounds like a gandpa)

so I should aim for about 20000 tris? doesn't sound too hard.
Ryuukun
update

Topic Starter
Loginer
It's not the end of the world if it ends up at 25,000 or 30,000 triangles, but you'll want to keep things as low-poly as possible without sacrificing quality.

@Echo: An Irrlicht app displaying nothing but a cel-shaded Pippi with no AA runs at 200 FPS on my laptop. Put two copies of her on the screen (about 25,000 triangles), and the frame rate drops to 100 FPS. Keep in mind that there are people with much worse GPUs playing osu!, and we'll want to make sure they can keep dancers enabled without the frame rate dropping.

There might also be scenarios where two or more dancers are on the screen at the same time; what if someone wants to make something resembling the end of Ouendan 2? And like I said previously, there are more reasons to keep things low-poly than just performance.
awp

Loofah wrote:

so does anyone want to make suggestions as to the name/design of th character I'm modeling?
Assuming he's the dude in your avatar, he looks sly, but the use of pink highlights/eyes also makes him look "fashionable" and "fabulous". Hmm.

btw Ryuukun, lookin' good.
kideddie1501
first of all, I was planning on changing Poppy's name to Pippin. Like the Hobbit. and the other dude u guys are making looks like 15 yr. old Pippi that whent emo. so idk, my design was a homage to Ryuuta. :x
Im sorry, i just feel like ive been back handed...its fine. whatever. (-3-)
LuigiHann
I don't think we need a "male mascot" per se. I wouldn't mind having alternate 3D characters to use in-game, but I don't think they need to follow Pippi's color themes or design style so closely. I'd rather have Ryuuta or Agent J, or if you insist on making an original character, some kind of combination of Ryuuta and J.

Also, great art, Ryuukun.
Gabi
*wants a recap of all the best pictures*

nice art
LuigiHann

Gabi wrote:

nice art
I'm actually starting to collect the best ones I can find, to put into a little gallery. It will happen soon.
Ekaru
I say make all the "male mascots" you want. For I am making a male character for fanfic purposes that is totally different from the "male mascots" so far. Basically, he's a guy chasing after peppy. Tall blond with blue eyes, bit of a nerd in denial. Hates Digimon songs without even listening to them just because they're Digimon, thinks Pokemon is for kids, and wonders why Pippi wastes so much time cheering on people in a game where you click circles. He then decides to try it to impress her for his own selfish, perverted reasons. Armed with his pink t-shirt, blue jeans, Tigers cap, and a stylus, he dives in... and gets fascinated. Oh, and he has a backpack full of books because he was going to study.

(Anyone figure out what I did there yet?)
------------------------

*ahem* The model's coming along nicely. Also, nice fanart.
Derekku

Ekaru wrote:

I thought I had, but now I'm not sure :(
kideddie1501

Ekaru wrote:

I say make all the "male mascots" you want. For I am making a male character for fanfic purposes that is totally different from the "male mascots" so far. Basically, he's a guy chasing after peppy. Tall blond with blue eyes, bit of a nerd in denial. Hates Digimon songs without even listening to them just because they're Digimon, thinks Pokemon is for kids, and wonders why Pippi wastes so much time cheering on people in a game where you click circles. He then decides to try it to impress her for his own selfish, perverted reasons. Armed with his pink t-shirt, blue jeans, Tigers cap, and a stylus, he dives in... and gets fascinated. Oh, and he has a backpack full of books because he was going to study.

------------------------

oh... you described yourself? :D
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

Gabi wrote:

nice art
I'm actually starting to collect the best ones I can find, to put into a little gallery. It will happen soon.
I was thinking of doing the same, but my library is tiny (and half of it's my/Sarumaru's stuff anyhow). We'll have to collaborate some time.
Ekaru

kideddie1501 wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

I say make all the "male mascots" you want. For I am making a male character for fanfic purposes that is totally different from the "male mascots" so far. Basically, he's a guy chasing after Pippi. Tall blond with blue eyes, bit of a nerd in denial. Hates Digimon songs without even listening to them just because they're Digimon, thinks Pokemon is for kids, and wonders why Pippi wastes so much time cheering on people in a game where you click circles. He then decides to try it to impress her for his own selfish, perverted reasons. Armed with his pink t-shirt, blue jeans, Tigers cap, and a stylus, he dives in... and gets fascinated. Oh, and he has a backpack full of books because he was going to study.

------------------------

oh... you described yourself? :D
"Hates Digimon songs without even listening to them just because they're Digimon, thinks Pokemon is for kids"

No, try again. Hint: Think 'making fun of'. That should make it more obvious. Also, correction made. He's chasing after Pippi, not peppy... <_<; Dang typos, why are their names so similar?
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Gabi wrote:

nice art
I was thinking of doing the same, but my library is tiny (and half of it's my/Sarumaru's stuff anyhow). We'll have to collaborate some time.
http://up.ppy.sh/files/osu-pippi.rar Here's a selection of fanarts. I tried to keep it to one per artist for the time being, mostly to keep it from being Saru-centric. I'd love to see some of the Saru stuff you have, though, to make sure that the best Saru pic gets into the gallery.
Lt Morke

soradg123 wrote:

Model/Animation Analysis..........

...........^ EBA and over introduced dummy animations. These animations have been counted as their purpose is still unknown.
I have been trying to find the Ouendan/EBA models! I wanted to do an amv with them, and just basically have some fun messing around with them,
Daru
Luigi, would you mind replacing mine in there with this?

The url is messed up on that one. :<
And I hunger for free advertising

Download: darurar.zip
Gabi

LuigiHann wrote:

awp wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/osu-pippi.rar Here's a selection of fanarts. I tried to keep it to one per artist for the time being, mostly to keep it from being Saru-centric. I'd love to see some of the Saru stuff you have, though, to make sure that the best Saru pic gets into the gallery.
awesome, thanks alot luigihann
kideddie1501
whatever, i just dont think the male mascot shud look like such a metro. :|
awp
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

that full-detail image in your rar that I use for a comboburst <3
By the way did you see I fixed the comboburst? http://up.ppy.sh/files/comboburst-32.png I think peppy's finally going to add it in soon, along with a tweak so that it snaps to the bottom of the screen rather than the top of the screen.

Also, did the rar you uploaded have everything you meant for it to have? There was only one image in the Saru folder as you posted it, none of the inks or lineart
Cuddlebun
in regards to the male mascot: perhaps his color scheme could be white and pink? It's not as fruity as straight up pink, and not as "emo" (or whatever someone's complaining) as black and pink, and it's still obviously osu colors.

zzz I know nothing about art.
Loofah_old
didn't mean for him to look emo, the hair's taking up too many tris anyway, I'll change it a bit.

If you don't like him then you can always make your own :) .
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

awp wrote:

that full-detail image in your rar that I use for a comboburst <3
By the way did you see I fixed the comboburst?
Yup. I also made a smartass comment.
LuigiHann
Pippi gallery is up, by the way: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/gallery?g=fanart
YoshiKart
The Glee Club one made me lol. :)
Larto
Fanart should TOTALLY include lolgay- *shot*

No... the name could probably be taken as offensive. Call it "osugerm"- *double shot*

Okay, okay, no lolgay at all ;( *suicide shot*
Topic Starter
Loginer
I finished the model and reworked the UVW a few days ago. If I can get Mirror Mode to work, I'll have her rigged in a few hours.
By the way, would Pippi renders count as fanart?
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

I finished the model and reworked the UVW a few days ago. If I can get Mirror Mode to work, I'll have her rigged in a few hours.
By the way, would Pippi renders count as fanart?
I'd add the one to the Pippi gallery, yeah. That's why I was trying to bug you about it in irc
show more