forum

Yoko Shimomura - The Red Locus

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 9:44:57 PM

Artist: Yoko Shimomura
Title: The Red Locus
Source: Radiant Historia
Tags: stocke aht raynie rpg turn based video game generally awesome and all that jazz
BPM: 156
Filesize: 5001kb
Play Time: 01:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Blue Radiance (1.99 stars, 87 notes)
  2. Green Edge (4.37 stars, 145 notes)
  3. Grey Desire (4.97 stars, 409 notes)
  4. Red Locus (4.85 stars, 219 notes)
Download: Yoko Shimomura - The Red Locus
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Dabbling in SBing. Fun times and all that.

Changelog:

Easy updated
Insane updated
General Update (offset shift)
Insane update
General update
Easy Update
Hard and Insane Update
Low
I'm sorry, but there is too much here for me to point out. This is a pretty hard song to map, and you should consider mapping something else. I don't want to offend, but this is a bad mapset. Always keep practicing. Maps aren't good from when you first start making them! :oops:
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
Nah. I will make this work. Thanks for the advice anyway. I guess in the whole scheme of things I'm still beginning aren't I. Heh. Still I've gotta try. I'm gonna put 3 months into this. If I can't get it ranked then, then I will give it up.
BeatofIke
Request from my modding queue :)

I didn't like your map, so I did not mod it seroiusly, sorry. :( I like the song though.

[Blue Radiance]
- I think it would be better if you start placing notes at 00:09:315 instead in the beginning of the song imo. Just make sure you remove combo at 00:09:315 if you want to do this.
- Your slider velocity is too fast for an easy. Usually is 1.00 or lower for easy difficulties.
- There's a lot of jumps on this map. I recommend 0.8x or lower for distance spacing. Just make sure to be consistent with it.
-01:20:181- This break is too long, reduce it. Long breaks can bore players. Add some notes.
-Set slider tick Rate to 2.
-If you need help mapping easy difficulties, click on this link: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Easy
-Bad place to put Kiai Time.

[Green Edge] -About the same issue as easy difficulty.
-Huge difficulty gap between easy and this difficulty. Easy is 2 stars but this one is 4.5 stars.
-If you need help mapping normal difficulties, click on this link: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal

[Red Locus]

[Grey Desire]

I suggest you look at ranked maps and study them. Also like Jacob said, maps are not very good when you first start making them. My advice to you is to learn about polarity. This techinque helps make your maps less confusing. Here's a video about polarity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PkFLrK8Ws
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
Thank you. I do study maps, though no one seems to believe so. I'll try to use what I've learned of polarity to make my map better... though I don't see how it applies here, it is a handy tool to have. I understand the gap in difficulty, but I'm terrible in putting it into practice. Still... I'm probably going to match to my own drum. Silly, stupid, stubborn me.

Thank you for helping, I can only improve with help ;)

Cheers,

Reed R Gale

Edit: Some changes accepted. Also, I like my Kiai time. xD
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.