forum

Mafia Game [Town Win]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sleep Powder
Lyb/Doc: Hmm, your actions seem to be pretty pro-town. Based on the last few posts... I'm not really suspicious of you so...

unvote

VashWolf: You're getting too worked up about people accusing you of being suspicious/mafia. I don't recommend roleclaiming on Day 1
unless you have a role that would benefit from that in some way. You're playing the same way as the last game and I think if you were mafia you would have at least changed your playstyle knowing your previous one made you suspicious. Neutral

Chris: Uggh, your posts remind me of Two except not as egocentric and obnoxious.

I'll see what I have on everyone else later...
Rolled
I'm glad RVS ended, but it seems like whatever period we are in now is less productive.

What the fuck is going on.
pieguyn
unvote

I don't think we can tell anything from this situation. This is exactly what Swiftwolf did last time, and he was still town. As a result, we can't say Swiftwolf is mafia from this... At this point, I don't think anyone accusing him is mafia either.

Also, I thought we needed 8 votes for a lynch (15/2, rounded up). :? IMO, it's a bit too early to worry about who takes priority over who in a lynch... :?

vote: NoHItter. I have a gut feeling he's mafia (though I'm not sure about some of the more inactive players). >.<
foulcoon
I'm really confused about people saying like "if Swift votes Lyby hes saving himself from a lynch" How many fucking votes do you think you need for a lynch? 4? lol...

Anyways as far as suspicion goes I'm leaning towards voting Swift because hes being a tard clown. Sorry for taking it lightly, but your defense is awful. Not only did you draw so much attention to yourself, but you make it worse with every post.

tl;dr - chill out Swift. It's day 1. RVs fly around first day of every mafia game. If you're not mafia this game then you're just a bad player and shouldn't join anymore games.

you know what, fuck leaning.

Vote: Swift
NoHitter
Unvote

Attempting some set-up speculation.
Given 15 players, I think we should expect three to four scum, and perhaps one SK? We could also have other Independent roles.
Thoughts?

Now we have Swift and his overreaction to a RVS vote. His antics are similar to that of Less Experimental Mafia 2, except then was refusing to answer RQS. He also made many logic fails in regards to his defense.

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

You don't have any proof that I'm scum, or even suspicious. And don't bring up what's already been brought up, that doesn't work.

Chris wrote:

Swifttail is super defensive over random votes and won't vote for lybydose to put them over the lynch mark
Where did this come from? How exactly is not voting for Lybydose = Lybydose and Swift being mafia?

Chris wrote:

so actually if you voted lybydose you'd be saving yourself from a lynch
Why are you suggesting a self-preservation vote this early in the Day?

pieguy1372 wrote:

vote: NoHItter. I have a gut feeling he's mafia (though I'm not sure about some of the more inactive players). >.<
Yeah... I think you should use a more solid reason for voting someone.
pieguyn
I always vote on my gut day 1. It's just basic statistics, the less information you have the higher the sample variance is and the higher chance you will have a false positive with a lower critical value. As a result, on day 1 there really isn't enough information to make a substantiated claim unless someone does something really obvious = =//

I also found it somewhat suspicious how you didn't do RVS "because people didn't like it"...anything to get information is good IMO. Yes, RVS itself doesn't give much information, but it would have definitely started a conversation that could lead to information. (Though, I guess that doesn't matter much because a conversation started anyway... :?)

Personally, I still want to see more from the inactive people (Mashley, Rantai, DxS). ==
NoHitter

pieguy1372 wrote:

I always vote on my gut day 1. It's just basic statistics, the less information you have the higher the sample variance is and the higher chance you will have a false positive with a lower critical value. As a result, on day 1 there really isn't enough information to make a substantiated claim unless someone does something really obvious = =//
I think you should change your Day 1 voting scheme then. Using only your gut is a bad voting scheme.

pieguy1372 wrote:

I also found it somewhat suspicious how you didn't do RVS "because people didn't like it"...anything to get information is good IMO. Yes, RVS itself doesn't give much information, but it would have definitely started a conversation that could lead to information.
You mean RQS?
pieguyn
Oh, yeah I did mean RQS. Sorry :?

Also, in every game I played the person lynched D1 was lynched "because he was suspicious" and he was always town. This is just basic statistics at hand as I mentioned before, especially when you consider the mafia tries to NOT be suspicious... This is just my idea of how to play the game, and IMO it's worked a lot better than lynching town members who screw up, instead of actually showing signs of wanting to hinder town progress or mislead us. >.>
akrolsmir

pieguy1372 wrote:

I also found it somewhat suspicious how you didn't do RVS RQS "because people didn't like it"
I guess NoHitter just can't win. Also, just wondering, was your gut ever right? Since I recall you suspecting me in about every game.

---
Swift, instead of talking about yourself (which you don't seem to be very good at), how about you tell us who you think is suspicious?
pieguyn
It's been right before, but it's also been wrong lol :o

It's not like it matters much because after day 1 I usually don't vote by my gut feelings.
Rantai
Rawr, I'm awake now.

akrolsmir wrote:

I would totally vote Swifttail right now, except meta apparently excuses him? (rantai, I looked through both Mind Games, he didn't seem to be in there)
Opps, sorry not mind mafia. It was less experiment, I knew it was one of LS's games >.<

I was reading through all the posts and will be honest here, I have no clue what's going on. Part of me wants to shut out Swift's posts altogether (considering I had reread them a few times to try to understand what he was on about). Maybe I'm still groggy.

One thing I will say though - I don't think Swift and Lybydose are mafia buddies. As far as I can tell, the only lead that accusation was going on was the fact Swift was hesitant to vote Lybydose to save himself (and vice versa?).

If it were me, I wouldn't vote someone I didn't believe was anti-town (assuming I was town) based on the fact I wanted to save myself. Because the next day I would be dead from hammer accusations leading to 2 dead town (assuming both were town).
Rantai
And for the record I don't think Swift is mafia at this moment, just really... confusing.
Chris_old
self preservation above all d1

that's not hard to understand
Rantai
Well I guess that's your way of approaching D1. Even if it's naive, I still rather vote based on whatever information is presented in front of me instead of resorting to defensive votes.
NoHitter

Chris wrote:

self preservation above all d1

that's not hard to understand
Yes, but you don't self preservation vote until nearing the deadline.
Your vote indicates who you find suspicious.
By using it as self-preservation early on the game, you deprive that information.
Chris_old
there is no information on d1

self preservation above all, and you're both full of it if you had the last vote and wouldn't vote to save yourself
Rolled

NoHItter wrote:

Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

glad to know you're contributing
Chris_old
Chris: Uggh, your posts remind me of Two except not as egocentric and obnoxious.
aww thx for the compliment
Wojjan

pieguy1372 wrote:

Also, in every game I played the person lynched D1 was lynched "because he was suspicious" and he was always town. This is just basic statistics at hand as I mentioned before, especially when you consider the mafia tries to NOT be suspicious... This is just my idea of how to play the game, and IMO it's worked a lot better than lynching town members who screw up, instead of actually showing signs of wanting to hinder town progress or mislead us. >.>
Are you seriously suggesting to lynch for no reason because when we vote for a good reason they're usually town? What makes you think lynching on nothing will get a better chance at getting scum?

NoHItter, pieguy, scum team of the year?
NoHitter

Wojjan wrote:

How did what pieguy make you think we're both scum?

@Chris
So you still think that one should prioritize self-preservation over information in voting long before the deadline?
LadySuburu

Chris wrote:

there is no information on d1
This statement:Not always true
Chris_old

NoHItter wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

How did what pieguy make you think we're both scum?

@Chris
So you still think that one should prioritize self-preservation over information in voting long before the deadline?
yes for the third time

especially on d1 where votes are mostly random and bandwagons are common

there is no "information" to be gained, just speculating based off nothing because nothing has happened
Rolled
Everything in this game is speculations. You can't even take the information you receive from the host as fact, as you now know ^__^

With your logic, a vanilla townie would just RV the whole way through a mafia game. All they have is speculation.

I feel you're underestimating the usefulness and power of speculation, though.
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

Everything in this game is speculations. You can't even take the information you receive from the host as fact, as you now know ^__^

With your logic, a vanilla townie would just RV the whole way through a mafia game. All they have is speculation.

I feel you're underestimating the usefulness and power of speculation, though.
d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1

did you read that yet
Rolled
So what's classified as information as opposed to speculation?
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

So what's classified as information as opposed to speculation?
anything that is confirmed
Rolled
Do you realize how little in mafia is confirmed? Nine times out of ten a decision must be made without previous confirmation on whether it's good or bad.

This is really derailing the thread though. I'm just showing flaws in your argument.
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

Do you realize how little in mafia is confirmed? Nine times out of ten a decision must be made without previous confirmation on whether it's good or bad.

This is really derailing the thread though. I'm just showing flaws in your argument.
my entire argument is based around d1

that's what you and everyone else seems to continue to ignore
Rolled
Nobody is arguing that information on d1 is generally lower than information in later days. What people are arguing is that there is no information to be gathered day 1.
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

Nobody is arguing that information on d1 is generally lower than information in later days. What people are arguing is that there is no information to be gathered day 1.
what information can you gather that is useful d1 other than roleclaims?

voting patterns and crap like that doesn't help till later
Rantai
And there lies the disagreement (that I have at least).

I see information as anything that can be used to read a player, whether that be 'speculation' or otherwise. At the very least it could help with choosing a D1 lynch as opposed to blindly picking or 'gut voting'.

.....Wow ninjas.
Rolled
yeah, what he said.
Chris_old

Rantai wrote:

And there lies the disagreement (that I have at least).

I see information as anything that can be used to read a player, whether that be 'speculation' or otherwise. At the very least it could help with choosing a D1 lynch as opposed to blindly picking or 'gut voting'.

.....Wow ninjas.
anyone you lynch d1 is going to be lynched blindly 100% of the time unless they just claim mafia
Rolled
So are you suggesting that we do not have more information on you than we have against somebody who has posted 0 times?

This conversation is such a derailer so just admit you are wrong and be on with it.
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

So are you suggesting that we do not have more information on you than we have against somebody who has posted 0 times?

This conversation is such a derailer so just admit you are wrong and be on with it.
tell me then what you've gathered from me posting? I'd love to hear this

it isn't derailing anything because there is no other conversations going on, and this is about mafia
Rolled
I gathered that you're bad at mafia
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

I gathered that you're bad at mafia
exactly, nothing

thanks for proving my point
Rolled
If a hypothetical situation arises in which a bus driver were to switch you with player x, and player x dies, it's more likely that you are a strongman rather than you shooting yourself anticipating my switch. Hypothetically.

See, I concluded that due to information I gathered on day 1.
Chris_old

Rolled wrote:

If a hypothetical situation arises in which a bus driver were to switch you with player x, and player x dies, it's more likely that you are a strongman rather than you shooting yourself anticipating my switch. Hypothetically.

See, I concluded that due to information I gathered on day 1.
I think you've got your games switched up
show more