This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
None
Rhythm Incarnate
605 posts

Normal

• 00:08:541 (4,5) - blanket is off, its askew like diagonally
    collapsed text
  • 00:10:659 (2,3,1) - this flow is super super super confusing for normal player: first the overlap of 00:09:953 (1,1) - is super cluttered and messy, second the doubling back motion of 00:11:012 (3,1) - is simply too complex for a low diff player especially when this is the lowest diff in the set: here is a suggestion for a potential new pattern (change to your taste)
    collapsed text
  • 00:13:482 (4,2) - this is also mindmeltingly complex for a normal player: the overlap of the slider bodies makes it basically unreadable and unfair for the player at this level: if there's one major rule you should be following when making lower diffs, its to keep things as SIMPLE as possible
  • 00:23:718 (2,3) - these objects overlap the HP bar, which is inadvisable in lower diffs as the player 110% has it on and is probably paying attention to it most of the time, it makes your diff look cluttered and messy
  • okay: so it's pretty clear from this diff that you are a new mapper, at least new to mapping lower diffs, so i'm just going to go over a couple points that you can apply to the rest of the diff because i think that would help you a lot more than specifics
  • NCs: your NC structure is kind of broken, generally you NC once every amount of bars (once every 4 bars aka every big white tick 00:29:718 - 00:28:306 - for examples of big white tick or another amount) which you do not do here, that is a general rule for NCing that's pretty easy to follow except in cases where you are NCing for emphasis
  • Keeping flow simple: pretty self explanatory, use the point i pointed out as an example: you want things to be incredibly basic and very very easy to understand for the player, making it always clear where the next object should be

you have distance snapping down and your patterning is okay, but your aesthetics are messy and confusing + unclear

Hard

• i'm going to use this diff to illustrate another mapping concept: patterning
  • this map has next to no patterns in it, despite clearly having a lot of objects, some of which are kind of related to each other
  • here is an example of a successfully executed pattern: 00:40:659 (4,5,6,7,8) - it is simple, just a pentagon but it works for this analogy, as taken together, this makes a clear, concise pattern and shape
  • now, here is an example of notes that just aren't a pattern: 00:00:071 (1,2,3,4,5) - when you highlight this, do you see a certain shape? do the notes relate to each other in any way? no, they're just kind of notes that have been placed on the timeline with no real distinct pattern or relation to one another: this applies to basically every pattern in this map barring the literal shapes
  • note that patterns dont HAVE to be shapes, they just have to be notes that have some sort of relation to each other in other to make some sort of whole combined entity when they are all placed: patterns can be several combos/bars of notes long or just 3 or 2 notes, it is just relative to what the song requires and what kind of mapping style you use
  • the number one issue with this diff is the lack of patterns, focusing on this will improve your structure, how fun your maps are, and most importantly make you a better mapper

from looking at your other diffs: this complaint about patterning is definitely the #1 thing you need to focus on right now

sorry i could not provide a more indepth mod for your map because it's simply not ready for modding: use this map as a learning experience and the next map you make will be 1000x better

don't give up! i hope this mini mapping lesson was helpful, if you want more help pm me in game :)
Star Shooter
230 posts
Kaifin wrote:

Normal

• 00:08:541 (4,5) - blanket is off, its askew like diagonally
    collapsed text
  • 00:10:659 (2,3,1) - this flow is super super super confusing for normal player: first the overlap of 00:09:953 (1,1) - is super cluttered and messy, second the doubling back motion of 00:11:012 (3,1) - is simply too complex for a low diff player especially when this is the lowest diff in the set: here is a suggestion for a potential new pattern (change to your taste)
    collapsed text
  • 00:13:482 (4,2) - this is also mindmeltingly complex for a normal player: the overlap of the slider bodies makes it basically unreadable and unfair for the player at this level: if there's one major rule you should be following when making lower diffs, its to keep things as SIMPLE as possible
  • 00:23:718 (2,3) - these objects overlap the HP bar, which is inadvisable in lower diffs as the player 110% has it on and is probably paying attention to it most of the time, it makes your diff look cluttered and messy
  • okay: so it's pretty clear from this diff that you are a new mapper, at least new to mapping lower diffs, so i'm just going to go over a couple points that you can apply to the rest of the diff because i think that would help you a lot more than specifics
  • NCs: your NC structure is kind of broken, generally you NC once every amount of bars (once every 4 bars aka every big white tick 00:29:718 - 00:28:306 - for examples of big white tick or another amount) which you do not do here, that is a general rule for NCing that's pretty easy to follow except in cases where you are NCing for emphasis
  • Keeping flow simple: pretty self explanatory, use the point i pointed out as an example: you want things to be incredibly basic and very very easy to understand for the player, making it always clear where the next object should be

you have distance snapping down and your patterning is okay, but your aesthetics are messy and confusing + unclear

Hard

• i'm going to use this diff to illustrate another mapping concept: patterning
  • this map has next to no patterns in it, despite clearly having a lot of objects, some of which are kind of related to each other
  • here is an example of a successfully executed pattern: 00:40:659 (4,5,6,7,8) - it is simple, just a pentagon but it works for this analogy, as taken together, this makes a clear, concise pattern and shape
  • now, here is an example of notes that just aren't a pattern: 00:00:071 (1,2,3,4,5) - when you highlight this, do you see a certain shape? do the notes relate to each other in any way? no, they're just kind of notes that have been placed on the timeline with no real distinct pattern or relation to one another: this applies to basically every pattern in this map barring the literal shapes
  • note that patterns dont HAVE to be shapes, they just have to be notes that have some sort of relation to each other in other to make some sort of whole combined entity when they are all placed: patterns can be several combos/bars of notes long or just 3 or 2 notes, it is just relative to what the song requires and what kind of mapping style you use
  • the number one issue with this diff is the lack of patterns, focusing on this will improve your structure, how fun your maps are, and most importantly make you a better mapper

from looking at your other diffs: this complaint about patterning is definitely the #1 thing you need to focus on right now

sorry i could not provide a more indepth mod for your map because it's simply not ready for modding: use this map as a learning experience and the next map you make will be 1000x better

don't give up! i hope this mini mapping lesson was helpful, if you want more help pm me in game :)

-thank you for this, i'll review everything written in here and improve this mapset, maybe this wont go for ranked but maybe the next map will, thanks again
Beatmap Nominator
1,185 posts
yo

Normal

00:11:012 (3) - Personally I think having (2,3,4) be a perfect straight line is a really nice aesthetic, consider nudging this over slightly.

00:15:600 (4,5) - Not really important, but consider making these a perfect blanket

00:27:600 (1) - I can kind of understand why you have NC on 00:28:306 (1,1,1) - because of the heavy notes in the music it kind of fits, but those heavy notes don't actually start until 00:28:306 (1) - which makes the decision to have your NC spam start on 00:27:600 (1) - questionable. Unless there's something i'm missing, I would remove NC from this.

01:07:835 (1,3) - Really wouldn't recommend having these stacked, as it may confuse players around this level to think that the first slider is continuing while also having another note off to the side.

Hard

00:00:776 (5) - Consider bringing this up slightly to make the pentagon form look a little better: https://puu.sh/vAGqs/131b7b5890.png

00:07:129 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm assuming your idea here was to have continually increasing spacing between each notes, but I don't think constant 1/2 differences in spacing is appropriate for hard, considering players around this level are only JUST starting to get experience in playing things without consistent distance snap, I would just make this a normally spaced pentagon pattern like you did previously in the map.

(Just now looking through the rest of this diff, I noticed most of the pentagon patterns you used are pretty inconsistent, i'm assuming you did most of these by hand? Consider going through the difficulty and using Create Polygonal Circles (Ctrl+Shift+D) to make some of these a bit more consistent with each other.)

00:26:894 (5,1,2,3) - The rhythm here seems a bit iffy, consider replacing it with this: https://puu.sh/vAGE2/66dc238e6a.png

01:20:365 (1) - Shorten this repeat by 2 repeats, it only needs to repeat once for the piano.

Good luck!
Star Shooter
230 posts
Weber wrote:
yo

Normal

00:11:012 (3) - Personally I think having (2,3,4) be a perfect straight line is a really nice aesthetic, consider nudging this over slightly.

00:15:600 (4,5) - Not really important, but consider making these a perfect blanket

00:27:600 (1) - I can kind of understand why you have NC on 00:28:306 (1,1,1) - because of the heavy notes in the music it kind of fits, but those heavy notes don't actually start until 00:28:306 (1) - which makes the decision to have your NC spam start on 00:27:600 (1) - questionable. Unless there's something i'm missing, I would remove NC from this.

01:07:835 (1,3) - Really wouldn't recommend having these stacked, as it may confuse players around this level to think that the first slider is continuing while also having another note off to the side.

Hard

00:00:776 (5) - Consider bringing this up slightly to make the pentagon form look a little better: https://puu.sh/vAGqs/131b7b5890.png

00:07:129 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm assuming your idea here was to have continually increasing spacing between each notes, but I don't think constant 1/2 differences in spacing is appropriate for hard, considering players around this level are only JUST starting to get experience in playing things without consistent distance snap, I would just make this a normally spaced pentagon pattern like you did previously in the map.

(Just now looking through the rest of this diff, I noticed most of the pentagon patterns you used are pretty inconsistent, i'm assuming you did most of these by hand? Consider going through the difficulty and using Create Polygonal Circles (Ctrl+Shift+D) to make some of these a bit more consistent with each other.)

00:26:894 (5,1,2,3) - The rhythm here seems a bit iffy, consider replacing it with this: https://puu.sh/vAGE2/66dc238e6a.png

01:20:365 (1) - Shorten this repeat by 2 repeats, it only needs to repeat once for the piano.

Good luck!
-thank you, illl go and check all of these
Spinner Sage
132 posts
Hi! From Aozora Jumping Heart Map, (I am the other insane)

^ means same thing as before comment
    General

You need an advanced to fill in the gap between normal and hard, it is too large. I can do an advanced gd if needed since I like this song so much. ( Do not worry I have improved a lot since that gd)

Normal

00:02:894 (5) should be nc to match song new phrase and erase next note's nc.
    00:09:600 (6) since you are treating this normal as an easy, this is too difficult.
    00:12:776 (2,3,4) I recommend changing to something like this. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8032111
    00:16:306 (5) ^ as first comment
    00:19:129 (4,5) Delete the note in front and extend slider to white tick, sorta confusing
    01:03:953 (5) placement not nice, bad flow and confusing. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8032132 fix to this maybe
    01:11:365 ^ fix plz by making geometrical triangle.
    01:14:894 (3,4) cannot suddenly put pattern like that. Copy and paste next slider onto the area which I am talking about and do control + j

Hard

Beginning jumps more fit for an insane. :). Plz make smaller. Actually all your pentagons are sorta large
    00:05:012 nc and delete subsequent nc
    00:11:894 ^
    00:16:306 ^
    Move slider at 00:21:776 (2) to blue tick to match rhythm
    Slider at 00:23:718 take previous slider and copy and paste it to this spot. Than Control + h this time.
    00:30:423 nc
    Note at 0:39:423 stack on top of next slider?
    Move note at 00:56:365 to left a bit?
    Four notes at 01:02:188 sudden change in pattern, maybe something like a square?
    Note at 01:16:129 delete over map
Sorry I couldn't mod all diff, I am lazy.

Good luck on this mapset!

Also doyou know how people make that cool modding list
Reply 35 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3