forum

Newbie Mafia - 2of4 [Town Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru

Ekaru wrote:

Furthermore, it is not ludicrous to claim that you do not know the point of RVS because in a Newbie Game on mafiascum.net you claimed that you were not that experienced.
And this was like 2 weeks ago BTW.
Rantai

Rantai wrote:

I NEED CONSISTENCY
You were being inconsistent.

That and blowing off your vote as 'semi-random' is a cop out. Either it was random or you had SOME reasoning behind it. You can't have both.
Sync
I'm laughing at the fact that you saw that and you are using it to your advantage in this game

The point is, there was discussion prior to you voting.

Your vote was not "semi-random" because you voted him because of a post he made

Also, you agree that Rantai's vote was not random... okay...

so you say you thought it was still RVS because of what Rantai did...

you aren't making any sense
Sync
FYI, the definition of experienced is subjective.
Ekaru

Sync wrote:

so you say you thought it was still RVS because of what Rantai did...
Now you are indeed putting words into my mouth. Go read the thread again. I never said that I thought it was RVS because of what Rantai said. I said I thought it was still in RVS because at the time that I posted there was not much discussion. You are in fact making shit up now.

I'm laughing at the fact that you saw that and you are using it to your advantage in this game
It's called meta.

FYI, the definition of experienced is subjective.
The definition of what is "semi-random" is also subjective. I only partially voted because of that post. I also voted for the hell of it, which is what people do in RVS.

Your vote was not "semi-random" because you voted him because of a post he made
I voted partially because of a post he made and, again, partially for the hell of it. "for the hell of it" typically qualifies as "random"; ex. If you, say, suddenly start singing for the hell of it, people will call it "random behavior".

you aren't making any sense
My argument makes more sense than your claiming that I thought it was RVS because of what Rantai did. I was clearly using it to show that your argument is flawed. My argument is that claiming that somebody is scum just because they voted without explanation is fucking retarded.

Also, you agree that Rantai's vote was not random... okay...
Exactly. You claim my post isn't random in the slightest and, therefore, the same logic would apply to Rantai because his vote isn't random.
Sync

Ekaru wrote:

All I did was do what I have seen other people do in mafia games; vote without much explanation because the reasoning behind their vote is implied. Ex. What Rantai did just now, what I've seen other people do in other games, etc. Am I supposed to not do what I've seen others do? Because that really makes no sense.
2. I already told you the meaning of experienced is completely subjective. Your meta is bullshit: are you trying to say that I don't know what RVS is? Are you telling me that everything I am saying now is null because I said I was inexperienced on a completely different website?

3. It wasn't RVS

4. Ok, so your vote wasn't random

5. My argument is not flawed. You have no right to say my argument is flawed when you're denying things you've said and using something (that doesn't make sense) against me from a different site in a different game.

6. Yes, Rantai's vote isn't random. He never claimed it was. You, on the other hand, are claiming that your vote was "semi-random".
Ekaru

Sync wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

All I did was do what I have seen other people do in mafia games; vote without much explanation because the reasoning behind their vote is implied. Ex. What Rantai did just now, what I've seen other people do in other games, etc. Am I supposed to not do what I've seen others do? Because that really makes no sense.

That argument is fucking retarded. Where the fuck does that say, "The game was in RVS when I posted because of something that happened way after I posted"?

2. I already told you the meaning of experienced is completely subjective.
And I already told you that whether or not the game is still in RVS at the exact point in time that I posted my vote is subjective. Both things are subjective. What is subjective is both ways. Whether or not somebody's action is semi-random is also subjective because, as I've said, semi-random is an extremely vague term; if an action is 0.001% random, then it's semi-random, and if an action is 99.99% random then it is STILL semi-random. Or at least, that's the way it's commonly used. It could technically mean something else, but that is irrelevant.

"Coincidentally"...

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/bijJXinfMtjY

Ekaru is digging himself a grave lol

this is awesome
This scenario is extremely similar to what happened in Themeless Mafia. EXTREMELY similar. Sync, you're once again scum. You're taking something that isn't really a scum tell and trying to start a bandwagon on me. As we've seen from that game and other games, scum try to get bandwagons going on D1. I never tried to start a bandwagon, but you are. You're scum, scum, scum. You're taking things that are subjective and claiming that they aren't subjective when, in fact, they are.
Sync
"I saw Rantai post a vote that seemed 'semi-random', am I not supposed to do what other people do?"

"I didn't vote because of Rantai! I never said that!"

Are you really that desperate? Using a quicktopic from a different game to further your "argument"? To make it even worse, it's completely irrelevant! I didn't even start a bandwagon on you and I unvoted.

You are an idiot and I'm tired of you spewing out bullshit

Long posts don't make you look town
Topic Starter
0_o
Let's keep the name-calling to a minimum, thanks.
Rantai
0_o is a jerk.

<3
Ekaru

Sync wrote:

"I saw Rantai post a vote that seemed 'semi-random', am I not supposed to do what other people do?"

"I didn't vote because of Rantai! I never said that!"
I never said the former. At all. I'm not sure if you knew this, but in English if someone says "Ex." in front of something, that means it's an example. Rantai is an example of somebody who voted without an explanation, and I said that because of that and because his vote was clearly not random, your argument would also apply to him. That is all I said. I never said it looked semi-random; in fact, I even said the opposite. I never said what you're claiming me to say. Are you really that desperate that you have to twist what I'm saying so severely?

To make it even worse, it's completely irrelevant! I didn't even start a bandwagon on you and I unvoted.
Uh, yes it is relevant? It's a really similar situation. You unvoted after you realized that the bandwagon was not going to work in an attempt to not look scummy; therefore, the unvote is irrelevant. You did in fact start the bandwagon by being the one who attacked me and claimed I was acting scummy over and over again, just like you are now. Who made the first vote is irrelevant because you planned on voting for me in the first place as clearly proven by the quicktopic. You are using the same strategy you used in another game where you were scum. It's relevant because it's some of the most solid meta out there - similar situation, same people, etc.

You're trying to brush off some of the most solid meta out there - a very similar situation where you attacked me over something relatively tiny - and are also severely twisting what I said about Rantai to the most unimaginable lengths. The Rantai thing in particular is making you look extremely scummy, you know.
Sync
You are seriously twisting your own words -- it's very funny yet frustrating to me.

Drop the smart-ass bullshit and read carefully: you said you voted for Drakari because you saw other people in other mafia games do the same thing. That's a pathetic excuse if I've ever seen one.

No, it's not relevant. Want to know why? I never started the bandwagon -- not in this game, or the last game. I don't think you know what a bandwagon is. You should probably look it up.

I'm calling you out for your horrible and pathetic vote on Drakari. I'm calling you out for your horrible and pathetic attempts at trying to use meta (incorrectly).

You are of no benefit to town which makes it clear that you are scum.
DeathxShinigami
Sync MVP
Sync
thx
NoHitter
My vote stays on Ekaru.
Rantai
Just wanted to clarify, again that I actually did have my reason there.

Most of it was me agreeing to what had been said against you but I also added that you were being inconsistent.
Drakari_old
In my experience (in games which are only similar, not the same) the "bad" group is more likely to back down when confronted, due to trying to avoid attention. Not 100% the case, but I have seen it a lot.
Topic Starter
0_o
Vote Count
Ekaru (3) - NoHItter, Sync, Rantai
JInxyjem (1) - Wojjan
NoHItter (1) - LadySuburu

Not voting - Backfire, JInxyjem, Drakari, Ekaru

22 hours remaining.
Sync
mod: Do you need a hammer to lynch somebody or is it majority?
Topic Starter
0_o

Sync wrote:

mod: Do you need a hammer to lynch somebody or is it majority?
Whoever has the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
Drakari_old
vote: Ekaru

No better target I've seen.
Topic Starter
0_o
Vote Count
Ekaru (4) - NoHItter, Sync, Rantai, Drakari
JInxyjem (1) - Wojjan

Not voting - Backfire, JInxyjem, Ekaru

18 hours remaining.

5 votes required for hammer.
DeathxShinigami
dkun MVP

Bad argumenting all day.
Sync
Ekaru: what have you done thus far in this game to show us that you are pro-town

nobody hammer until he answers
Sync
I'm going to sleep now and 11 hours until deadline... it's very rare that I sleep over 9 hours in one night but I can see it being just my luck
Topic Starter
0_o
4 hours & 40 minutes remaining.
Topic Starter
0_o
Final Vote Count
Ekaru (4) - NoHItter, Sync, Rantai, Drakari
JInxyjem (1) - Wojjan

Not voting - Backfire, JInxyjem, Ekaru

--

Ekaru - Mafia Rolecop - Lynched D1

It is now Night 1

Night ends in 24 hours
Topic Starter
0_o
Looks like we've got some early risers! Except for one of you, that is.

LadySuburu - Townie - Nightkilled N1

It is now Day 2

You have 5 days from this post.

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch.
LadySuburu
Oh hey guys what's---

*SPLAT*

Go town!
Sync
No more mafia power roles~
Rantai
Oh that's just awesome.
Drakari_old
Not bad for day 1.
Jinxy
So I haven't been here for a while, sorry about that.

Wojjan's D1 ISO is a little odd to me, he's been on bmin/me for D1 for [url=osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=75631&p=1354047#p1354047]this post[/url] which was a joke by bmin in reply to Chris's post before that.

Also, could anyone explain Wojj's last post on Ekaru's metalane or something, I don't know the lingo
NoHitter
I think Wojjan was saying that Ekaru's actions still fit in his town meta?
Well anyway, at the moment I think Sync is pretty much town. How Ekaru argued with Sync seemed very real.
I doubt Mafia can argue with such veracity with each other - not to mention be one of the group who voted Ekaru first.

At the moment, I would like to hear the opinions of Wojjan and Backfire - especially Backfire who didn't even comment on Ekaru yesterday.
Rantai
Heh. My speculation is who would shoot LS?

Wojjan seems to be the only one who would fit that bill. I do too actually, take that as you will. Kind of weak reasoning I know but add that to the fact Wojjan never voted Ekaru I have a strong feeling that Wojjan is the one.
Jinxy
Could you explain as to why you think Wojjan would kill LS?
Sync
I have no strong tells at the moment...

it's basically "Who didn't vote for Ekaru" but it could easily be explained by inactiveness

*sigh*

I guess I'll just read through ISOs later. Going to bed now though

perhaps this game will get more active while I sleep
Rantai
It's mainly a gut of sorts. It's hard to actually explain what I mean, just from what I think of Wojjan, Wojjan simply seems the most likely.
Sync
It seems like you're using that gut-feeling of yours a lot recently Rantai

ARE YOU BECOMING LAZY
Rantai
I wouldn't say lazy more than a what I perceive to be my only lead right now.
show more