forum

YuNa - Causal Chain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Teras
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 10 juni 2010 at 22:03:52

Artist: YuNa
Title: Causal Chain
Source: Utatemeguri
Tags: Preview Flat Visual Novel Oyashiro Beatrice Nekoo[]
BPM: 138
Filesize: 12052kb
Play Time: 01:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Angel (3,79 stars, 147 notes)
  2. Human (2,91 stars, 99 notes)
  3. Monster (4,95 stars, 249 notes)
  4. Nekoo's Menace (4,98 stars, 251 notes)
  5. Protector (1,74 stars, 100 notes)
Download: YuNa - Causal Chain
Download: YuNa - Causal Chain (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
PV to the game Utatemeguri by flat.

It's a very awesome song and video. ^^

2 diffs will be provided by Oyashiro Beatrice :D

So yeah-

Monster 100% Done.(Insane)
Human 100% Done. (Normal)
Angel (Oyashiro beatrice)(Hardl) Done.
Protector(Oyashiro Beatrice)(Easy) Done.
Nekoo's Menace(Insane) Done.

Now moved to pending.

Please redownload. new video added. Thankd CNF (I changed some stuff in it myself too. So it works fine for me).

Enjoy~
Hijiri Tezuka
I will help in u conqering Yuna's songs!

Download: YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras) [Angel].osu
Hijiri Tezuka
Flat has good tastes in music...

Download: YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras) [Protector].osu
Topic Starter
Teras

Oyashiro Beatrice wrote:

Flat has good tastes in music...
Indeed :D
Hijiri Tezuka
Shelly-dono
Hope you get more people to notice this one. I really enjoyed playing it!
Card N'FoRcE
Sorry i don't feel like modding now, but i noticed video was terrible (audio was still there, bad proportions, 15MB aretoo much), so i recompressed it a bit for you (still kinda high quality).

Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?od2yyzveotd

Remember to do a Full Submission after changing it.
Topic Starter
Teras

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Sorry i don't feel like modding now, but i noticed video was terrible (audio was still there, bad proportions, 15MB aretoo much), so i recompressed it a bit for you (still kinda high quality).

Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?od2yyzveotd

Remember to do a Full Submission after changing it.
Alright, I will give you kudos for fixing the Video anyways. Even though I don't think the quality is that bad.

EDIT: The video lagged when I played it. But I still let you have kudos for trying. ^^
PSPDS Eddie
nicemap!! :)

Please set the wallpaper with not SB but background.
When Novideo is used, the background is lost.

The photograph can be set by drag and drop.
The mind distribution is not needed because it is set besides animation.
Topic Starter
Teras

PSPDS Eddie wrote:

nicemap!! :)

Please set the wallpaper with not SB but background.
When Novideo is used, the background is lost.

The photograph can be set by drag and drop.
The mind distribution is not needed because it is set besides animation.
Hmm, Can you explain it a little further? I haven't had this problem before about no Background appearing when I use no video. So if you happen to know exactly what i've done wrong it would be awesome. ;-)

Edit: I deleted the Sb when I started mapping this.. So I find it strange if that's the problem :|
Hijiri Tezuka
If I didn't know better, I'd think this map is just about ready! :)
(P.S, I'm trying to find Higher Quality audio since the game will be released soon and I hope Flat will do what they did for KQ)
Topic Starter
Teras

Oyashiro Beatrice wrote:

If I didn't know better, I'd think this map is just about ready! :)
(P.S, I'm trying to find Higher Quality audio since the game will be released soon and I hope Flat will do what they did for KQ)

Yeah ^^ It's just that I added Nekoo's diff now. So we have a super hard Insane diffö So we will have to wait a coupple of days for now :P

By the way. I found a new Yuna song from KQ. The one from the PS2 OP. So I'm mapping it now ^^ If you want to guest diff just make one whenever you want, as I will upload it soon :P
PSPDS Eddie
apparently[YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras).osb] seems to be poor.
Try to delete [YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras).osb], and to do Full upload.

When this file is erased, SB that does strange behavior disappears, and the wallpaper comes to be displayed normally.

good luck! ;)
Topic Starter
Teras

PSPDS Eddie wrote:

apparently[YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras).osb] seems to be poor.
Try to delete [YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras).osb], and to do Full upload.

When this file is erased, SB that does strange behavior disappears, and the wallpaper comes to be displayed normally.

good luck! ;)
Funny, I deleted the SB before. Oh well. Redownloaded map and found it..So it's deleted~

Thanks for noticing. ^^
ShanaTan
Xgor
Hej Hej.

[Timing]

Offset:16 171 (Although I'm not that sure it's correct but it's better than yours)
Then re-snap all the beats

[Tags]

Add Nekoo[] to tags.

[All difficulites]
It might just me but I think it would be much cooler if you started from 00:16:171 although your start works fine too!

[Every difficulty except for Menace]

None of these use distance snap, has 1,40 slider velocity and has almost no hitsounds.
About Distance snap.

FAQ wrote:

For intuitive play, your beatmaps should have good "beat spacing"! A quick illustration of what good and bad beat spacing is can be found here. In general, beats that are close together on the timeline should be close together on the beatmap, and vice versa.

The simplest way to ensure beat spacing is correct on your beatmaps is to utilize the editor's Distance Snapping function, found in the upper-right hand side of the editor. The relative distance between notes can be adjusted using the mouse wheel. If you stick to using Distance Snap for the whole song, correct beat spacing is guaranteed!
It's almost suicide to use no distance snap when you don't know what you are doing so please use it for at-least the most parts of the map.
Look at Menace as this used distance snap most of the time and it works much better then the other difficulites.

I strongly suggest you lower the Slider velocity for Protector and raise it on Monster

Also check out some ranked maps where to add hitsounds, one common thing is that place a clap on every second white tick.

[Protector]
Sigh, please use distance snap on this map :/
Also the slider velocity is pretty high for an easy and I strongly suggest you lower it.
01:17:475 (4) - New combo
01:23:997 (5) - ^
01:34:431 (5) - ^
01:37:910 (1) - Maybe add a extra repeat to this
01:40:087 (4,5,6) - Please remove (4,5) and move (6) to 01:40:087 and make it 2/1 longer
01:42:696 - Add circle here

[Human]
00:33:348 (1) - Move this 1/2 forward on the timeline and make it 1/2 shorter
00:43:566 (1,2,3,4) - It's confusing that you change what to follow here :/ It's best to try to follow one thing in my opinion
00:53:566 (6) - I think a circle only is better here
01:37:696 (1) - Move this 1/2 forward on the timeline and make it 1/2 shorter

[Angel]
01:01:392 (7) - Add new combo
01:02:261 (1) - Remove new combo
01:04:870 (4) - Add new combo
01:24:001 (7) - ^
01:24:870 (1) - Remove new combo

[Menace]
God gawd, Lower the HP drain

Oh well that's for now.
This has quite far to go and it's not ready for an star from me for now but get many mods (from #modReqs and mod queues) and I think this could become great!
Topic Starter
Teras

Xgor wrote:

Hej Hej.

[Timing]

Offset:16 171 (Although I'm not that sure it's correct but it's better than yours)

[Tags]

Add Nekoo[] to tags.

[All difficulites]
It might just me but I think it would be much cooler if you started from 00:16:171 although your start works fine too!

None of these use distance snap, has 1,40 slider velocity and has almost no hitsounds.
About Distance snap.

FAQ wrote:

For intuitive play, your beatmaps should have good "beat spacing"! A quick illustration of what good and bad beat spacing is can be found here. In general, beats that are close together on the timeline should be close together on the beatmap, and vice versa.

The simplest way to ensure beat spacing is correct on your beatmaps is to utilize the editor's Distance Snapping function, found in the upper-right hand side of the editor. The relative distance between notes can be adjusted using the mouse wheel. If you stick to using Distance Snap for the whole song, correct beat spacing is guaranteed!
It's almost suicide to use no distance snap when you don't know what you are doing so please use it for at-least the most parts of the map.
Look at Menace as this used distance snap most of the time and it works much better then the other difficulites.

I strongly suggest you lower the Slider velocity for Protector and raise it on Monster

Also check out some ranked maps where to add hitsounds, one common thing is that place a clap on every second white tick.

[Protector]
Sigh, please use distance snap on this map :/
Also the slider velocity is pretty high for an easy and I strongly suggest you lower it.
01:40:087 (4,5,6) - Please remove (4,5) and move (6) to 01:40:087 and make it 2/1 longer

[Human]
00:43:566 (1,2,3,4) - It's confusing that you change what to follow here :/ It's best to try to follow one thing in my opinion

[Angel]

[Menace]

Oh well that's for now.
This has quite far to go and it's not ready for an star from me for now but get many mods (from #modReqs and mod queues) and I think this could become great!
Kay, I fixed the suggestions for my diffs and lowered Nekoo's HP drain by 2.

Also, I never used Distance snap myself. Because I think it ruins my mapping alot if I get forced to have atleast that spacing and so on..Anyways,
I will leave your suggestions for [Angel] and [Protector] to Oyashiro.
Thanks for your mod :P
Hijiri Tezuka

Xgor wrote:

Hej Hej.

[Timing]

[Tags]

Add Nekoo[] to tags.

[All difficulites]

About Distance snap.

FAQ wrote:

[Protector]
Sigh, please use distance snap on this map :/Finis

[Human]

[Angel]Done

[Menace]

Oh well that's for now.
Did as you asked and hope we fixed it up to meet the standards :)

Download: YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras) [Angel].osu

Download: YuNa - Causal Chain (Teras) [Protector].osu
Colin Hou
[Protector]:
  1. I just noticed that you use both 0.5x and 0.6x spacing in this diff, that's a little confusing, consider to use only one distance snap.
  2. 01:57:040 (1) - remove or map the break before this note.
[Human]:
  1. 00:33:562 (1,2,3,4,5) - jumps in a diff like [Normal]? your map will be voted 1 by the new players :S (check other spacing issues, there are too many..)
  2. 01:57:040 (1) - it feels not good to wait 10 seconds only for this slider... remove it or map the part before it.
[Angel]:
  1. 00:52:692 (4,5,6,7) - spacing
  2. 01:02:257 (2,3,4) - ^
  3. ......I won't mod this, make sure the distance snap is on before you place the notes.
  4. 01:57:040 (1,2,3) - remove or map the break.
[Monster]:
  1. 00:35:304 (9) - remove the whistle on the slider
  2. 01:30:739 (16) - new combo
  3. 01:30:956 (1) - cancel new combo
[Nekoo's Menace]:
  1. many unsnapped notes exist, do a check.
  2. 01:10:957 (9) - make it not so close with (8) can be better
Monster and Menace are well made but you should work harder in your [Easy] and [Normal]s.

star
Topic Starter
Teras

Colin Hou wrote:

[Protector]:Leaving this to Oyashiro.
  1. I just noticed that you use both 0.5x and 0.6x spacing in this diff, that's a little confusing, consider to use only one distance snap.
  2. 01:57:040 (1) - remove or map the break before this note.
[Human]:
  1. 00:33:562 (1,2,3,4,5) - jumps in a diff like [Normal]? your map will be voted 1 by the new players :S (check other spacing issues, there are too many..) I've been thinking about to delete this diff as I can't map Normals. But I will decide what to do about this diff today.But I fixed the jump. ;)
  2. 01:57:040 (1) - it feels not good to wait 10 seconds only for this slider... remove it or map the part before it.
Dunno about this. So won't change it for now.

[Angel]:Leaving this to Oyashiro.
  1. 00:52:692 (4,5,6,7) - spacing
  2. 01:02:257 (2,3,4) - ^
  3. ......I won't mod this, make sure the distance snap is on before you place the notes.
  4. 01:57:040 (1,2,3) - remove or map the break.
[Monster]:
  1. 00:35:304 (9) - remove the whistle on the sliderDone.
  2. 01:30:739 (16) - new comboDone.
  3. 01:30:956 (1) - cancel new combo
Done~

[Nekoo's Menace]:Leaving this to Nekoo []. So I don't do anything wrong.
  1. many unsnapped notes exist, do a check.
  2. 01:10:957 (9) - make it not so close with (8) can be better
Monster and Menace are well made but you should work harder in your [Easy] and [Normal]s.

star
Thanks for your mod ~
show more