forum

The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black

posted
Total Posts
show more
OnosakiHito
About the different timing:
Gonzvlo mentioned it allready before why we changed it. Because of some bug's it self.
But it has been approved because Taiko dosen't count to osu!; to the osu!-rules as I know.

To avoid such similiar issues, we Taiko players are making rules for osu!-taiko as well. Also because this could give BAT's thinking about to make diverse scripting as for such issues in this case -> Invisible HD playing. But well, it will still need some time up to this day. orz

Please don't be mad at the BAT's, it was mostly my own please to do so, exactly because of those thoughts/reasons.

Edit: Okay, saw Card N' Forces edit.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

OnosakiHito wrote:

About the different timing:
Gonzvlo mentioned it allready before why we changed it. Because of some bug's it self.
But it has been approved because Taiko dosen't count to osu!; to the osu!-rules as I know.

To avoid such similiar issues, we Taiko players are making rules for osu!-taiko as well. Also because this could give BAT's thinking about to make diverse scripting as for such issues in this case -> Invisible HD playing. But well, it will still need some time up to this day. orz

Please don't be mad at the BAT's, it was mostly my own please to do so, exactly because of those thoughts/reasons.
People aren't complaining about how the Taiko diff is 180BPM - they're complaining about how the standard diff is 360BPM. This was my fault because I didn't want to change it. I am sorry.
Lunah

Shiirn wrote:

360bpm is the correct bpm. In fact, 720 should be. it's speedcore or some crap like that. Blame renard, not BD. Quit spewing your rage-juices all over, it's unsightly.
We're not talking about the song, we're talking about it must be played in osu! as approved beatmap, so you should adapt the bpm for make it playable, in this case, the right way was to use 180 bpm, 1\4 for streams and 1\8 for slider streams and "fast slider reverse".

720 BPM?, what's the point of mapping streams in 1\1 lol
Shiirn

lesslunatic wrote:

what's the point of mapping 180bpm if you can do it in 90bpm

or 45bpm
Cygnus
CONGRATS! 8D
Lunah

Shiirn wrote:

lesslunatic wrote:

what's the point of mapping 180bpm if you can do it in 90bpm

or 45bpm
Actually with 180bpm you can 1\4 stream and 1\8 for parts like this 01:13:577 (1) », in 90 bpm you are not able to map 1\8 stuff. 180 is totally fine. why use 720, you want to be the first when sorting by BPM?, also you're a MAT you should not answer in this way, using images for trolling etc, (this is offtopic I am sorry for this). Back to the map, if you are not able to use 360 or 720 for the taiko difficulty, then use 180 there is NO DIFFERENCE you have only to 2x sliders and you still follow "rules" that you made.
Tom69_old
Congratz for approval! Awesome map (like most of yours). *fav*
Topic Starter
Mismagius
To BATs: I wouldn't like you to lock this thread. This discussion has a point and I want to see what's gonna happen from this - it may be useful in seeing what the community thinks about doing in the future. Maybe even if the map got unranked I could learn from it so yeah.
mm201
BPM is kept consistent within each single difficulty
Expert has a need for 360--the "1/16" kicks.
Taiko has a need for 180--keeping a sane HS without introducing the Hidden bug.
Rules against 1/16 kicks and stuff are waived since this is for Approval.

Why is there a problem agian?
Gonzvlo

As for the map being confusing/unreadable. To be honest, in my opinion, even if the map is REALLY hard, it is well mapped and not overmapped. The song is unusual, but I think the Beatmap was mapped accordingly.

We can't expect every map to be exactly the same difficulty level. As the time passes by, mappers keep increasing the difficulty level. This was just a HUGE "jump" in the process, I suppose?

Just my point of view.

Also, yes. Let the discussion continue but do not post stuff like "LMAO", "UNRANK IT PLS" or "Reaction Images". That kind stuff is useless and pointless for this discussion.
Lunah

mm201 wrote:

the "1/16" kicks.
1\16? where? o_O

Gonzvlo wrote:

We can't expect every map to be exactly the same difficulty level.
[/size]
No one is writing this, about this, are just points of view, people can like the map or not. we're just writing about BPM thing that actually breaks a "rule".
Senyo
Awesome Map BD! I'm glad it got approved, this really is one of my favorite maps right now.

To those who are complaining about jumps etc. Use HT or something for god sakes, it got bubbled and approved for a reason and it sure isnt for people to start flaming about it. If you really wanted this map to stay unranked / nonapproved, you should have posted beforehand. Why bring things up when things already happened.
Analogy :

Some crazy organization : Hey lets nuke Russia!
People : Eh, ignore them. They're crazy
-builds up enough resource and money to do it-
-Nukes-
People : Friggin idiots, why'd you do that?! wow...

It doesn't work like that. Whats done is done, trying to undo what you guys were ignorant about is just being the same thing as a sore-loser BD actually put effort into getting this approved and I believe he deserves it.
People enjoy this map and like to play it. Some don't. BD actually put effort into getting this approved and I believe he deserves it

Easy solution : DON'T PLAY IT and let others enjoy it.
Sure
we need 1/16 beat snap divisor \:D/
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Senyo wrote:

BD actually put effort into getting this approved
Believe it or not, this is true. Continue the discussion, just don't blame me.
Cygnus

ykcarrot wrote:

we need 1/16 beat snap divisor \:D/
Made exclusively for this beatmap? Nah. If this ever happens, I expect more speedcores to be mapped. So a no no. D:
Shiirn

mm201 wrote:

Rules against 1/16 kicks and stuff are waived since this is for Approval.
oh, shit
Lunah
Repeating that actually there are no 1\16 beats\sliders D:

also I am writing this as people will say "Oh, Blue Dragon did it, so I can ignore this rule too"; actually this is the point, I don't get the problem, you can just "fix" this
Cygnus
If people hear of the word exception on this beatmap, that's where rules started to break apart. Everyone wants exceptions, and people will try to get that as much as they can for as long as they should.

EDIT: I guess this should be a good lesson for BATs. Never to give an exception for beatmaps even when they go for approval. Yes, I love the map and so does the song, but rules are rules people. We shouldn't do anything about that.
Sakura
From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Never to give an exception for beatmaps even when they go for approval. Yes, I love the map and so does the song, but rules are rules people. We shouldn't do anything about that.
I'm sorry for saying this, but...

What the fuck?
Lunah

Sakura Hana wrote:

number
So, everyone can say "Oh, it's just a number!", what's the point of the rule if it's only a number ? o_O
Charles445
Actually, snip, this info is incorrect
Sakura

lesslunatic wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

number
So, everyone can say "Oh, it's just a number!", what's the point of the rule if it's only a number ? o_O
Unranking it to fix it would cause no difference in gameplay, as long as slider velocity and tick rate are adjusted accordingly, so i see no reason to do that? in fact isnt 360 half of the BPM already? why should it be cut down more, only reason i see is making it consistent with Taiko, but we've already made exceptions in the past to fix the Taiko glitch, why not go complain at those other mapsets as well? why not unrank them too?
Shiirn

Sakura Hana wrote:

From what i see the only solution to this is to halve BPM for osu!standard and double the SV for the EXACT SAME FRICKEN MAP, is it worth that much trouble for a number that appears on the song listing?

Edit: Also i want to clarify i dont like nor agree with exception to rules since the ones that are supposed to have expcetions are guidelines but the map's already approved, are u gonna just unrank it to fix a number?
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

We've already cleared out the problems behind the bpm differences. What's the problem of calling a 360bpm map 360bpm? should I have made all diffs of Almagest 356 because i used 1/16? no, it's a 178bpm map. The opposite shouldn't be true. It can't be 720 because it just becomes nigh-impossible to functionally map (or play on weaker computers) due to editor constraints.
Hernan
Awesome map.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Shiirn wrote:

It can't be 720 because it just becomes nigh-impossible to functionally map due to editor constraints.
Correcting something - 720 would make the main menu pulse like crazy, and also some other reasons and herp derp.
Cygnus
"Adjust your map to the guidelines, dont adjust the guidelines to your map" - SH's Sig. >.>
Hika
It got approved so stop bitching so damn much.
It's kind of annoying to see people complaining just because of the BPM. You tell him to lower it but now you guys want him to raise it? Make up your minds or something.
Agnes

Shiirn wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ
Me too.
Gonzvlo
To clarify, this was not exactly an exception to a Rule. The BPM was changed in taiko in order to avoid a "bug".

19:57 <Gonzvlo> : Yeah, I suppose that's a misunderstanding. That rule was made so the same song doesn't have different BPM,
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : let's say "40 for Easy and 90 for Normal". In this case the BPM is bacisally the same but it was changed to
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : prevent a bug
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : I'll let the discussion continue, we should be able to reach a conclusion
Charles445
Uh, where exactly does the map use a 1/8 on 360 BPM? It appears to only have 1/4 on 360 BPM. If that's the case then it could easily be 180 BPM at 1/8.

EDIT:
What is this 1/16 you speak of. I can't find it anywhere.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Charles445 wrote:

Uh, where exactly does the map use a 1/8 on 360 BPM? It appears to only have 1/4 on 360 BPM. If that's the case then it could easily be 180 BPM at 1/8.
The song is 360BPM, not 180. That's why I chose it.
Sakura
I only see 2 options here:
1. Unapprove the map, force mapper to use half the BPM and double slider velocity and tickrate and get 3 new MAT/BAT to reapprove it
2. Let it be
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Sakura Hana wrote:

I only see 2 options here:
1. Unapprove the map, force mapper to use half the BPM and double slider velocity and tickrate and get 3 new MAT/BAT to reapprove it
2. Let it be
OR we could just change the rule making it allow more exceptions.
Cygnus
LET IT IT IT BE?! O.O

Blue Dragon wrote:

Adjust your map to the guidelines, dont adjust the guidelines to your map
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Philippines wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Adjust your map to the guidelines, dont adjust the guidelines to your map
I'm not adjusting the guidelines to my map. I'm adjusting the guidelines to the maps that people complain about not getting approved because of this rule.

Please learn to take things on their context.
Hika
You're not cool enough to double post.
There's nothing wrong leaving it how it is.. if there's a bug then there's a bug.
Or you can take out the taiko AHAHAHAHAHA
Gonzvlo
@redo

Still removing pointless posts, sorry. Try to explain your thoughts in other way, please o3o

Gonzvlo wrote:

To clarify, this was not exactly an exception to a Rule. The BPM was changed in taiko in order to avoid a "bug".

19:57 <Gonzvlo> : Yeah, I suppose that's a misunderstanding. That rule was made so the same song doesn't have different BPM,
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : let's say "40 for Easy and 90 for Normal". In this case the BPM is bacisally the same but it was changed to
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : prevent a bug
19:57 <Gonzvlo> : I'll let the discussion continue, we should be able to reach a conclusion
Sakura
Oh well, i already stated my opinion i'll just stop arguing but consider what i said.
Low

Sakura Hana wrote:

2. Let it be
EDIT-

looks like everyone's here to debate. :c
show more