This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Combo Commander
340 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December 6, 2017 at 7:06:22 PM

Artist: Fox Stevenson
Title: Flash
Tags: dnb drum and bass liquicity stan sb kujinn stingy
BPM: 175
Filesize: 3749kb
Play Time: 02:12
Difficulties Available:

Download: Fox Stevenson - Flash
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
redl Nov 29, 2017, hitsounds

Set
Easy: me
Normal: Kujinn
Hard: Stingy
Light Insane: me
Sparks: me



Image Chaoslitz
Image Strategas



Background source: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Sky-Breaker-573152577
Last edited by _orange on , edited 21 times in total.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
677 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
m4m


Spark
00:44:352 (1,2,3) - Mmm sry this pattern doesn't look that great right now imo. Would suggest something different. (If you really want to keep that pattern, sharpen the angles of the sliders a more, would look a lot better imo: https://i.gyazo.com/4184ad232186b04bfa5 ... 4282ac.jpg
00:47:095 (1,2,3) - ^same, it doesn't look natural to play nor does it look good. I get you're trying to have that 60 degree pattern, but having that as a mechanic for structure isn't enough. The long slider doesn't look too good either.
00:45:381 (3,4) - current blanket is not perfect, fix
00:49:495 (4) - just make the slider point to the right for better flow.
00:49:838 (1,2,3) - just wanted to say this one looks a bit better at least
00:54:638 (1,2) - any reason to make these extended sliders and to silence the ends of those? Just regular 1/1 sliders like what you've been using would be more consistent.
01:04:238 (3) - I feel like this should be NC instead of 01:04:067 (1) - and 01:04:581 (1) - but i guess you're following the electric melody thingy. Tbh the drum sound on the white ticks are more prominent. Also you were following the percussions on 01:00:809 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - so it'd make sense to keep following the drums.
01:05:267 (1) - Don't think you need to NC this
01:10:752 (2) - this slider stands out a lot from the normal straight/curved sliders you used, but nothing really special happenings in the music that could support it.
01:11:438 (4,1) - ^similar


Light Insane
01:04:581 (1,2) - something tells me that these two should be in the same color combo. Maybe NC?
01:22:752 (1) - same with the top diff, nothing special in the song to support the special slider.
Hmm not bad


Stingy's Hard
00:55:324 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I'm not liking how the rhythm density is lower here but the song gets a bit more intense compared to the section before this one. Should try to follow the melody like you've done before.
01:03:552 (1,2) - I would just make the 1/4 sliders repeat twice and put them on 01:03:552 - 01:03:895 - 01:04:238 - and 01:04:581 - to emphasize the white ticks cause they seem the loudest imo.
01:04:924 - could use a repeat slider instead of a spinner to keep on mapping that 1/4 beat.
01:16:495 - tbh i feel like you're overusing the extended 3/4 sliders. It really makes the rhythm feel less intense since you're not amplifying the intensity by mapping the red ticks. happens at 01:17:181 - 01:19:924 - and many other places on the other kiai too.
01:07:667 (5) - ^similar reasoning, mapping with 1/1 sliders with a repeat makes the rhythm density seem weak, when it should more intense in this section.
01:10:067 (5,6) - ^
01:36:124 - You're skipping this loud beat here :/ and why the silence on the sliderend?
01:46:924 (5) - 01:57:895 (8) - 02:08:867 (8) - same ^
01:30:981 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - and 01:36:467 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - why tf are these two copy and pasted. The method of mapping is heavily discouraged.
01:53:952 (4,5) - Should make into 2 1/2 sliders instead.
You might want to work on the hitsounds too, they don't really sound too great.
This diff could use some more work.


Kujinn's Normal
00:44:352 (2) - Should NC here since it's the start of the measure. Also tbh, 00:43:667 (1) - this slider could be deleted, it's best to start on a beginning of a measure, even though there's sound beforehand.
00:47:095 (1) - Could use an extra gray node to better blanket with 00:48:467 (2) -
01:17:267 (1,2) - These look a little too clumped/too close for comfort compared to the other ones
01:28:238 (1,2,3) - cntrl+g this 01:28:752 (2,3) - would be better rhythm to follow the melody. Same with 01:30:981 (1,2,3) - 01:33:724 (1,2,3) - 01:36:467 (1,2,3) - 01:39:209 (1,2,3) - 01:41:952 (1,2,3) - 01:44:695 (1,2,3) - You still get to keep these: 01:29:609 (1,2,3) - 01:40:581 (1,2,3) - and some other ones since the melody isn't changing there.
01:29:609 (1) - From here til 01:50:181 - Your NCs changed from every 2 measure to every 1 measure. You need to keep the NC's consistent or else it's going to mess up the health drain.
^ Some of your NCs in the kiai are inconsistent in the kiai as well, need to look over.
01:55:667 (1,2,3) - this looks better imo --> https://i.gyazo.com/4cf71be2528d801e199 ... f6754f.jpg
pretty good for the most part.


Easy
01:02:181 (3,4) - Make into 2 1/1 sliders like the 2 sliders before? I see no reason to change it up here.
01:03:552 (5) - should NC here.
01:14:524 (4,5) - can blanket a bit better.
01:24:124 (2,3) - Not liking the 3/2 gap here when you've been consistent with 1/1 gap in this section.
01:25:495 (4,5) - ^
Not bad.

Could use some more polishing, but i really do like some concepts you used in your maps. Keep up the good work man!
User avatar
Combo Commander
340 posts
Offline
Ohwow wrote:
m4m


Spark
00:44:352 (1,2,3) - Mmm sry this pattern doesn't look that great right now imo. Would suggest something different. (If you really want to keep that pattern, sharpen the angles of the sliders a more, would look a lot better imo: https://i.gyazo.com/4184ad232186b04bfa5 ... 4282ac.jpg fixed
00:47:095 (1,2,3) - ^same, it doesn't look natural to play nor does it look good. I get you're trying to have that 60 degree pattern, but having that as a mechanic for structure isn't enough. The long slider doesn't look too good either. i think it plays fien, changeed the long slider though
00:45:381 (3,4) - current blanket is not perfect, fix i tried
00:49:495 (4) - just make the slider point to the right for better flow. i dont see how it would flow better
00:49:838 (1,2,3) - just wanted to say this one looks a bit better at least ok
00:54:638 (1,2) - any reason to make these extended sliders and to silence the ends of those? Just regular 1/1 sliders like what you've been using would be more consistent. i dont know.. if anyone else suggests it then I'll change
01:04:238 (3) - I feel like this should be NC instead of 01:04:067 (1) - and 01:04:581 (1) - but i guess you're following the electric melody thingy. Tbh the drum sound on the white ticks are more prominent. Also you were following the percussions on 01:00:809 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - so it'd make sense to keep following the drums. okay
01:05:267 (1) - Don't think you need to NC this fixed
01:10:752 (2) - this slider stands out a lot from the normal straight/curved sliders you used, but nothing really special happenings in the music that could support it. i tried to make it stand out less
01:11:438 (4,1) - ^similar okay


Light Insane
01:04:581 (1,2) - something tells me that these two should be in the same color combo. Maybe NC? fixed
01:22:752 (1) - same with the top diff, nothing special in the song to support the special slider. alright
Hmm not bad



Easy
01:02:181 (3,4) - Make into 2 1/1 sliders like the 2 sliders before? I see no reason to change it up here. i did that bc of the synth here 01:02:524
01:03:552 (5) - should NC here. idk i wanna keep it consistent
01:14:524 (4,5) - can blanket a bit better. fixed
01:24:124 (2,3) - Not liking the 3/2 gap here when you've been consistent with 1/1 gap in this section.
01:25:495 (4,5) - ^ I'll think about it
Not bad.

Could use some more polishing, but i really do like some concepts you used in your maps. Keep up the good work man! thanks :)


thanks for the mod!
User avatar
Combo Commander
407 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Ohwow wrote:
m4m


Stingy's Hard
00:55:324 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I'm not liking how the rhythm density is lower here but the song gets a bit more intense compared to the section before this one. Should try to follow the melody like you've done before. The bass kicks just came in and it would be bad to ignore them.
01:03:552 (1,2) - I would just make the 1/4 sliders repeat twice and put them on 01:03:552 - 01:03:895 - 01:04:238 - and 01:04:581 - to emphasize the white ticks cause they seem the loudest imo. I agree with you but I don't know if that will be bad for a Hard difficulty. I'll ask about it~
01:04:924 - could use a repeat slider instead of a spinner to keep on mapping that 1/4 beat. No thanks :3 I love spinners and I think it really fits the build-up
01:16:495 - tbh i feel like you're overusing the extended 3/4 sliders. It really makes the rhythm feel less intense since you're not amplifying the intensity by mapping the red ticks. happens at 01:17:181 - 01:19:924 - and many other places on the other kiai too. ;w; This entire point of most Hard maps is about introducing new rhythms to get the player ready for higher difficulties. The reason I chose this rhythm is because it follows the synths and it's the end of a phrase.
01:07:667 (5) - ^similar reasoning, mapping with 1/1 sliders with a repeat makes the rhythm density seem weak, when it should more intense in this section. =w= nuh I like it! I love it because there's no "real" break when you flow into the next beat.
01:10:067 (5,6) - ^
01:36:124 - You're skipping this loud beat here :/ and why the silence on the sliderend? I'm following the high-pitched synths for emphasis. It's silenced because there's no hitsound for the Drum set.
01:46:924 (5) - 01:57:895 (8) - 02:08:867 (8) - same ^
01:30:981 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - and 01:36:467 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - why tf are these two copy and pasted. The method of mapping is heavily discouraged. they're copy/pasted for consistency and to keep the flow similar to the rest. it's also not visible in editor OR in gameplay. I mean, look at alacat, Gero, ezek, Asphyxia, or MkGuh. that's literally their whole style xD also, please keep your timestamps in chronological order for simplicity.
01:53:952 (4,5) - Should make into 2 1/2 sliders instead. no, I shouldn't. I like this because it helps emphasize the held synth
You might want to work on the hitsounds too, they don't really sound too great. They follow the music, and that's what they're for.
This diff could use some more work.

User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
661 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Yow! M4M return

Easy
  • 00:38:867 (1,1) - needs more recovery time for an easy diff around 4/1 gap
  • 00:55:324 (1) - got some soft cymbals here on a new section start, could maybe use a soft addition fiinish or drumwhisle to indicate that
  • 00:55:324 (1) - control + j on the spot would be nice for a bit smoother play beteween (6;1)
  • 01:06:295 (1) - ^ soft addition finish works great here, same for 01:28:238 (1) - 01:50:181 (1) - 02:09:381 (1) - (lower volume fade out cymbal at the last one)
  • 01:24:124 (2,3) - That rhythm gap here came abit out of nowhere for this section, I think for an easy diff its prob better to start that different rhythm at the major change at 01:28:238 (1,2) - and stick to your current rhythm for this part, I'd suggest making starting 01:24:467 (3) - earlier and into a 2/1, you can hear the sound your following kinda starts on the white tick too but its a bit disguised by the clap
  • 01:47:438 (3,4) - just an idea here but why not delete 4 and change 3 into a circle for a bit of break feeling for that quiet down part, gives a little pause for easy players too since the diff currently has no breaks
  • 02:08:009 (2,3) - same as 01:24:124 (2,3) - if you agreed
  • The soft finish additions apply to the rest of the diffs aswell if you applied some


Normal
  • 00:55:324 (1,2,3) - if your making a 1/2 rhythm here then I'd also repeat it at 00:58:067 (1,2) - since its similar music wise and you don't have a standalone 1/2 rhythm for the intro
  • 01:28:238 (1) - NC concept kinda breaks here, would stick to either one every downbeat or one every 2 downbeats for the entire map
  • 01:38:352 (2,3,4,1) - the flow changs and major overlap seems a bit too much here compared to the rest of the diff, prob better if you could rearrange 01:38:524 (3,4,1) - so this is just regelar circlar/linear flow instead of the flow breaks like you did with the rest

Hard
  • 01:01:495 (3) - with the intensity increasing here I'd be better to have the end here clickable like the rest of 01:00:809 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - since this is the main feedback for the speedup, so same rhythm as 01:02:867 (3,4,5) - would be nice or something like this rhythm if you want diversity
    Image
  • 01:03:552 (1) - 4 1/4 white to red returns could work here for clap emphasis for this (double returns seem a bit too hard compared to the rest of the diff tho)
  • 01:08:695 (7) - and similar, would recommend silencing slider using the soft sample setting instead, now you stll have that like background tick even with 5% volume due to the hitnormal being so high pitched
  • 01:16:238 (5,6) - 02:00:124 (5,6) - these extended silders seem kinda overdone since the synth starts at (3) which makes it feel really weird that you kinda follow only the half of it, I'd stick to 1/2 for these 2
    01:35:095 (1,2,3,4,5) - would be nice to avoid overlaps here, rest of the maps is pretty clean so this kinda looks a bit off, maybe could dos omething like this for example
    Image

Light Insane
  • 00:58:752 (3,4,1) - would be nice if you could make this a bit more connected visually, just looks a bit random to fill the ds imo, could try something like this for example
    Image
  • 01:01:495 (4) - maybe NC this too if you NC 01:02:867 (1) - so theyre all groups of 3 (or delete the last NC)
  • 01:09:552 (2,3) - could blanket these so you emphasize 01:10:067 (4) - aswell with a jump like the rest in the section
  • 01:13:152 (1,2,3) - would be nice to make the visual distance between 1-2 and tail of 3 and 2 even so this feels more structured while playing the same
  • 01:17:781 (2,3,4) - would reduce the jump just a bit by placing 3 more upleft so those slider to circle jumps are more inline with the rest of this section
  • 01:27:209 (1,2,3,4) - pretty strong jumps for those really weak tom sounds, would maybe reduce a bit since its kinda buildup towards 01:28:238 (1) -
  • 01:41:438 (5,6,1) - simalr to ^ placing 6 left and build around the visual of 6-5-1 to make it feel more connected and less random

Spark
    00:45:381 (3,4) - could rearange it like this for similar flow but avoiding that a bit bad overlap
    Image

  • 00:52:238 (4) - would place this more near x240/y208 so you take the sliderleniecy from (63) bit more into account flow wise and you got the jump on the next downbeat
  • 01:04:067 (7,8,1) - bit misleading spacing here, would be better if 01:04:067 (7,8) - was still 0.8 ds so you have the change on the next set of 8 notes
  • 01:10:752 (2,3,4) - felt kinda off flow wise while playing really wide almost linear movenement here, could try placing (3) at x308/y28 ish for a bit mor anglular movement, makes this play smoother
  • 02:00:467 (5) - why not control + g this one, you kinda introduced it this rhythm and similar placement at 01:57:295 (2,3,4,5,6) - with the 2 same direction ones sliders so could repeat that here since its so similar that its kinda expected to be the same direction too

Nice set! Really liking the top diff, gl man! :D
User avatar
Combo Commander
407 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Wishkey wrote:
Yow! M4M return

Hard
  • 01:01:495 (3) - with the intensity increasing here I'd be better to have the end here clickable like the rest of 01:00:809 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - since this is the main feedback for the speedup, so same rhythm as 01:02:867 (3,4,5) - would be nice or something like this rhythm if you want diversity
    Image
    dude that's way too hard for what I'm looking for ;w; sorry
  • 01:03:552 (1) - 4 1/4 white to red returns could work here for clap emphasis for this (double returns seem a bit too hard compared to the rest of the diff tho) I like what I have now because having too much 1/4 REPEATS could cause confusion. This is much easier to read, despite there being more repeats
  • 01:08:695 (7) - and similar, would recommend silencing slider using the soft sample setting instead, now you stll have that like background tick even with 5% volume due to the hitnormal being so high pitched I like how it is because I don't see a reason for this ;w;
  • 01:16:238 (5,6) - 02:00:124 (5,6) - these extended silders seem kinda overdone since the synth starts at (3) which makes it feel really weird that you kinda follow only the half of it, I'd stick to 1/2 for these 2 1.) I don't understand ;w; 2.) Hards are meant to INTRODUCE 3/4 rhythms and these holds play very well.
    01:35:095 (1,2,3,4,5) - would be nice to avoid overlaps here, rest of the maps is pretty clean so this kinda looks a bit off, maybe could dos omething like this for example
    Image
    I agree with the first part but I did something else to fix it
Nice set! Really liking the top diff, gl man! :D RIP to my diff


^^
Update!
http://puu.sh/xSsS9/a4d831f563.osu
User avatar
Combo Commander
407 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
double post!~


Easy
00:47:095 (5,6,1) - These shapes are quite conflicting because of the angle changes. With that being said, there isn't a huge need to change them.
01:02:181 (3,4,5) - I disagree with this rhythm choice because this part of the song is a build-up. which means that intensity is building. Your rhythm is lowering intensity, which is contradictory to the music.
01:13:152 (2,3,4,5,6) - THIS is a great use of intensity!~ Even though there is no quickening pace of the snares, you emphasized the end of a phrase.
imo, this difficulty needs to be much more dense to fit with the spread. As of now, there isn't much rhythm variation or difficulty, and the Normal is mapped quite nicely regarding these aspects. Overall, I think it's quite unstructured in the sense that your direction changes are very unexpected and most of the slider shapes don't flow well. There are instances of where you show very good structure and usage of sliders but this is a small minority.


Kujinn's Normal
wew nice sliders my dude oWo
01:28:238 - Hm... I feel like here, you could have much more rhythm variation than you do. I see that you have some different rhythms to start with, but I think that this section could be much more interesting and more fun to play with more types of rhythm.
01:38:524 (3,4,1) - eeee I don't know how visible this is for sightreading but I don't really think it's an issue? I fear that someone might bring it up. I personally think it's a teeny bit cluttered compared to the other patterns in the section, but I still think it should be okay.
01:46:067 (1,2,3) - Gero is that you? :thinking:


Light Insane
01:00:809 - I like your use of intensity here, but it is very out-of-place when comparing it to the earlier sections. The jumps are very big and unexpected. I suggest toning down the intensity for a few measures then building it up further into the section.
01:03:552 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - For instance, take this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea, but it's very "out of the blue" and is actually really hard to play.
01:22:752 (1,2) - Match these two sliders up for aesthetic reasons ;w;. 2's angle isn't lined up well.
There really isn't much else to say about this difficulty. I love your structural ideas and it seems you executed them quite well. The only major issue I have is with the way you cluster difficulty into one section. For the most part, the map flows alright. Some of the sliders (kicks, mainly) could use a bit of reshaping to fit their respective sections, but that comes with mapping itself~


Spark
00:44:352 (1,2,3) - Match these angles ;w; eeee my OCD is dying! Although I must say, (3) is a nice slider~
01:05:609 (1) - I highly suggest making this a kickslider because there's a hi-hat on the blue tick here and it'd be contradicting to ignore it.
Damn~
User avatar
Combo Commander
340 posts
Offline
Wishkey wrote:
Yow! M4M return

Easy
  • 00:38:867 (1,1) - needs more recovery time for an easy diff around 4/1 gap okay
  • 00:55:324 (1) - got some soft cymbals here on a new section start, could maybe use a soft addition fiinish or drumwhisle to indicate that sure
  • 00:55:324 (1) - control + j on the spot would be nice for a bit smoother play beteween (6;1) yeah but not better for 1 - 2, I'll see if anyone else points it out
  • 01:06:295 (1) - ^ soft addition finish works great here, same for 01:28:238 (1) - 01:50:181 (1) - 02:09:381 (1) - (lower volume fade out cymbal at the last one) yeah
  • 01:24:124 (2,3) - That rhythm gap here came abit out of nowhere for this section, I think for an easy diff its prob better to start that different rhythm at the major change at 01:28:238 (1,2) - and stick to your current rhythm for this part, I'd suggest making starting 01:24:467 (3) - earlier and into a 2/1, you can hear the sound your following kinda starts on the white tick too but its a bit disguised by the clap sure, but should i keep 4 the same?
  • 01:47:438 (3,4) - just an idea here but why not delete 4 and change 3 into a circle for a bit of break feeling for that quiet down part, gives a little pause for easy players too since the diff currently has no breaks maybe
  • 02:08:009 (2,3) - same as 01:24:124 (2,3) - if you agreed yep
  • The soft finish additions apply to the rest of the diffs aswell if you applied some ye


Light Insane
  • 00:58:752 (3,4,1) - would be nice if you could make this a bit more connected visually, just looks a bit random to fill the ds imo, could try something like this for example fixed
    Image
  • 01:01:495 (4) - maybe NC this too if you NC 01:02:867 (1) - so theyre all groups of 3 (or delete the last NC) right
  • 01:09:552 (2,3) - could blanket these so you emphasize 01:10:067 (4) - aswell with a jump like the rest in the section good catch
  • 01:13:152 (1,2,3) - would be nice to make the visual distance between 1-2 and tail of 3 and 2 even so this feels more structured while playing the same i think i fixed it but im kinda confused tbh
  • 01:17:781 (2,3,4) - would reduce the jump just a bit by placing 3 more upleft so those slider to circle jumps are more inline with the rest of this section did something
  • 01:27:209 (1,2,3,4) - pretty strong jumps for those really weak tom sounds, would maybe reduce a bit since its kinda buildup towards 01:28:238 (1) - fixed
  • 01:41:438 (5,6,1) - simalr to ^ placing 6 left and build around the visual of 6-5-1 to make it feel more connected and less random done

Spark
    00:45:381 (3,4) - could rearange it like this for similar flow but avoiding that a bit bad overlap
    Image
    did something else
  • 00:52:238 (4) - would place this more near x240/y208 so you take the sliderleniecy from (63) bit more into account flow wise and you got the jump on the next downbeat sure
  • 01:04:067 (7,8,1) - bit misleading spacing here, would be better if 01:04:067 (7,8) - was still 0.8 ds so you have the change on the next set of 8 notes idk, i wanted to nc every 8 but the synth is on 6 so i changed it there
  • 01:10:752 (2,3,4) - felt kinda off flow wise while playing really wide almost linear movenement here, could try placing (3) at x308/y28 ish for a bit mor anglular movement, makes this play smoother fixed
  • 02:00:467 (5) - why not control + g this one, you kinda introduced it this rhythm and similar placement at 01:57:295 (2,3,4,5,6) - with the 2 same direction ones sliders so could repeat that here since its so similar that its kinda expected to be the same direction too idk i want some variety i guess

Nice set! Really liking the top diff, gl man! :D


Thanks! lots of really good points c:

Stingy wrote:
double post!~


Easy
00:47:095 (5,6,1) - These shapes are quite conflicting because of the angle changes. With that being said, there isn't a huge need to change them. not sure that i really understand this :p
01:02:181 (3,4,5) - I disagree with this rhythm choice because this part of the song is a build-up. which means that intensity is building. Your rhythm is lowering intensity, which is contradictory to the music. idk I don't think that's a big deal in an easy, i kinda like it the way it is rn. I'll change it if anyone else points it out
01:13:152 (2,3,4,5,6) - THIS is a great use of intensity!~ Even though there is no quickening pace of the snares, you emphasized the end of a phrase. thanks :)
imo, this difficulty needs to be much more dense to fit with the spread. As of now, there isn't much rhythm variation or difficulty, and the Normal is mapped quite nicely regarding these aspects. Overall, I think it's quite unstructured in the sense that your direction changes are very unexpected and most of the slider shapes don't flow well. There are instances of where you show very good structure and usage of sliders but this is a small minority. yeah i guess the flow could be better but I don't understand why it needs to be more dense.


Light Insane
01:00:809 - I like your use of intensity here, but it is very out-of-place when comparing it to the earlier sections. The jumps are very big and unexpected. I suggest toning down the intensity for a few measures then building it up further into the section. fixed
01:03:552 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - For instance, take this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea, but it's very "out of the blue" and is actually really hard to play. I feel like it's expected because of the long buildup, but I also don't want to make these all 1/4 sliders. I'll consider it
01:22:752 (1,2) - Match these two sliders up for aesthetic reasons ;w;. 2's angle isn't lined up well. fixed
There really isn't much else to say about this difficulty. I love your structural ideas and it seems you executed them quite well. The only major issue I have is with the way you cluster difficulty into one section. For the most part, the map flows alright. Some of the sliders (kicks, mainly) could use a bit of reshaping to fit their respective sections, but that comes with mapping itself~


Spark
00:44:352 (1,2,3) - Match these angles ;w; eeee my OCD is dying! Although I must say, (3) is a nice slider~ haha, sorry.. and thanks!
01:05:609 (1) - I highly suggest making this a kickslider because there's a hi-hat on the blue tick here and it'd be contradicting to ignore it. uhh, are you sure? I can't hear the anything on the blue tick
Damn~


haha thanks for the helpful mod and many compliments :D
User avatar
Combo Commander
443 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
spark
  • 00:46:752 (4) - might be nice if all of these leading beats were hit circles so that rhythm is different and so that it adds emphasis on the next note
  • 00:49:495 (4) - like this one
  • 00:52:238 (4) - and this one as well
  • 01:30:981 (1,2,3) - this pattern is a bit problematic because it makes 01:31:152 (2) - this note seem just as important as 01:31:324 (3) - this one when they definitely have varying amounts of importance. applies to everywhere else as well

easy
  • 00:45:724 (3,4) - any reason to go against circular flow here and make it bend to the left, adding unnecessary emphasis on 4?
  • 00:45:724 (3) - i dont really like having these held long note on apparently no note, you could argue that you holding over the previous note but id rather it was just a hit circle so that rhythm is a bit lighter and less slidery in the beginning, applies everywher eelse as well until 00:55:324 (1) -
  • 01:03:552 (5) - this would be nice to replace as a 1/1 repeat into hit circle so that the roll doesnt feel as skipped out rhythm wise
  • 01:09:038 (4) - it would be nice to double nc usage in the kiai so that notes feel more important here
  • 01:10:409 (5) - there isnt really a note that this starts on, i would skip until the white beat in the middle and add a 1/1 slider there, would mix up rhythm and follow it better
  • 01:15:895 (5) - i would just put a hit circle on the slider end and remove the start because it doesnt really start on a note here again
  • same suggestions for the rest of this section and the next kiai as this one

kujinn normal
  • 00:46:409 (4) - i would remove 00:51:895 (3) - all of 00:49:152 (3) - these sliders and replace them with just a hit circle on the slider end so that rhythm is mixed up and that the synth is more emphasized
  • 01:16:581 (5) - this would be nice as not a repeat but hit circle after because of the synth behind it
  • 01:29:609 (1,2,3) - why is nc usage doubled here, i would keep it like you did in the previous section
  • pretty good kujinn

stingy hard
  • 00:44:352 (1,2,3) - i would probably keep this as a 3/2 slider repeat rhythm in the beginning because its still really calm
  • 00:54:638 (6,7) - these dont really fit as 3/4 sliders because your skipping over a hihat rhythm on the red beats and it loses its emphasis doing it twice in a row like this
  • 01:09:552 (2,3,4) - you only use 1/4 rhythms twice in this entire section and it feels really unnecessary because it doesn't emphasize anything being there,
    they're just kinda there randomly
  • same thing in the next kiai
  • the biggest problem i have with this map is just the WAY overuse of 3/4 sliders and extended notes. like their meant to be used as emphasis usually at lower level difficulties like this and its just over excessive the amount of times you use it that its less emphasizing and more unintuitive rhythm because sy times of the same note you use a 3/4 slider and other times you just dont, making it inconsistent, and even if it was consistent it just feels excessive the amount of times you use it still

light insane
User avatar
Combo Commander
340 posts
Offline
Aeril wrote:
spark
  • 00:46:752 (4) - might be nice if all of these leading beats were hit circles so that rhythm is different and so that it adds emphasis on the next note ehh I only want clickable notes on the melody
  • 00:49:495 (4) - like this one
  • 00:52:238 (4) - and this one as well
  • 01:30:981 (1,2,3) - this pattern is a bit problematic because it makes 01:31:152 (2) - this note seem just as important as 01:31:324 (3) - this one when they definitely have varying amounts of importance. applies to everywhere else as well the straight flow kinda makes it harder to play. on the third note, i could've made it at a sharp angle to 2, but it's straight and everything else flows differently. idk if that's a valid reason but thats what i was thinking

easy
  • 00:45:724 (3,4) - any reason to go against circular flow here and make it bend to the left, adding unnecessary emphasis on 4? fixed
  • 00:45:724 (3) - i dont really like having these held long note on apparently no note, you could argue that you holding over the previous note but id rather it was just a hit circle so that rhythm is a bit lighter and less slidery in the beginning, applies everywher eelse as well until 00:55:324 (1) - okay
  • 01:03:552 (5) - this would be nice to replace as a 1/1 repeat into hit circle so that the roll doesnt feel as skipped out rhythm wise fixed
  • 01:09:038 (4) - it would be nice to double nc usage in the kiai so that notes feel more important here sure
  • 01:10:409 (5) - there isnt really a note that this starts on, i would skip until the white beat in the middle and add a 1/1 slider there, would mix up rhythm and follow it better i dont think it would follow the rhythm better
  • 01:15:895 (5) - i would just put a hit circle on the slider end and remove the start because it doesnt really start on a note here again ill think about it
  • same suggestions for the rest of this section and the next kiai as this one


light insane
  • 01:04:924 (1) - why is this ncd, doesnt really need to be yeah i guess
  • pretty okay


thank you!
User avatar
Combo Commander
407 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Aeril wrote:
stingy hard
  • 00:44:352 (1,2,3) - i would probably keep this as a 3/2 slider repeat rhythm in the beginning because its still really calm I don't see why
  • 00:54:638 (6,7) - these dont really fit as 3/4 sliders because your skipping over a hihat rhythm on the red beats and it loses its emphasis doing it twice in a row like this I'm not emphasizing the hi-hats though...?
  • 01:09:552 (2,3,4) - you only use 1/4 rhythms twice in this entire section and it feels really unnecessary because it doesn't emphasize anything being there,
    they're just kinda there randomly My reasoning behind this is because 01:10:067 (5,6) - these are kind of like rests for the player, and they are also technically a new rhythm. I have the triplet in front because it adds a sort of "hint" that there is a new rhythm coming.
  • same thing in the next kiai
  • the biggest problem i have with this map is just the WAY overuse of 3/4 sliders and extended notes. like their meant to be used as emphasis usually at lower level difficulties like this and its just over excessive the amount of times you use it that its less emphasizing and more unintuitive rhythm because sy times of the same note you use a 3/4 slider and other times you just dont, making it inconsistent, and even if it was consistent it just feels excessive the amount of times you use it still I really disagree with these because I listen to the synths when placing 3/4 sliders. The main reason for this is because they're the melody and that's the most important part along with the drums. If I follow the drums throughout the whole thing, it's extremely boring... Also, notice how I do it on every other 4-beat measure... This is called consistency.


User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
2,130 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
Hello! Forgive me for the huge delay, I've been quite busy lately. So... M4M~ A mod in return as promised!


- - Image Easy - -
  • 00:38:867 (1) - Well, the offset's volume level just made this spinner quite too loud as far as I can hear, especially the end of it. I would suggest reducing the volume to somewhere like... approximately 50%-60%? Because it's a long intro before the spinner, it might probably be best to keep the objects' audibility down somehow.
  • 00:55:324 (1) - At the very end of this slider, it could've been a drum clap that would amplify the percussion here rather than soft. You also did add some drum claps after this part. So, just saying it here in case you care about consistency.
  • 01:47:438 - Nearly the same thing about the volume stuff on the first mod, but kinda a little different this time. This part as well a little too loud based on the volume set, since the song track over this section doesn't seem to have a huge impact right before the chorus drops. So it might okay if you'd lower the volume here too.
  • - Speaking about volume that is hitsound-related, I can really tell that it applies onto some of the other difficulties in the set too. This difficulty is quite okay enough for me honestly, but you've probably need to pay more attention to volume control next time.



- - Image Kuijinn - -
  • 00:58:067 (1,2) - Maybe you could try something much appealing here by using the structure here. I might say these two sliders can be flipped vertically and adjust a few placements for this kind of structural flow or something similar. Not actually the most perfect pattern to suffice a smoother flow, but at least it may help out the execution of structure at some point.
  • 01:38:524 (3,4) - Technically, I don't really find this pattern coherent having a strange overlap, especially when it comes to normal difficulties. But really, I don't really recommend such clustered sliders and overlapping in a very strange way of executing the pattern. I would mind to make these two sliders split, and do the other way around. You could at least do something similar with a way you've previously did on 01:33:038 (3,4) - for visibility and consistency too.



- - Image Stingy - -
  • 00:51:552 (5) - There's this pitched melody on this part that has a pretty clear beats. I'd probably say, it might be a lot better if this slider would be replaced to two circles in order to emphasize the melody much dense and suitable. It might make the rhythm composition a little out of nowhere, but it'll work much better in comparison to the slider.
  • 01:14:181 (7,1,2) - In my point of view, that kinda looks a bit clustered looking by the structure and some stacking usage over there. Would probably overlap (7) and (2) rather than stacking it up with a slider head and tail. You could try to map it out by using slider (2)'s straight angle behind slider (7)'s head afterwards, something like this might inspire you or something else in a weird way.
  • 01:35:438 (2) - I guess you missed a hitsounding spot here for keeping up with the percussion? Might you wanna add a clap here for sure. Just saying..
  • 02:08:009 (4,5,6,7) - You almost did something pretty good here, almost. The overlapping between the two sliders were okay, but the next few circles kinda disintegrate the structural flow somehow. So it's either because of the next three circles' placements, or the slider position could be a little misplaced. I would actually suggest to either flip the slider's position and redo the curve a little, or maybe make the slider flow towards the next circle, or move away one of the three circles. Well, there are many options somehow, but you may do it your own way.



- - Image Light Insane - -
  • 00:51:552 (2,3,4) - I think this triangle could've been done the opposite of where its heading of flow, because of the previous slider's positioning. Could just easily select all these three circles and do some of your Ctrl + G way of mapping or so. That being said, It'll also stack up a circle on slider (5)'s head which makes it a little dense enough to barely notice the change of the emphasis between the notes and the song track.
  • 00:54:295 (2,3) - Well, that's somehow an unnecessary small jump on a calm part that's merely close to the buildup section or something. You could've done it on 00:55:152 (4,1) - instead, but it was already been done. So why creating such jump here only for the sake of structure? You might wanna reconsider this or something.
  • 01:04:924 (2) - How about adding a new combo here? You've probably added a few of them each snare that lands in the song track to perform a distress stream, so adding just one more on this streaming slider would literally give you the glimpse of combo consistency with 01:03:552 (1,1,1) - .
  • 01:13:838 (3,4,1) - Over these couple of jumps, there's this differential jump intensity that could be a little contradictory. I mean like, one of the jumps is probably bigger than another and it's most likely one of those jumps doesn't fit the song track's dense parts in order to amplify the intensity. Let's say, the two linear sliders on 01:13:838 (3,4) - has a spacing of above 2.7x while the other jump on 01:14:181 (4,1) - is partially smaller than the previous. I'd simply say, you may wanna swap them out by placing them a little closer. You can keep the patterning for the aesthetics if you want, but just try to reduce the huge jump on (3) and (4).
  • 01:27:209 (1,2,3,4) - To me, I kinda feel this part over those notes somehow lacks a bit of hitsounding. The drums over the song track's background is distinctly audible and would be worth adding some hitsounds for it to amplify. Would recommend drum sampleset hitsound for the music change though.



- - Image Spark - -
  • 00:43:667 (1,2,1) - 00:54:638 (1,2,1) - There's some small visual issue with these two parts around this particular section of the song track. You've quite used some 2/4 rhythm compositions here, yeah. But the distance spacing could really tell the huge difference over these two. That being said, the second part is actually a lot bigger than the first one due to the buildup section. But visually, it could probably be a little tricky to players on gameplay with these two having the same rhythm but different structuring. You might need to be a little more consistent towards spacing mostly or somewhat.
  • 01:27:209 (1,2,1,2) - Exactly the same thing about the hitsounding, and therefore as well the next section after the note that has a finish hitsound on 01:28:238 -.
  • 01:29:095 (8,9) - 01:31:838 (8,9) - 01:33:209 (7,8) - 01:37:324 (8,9) - 01:42:809 (8,9) - Alright, this may lead to something much major than the other issue about distance spacing. Probably all these parts, and the rest of those similar to these, are literally inconsistent based on execution and correspondence to emphasis. And because of that, this whole section of the song track's sound waves and drums technically sounds the same by density. So there's no actual reason to vary such spacing or patterning in terms of relevancy or emphasis. I highly recommend to comprise the unnecessary jumps that's after the five-circle streams to progress the flow at the same rate. For short, consist the jumps equally by distance spacing.


In my honest opinion, the mapset looks pretty solid. You could've tried to polish some of the structures in some difficulties, especially the mid difficulties at some point. Overall execution and concept was pretty much fine though. Just some issues about the hitsounding and a bit of rhythm and emphasis in harder difficulties that needs more tweaking and refinements.

That is all for now, great song~
Best of luck!
User avatar
Combo Commander
340 posts
Offline
Cerulean Veyron wrote:
Hello! Forgive me for the huge delay, I've been quite busy lately. So... M4M~ A mod in return as promised!


- - Image Easy - -
  • 00:38:867 (1) - Well, the offset's volume level just made this spinner quite too loud as far as I can hear, especially the end of it. I would suggest reducing the volume to somewhere like... approximately 50%-60%? Because it's a long intro before the spinner, it might probably be best to keep the objects' audibility down somehow. good catch
  • 00:55:324 (1) - At the very end of this slider, it could've been a drum clap that would amplify the percussion here rather than soft. You also did add some drum claps after this part. So, just saying it here in case you care about consistency. fixed
  • 01:47:438 - Nearly the same thing about the volume stuff on the first mod, but kinda a little different this time. This part as well a little too loud based on the volume set, since the song track over this section doesn't seem to have a huge impact right before the chorus drops. So it might okay if you'd lower the volume here too. just by a bit
  • - Speaking about volume that is hitsound-related, I can really tell that it applies onto some of the other difficulties in the set too. This difficulty is quite okay enough for me honestly, but you've probably need to pay more attention to volume control next time.



- - Image Kuijinn - -
  • 00:58:067 (1,2) - Maybe you could try something much appealing here by using the structure here. I might say these two sliders can be flipped vertically and adjust a few placements for this kind of structural flow or something similar. Not actually the most perfect pattern to suffice a smoother flow, but at least it may help out the execution of structure at some point.
  • 01:38:524 (3,4) - Technically, I don't really find this pattern coherent having a strange overlap, especially when it comes to normal difficulties. But really, I don't really recommend such clustered sliders and overlapping in a very strange way of executing the pattern. I would mind to make these two sliders split, and do the other way around. You could at least do something similar with a way you've previously did on 01:33:038 (3,4) - for visibility and consistency too.



- - Image Stingy - -
  • 00:51:552 (5) - There's this pitched melody on this part that has a pretty clear beats. I'd probably say, it might be a lot better if this slider would be replaced to two circles in order to emphasize the melody much dense and suitable. It might make the rhythm composition a little out of nowhere, but it'll work much better in comparison to the slider.
  • 01:14:181 (7,1,2) - In my point of view, that kinda looks a bit clustered looking by the structure and some stacking usage over there. Would probably overlap (7) and (2) rather than stacking it up with a slider head and tail. You could try to map it out by using slider (2)'s straight angle behind slider (7)'s head afterwards, something like this might inspire you or something else in a weird way.
  • 01:35:438 (2) - I guess you missed a hitsounding spot here for keeping up with the percussion? Might you wanna add a clap here for sure. Just saying..
  • 02:08:009 (4,5,6,7) - You almost did something pretty good here, almost. The overlapping between the two sliders were okay, but the next few circles kinda disintegrate the structural flow somehow. So it's either because of the next three circles' placements, or the slider position could be a little misplaced. I would actually suggest to either flip the slider's position and redo the curve a little, or maybe make the slider flow towards the next circle, or move away one of the three circles. Well, there are many options somehow, but you may do it your own way.



- - Image Light Insane - -
  • 00:51:552 (2,3,4) - I think this triangle could've been done the opposite of where its heading of flow, because of the previous slider's positioning. Could just easily select all these three circles and do some of your Ctrl + G way of mapping or so. That being said, It'll also stack up a circle on slider (5)'s head which makes it a little dense enough to barely notice the change of the emphasis between the notes and the song track. imo the flow seems fine and i don't want to make a 1/2 stack either
  • 00:54:295 (2,3) - Well, that's somehow an unnecessary small jump on a calm part that's merely close to the buildup section or something. You could've done it on 00:55:152 (4,1) - instead, but it was already been done. So why creating such jump here only for the sake of structure? You might wanna reconsider this or something. okay
  • 01:04:924 (2) - How about adding a new combo here? You've probably added a few of them each snare that lands in the song track to perform a distress stream, so adding just one more on this streaming slider would literally give you the glimpse of combo consistency with 01:03:552 (1,1,1) - . that's how i originally had it but i think one or two people said the nc wasn't necessary. I'll change it again i guess
  • 01:13:838 (3,4,1) - Over these couple of jumps, there's this differential jump intensity that could be a little contradictory. I mean like, one of the jumps is probably bigger than another and it's most likely one of those jumps doesn't fit the song track's dense parts in order to amplify the intensity. Let's say, the two linear sliders on 01:13:838 (3,4) - has a spacing of above 2.7x while the other jump on 01:14:181 (4,1) - is partially smaller than the previous. I'd simply say, you may wanna swap them out by placing them a little closer. You can keep the patterning for the aesthetics if you want, but just try to reduce the huge jump on (3) and (4). fixed
  • 01:27:209 (1,2,3,4) - To me, I kinda feel this part over those notes somehow lacks a bit of hitsounding. The drums over the song track's background is distinctly audible and would be worth adding some hitsounds for it to amplify. Would recommend drum sampleset hitsound for the music change though. fixed



- - Image Spark - -
  • 00:43:667 (1,2,1) - 00:54:638 (1,2,1) - There's some small visual issue with these two parts around this particular section of the song track. You've quite used some 2/4 rhythm compositions here, yeah. But the distance spacing could really tell the huge difference over these two. That being said, the second part is actually a lot bigger than the first one due to the buildup section. But visually, it could probably be a little tricky to players on gameplay with these two having the same rhythm but different structuring. You might need to be a little more consistent towards spacing mostly or somewhat. fixed
  • 01:27:209 (1,2,1,2) - Exactly the same thing about the hitsounding, and therefore as well the next section after the note that has a finish hitsound on 01:28:238 -. fixed the hitsounds, but what do you mean in the second part of that sentence
  • 01:29:095 (8,9) - 01:31:838 (8,9) - 01:33:209 (7,8) - 01:37:324 (8,9) - 01:42:809 (8,9) - Alright, this may lead to something much major than the other issue about distance spacing. Probably all these parts, and the rest of those similar to these, are literally inconsistent based on execution and correspondence to emphasis. And because of that, this whole section of the song track's sound waves and drums technically sounds the same by density. So there's no actual reason to vary such spacing or patterning in terms of relevancy or emphasis. I highly recommend to comprise the unnecessary jumps that's after the five-circle streams to progress the flow at the same rate. For short, consist the jumps equally by distance spacing. well i kinda adjusted some, but the DS doesn't vary by a lot anyway and imo it all plays similarly.


In my honest opinion, the mapset looks pretty solid. You could've tried to polish some of the structures in some difficulties, especially the mid difficulties at some point. Overall execution and concept was pretty much fine though. Just some issues about the hitsounding and a bit of rhythm and emphasis in harder difficulties that needs more tweaking and refinements.

That is all for now, great song~
Best of luck!


Thanks, you mentioned a lot of good points.
also grats on BN :o
User avatar
Combo Commander
407 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Cerulean Veyron wrote:

- - Image Stingy - -
  • 00:51:552 (5) - There's this pitched melody on this part that has a pretty clear beats. I'd probably say, it might be a lot better if this slider would be replaced to two circles in order to emphasize the melody much dense and suitable. It might make the rhythm composition a little out of nowhere, but it'll work much better in comparison to the slider. I did this sort of idea in the kiai, and since this entire beginning is based on sliders and patterning, I'd like to leave it. It is less exciting than the kiai so that's another reason.
  • 01:14:181 (7,1,2) - In my point of view, that kinda looks a bit clustered looking by the structure and some stacking usage over there. Would probably overlap (7) and (2) rather than stacking it up with a slider head and tail. You could try to map it out by using slider (2)'s straight angle behind slider (7)'s head afterwards, something like this might inspire you or something else in a weird way. ;w;w;w???
  • 01:35:438 (2) - I guess you missed a hitsounding spot here for keeping up with the percussion? Might you wanna add a clap here for sure. Just saying.. oops ;w;
  • 02:08:009 (4,5,6,7) - You almost did something pretty good here, almost. The overlapping between the two sliders were okay, but the next few circles kinda disintegrate the structural flow somehow. So it's either because of the next three circles' placements, or the slider position could be a little misplaced. I would actually suggest to either flip the slider's position and redo the curve a little, or maybe make the slider flow towards the next circle, or move away one of the three circles. Well, there are many options somehow, but you may do it your own way. Did something!~



http://puu.sh/y7a3Q/0cb58f87b4.osu
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
515 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Oh hey there, been a while since we did M4M again!

Easy
00:47:095 (5) - This slider seems out of place as I checked other ones, I think that it's different so I'd recommend to copy 00:58:067 (4) - this one and use it there also for more similarity, it's only good for Easy!
01:00:809 (1,2) - The movement between these is very harsh, maybe do something like you did 01:13:152 (2,3) - here?


Kujinn's Normal
00:46:409 (4) - The movement is pretty rough this way, ctrl+h would make it better for flow as well.
00:48:467 (2) - For this one I'd recommend the same, although it would mess up a lot of your next things. Flow is a lot better this way for this one for sure.
01:24:124 (4) - Would recommend ctrl+j here. (not gonna repeat the flow one)
01:38:524 (3,4) - I think that the overlap is a bit too much here, I'd not overlap them as much here.
01:44:352 (4) - Recommending ctrl+h and ctrl+g here.


Stingy's Hard
01:21:724 (6,7) - From structure perspective, they are way too close imo. 01:20:695 (4,6,7) - they aren't equal in terms of spacing as well.
01:24:809 (6,7) - As I saw the same rhythm at the beginning, I already thought that sth maybe would make it better. I'd recommend to stack them so the slider would feel better for the rhythm choice as well, otherwise imo that slider is kinda off.
01:35:095 (1,2,3,4,5) - Equal the spacings a bit more here? Would be better to the eye as well, for example 01:35:095 (1,4) - these are way too close and 01:35:095 (1,2) - these the opposite.


Spark
01:23:267 (3,5) - I'd highly recommend to make (5) a bit better to see, otherwise it would bring a lot of confusion.


Nothing much to tell, imo the diffs are pretty decent. Just with a bit better structure learning and you all will be making some nice maps soon. Good luck!
Gonna give the map just in case: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/677685
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 46 posts jump | 1, 2, 3, 4  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: