forum

The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lunah
Repeating that actually there are no 1\16 beats\sliders D:

also I am writing this as people will say "Oh, Blue Dragon did it, so I can ignore this rule too"; actually this is the point, I don't get the problem, you can just "fix" this
Cygnus
If people hear of the word exception on this beatmap, that's where rules started to break apart. Everyone wants exceptions, and people will try to get that as much as they can for as long as they should.

EDIT: I guess this should be a good lesson for BATs. Never to give an exception for beatmaps even when they go for approval. Yes, I love the map and so does the song, but rules are rules people. We shouldn't do anything about that.
Sakura
From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Never to give an exception for beatmaps even when they go for approval. Yes, I love the map and so does the song, but rules are rules people. We shouldn't do anything about that.
I'm sorry for saying this, but...

What the fuck?
Lunah

Sakura Hana wrote:

number
So, everyone can say "Oh, it's just a number!", what's the point of the rule if it's only a number ? o_O
Charles445
Actually, snip, this info is incorrect
Sakura

lesslunatic wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

number
So, everyone can say "Oh, it's just a number!", what's the point of the rule if it's only a number ? o_O
Unranking it to fix it would cause no difference in gameplay, as long as slider velocity and tick rate are adjusted accordingly, so i see no reason to do that? in fact isnt 360 half of the BPM already? why should it be cut down more, only reason i see is making it consistent with Taiko, but we've already made exceptions in the past to fix the Taiko glitch, why not go complain at those other mapsets as well? why not unrank them too?
Shiirn

Sakura Hana wrote:

From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

We've already cleared out the problems behind the bpm differences. What's the problem of calling a 360bpm map 360bpm? should I have made all diffs of Almagest 356 because i used 1/16? no, it's a 178bpm map. The opposite shouldn't be true. It can't be 720 because it just becomes nigh-impossible to functionally map (or play on weaker computers) due to editor constraints.
Hernan
Awesome map.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Shiirn wrote:

It can't be 720 because it just becomes nigh-impossible to functionally map due to editor constraints.
Correcting something - 720 would make the main menu pulse like crazy, and also some other reasons and herp derp.
Cygnus
"Adjust your map to the guidelines, dont adjust the guidelines to your map" - SH's Sig. >.>
Hika
It got approved so stop bitching so damn much.
It's kind of annoying to see people complaining just because of the BPM. You tell him to lower it but now you guys want him to raise it? Make up your minds or something.
Agnes

Shiirn wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ
Me too.
Gonzvlo
To clarify, this was not exactly an exception to a Rule. The BPM was changed in taiko in order to avoid a "bug".

19:57 <Gonzvlo> : Yeah, I suppose that's a misunderstanding. That rule was made so the same song doesn't have different BPM,
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : let's say "40 for Easy and 90 for Normal". In this case the BPM is bacisally the same but it was changed to
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : prevent a bug
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : I'll let the discussion continue, we should be able to reach a conclusion
Charles445
Uh, where exactly does the map use a 1/8 on 360 BPM? It appears to only have 1/4 on 360 BPM. If that's the case then it could easily be 180 BPM at 1/8.

EDIT:
What is this 1/16 you speak of. I can't find it anywhere.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Charles445 wrote:

Uh, where exactly does the map use a 1/8 on 360 BPM? It appears to only have 1/4 on 360 BPM. If that's the case then it could easily be 180 BPM at 1/8.
The song is 360BPM, not 180. That's why I chose it.
Sakura
I only see 2 options here:
1. Unapprove the map, force mapper to use half the BPM and double slider velocity and tickrate and get 3 new MAT/BAT to reapprove it
2. Let it be
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Sakura Hana wrote:

I only see 2 options here:
1. Unapprove the map, force mapper to use half the BPM and double slider velocity and tickrate and get 3 new MAT/BAT to reapprove it
2. Let it be
OR we could just change the rule making it allow more exceptions.
Cygnus
LET IT IT IT BE?! O.O

Blue Dragon wrote:

Adjust your map to the guidelines, dont adjust the guidelines to your map
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Adjust your map to the guidelines, dont adjust the guidelines to your map
I'm not adjusting the guidelines to my map. I'm adjusting the guidelines to the maps that people complain about not getting approved because of this rule.

Please learn to take things on their context.
Hika
You're not cool enough to double post.
There's nothing wrong leaving it how it is.. if there's a bug then there's a bug.
Or you can take out the taiko AHAHAHAHAHA
Gonzvlo
@redo

Still removing pointless posts, sorry. Try to explain your thoughts in other way, please o3o

Gonzvlo wrote:

To clarify, this was not exactly an exception to a Rule. The BPM was changed in taiko in order to avoid a "bug".

19:57 <Gonzvlo> : Yeah, I suppose that's a misunderstanding. That rule was made so the same song doesn't have different BPM,
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : let's say "40 for Easy and 90 for Normal". In this case the BPM is bacisally the same but it was changed to
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : prevent a bug
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : I'll let the discussion continue, we should be able to reach a conclusion
Sakura
Oh well, i already stated my opinion i'll just stop arguing but consider what i said.
Low

Sakura Hana wrote:

2. Let it be
EDIT-

looks like everyone's here to debate. :c
ouranhshc

Blue Dragon wrote:

Charles445 wrote:

The song is 360BPM, not 180. That's why I chose it.
i thought it was 720?
Gonzvlo

Blue Dragon wrote:

Correcting something - 720 would make the main menu pulse like crazy, and also some other reasons and herp derp.
I suppose?

EDIT: Removed BD's post too. Try to stay calm, please.
Lunah

Blue Dragon wrote:

This can be a way, specifying that BPM can be halved for taiko difficulty avoid bugs, so there will be no probs :\.
ouranhshc
and Sakura, if its really JUST a number, then it should take that long to fix it
Low
720 BPM would also require an epilepsy warning, as the kiai times would be pulsing at 720 BPM. ;)
Cygnus

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm adjusting the guidelines to the maps that people complain about not getting approved because of this rule.
Then why was this beatmap approved then? You should also be one of those 'people complaining about not getting approved' thing since your map's issues are also the same with other maps that can't be approved because of not following the rules.
Sakura

ouranhshc wrote:

and Sakura, if its really JUST a number, then it should take that long to fix it
No because changing the BPM could lead to some bugs and slight snapping errors so it needs at least 3 team members to revise it again.

Edit: lol i ended up posting here again
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm adjusting the guidelines to the maps that people complain about not getting approved because of this rule.
Then why was this beatmap approved then? You should also be one of those 'people complaining about not getting approved' thing since your map's issues are also the same with other maps that can't be approved because of not following the rules.
I'm sorry? Did you ever read my posts?

I'm all for freedom mapping. I hate the current state of rules since they're strict. But I can't do anything about it, even though I do still try. You shouldn't blame people for not being able to change the way something is.

Also, stop being contradictory.
Lunah

Sakura Hana wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

No because changing the BPM could lead to some bugs and slight snapping errors so it needs at least 3 team members to revise it again.
People who bubbled it can fast re-check it, also i think there are 2 ways "everyone or no one"

EDIT : also nothing will be unsnapped, tried right now
Gonzvlo
I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko. The correct BPM is 360.

Would somebody tell me what's the problem again, please D:?
Cygnus

Blue Dragon wrote:

I'm all for freedom mapping. I hate the current state of rules since they're strict. But I can't do anything about it, even though I do still try. You shouldn't blame people for not being able to change the way something is.

Also, stop being contradictory.
I'm not contradicting anything about this beatmap or so what. I'm just pointing out what's right, and what needs to be followed.
EDIT: Also, I'm not actually pointing all faults in you.

I'm not gonna say another word about this thing. It's enough. I love the map anyway, let's just see what other more people might say about this. You're my friend, and I'm not gonna let this map break that bond. So, I'll just say good luck and hope for the best of this beatmap.
Lunah

Gonzvlo wrote:

I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko. The correct BPM is 360.

Would somebody tell me what's the problem again, please D:?
So it should be specificated in the rule;
Gaba
You guys are running in circles here, I'm enjoying.
Elfice

Gonzvlo wrote:

I've already explained that it's not an exception to a rule, it's about a "bug" on taiko.?
Actually, it is? :roll:
No matter how many times I read it, I don't see anything about "taiko bug" in the rule itself.
*runs*
Cygnus
All BATs should have made a conference or discussion about their opinions on this beatmap before it gets approved, so that we could avoid debates like this right after this beatmap gets approved. I see BATs contradict each other, so I guess this should be done.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=75020

Have fun. Continue the discussion there.
show more