forum

Yoko Shimomura - Weapons Factory

posted
Total Posts
show more
-kevincela-
Sorry p3n,but these sliders for me are really readable and i play them without any problem,so I'm not fixing this for now :\
Sakura
[Easy]
01:20:802 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - Timing on these is really awkward and i tend to 100 more often than not, i recommend you stick to a more constant rythm here (even if it has to be 1/1, you can always use hitsounds to enphasize certain notes).
01:37:266 (4,1,2,3,4,5,1) - ^
01:41:639 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - ^
[...] The rythm doesnt necessarily need to be 1/1 but use something more intuitive, it's pretty hard to predict hitcircles that you dont know if they're gonna be 1/1 or 2/1 (or more) apart (even with a good distance spacing :< )
02:07:622 (1,1,1) - I still love what you did with these sliders =D
Topic Starter
ziin
sliders to the rescue!

All fixed by rearranging rhythm/putting in sliders.
Sakura
Alright, let's give this a try, Bubbled~
Kamure

Sakura Hana wrote:

Alright, let's give this a try, Bubbled~
Yes! Third ranked guest diff here I come!!!
Garven
It's about time I check back here and there's not a mod pending, hehe.

[Kev-Hard]
Combo progression feels random. It might be best to follow ziin's stead and do a combo per measure unless there's a strong pattern that asks for a new combo.

[Cha-Insane]
Kind of the same thing with the combos here. At times you use new combos for jumps [00:47:873 (4,1) - ], and others you don't [00:21:118 (3,4) - ]. Keep it consistent.
02:03:249 (8,9,10,11) - These jumps felt a little out of context compared to the rest of the mapping up until this point. Probably the jump distance is too large.

[Inane]
02:06:336 (10,11,12,13,14) - These were kind of lined up oddly considering the fairly straight pattern base adhering for the earlier end of the combo, but they play fine. *shrug*

Just minor things - let me know if you do any fixes.
Topic Starter
ziin
Inane fixed so it's all on the line with (yet another) pentagon. I actually didn't remap that part from before.
Kamure

Garven wrote:

[Cha-Insane]
Kind of the same thing with the combos here. At times you use new combos for jumps [00:47:873 (4,1) - ], and others you don't [00:21:118 (3,4) - ]. Keep it consistent.
02:03:249 (8,9,10,11) - These jumps felt a little out of context compared to the rest of the mapping up until this point. Probably the jump distance is too large.
Fixed, just check again because i don't know if i got all of the combos down and that jump i changed to a half ztrot formation.

Download: Yoko Shimomura - Weapons Factory (ziin) [Cha-Insane].osu
-kevincela-
Ok,I tried to change a bit the new combos,but I really don't know if I did it right :S

Download: Yoko Shimomura - Weapons Factory (ziin) [Kev-Hard].osu
Topic Starter
ziin
I think it's fine either way. I made my map so that I could put a new combo on every downbeat. kevin didn't so it doesn't work as well.
Kamure
Bla, bla.....

Update stuff stuff you told me, update stuff I made myself...

My message is still kinda short....

Download: Yoko Shimomura - Weapons Factory (ziin) [Cha-Insane].osu
Topic Starter
ziin
fixed up kev's finishes a bit, found one finish of mine to fix, and cha did something or other.

Oh and let's title text this up:
[time:38,size:28,colour:230.26.50,hold:5645]Yoko Shimomura|[time:1838,colour:111.111.111,hold:3485]Weapons Factory

If the 2nd line isn't bold size 40 when you test it add that in too, but it should do that by default.
Garven
If this gets popped I'll be a sad panda.
lolcubes
Oh finally a bubble!
Gogo!
Sakura
[Cha-Insane]
02:02:220 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - The way this pattern is positioned makes me think it's a 5 note stream rather than 2, 3 note streams, i recommend you split both.

Edit: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/152851 now tell me how is this not confusing
Kamure

Sakura Hana wrote:

[Cha-Insane]
02:02:220 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - The way this pattern is positioned makes me think it's a 5 note stream rather than 2, 3 note streams, i recommend you split both.
Err.... Congrats on the whole becoming-a-BAT thing, but I don't think it really matters here....

And I don't feel like popping the bubble just for that.
Kytoxid
Lemme help you pop it then. .osz is bugged, re-full-upload. Right now, it only has Easy, Normal, and Cha-Insane.

And while you're at it, you should probably rearrange the pattern Sakura pointed out.
Lybydose
that pattern is fine I dunno what people are complaining about
whymeman

chamelepeace710 wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

[Cha-Insane]
Err.... Congrats on the whole becoming-a-BAT thing, but I don't think it really matters here....

And I don't feel like popping the bubble just for that.
It should matter to you since it affects how the map plays. Avoiding the fix because you want to keep a bubble is not the way to go. At least try to explain why you choose to use that pattern of spacing. But if it is still unreasonable, then it has to be fixed. Besides that, if you do the fix, you can get the bubble back as well....
Sakura

Lybydose wrote:

that pattern is fine I dunno what people are complaining about
Look at the timeline, there's a stacked note below 4 that's twice as long in the time than the speed at which you're already hitting, plus the way the notes are positioned makes you keep going ahead thinking it's a single stream.

Regardless .osz was bugged so it needed to be popped anyways (i should fully redownload every map even if i already have them when checking bubbles)
Kamure

whymeman wrote:

It should matter to you since it affects how the map plays. Avoiding the fix because you want to keep a bubble is not the way to go. At least try to explain why you choose to use that pattern of spacing. But if it is still unreasonable, then it has to be fixed. Besides that, if you do the fix, you can get the bubble back as well....
Wow WMM, proving things important. But I guess I should have put a reason.
I might as well fix it then if I can't think of a reason. But i'm not able to right now... I gotta sleep now.....
Topic Starter
ziin
I didn't have a problem with it.

Generally speaking, unless you can come up with a good reason to keep something other than "I don't want to pop a bubble" (which is never a good reason), it's worthwhile fixing.

For example, if there were a pattern you were following, or you really like the anti-jump properties of the stack. Both are good reasons IMO, but if you did it without thinking, then go back and think about it.
Kamure

ziin wrote:

I didn't have a problem with it.

Generally speaking, unless you can come up with a good reason to keep something other than "I don't want to pop a bubble" (which is never a good reason), it's worthwhile fixing.

For example, if there were a pattern you were following, or you really like the anti-jump properties of the stack. Both are good reasons IMO, but if you did it without thinking, then go back and think about it.
Thanks, now I really regret saying that "don't wanna pop the bubble" thing now.

So, like ziin said, I don't have a problem with it. And, as I said before, it doesn't matter whether or not I separate the stream. It's acceptable anyway, isn't it? It does turn into the anti-jump property, and it's a great place to do the ztrot formation.

Maybe there is something else wrong with that place.... Nah, probably not.
Topic Starter
ziin
Okay with that, it shouldn't be bugged anymore. Why it gets bugged is beyond me...
Kytoxid
Mmkay, no major issues found, and since cha really wants to keep it that way, this is rebubbled.
Garven
Whoops.
Sakura
Yay, congratulations ziin!
MoodyRPG
Grats ziin

We need more songs for SMRPG <3333
Kamure
YES!
Tanzklaue

somehow I think this will get unranked...
Kamure

Tanzklaue wrote:

somehow I think this will get unranked...
Haha, trust me. We talked about that a lot....
Natteke
wow, worst ranked map I've seen over the past few months.
why is it so bad after like 10 pages of modding? D:
Mismagius
I personally don't see anything wrong with the map.

Try to map a 13/8 song and you'll see if it's easy to do a fun map.
Shiirn
"Inane" was a purposeful misspelling.

look the word up.

And natteke, haven't you had a few ranked maps in the past few months?
Larto

Natteke wrote:

I've not looked at the map, but giving constructive criticism is better than "this sucks why does it suck"
Natteke
How can I constructively explain why a map sucks?
Shiirn

Natteke wrote:

You? You can't. You're not good enough at modding.
Mastodonio
Чья бы корова мычала
Krisom
Stop you both with the personal attacks or I'll have to lock this.

Thanks ~
Larto

Natteke wrote:

Explain what is wrong with the map. That should not be so hard. if you are able to tell that a map sucks, you should be able to tell WHY a map sucks. You should be able to tell out the specific flaws and errors, or at least the things that you believe are subjectively wrong. And if you cannot, then maybe it's time to reconsider your skill to rate maps as "sucky".
theMikeAG
:D Happy to see this ranked. Ziin, you pulled a real trick mapping this.
HakuNoKaemi
gratz

if a map sucks, you should be able to explain why; if a map do suck only for you being an idiot because you can't explain why, then isn't the map the suck, is you that suck in many ways, if however, you find a some flaws, you "might" at least help
Topic Starter
ziin

Natteke wrote:

bad songs deserve love too. Modding doesn't help much to improve the quality of the map, only errors.

map me a section that doesn't suck and it will help me tremendously in the future.

Larto wrote:

Explain what is wrong with the map. That should not be so hard. if you are able to tell that a map sucks, you should be able to tell WHY a map sucks. You should be able to tell out the specific flaws and errors, or at least the things that you believe are subjectively wrong. And if you cannot, then maybe it's time to reconsider your skill to rate maps as "sucky".
The spacing is awkward and slightly too large with circle size 5. The time signature is in a nonstandard 13/8, which makes the rhythms very difficult to follow, to a downright pain to play when sightreading. The circle to slider ratio is far too great, and the placement of circles is questionable in their patterns which show poor/little planning.
Mercurial
Hey ziin, congrats for get ranked this :)
-kevincela-
Yay,finally :D
Natteke

ziin wrote:

map me a section that doesn't suck and it will help me tremendously in the future.
I will try when I'm back home
Charles445
Had a play through of Inane to see what the fuss was about.

My guess as to current low rating - normal circles and strange streams.

By strange streams I mean the ones that are all crunched together and on the 1/6.

I enjoyed the map, glad to see it ranked after it took so long.
lolcubes
Even though the map has it's downsides, I still like it way more than your average mainstream maps that have streams all over the place which make little to no sense.

Very late post, but I just felt like I should write this. Whatever.
Topic Starter
ziin
I can't stand making average maps.
Charles445
Hipster Mapper! \:O/
xsrsbsns
I still like well done average maps more than bad different maps.
Just felt I should write this.

Not saying this map was in any way bad (although it's a little old style but hey I like old maps too!)
The only thing that really bothered me were the crunched streams.